• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Ironically I haven't felt like playing at all the past couple days. I think because the witness drops today and I've been waiting for it for 3+ years that I just can't think about anything else

Burning through 200 deus rag tickets doesn't help either, thinking about how it's going to be next to impossible to upgrade anymore now

Gearing up allies and alts with a full set, gonna end up feeling bad about how many times I have to kill Deus Ragnarok

John Romero's about to make Deus Ragnarok his bitch..
220px-Daikatana_infamous_advertisement.jpg

Mmm I love a smell of free SSS in the morning ;)

I've managed to improve my Golem score from barely hitting 1000k last week to comfortable 1300k thanks to lvl 77 Phoenix gear.

Are the skill cards from chocolate event worth buying or is it better to spend them on summons ?

vato_loco

Yup, free SSS all the way.

Also damn, I've been having a hard time getting to the top 10% on Arena (meaning, I've been hitting 11% every goddamn time). Now with U equipments and allies with 6 slots and whatever, I'm gonna be nowhere near 20%. And Arena was the best I had: Lab 40%, WB 40% Golem 30% Hydra.

Arse...

Salamande

I'm unreasonably excited about allies with extra equipment slots and being able to swap out equipment at will. More (quasi-) storage space!

Whizkid7

Also damn, I've been having a hard time getting to the top 10% on Arena (meaning, I've been hitting 11% every goddamn time). Now with U equipments and allies with 6 slots and whatever, I'm gonna be nowhere near 20%. And Arena was the best I had: Lab 40%, WB 40% Golem 30% Hydra.

Arse...

...You make a valid point. It was starting to be a struggle just to stay above 20% in Arena; now I'm gonna be lucky if I can hold onto that. I better focus more on leveling so I can catch up...

Arse...

How ?

On Euro server it's super easy I've been getting top 20% ever since I put lvl 64 gear on my main char :D
I just farm lower levels than me on tuesday/wednesday to keep win streak bonus at +20 until 2200-2400 points then I try to prey on weaker level 80 teams (people without deities or teams with low enhance level deities) just to get daily quest done.

I'm unreasonably excited about allies with extra equipment slots and being able to swap out equipment at will. More (quasi-) storage space!

Best thing about being able to swap out equipment is that you only need like 1 or 2 pieces for each slot. For example you're never gonna use DBS, Fryderyk, and Ravengale at the same time. So all 3 of them don't need their own sets. Just move it around when you switch allies

arevin01

I ULTed my Raven and my Golem scored improved by 5 million o_O That and some U gear improvement.

cpp, do you use Ur for helper? It's weird, your team setup should score a lot higher than mine. My only conclusion is some of your weapon is missing CRITDMG.

I'm gonna slow down on playing DB for a few weeks, Blade and Souls looks really cool so I'll be playing that.

vato_loco

How ?

On Euro server it's super easy I've been getting top 20% ever since I put lvl 64 gear on my main char :D
I just farm lower levels than me on tuesday/wednesday to keep win streak bonus at +20 until 2200-2400 points then I try to prey on weaker level 80 teams (people without deities or teams with low enhance level deities) just to get daily quest done.
I've easily done about 60 win streak and there comes a point where there's not a single team I can defeat. All 80 with full deities on ULT and even the reserve is like a goddamn Kymael or something and they smoke me. I'm working on getting all my team a good lvl 70 equipment but even then...

Also I don't know the chances of getting SS or SSS jewels but so far ALL of them have been S. The only SS and SSS jewels I have are from Arena Shop.

Also I'm on Americas server. Maybe that has something to do as well.

I ULTed my Raven and my Golem scored improved by 5 million o_O That and some U gear improvement.

cpp, do you use Ur for helper? It's weird, your team setup should score a lot higher than mine. My only conclusion is some of your weapon is missing CRITDMG.

I'm gonna slow down on playing DB for a few weeks, Blade and Souls looks really cool so I'll be playing that.

Yea I use Ur for helper. What did you score this week? I got 12.6 million with Priest, DBS, DBW, Llywelyn, Raven and Ur Helper. All ULT.

I'm also slowing down because I'm going to be dedicating all my time to The Witness for a while.

arevin01

Yea I use Ur for helper. What did you score this week? I got 12.6 million with Priest, DBS, DBW, Llywelyn, Raven and Ur Helper. All ULT.

I'm also slowing down because I'm going to be dedicating all my time to The Witness for a while.

I'm at 12.8mil with Ur at max and really bad gear. Your setup is the same as mine.

More new stuff:

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...-Chapter-3-Preview-Part-2&p=880096#post880096

I wonder how they are going to rebalance mage and archer.

Also free skill rest :)

Hmm plus passives now go to 12

edit: never mind I've found them on reddit

Code:
Mage got small changes
Fireball : damage increase from 270% > 285%
Ulti Fireball : damage increase from 1305% > 1378%

Passive
1st passive : increase add damage fireball from 306% to 355% while meteor decreased from 107% to 66%
2nd passive : int increase from 6% become 5%, 1% int increase to all team
3rd passive : additional 8% increase
4th passive : become additional 3% fire damage to all party

Code:
Archer got nice buffed skill which is :
Active skill
Ulti Power shoot can stun for 7 sec
Ulti ROF now remove buff include invincibility
Ulti aim now invisible and 100% hit rate

Passive
1st passive : additional 7% attack
2nd passive : additional 1% dex increase to all party
3rd passive : change crit rate to crit damage and increase def pene value from 2 to 5
4th passive : additional 3% base attack for all attack

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/42v5xb/chapter_3_preview_part_2/

Ventara

More new stuff:

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...-Chapter-3-Preview-Part-2&p=880096#post880096

I wonder how they are going to rebalance mage and archer.

Also free skill rest :)

Hmm plus passives now go to 12

edit: never mind I've found them on reddit

Code:
Mage got small changes
Fireball : damage increase from 270% > 285%
Ulti Fireball : damage increase from 1305% > 1378%

Passive
1st passive : increase add damage fireball from 306% to 355% while meteor decreased from 107% to 66%
2nd passive : int increase from 6% become 5%, 1% int increase to all team
3rd passive : additional 8% increase
4th passive : become additional 3% fire damage to all party

Code:
Archer got nice buffed skill which is :
Active skill
Ulti Power shoot can stun for 7 sec
Ulti ROF now remove buff include invincibility
Ulti aim now invisible and 100% hit rate

Passive
1st passive : additional 7% attack
2nd passive : additional 1% dex increase to all party
3rd passive : change crit rate to crit damage and increase def pene value from 2 to 5
4th passive : additional 3% base attack for all attack

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/42v5xb/chapter_3_preview_part_2/

Gonna spend all my rubies on those storage spaces and the dual skill system. Can't wait for Tuesday!

Beck

The Korean version of Dragon Blaze got an update today with (technically) a monthly subscription model as a pet. 30 rubies + 20 shoes a day for essentially $9 USD.

What do you think the chances we'll get that any time soon in the global version?

Ventara

The Korean version of Dragon Blaze got an update today with (technically) a monthly subscription model as a pet. 30 rubies + 20 shoes a day for essentially $9 USD.

What do you think the chances we'll get that any time soon in the global version?

Not sure, but I might actually buy into this when they do. 900 rubies + 600 shoes for $10 (what I assume the price will be) is a good deal. And apparently you get 200 rubies and 100 shoes for buying it for the first time.

Salamande

I'd totally do that subscription fairy. Seems like a great deal.

I was looking over the list of bodens, trying to plan out who I want to invest in. I think I'll be getting Trigger and Liz, since I already have the others at ult for the Dragon Busters, and save up to get Magritte and Falcon in the second wave. To think at one point I was worried about getting any Incanters or Paladins...got 'em coming out of my ears now.

Looking at Liz's skills, she seems like she'll be a beast in PVP. Doubling the cooldowns on the whole enemy side? Controlling a character for 12 seconds? A mass sheep (well, fox) skill at 80% chance? That sounds terrifying. Can't wait to try her out.

Those are post buff stats -Dracos, Angels and Bodens got updated in Korea recently by a lot.

Since we have old stats for Dracos and Angels we will probably get original Boden skills.

And yeah that pet looks good.

edit: Dark Legion Quarters done - now last almost as bad area. I can only progress there when summoning one of my lvl 80 priest Allies with U gear :(

vato_loco

That subscription sounds tempting, but 9 dollars is not little in my country so I'll have to pass. 1 USD is just about 14 ARS...

I'm still mulling over who I'm gonna summon when the Bodens come. My team could use anyone, although another DPS would do wonders. Liz looks OP as balls, and Kahlen and Magritte are no brainers. Shit, even with the 2 free SSS from today, I'll still be able to make a single Boden. I wanna use all my rubies to summon everything but I also want some more storage room. I've reached level 80 with nothing but two pages of storage and not a single full shared storage page. But auto dungeon gets old quickly that way, so I want some more.

Also it feels a bit like shit to spend an absurd amount of rubies on saving space, only to find that it's only valid for a single Ally.

It's pet for Korean server so it might take a year before we get it

Speaking about Bodens - I've got

Meteor Mage lvl. 80
Magnify Priest lvl. 65
Deathcrown Ultimate
Knight Ari Max+3
Blackaria Max
Dino Tyrant Max+1
Belle Snow Ultimate //it was mistake :)

and on essences
60-70 draco ones
6-7 dark essences
0 boden essences obviously

Got 2 free SSS from today login bonus, 1 more to be converted from SS guys soon, 1 from pre-register bonus and if they add it 3 more from 990 rubies character potion (I'll use it for Tank Warrior)

So my options are:

1. Ari -> Ultimate, Tyrant-> Ultimate -> Draco Deathcrown +Max
2. Ari -> Ultimate -> Kymael //needs spending 400-450 rubies at least to max her, Tyrant ->Ultimate -> DDC //will consume all my spare SS,S guys to max him too
3. Ignore Ari, Tyrant->Ultimate-> Kahleen //600-700 rubies for essences,
4. Something else (I've got another 1 warrior, 1 archer and 1 mage at +max waiting to be deified)

I'm tempted into doing version 1 since it saves me a lot of rubies and DDC would still be huge improvement over Dino a, while keeping Ari till Boden Paladin is released as I only got that one

It'd give me good boost in Labirynth so after that next deity would be DBS for arena and WB.

Beck

It's pet for Korean server so it might take a year before we get it .

Yeah but we got pets waaaay before we should have (in the Korean release schedule, we theoretically should have got them this upcoming May instead of over two months ago).

Also, Storm Bear (Kahlen) is supposed to be the best tank there is, with his ability to taunt enemies with normal attacks, but if you can only afford one Boden in the next couple of months, Ari > Falcon might be better choice overall with DDC serving as the dedicated tank. It depends how active you are in all the modes. Storm Bear would technically serve you better over the next month or two, but as you said, it would take a lot of rubies, so it depends how many you have and project to obtain in the next while.

Beck

yamo

I think i'll go with Draco Brightspark, she seem better all around as you mention. She also rates better on Hydra than Ravengale.

Beck

I think i'll go with Draco Brightspark, she seem better all around as you mention. She also rates better on Hydra than Ravengale.

She's definitely a lot more well rounded, but just so you know, those ratings aren't necessarily for the global version. For example, in the Korean version Brightspark got a significant buff in December whereas Ravengale only got minor adjustments. Though DBS is still great for Hydra.

Whizkid7

Mercedes isn't worth keeping if I already have Shabelle and Blackaria, right?

I've got a warrior already prepped for when Mr. OP Tank is released; think I'll work towards Archer next since that would give me all 3 for an eventual Dragon Buster. Only question is which archer boden to go for.

yamo

She's definitely a lot more well rounded, but just so you know, those ratings aren't necessarily for the global version. For example, in the Korean version Brightspark got a significant buff in December whereas Ravengale only got minor adjustments. Though DBS is still great for Hydra.

Hmm, that is probably true. Maybe just get Ravengale so I can score better now, i'm tired of playing this game trying to optimize for the future. I also rather do well in world bosses than arena or similar, as I don't find it as tedious.

Limit

Heh it looks like we might be getting only Kahlen and Randy next week

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...erçu-de-la-saison-3-de-Dragon-Blaze-3e-Partie

or they will show them in part 4

The trailer for S3 showed 5 bodens; aka the first wave of bodens as it was in korea. Plus on the forums hey are releasing news in parts so other bodens might be in subsequent parts. Silly way to release info like this. But the friday's stream will reveal everything. Not much longer now.

vato_loco

Mercedes isn't worth keeping if I already have Shabelle and Blackaria, right?

I've got a warrior already prepped for when Mr. OP Tank is released; think I'll work towards Archer next since that would give me all 3 for an eventual Dragon Buster. Only question is which archer boden to go for.
Might as well keep her for when Awakened comes, which will not be soon but at least you got her already. If you have the space, of course. Otherwise just fodder her, Blackaria is still the best healer in the entire game.

EDIT: just got another SSS ATK Card. Llywelyn already has one, so I'm guessing between Blackaria, Fryderyk, and Kymael, Kymael gets it?

ugh is this a joke?
arena is full of people flaunting team 3/4 made of septem or quinque draco and anyway all sss...
but... they are like +1 or +4... pretty much no one has a full team of +ult or at least +max..
how do they expect to win against a full sss team with no deity but fully maxed? o_O

ugh is this a joke?
arena is full of people flaunting team 3/4 made of septem or quinque draco and anyway all sss...
but... they are like +1 or +4... pretty much no one has a full team of +ult or at least +max..
how do they expect to win against a full sss team with no deity but fully maxed? o_O

There's matchmaking in arena so it's showing opponents with similar amount of points. Once you are above certain amount you will start seeing people with team of 4 ult deities etc :)

Limit

I am finding myself in way more of a predicament in creating a warrior class post chapter 3 patch than I expected. I was all ready to go through with this but now have been encountering information about how paladin is a better tanker than warrior for lab. He seems like a solid all rounder but I was under the impression that warrior had lab on lock. Was I incorrect in this assumption? Any warrior users here planning on switching to paladin for the purposes of maintaining their supremacy in lab?

I am finding myself in way more of a predicament in creating a warrior class post chapter 3 patch than I expected. I was all ready to go through with this but now have been encountering information about how paladin is a better tanker than warrior for lab. He seems like a solid all rounder but I was under the impression that warrior had lab on lock. Was I incorrect in this assumption? Any warrior users here planning on switching to paladin for the purposes of maintaining their supremacy in lab?
i'm levelling a warrior, i'll get a paladin as well :p
and fill his inventory slooooowly, ever so slowly :)

Ventara

So in preparation for the 6-equipment slot for allies, are you guys gonna be using SSS or U gear. I'm probably just gonna go with 4 SSS and 2 U gear since helmets, boots, gloves and chest piece drops are so rare. Or maybe 4 U and 2 SSS so that I can get all 3 special effects gear.

btw is there an exact date on ch3 release? sometime feb? 1st of feb?
halp!

It's on Tuesday. They'll start the update Monday night (tomorrow) as usual.

Limit

So in preparation for the 6-equipment slot for allies, are you guys gonna be using SSS or U gear. I'm probably just gonna go with 4 SSS and 2 U gear since helmets, boots, gloves and chest piece drops are so rare. Or maybe 4 U and 2 SSS so that I can get all 3 special effects gear.

It's on Tuesday. They'll start the update Monday night (tomorrow) as usual.

U gear farming is way too expensive tickets wise for me to use them on all my allies. I'll just go straight 83 for my allies. Are any of you doing anything crazy with respect to skill points reset? I am gonna go ult meteor and ult mag only as my primaries for mage and priest, respectively. Spend the rest of points in passives. I'll use the second skill tree for more traditional skill distribution for these characters.

Uthred

U gear farming is way too expensive tickets wise for me to use them on all my allies. I'll just go straight 83 for my allies. Are any of you doing anything crazy with respect to skill points reset? I am gonna go ult meteor and ult mag only as my primaries for mage and priest, respectively. Spend the rest of points in passives. I'll use the second skill tree for more traditional skill distribution for these characters.

Probably gonna drop the two +crit passives down a bit on my rogue to hit 12 on the life drain passive. Though honestly these days I prefer using my Warrior as my main over my Rogue. Looking forward to Paladin.

Manatox

Anyone knows how U gear is handled in season 3? I'm wondering if it's worth it farming U gear until season 3 hits or to just to go for s3 equipment.

uhm..
again i've hit a wall..
main char warrior 68 (flled with 64 sss gear, with +max)
punisher gar + max (decked in full deus deathcrown + max)
eirdan +max (decked with deus deathcrown+max and main//offhand 64 sss +max)
mar + max (decked with deus deathcrown+max and main//offhand 64 sss +max)
dyno + max (decked with desu deathcrown sss+max weapon and lvl 64 sss +max armor and shield)

apparenttly Blackridge Cliffs first red stage is kicking my ass...
advice?

vato_loco

I could use some advice as well.

Mage 80 with Fryd MAX, Llywelyn MAX, Aria MAX+2 and Kymael ULT and I can't finish goddamn Chapter 2 Hero. They all have at least 2 lvl70 Rag equipment which gives them HP bonus and I still get my ass kicked on the last part. Meaning that there's no way I'll get far in Legend and Myth. What the hell am I doing so wrong?!

uhm..
again i've hit a wall..
main char warrior 68 (flled with 64 sss gear, with +max)
punisher gar + max (decked in full deus deathcrown + max)
eirdan +max (decked with deus deathcrown+max and main//offhand 64 sss +max)
mar + max (decked with deus deathcrown+max and main//offhand 64 sss +max)
dyno + max (decked with desu deathcrown sss+max weapon and lvl 64 sss +max armor and shield)

apparenttly Blackridge Cliffs first red stage is kicking my ass...
advice?

Isn't this zero progression since last time in terms of +Max allies ? At least some of them should be above +Max now

Also you can just grind till you are few levels higher and overcome problems due to stats boost from leveling.

Just accumulate crapload of shoes in mailbox - start exp booster on Friday evening and let the game run on auto grinding preferably maximizing +50/70% Exp period of day .

On the good news:

It looks like SSS will be much easier to obtain in ch3 since we will be getting 300 ruby allies package - 9 random and one certain SS - so with platinum summons it will be:

summon premium ally for 24 rubies discounted price till we get 3A and 3S rewards then 3 super packages to get bonus SSS.

So depending on luck for 900+x*24 rubies
1 certain SSS (2 if done on 1+1 period)
4 certain SS (5 on 1+1)
1 certain S (2 on 1+1)
27+x random pulls (x= pulls done to maximize 3xA and 3xS rewards)

Isn't this zero progression since last time in terms of +Max allies ? At least some of them should be above +Max now

Also you can just grind till you are few levels higher and overcome problems due to stats boost from leveling.

Just accumulate crapload of shoes in mailbox - start exp booster on Friday evening and let the game run on auto grinding preferably maximizing +50/70% Exp period of day .
Yeah..
Unfortunately the goddess of fusion hates me..
Yesterday i reached SS bonus fusion to 35ish.. And managed to fail 3 ss+S fusion in a row..
I was like "kidding me much?"
Plus i joined blaze on the 1st of jan so i could not achieve the 28 daily login in jan..
But i sure as hell will in feb :)
Dem sweet 3sss will bring me closer..
Plus today it's maintena c'è and i'm at the customer site till 19..
Which wouldn't be a problem.. If only th customer is abroad (so data on my ipad won't work) and the wifi in the office prevents is really strict (LOT of european wide energy transaction data, so the network is quite tight in regards of unknown hosts..).
I can only burn shoes early morning before going to acer, early evening (8) before going for dinner, midnight before going to sleep...
Le qq...

RedZone

Neo Member
Anyone knows how U gear is handled in season 3? I'm wondering if it's worth it farming U gear until season 3 hits or to just to go for s3 equipment.

U gear is comparable to this first raid so most ppl just skip it and wait till the next update to farm chp 3

Ventara

Full patch notes:

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...ter-3-Patch-Notes-2-1-PST&p=883054#post883054

I wish I had that in Ch2 myth mode:

Revive Scrolls: Revives with 15% HP and invincibility for 2 seconds.

Man, I am so hyped for this update. Might even stay up so that I can play it right after the update finishes.

Edit: And i guess this confirms the potion is in.

Jar of Growth
> Special Jar of Growth (Limit 1 per account)
6-piece Equipment Set
SSS Class Ticket x3
Automatic Level 80 + Chapter 1/2 Cleared

Top Bottom