• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

vato_loco

Personally 3 sss are worth those 490 extra ruby..
Anyway consider that by clearing act1 and act 2 raid at all difficulty with a char you get 1k rubies..
So if you don't mind spending tix, you might actually create char @80, give him your full gear, let him clear the raid, remove the gear, delete the char..
Bam, 500 rubies more.. If you ask me, it's worth it..

So it would seem, it looks like everyone is doing it so I'll get on it.

This guide is applicable to global now, btw: http://livis-corner.blogspot.de/2015/08/dragon-blaze-korean-version-getting.html

Good for guys like me who only had leveled(very slowly) one class til now.

Hell of a guide!

EDIT: well fuck, I purchased a Smart Package to get the rubies I still lack and the game went and bugged on me. It can't grant me the package for some reason (even though they already charged me for it) and it stays there in a loading state trying to give me the things. Now I don't have the package and I can't even play the game because of the loading screen.

DUAL EDIT: already fixed. Now to think which Boden I'll be creating. Which one/s are you gonna pick?

Salamande

Huh, they removed the auto-retry in the Arena. That's unfortunate, I actually used that a lot. I'm guessing it was a mistake; there's even still a loading tooltip referring to it...

Ventara

Damn, they didn't multiply your current arena coins by 10x in the emergency patch. On the flip side, jewels are still the same price even though arena coin rewards have increased. Now would be the time to buy them, as I think they'll be increasing the cost.

DUAL EDIT: already fixed. Now to think which Boden I'll be creating. Which one/s are you gonna pick?

Went for Hellhawk. He'll be it for now until the 2nd batch of bodens. Going for the rogue buster.

Edit: The cap for crit dmg got increased from 400%? I'm guessing to 500%? Hmm, not sure if I should max crit dmg passive now.

Pejo

Man it seems like this patch is all messed up. I logged in last night and bought the 900~ ruby potion for my new pally, got nothing with it. Ran a bunch of dungeons to try out the skills and see what they do, claimed a few rewards, nothing showed up in my mailbox. Glitches everywhere, game crashed twice, can't log back in correctly. I go to bed because I'm sure they're going to have it fixed in the morning.

I log in this morning, still no items from buying the potion, and the only rewards I get in my inbox are the daily login and surprise box. I'm really fucking bummed if I don't get my SSS's or whatever else I'm supposed to get. How did they mess the launch of this chapter so badly? Haven't they been running it for months in Korea?

Takuan

Man it seems like this patch is all messed up. I logged in last night and bought the 900~ ruby potion for my new pally, got nothing with it. Ran a bunch of dungeons to try out the skills and see what they do, claimed a few rewards, nothing showed up in my mailbox. Glitches everywhere, game crashed twice, can't log back in correctly. I go to bed because I'm sure they're going to have it fixed in the morning.

I log in this morning, still no items from buying the potion, and the only rewards I get in my inbox are the daily login and surprise box. I'm really fucking bummed if I don't get my SSS's or whatever else I'm supposed to get. How did they mess the launch of this chapter so badly? Haven't they been running it for months in Korea?

Open a support ticket and wait. It's probably all we can realistically do. I'm not that miffed about it because I haven't paid a dime to these guys and they've been mighty generous all the same.

Re: the problems, from what I understand we got some enhancements that Korea didn't get with Chapter 3's launch. I think it's the largest update the game has received.

RedZone

Neo Member

ya i didnt get the 3 SSS from the potion either, the gear is whatever but 3 sss would have been nice, now just have to wait since a lot of ppl on reddit are having the same problem

Takuan

ya i didnt get the 3 SSS from the potion either, the gear is whatever but 3 sss would have been nice, now just have to wait since a lot of ppl on reddit are having the same problem

I'm just ruby farming in the meantime. There's no reason not to, net gain of like ~1000 rubies? Yes please. I'm surprised they didn't patch this out, since people can abuse it pretty easily.

Edit: NM, you can only get the rewards once per class. Still, that's amazing. There's no reason not to max out all my characters and create other classes now.

RedZone

Neo Member
I'm just ruby farming in the meantime. There's no reason not to, net gain of like ~1000 rubies? Yes please. I'm surprised they didn't patch this out, since people can abuse it pretty easily.

Edit: NM, you can only get the rewards once per class. Still, that's amazing. There's no reason not to max out all my characters and create other classes now.

ya its once per class, im gearing up all my allies before i start using my paly, dont have the gear due to the broken pot haha

Ventara

Looks like labyrinth became tougher. My warrior who made it to 55 now dies at 50. Then again, I did change his skill composition. Anyways, this means Paladin might be better at lab since he made it past 50 one out of the 3 times I tried yesterday. Though he was 80 compared to my 72 warrior. I'm terrible at comparisons, lol.

Edit: Regarding the special effects on U gear, I'm assuming stuff like reduce ACC is useless on priests since they don't attack the enemies? What would be the best effects for them?

RedZone

Neo Member
Looks like labyrinth became tougher. My warrior who made it to 55 now dies at 50. Then again, I did change his skill composition. Anyways, this means Paladin might be better at lab since he made it past 50 one out of the 3 times I tried yesterday. Though he was 80 compared to my 72 warrior. I'm terrible at comparisons, lol.

Edit: Regarding the special effects on U gear, I'm assuming stuff like reduce ACC is useless on priests since they don't attack the enemies? What would be the best effects for them?

for priest i dont bother with U gear skill, i dont thing there are any good ones for priest now that cooldown reduction isnt in global

Personally 3 sss are worth those 490 extra ruby..
Anyway consider that by clearing act1 and act 2 raid at all difficulty with a char you get 1k rubies..
So if you don't mind spending tix, you might actually create char @80, give him your full gear, let him clear the raid, remove the gear, delete the char..
Bam, 500 rubies more.. If you ask me, it's worth it..

You can't do act1 raids after you use the potion, it clears all the quest for you automatically. All you can do is act2 raids.

So, if anyone wants to know how many rubies you'll get after using the 990 pot (or even 500 if you have gear): i *THINK* i had 1128 rubies before buying the 990 pot for my pally.

So that's 138 rubies left. Now after doing all Ch1 + Ch2 raids in all possible modes i have 1186 rubies so it's around +1048 rubies for a new character.

However, character only has 1 page of inventory unlocked and i will need to spend rubies to unlock the other 3 classes i'm missing (-297 rubies) but still, that's going to be lots of rubies for not much effort, imo.

(Having 3k tickets also helps ;) )

EDIT: cpp: that's not right. You won't be able to do them IF you already done them on that class, but a new class will be able to do them. Just did on my paladin.

Takuan

Doing it on my second char with a pot, getting rubies.

You having any problems getting raids going? I'm trying to finish up Ch 2 myth but am having a hell of a time getting a party. I figure there's no point in doing it with AI because I'm not geared well at all. I'm stuck here on Aqualis. Might just start working on my other characters.

You having any problems getting raids going? I'm trying to finish up Ch 2 myth but am having a hell of a time getting a party. I figure there's no point in doing it with AI because I'm not geared well at all. I'm stuck here on Aqualis. Might just start working on my other characters.

I got rookies a few times, but I just stuck at it, eventually I managed to clear them.

desverger

Still trying to find something to build my Archer with. I guess they weren't too popular before?

Just eyeballing the abilities, ultimate arrow rain seems rather good. 50% chance to remove debuffs is rather nice. Sure, PA has a stun now but that just seems a bit lackluster compared to the buffs other abilities got.

vato_loco

Holy dicksplosion, Deus Rag is a wuss! He doesn't last more than 5 seconds with every single party I go with.

On a not so fun note, every single time I've gotten the damn SS equipment...

Still trying to find something to build my Archer with. I guess they weren't too popular before?

Just eyeballing the abilities, ultimate arrow rain seems rather good. 50% chance to remove debuffs is rather nice. Sure, PA has a stun now but that just seems a bit lackluster compared to the buffs other abilities got.

It's been a while since I've seen an Archer high in Arena or Lab. Last time I checked everyone was going Warrior because he could hold his own in Lab and PVE and Golem. Priest is awesome in Arena and any WB and Lab and pretty much anywhere, and supposedly Paladin is better than Warrior in Lab so a lot of people, me included, are doing one right now. Maybe go for the 990 pot and level someone else?

vato_loco

Are the mailbox issues fixed now? Or should I wait on using the 990 rubies potion?

Gamevil forum is full of people who've been having issues, but there are many others who haven't, me included. I did the 990 rubies pot and everything was right there in the inbox.

I'd wait until tomorrow, I just checked the forums and they haven't given any response to this.

Yea I didn't even know so I went ahead and boutht the potion, and it worked fine for me. My mailbox was almost (but not quite) empty when I bought the potion although I don't know if that made a difference.

Crzy1

Forgot that Greysoul was getting buffed, started to level him up and he's pretty amazing. Kills something, gets buffed, pulls out his shadow, kills something else, resets all of his cds and continues his murder streak. Seems like he doesn't hesitate like he used to, just jumps right in and casts Soul-splitting-blade immediately now. He probably doesn't stack up well against Shadowhawk's chain-vanish, but at least he's useful now.

Ventara

You know, I didn't check when I first got it, but the 6-piece gear that you get when you use the special potion to get to level 80 is really good. Minus the special effects, I'd say it's on par with U gear.

Edit: Man, I can't decide what to put on my paladin tank. Help me out guys.

vxMy9Q1.jpg

OR

First set is the SSS gear from the special bonus, and second set is a full set of Deus Rag gear. Everything is unenhanced. U gear special effects are
- Create a shield that deflects damage when hit (set chance)
- Decreases the enemy's Critical Damage for normal attack
- Decreases the enemy's EVA for normal attack

One one hand, you have a low attack speed, but good EVA, Crit DMG decrease and Debuff duration. On the other hand you have low EVA, 0 Crit DMG decrease and debuff duration, but have all the U gear special effects. Since this si for a tank, and his attack is low anyways, I'm guessing his crit rate and crit dmg don't matter?

Edit 2: Not sure how important the 2 new stats are, but I think I'll Igo with the first set since it seems more tanky.

arevin01

For the time being, you want to farm U gear, you want at least 2 set U for the asp+4 Dark. Then u slowly move to 4 set U. After that you can mix and match what you choose but with at least 4 set U. U effects are worth wearing, the good ones that is.

asp, def down, DOT, etc

Tried only one run in lab after the patch with my newly made +0 Storm Bear, immediately made it to lab 89 with pally. Nobody died from 75-79. Super easy now, didnt want to keep trying cuz tix cost is too much.

Managed to squeeze out 23 million on Golem tonight, and that was with really suboptimal team.

Admittedly my Llywelyn is an absolute monster from the deepest depths of hell, but everyone else has a ton of room to improve. I was using Priest, Llywelyn, DBW, DBS, Ravengale with Blackaria helper.

Most of peoples' gear is not even fully enhanced, Ravengale is missing 3 pieces, DBA is missing 3 pieces, Priest is missing 3 pieces, no set bonus synergy, and bad allies.

Hopefully by next week I will have Arrow Trigger and Hellhawk. Then I will probably go with:

Priest, Llywelyn, AT, HH, Ravengale + DBA or DBW, not sure which will be better.

For the time being, you want to farm U gear, you want at least 2 set U for the asp+4 Dark. Then u slowly move to 4 set U. After that you can mix and match what you choose but with at least 4 set U. U effects are worth wearing, the good ones that is.

asp, def down, DOT, etc

Tried only one run in lab after the patch with my newly made +0 Storm Bear, immediately made it to lab 89 with pally. Nobody died from 75-79. Super easy now, didnt want to keep trying cuz tix cost is too much.

Easy because of Storm Bear or easy because of rebalancing changes? I respecced my warrior to Rage Rush so hopefully Paladin will get me through.

Easy because of 6 slot items. They dont die as easy anymore. Pally class and Storm Bear prolly helped as well.

Good to know, what setup were you using this time around? I'm planning to go Paladin, Storm Bear, DBA, DBS, Gaela but I haven't yet done Lab yet this week. (I almost quit last week and only logged on for the first time in like a week tonight)

Ventara

FUUUUUUUUU

I was clearing out old accessories when I accidentally salvaged my experience rings. Ugh, please tell me the best place to find new ones.

Edit: Scratch that! Phew! I had them on my warrior!

FUUUUUUUUU

I was clearing out old accessories when I accidentally salvaged my experience rings. Ugh, please tell me the best place to find new ones.

Edit: Scratch that! Phew! I had them on my warrior!

I'm pretty sure you can do Deus Deathcrown Myth mode and use like 2 raid essences to buy new ones. YOu'll have to farm it a little bit because Exp is not a guaranteed roll, but that's your easiest option.

Ventara

I'm pretty sure you can do Deus Deathcrown Myth mode and use like 2 raid essences to buy new ones. YOu'll have to farm it a little bit because Exp is not a guaranteed roll, but that's your easiest option.

Do you know roughly how much experience those have? The ones I have are around 19%. Wondering if I should get better ones. Would be cool if I could get increased gold on them as well.

Do you know roughly how much experience those have? The ones I have are around 19%. Wondering if I should get better ones. Would be cool if I could get increased gold on them as well.

I'm not sure actually. But it seems like they changed the exp required to level up, so honestly I blazed through 80-83. Maybe exp rings aren't even that important anymore

Ventara

I'm not sure actually. But it seems like they changed the exp required to level up, so honestly I blazed through 80-83. Maybe exp rings aren't even that important anymore

You're right. Guess I can just farm the rings when I have a surplus of time and tickets.

Edit: Whoa, just had something weird happened. Decided to start leveling my mage and the first stage I did gave me a crazy amount of experience. Went from 73 to 75. That's one glitch I don't mind, lol.

Edit 2: Next stage gave the normal amount. Darn, lol.

wapplew

asp, def down, DOT, etc

Thx for the tip, create a storm bear immediately swap out Kymeil, reach Lab 92 on 2nd try with def Warrior.
Used to stuck on 79 with same setup

Ooops, forgot to do Ch2 raids in Myth for my Paladin :s Still a few more 100+ rubies to get.

I haven't played much in the last months besides login and getting daily rewards and collecting allies. Based on the Bodens/Dracos/Angels and Awakened info, i seem to have a pretty good core.

These are my current SSS allies and sort of what i intend to do with them: http://i.imgur.com/xuLtaZE.jpg

(Classes i play: Priest and now Pally)

First thing i'm going to be doing in the following day/weeks is turning one of my surplus warrior allies into Stormbear.

Thoughts/opinions/advice?

vato_loco

Did the 990 pot yesterday. Got a pally and a priest, did all the raids, and now I'm sitting on 1900 rubies. I could do one more today and get some more rubies, which would go to several different things. Awesome way to get some rubies, considering I was sitting on almost 4k tickets.

First thing i'm going to be doing in the following day/weeks is turning one of my surplus warrior allies into Stormbear.

Thoughts/opinions/advice?
I read that he was pretty much one of the best tanks in the game, hands down, I'm gonna get him for sure. Shadowhawk seems to be massive as well but to individual enemies. He'd be hell in Arena.

I'm thinking about using some SS to enhance my boden. I've got like 25 SSS and 15 SS, they're just taking up too much space. I just got SB and AT so maybe I'll get them to +4 on S and then pump them full of SS to max them.

RedZone

Neo Member
I'm thinking about using some SS to enhance my boden. I've got like 25 SSS and 15 SS, they're just taking up too much space. I just got SB and AT so maybe I'll get them to +4 on S and then pump them full of SS to max them.

how do you have so many leftover SS, i have probably a simular amount of SSS but i have no SS left lol, with my extra SSS i have paladins and warriors +ult and sitting around for bodens

how do you have so many leftover SS, i have probably a simular amount of SSS but i have no SS left lol, with my extra SSS i have paladins and warriors +ult and sitting around for bodens

During the last 1+1 premium summon event I spent almost 5,000 rubies. Enough to get the free bonus SSS like 5 times. Which naturally means about 20 SS (15 from summons and 5 from bonuses). Throw in miscellaneous SS here and there from combine and GM events and here i am

RedZone

Neo Member
During the last 1+1 premium summon event I spent almost 5,000 rubies. Enough to get the free bonus SSS like 5 times. Which naturally means about 20 SS (15 from summons and 5 from bonuses). Throw in miscellaneous SS here and there from combine and GM events and here i am

i see, i would keep them though. maybe the first boden burn some SS but as you keep burning shoes you will natually get more essence for free. Unless you are intent on making multiple boden from the first wave

i see, i would keep them though. maybe the first boden burn some SS but as you keep burning shoes you will natually get more essence for free. Unless you are intent on making multiple boden from the first wave

Yea I'm not totally decided. Everyone says hawk is amazing but I've got 0 other rogues so it doesn't help me towards dragon busters. Also neither the mage nor the priest seem that good, even though they do help me towards busters as dbs, dba, fryderyk and farrah are all ult. So idk yet

RedZone

Neo Member
Yea I'm not totally decided. Everyone says hawk is amazing but I've got 0 other rogues so it doesn't help me towards dragon busters. Also neither the mage nor the priest seem that good, even though they do help me towards busters as dbs, dba, fryderyk and farrah are all ult. So idk yet

ya i think im making the archer eventually since i have lly and bw already, and i was going to make the tank but now that ddc got buffed i might make him and save some rubys on essence.

They are buffing DDC :D

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...enance-Emergency-Maintenance-2-3-8AM-10AM-PST

And he will be removing inv buble with his breath

Top Bottom