• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Man, I am so hyped for this update. Might even stay up so that I can play it right after the update finishes.

Edit: And i guess this confirms the potion is in.
Feel the wrath of my 900 rubies for lvl 80 paladin + 3sss!
On a second note any chance they'll do a 1+1 or other discount event on summons?

RedZone

Neo Member
Feel the wrath of my 900 rubies for lvl 80 paladin + 3sss!
On a second note any chance they'll do a 1+1 or other discount event on summons?

they have a 10% off essence event but otherwise no summon discounts, i think most ppl will be buying the 300ruby packs for the guarenteed SS now anyway

Ventara

Man, just counting off the things I'll need to do once the update is live is getting me excited.

- assign skill points for rogue and warrior (mostly the same, except less points for crit dmg/rate for rogue)
- quickly finish up daily quests
- buy an extra character slot and make a Paladin (not sure what I want to name him, though it'll start with Vent like all my other characters)
- buy the special potion (this is such a great deal considering you get 3 free SSS; even the regular one is since you get over 1000 rubies back from raids)
- buy a bunch of Dark and Ancient Essences
- summon a bunch of S allies
- make Hell Hawk
- ultimate Hell Hawk and Mikaela
- buy second skill set for priest and assign points
- buy all extra inventory slots for 5 characters + storage slots
- do a bunch of Deus Rag runs
- gear up priest, Hawk and Mikaela, and my other main guys
- figure out the best team for WB
- do the main story with rogue

Probably forgetting something, too, lol. Hopefully I have enough rubies and gold for all that. I wish I saved up my friend points since summons will be half off (I literally used them all yesterday; stupid me).

they have a 10% off essence event but otherwise no summon discounts, i think most ppl will be buying the 300ruby packs for the guarenteed SS now anyway

I wish it was 20% off like they usually do. They know people will be buying. Though I guess it's still better than nothing.

RedZone

Neo Member
Man, just counting off the things I'll need to do once the update is live is getting me excited.

- assign skill points for rogue and warrior (mostly the same, except less points for crit dmg/rate for rogue)
- quickly finish up daily quests
- buy an extra character slot and make a Paladin (not sure what I want to name him, though it'll start with Vent like all my other characters)
- buy the special potion (this is such a great deal considering you get 3 free SSS; even the regular one is since you get over 1000 rubies back from raids)
- buy a bunch of Dark and Ancient Essences
- summon a bunch of S allies
- make Hell Hawk
- ultimate Hell Hawk and Mikaela
- buy second skill set for priest and assign points
- buy all extra inventory slots for 5 characters + storage slots
- do a bunch of Deus Rag runs
- gear up priest, Hawk and Mikaela, and my other main guys
- figure out the best team for WB
- do the main story with rogue

Probably forgetting something, too, lol. Hopefully I have enough rubies and gold for all that. I wish I saved up my friend points since summons will be half off (I literally used them all yesterday; stupid me).

I wish it was 20% off like they usually do. They know people will be buying. Though I guess it's still better than nothing.

are summons half off? i have 1500fp lol, but ya im probably making storm bear tank, not sure what to do with my 40+ angel essence, no one i really want unless i want to make a buster in the future

and ya im excited to make a paladin, i never made a warrior since i knew paly was coming eventually and didnt want to waste the shoes, now i can finally get all those free S/SS from lab floor clears

LuuKyK

I have been playing this game for a long time but very casually. Can someone explain to me how do essences work? I have bunch but I have no idea how to use them. Lol

Ventara

I have been playing this game for a long time but very casually. Can someone explain to me how do essences work? I have bunch but I have no idea how to use them. Lol

They're used to make deified allies (basically super SSS allies). You need 10 to turn an Ultimate ally into one. Then, for every attempt at enhancing a deified ally, you'll need one as well. You'll need a ton of them.

Takuan

Good lord, this is one hell of an update. First things first:

How should I respec my rogue? I found a build guide on Gamelytic, but it's pretty old; if it wasn't out of date yesterday, it probably is now! I've been Hidden Blades forever now, so maybe Dance of Death is the way to go? I dunno.

I've also been hoarding rubies, so should buy that special jar and use it on the Pally since it's the best value? I'll have ~1400 left afterward for essences and whatnot.

So many decisions to make. I suppose gold is my most precious resource right now, so if it's gold I want to pursue, what's my best avenue? Would appreciate guidance from y'all.

Uthred

Oh cool, essences did retroactively combine, did anyone buy that jar and if so do you have to buy it with the character you want to use it on? Translation is a bit rough, and the UI covering text also makes it feel a tad ropey

Ventara

Aww, you can't unequip cards. :(

Good lord, this is one hell of an update. First things first:

How should I respec my rogue? I found a build guide on Gamelytic, but it's pretty old; if it wasn't out of date yesterday, it probably is now! I've been Hidden Blades forever now, so maybe Dance of Death is the way to go? I dunno.

I've also been hoarding rubies, so should buy that special jar and use it on the Pally since it's the best value? I'll have ~1400 left afterward for essences and whatnot.

So many decisions to make. I suppose gold is my most precious resource right now, so if it's gold I want to pursue, what's my best avenue? Would appreciate guidance from y'all.

DoD forever. After that, for passives put 10/5/x/x. The last two will depend. Crit dmg maxes out at 400, so no reason to go above if you've hit the limit. If you're crit rat and acc are above 50-60, no need to raise that much either.

Yes, definitely buy the special jar and use on paladin.

Oh cool, essences did retroactively combine, did anyone buy that jar and if so do you have to buy it with the character you want to use it on? Translation is a bit rough, and the UI covering text also makes it feel a tad ropey

Yes, but it with the character you want to use it on. It'll send you back to the character creation screen once bought, and your character will be 80 automatically.

Edit: If you're summoning 10+ guys anyways, any reason NOT to go for the 300 ruby package? Same thing, but one ally is guaranteed to be SS.

Edit 2: Bought it twice, got another SS in my 2nd bunch, meaning I got 3 SS for a free SSS. Sweet! Wish the 1+1 was going on now, lol.

Uthred

While its not much use to established players being able to pick the class of your summon from the SSS ticket is nice. No more waiting forever for a healer.

Ventara

Damn, I am absolutely having horrible luck enhancing Hellhawk. Highly unlikely I'll Ult him, let alone both him and Mikaela.

Edit: Gonna do the raids on my Paladin. Hopefully that'll be enough to Ult Hawk.

wapplew

Damn, I am absolutely having horrible luck enhancing Hellhawk. Highly unlikely I'll Ult him, let alone both him and Mikaela.

Edit: Gonna do the raids on my Paladin. Hopefully that'll be enough to Ult Hawk.

Why rush it? Wait for weekend bonus?

Salamande

So...much...stuff! They really know how to put the hooks in with Chapter 3.

Although the thought of how much time and effort it'll take to equip my allies with full sets is giving me the shakes...

Ventara

Man, the "Next" button during the prologue covers up the text. It's a small thing, but still annoying and I wish they were more careful about that.

Strange, I bought the special package but didn't get anything beyond the 80?

Some others on Reddit seemed to have the problem. Just to be sure, restart your game and check your mailbox. If it's still not there, might have to send in a support ticket.

Salamande

On the other hand, the app in general seems snappier (this is on a Galaxy Note 4). Scrolling through the allies screen is smoother, for instance.

Whizkid7

Did they reduce the xp it takes to level sub 80? Feels like I'm leveling way faster than before the update.

Also it feels good to have a Boden right out the gate. Really tempted to pick up that $10 smart package too for extra essences...

Ventara

Did they reduce the xp it takes to level sub 80? Feels like I'm leveling way faster than before the update.

Also it feels good to have a Boden right out the gate. Really tempted to pick up that $10 smart package too for extra essences...

Not sure, but would be awesome if they did. Need to level my warrior, mage and archer to 80.

wapplew

Yup, I'm just 83 my second charecter.

Takuan

Man, the "Next" button during the prologue covers up the text. It's a small thing, but still annoying and I wish they were more careful about that.

Some others on Reddit seemed to have the problem. Just to be sure, restart your game and check your mailbox. If it's still not there, might have to send in a support ticket.

Yup, I guess bugs are expected with a content patch this large. No biggie, I opened a ticket with support and hopefully they'll address it sooner than later. Will just level the rogue with the time I have left on my exp pot in the meantime.

Ventara said:
DoD forever. After that, for passives put 10/5/x/x. The last two will depend. Crit dmg maxes out at 400, so no reason to go above if you've hit the limit. If you're crit rat and acc are above 50-60, no need to raise that much either.
This is going to be a stupid question, but why 5 in Bloodthirsty Blade? Is it for the Immunity? I had the impression that heals weren't very significant for most modes except maybe Raid.

Ventara

Wait, yeah, they totally did reduce the experience to level your character. As wapple just confirmed.

Like, going from 80 to 81 is around 80 million, when it used to be around 250 million. Kinda wish I waited on leveling my priest now, lol. All those shoes are gone.

Whizkid7

Wait, yeah, they totally did reduce the experience to level your character. As wapple just confirmed.

Like, going from 80 to 81 is around 80 million, when it used to be around 250 million. Kinda wish I waited on leveling my priest now, lol. All those shoes are gone.

Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend! Maybe l'll finally catch up now.

Ventara

Yup, I guess bugs are expected with a content patch this large. No biggie, I opened a ticket with support and hopefully they'll address it sooner than later. Will just level the rogue with the time I have left on my exp pot in the meantime.

This is going to be a stupid question, but why 5 in Bloodthirsty Blade? Is it for the Immunity? I had the impression that heals weren't very significant for most modes except maybe Raid.

It's for the heals. It's not that important, but it helps here and there. I'd still put 1 or 2 points in there, at the very least, though the other two active skills would should definitely get the bulk.

Edit: Looks like there's gonna be an emergency maintenance in 10 minutes for an hour. Will fix arena coins, among other things.

Uthred

Wish I'd spent my arena currency pre-patch, thats some serious inflation. If theyre going to increase the price of stuff x10 they could at least multiply our currency by the same amount.

Ventara

Wish I'd spent my arena currency pre-patch, thats some serious inflation. If theyre going to increase the price of stuff x10 they could at least multiply our currency by the same amount.

Your current currency was indeed supposed to be increased by 10x, but wasn't due to a mistake, which will be soon fixed in an emergency update.

Edit: Just did one quick run in lab with my Paladin, and he made it to 50, when my warrior can make it to 55. So I guess warrior is better in lab.

RedZone

Neo Member
You don't need 6 pieces on everyone. You need 6 pieces for 1 or 2 of each primary stat. Just move the gear around since you can unequip it on everyone

well you need 6 pieces for all your allies now haha, i have like 50 deus tickets i can burn now to equip everyone, didnt have inventory space to hold all the extra before the patch

well you need 6 pieces for all your allies now haha, i have like 50 deus tickets i can burn now to equip everyone, didnt have inventory space to hold all the extra before the patch

That's what I'm saying, you don't need 6 pieces for all your allies. For example, let's say you have Farrah, DBS, DBA, and Fryderyk. Does this mean you need 24 pieces? No! Of course not. You're never going to have all 4 of them in your party at the same time. You will probably have 1 mage, 1 healer, and then 2 of something else (e.g. rogue / archer). So you only need 2 mage sets. Put it on DBS and DBA. When you have a different set up that uses Fryderyk or Farrah, take the gear off of DBS ./ DBA and move it to the other unit.

You only ever have at most 5 people in your party at any given time. So you probably really only need a total of 6 or 7 full sets of gear to handle all the combinations of allies / hero that you usually run.

What about labyrinth ?

Also don't buy essences now in 2days there should be 10+1 event on top of 10% discount.

edit:
Do You guys see same passives for mage as I do ?

I had 8k attack before patch - now I'm at +15k since 3rd passive is giving base attack bonus.

Well that was fun. Spent 900 rubies, got the same SSS ally I had.

Oh well :p

Anyone have a build for the Archer yet?

so the pull 3 ss to get 1 sss is active right?
I'll bite tonight..
going for 80 paladin+3sss and 1 guaranteed sss via pull :X
let's hope :O
those 3sss you get via the 900 ruby jar, are they "ticket" and you select the class or "random pulls"?

desverger

so the pull 3 ss to get 1 sss is active right?
I'll bite tonight..
going for 80 paladin+3sss and 1 guaranteed sss via pull :X
let's hope :O
those 3sss you get via the 900 ruby jar, are they "ticket" and you select the class or "random pulls"?

Well I had the SSS bonus up in the Ruby pull, that's how it works. After you get a SSS ticket in mail, it's completely random what you get.

vato_loco

So where's the 900 ruby pot? I can't find it anywhere...

Also I have 924 rubies right now. Getting that pot would drain my entire ruby deposit. Is it worth it? I heard that just by doing the raids I can get 1000 rubies back, is this right?

EDIT: never mind, found it. It's 990 rubies, the damn thing. What's the difference between the Normal Jar of Growth and the Special Jar? Is it the 3 SSS?

So where's the 900 ruby pot? I can't find it anywhere...

Also I have 924 rubies right now. Getting that pot would drain my entire ruby deposit. Is it worth it? I heard that just by doing the raids I can get 1000 rubies back, is this right?

EDIT: never mind, found it. It's 990 rubies, the damn thing. What's the difference between the Normal Jar of Growth and the Special Jar? Is it the 3 SSS?
Personally 3 sss are worth those 490 extra ruby..
Anyway consider that by clearing act1 and act 2 raid at all difficulty with a char you get 1k rubies..
So if you don't mind spending tix, you might actually create char @80, give him your full gear, let him clear the raid, remove the gear, delete the char..
Bam, 500 rubies more.. If you ask me, it's worth it..

Top Bottom