• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

RedZone

Neo Member
That's where i was a week ago. I didn't even log in for like 5 days. Then all of a sudden i had the urge to play again lol

lol before chp 3 i also just logged in and burned enough to get like 10%in the events, but now with the new bodens making bear made me actually want to play. especially lab since i never bothered to rank more than 10/20% recently haha

Your mind is not playing tricks on you, but damn... that was a LONG time ago. I think I quit right around the very first time Zeus came. So it was like probably 4 years ago?
I lasted One year more :/
I was One of the main offender on that topic as well..
When i was able to pretty much zero egg most content. (Save gimmick fight) with double kirin and double One True God i realized that the game had little more to offer :/

After weeks of preparations I went on deify frenzy over weekend and made myself DDC (from Black Dino Tyrant) and Gaela (from Deathcrown). I went down to 100k gold and 0 S fodder which stopped me getting Storm Bear also as I had 3k rubies in reserve and 2 more SSS fodders :D

Total ruby cost 360 for dark essences.

I also kept Ari instead of making Kymael since that's my one and only Paladin so far so I'm ready for second wave of Bodens.

Here's my score with 3 +max deities and only 4 pieces of U-gear (2 on mage, 2 on Gaela) on manual run in Lab:

kshftx4.jpg

Pejo

Lately I've been back with this game in a big way, I had amassed about 5000 shoes/tickets from doing logins for a few months and some smaller event stuff, so I burned through nearly all of it, and 6000 friends points using the auto-enhance dragon pet. I absolutely love Paladin, so my rogue is pretty much finished at this point. I'm also done trying to level each class, it was just too much grind.

Are the busters already out? I have all 3 ascended rogues now, still need to max them out, but I'm nearly ready for that bad boy. My team is far from optimal, with all the new allies added, but I'm running pretty much a full Draco team still, and they're doing ok for me. I don't really care about being top in any particular thing, just as long as I have a somewhat steady ruby income.

Also, is there anyone left in the GAF guild that still plays? I saw one guy on one night out of the past 10 or so, but he wouldn't respond to my guild battle invitations.

RedZone

Neo Member
Lately I've been back with this game in a big way, I had amassed about 5000 shoes/tickets from doing logins for a few months and some smaller event stuff, so I burned through nearly all of it, and 6000 friends points using the auto-enhance dragon pet. I absolutely love Paladin, so my rogue is pretty much finished at this point. I'm also done trying to level each class, it was just too much grind.

Are the busters already out? I have all 3 ascended rogues now, still need to max them out, but I'm nearly ready for that bad boy. My team is far from optimal, with all the new allies added, but I'm running pretty much a full Draco team still, and they're doing ok for me. I don't really care about being top in any particular thing, just as long as I have a somewhat steady ruby income.

Also, is there anyone left in the GAF guild that still plays? I saw one guy on one night out of the past 10 or so, but he wouldn't respond to my guild battle invitations.

busters wont be out for 2 months, the next update will be the 2nd wave of bodens

Crzy1

Paladin is really cheap..
War. + team 34-36..41 if i play...
Pala + team 49..... Auto...
Ok................

I auto'd to 80 in lab the other day after making Gaela. Didn't expect her to have such a profound impact, but I guess her along with the DBA/Kymael resurrection-circle-jerk and a lot of U equipment made it possible. Still only got like top 9% with 2.5 million, though. Really interested to see what I can do with Storm Bear once I get him enhanced/geared. I put a U pain alleviation (-17% incoming damage) on him, so even as he is he's hard to kill, but I'm sure he'd get annihilated past round 50 currently. My paladin needs a lot of work, but I may try him out later to see how well I can do with him.

I auto'd to 80 in lab the other day after making Gaela. Didn't expect her to have such a profound impact, but I guess her along with the DBA/Kymael resurrection-circle-jerk and a lot of U equipment made it possible. Still only got like top 9% with 2.5 million, though. Really interested to see what I can do with Storm Bear once I get him enhanced/geared. I put a U pain alleviation (-17% incoming damage) on him, so even as he is he's hard to kill, but I'm sure he'd get annihilated past round 50 currently. My paladin needs a lot of work, but I may try him out later to see how well I can do with him.

I think the best card for Storm Bear might be Attack Speed. He's already hard to kill as is, I think you want to gear him to put out as much damage as possible. Attack Speed helps with that, but even more importantly it lets his auto attack (taunt) happen more often.

Pejo

busters wont be out for 2 months, the next update will be the 2nd wave of bodens

Cool thanks, that gives me plenty of time to ultimate them, and probably even make my Boden summoner when she comes out. I'm finding myself getting destroyed in Arena by people with that Angel Paladin. That group res is seriously overpowered.

Does anyone have a comparison between the deity Belle Snow (the one that comes out later) and the Boden Summoner? I am pretty sure Boden Summoner can summon any of the deities, but what does God-tier Belle Snow do? Is it worth it to save her?

Cool thanks, that gives me plenty of time to ultimate them, and probably even make my Boden summoner when she comes out. I'm finding myself getting destroyed in Arena by people with that Angel Paladin. That group res is seriously overpowered.

Does anyone have a comparison between the deity Belle Snow (the one that comes out later) and the Boden Summoner? I am pretty sure Boden Summoner can summon any of the deities, but what does God-tier Belle Snow do? Is it worth it to save her?

It's worth it to use her now. She's still one of the best allies on Golem. But when Magritte comes out, yea deify her immediately.

Crzy1

She does a good job keeping an extra unit in the fight and can pull any of the non-deity SSS units. On top of that she has a small damage buff and a crit rating passive that can help out as well, but the fact that she can pull hard-hitting units or units that can further buff your team makes her really good, if not a little unreliable. Not sure if their stats are based on hers or just set.

Haven't used her since I made Ravengale, though, not really any comparison, her buff is better and Izarc is a monster. Magritte will be able to pull any of the deity units into a fight and their main stats are buffed based on her int. So if she pulls out Gaela, that Gaela will will have strength added to her base strength equal to Magritte's int. Not sure if their enhance level will be the same as hers, though. I intend my Belle Snow to be used as the unit I deify to Magritte, also.

Edit: Kymael (the septim paladin) is such an awesome utility unit, I'd put her up with DBA in terms of usefulness right now. Shame that Falcon is probably the single best unit in the game and is going to take the spotlight when he releases.

I think the best card for Storm Bear might be Attack Speed. He's already hard to kill as is, I think you want to gear him to put out as much damage as possible. Attack Speed helps with that, but even more importantly it lets his auto attack (taunt) happen more often.

Maybe, but I want him to be even harder to kill, probably not even going to add any strength gems to him and just go full-on stamina. Saw him with 400k health, want to try to get there or higher, fairly sure I can stack enough acc to keep him from missing every swing.

Looking for a +Str helm for Gaela to complete her U set, just pulled 2 dex, combined them and got another dex. Guess she'll be wearing that until I can get a proper one for her, that 4 piece set bonus is delicious, 350% crit damage is nice.

Officially in the deity club..
I might manage a second One on thursday IF i manage to get at least 2m gold by then..
On a side note, deify+max enh was 39 essence..
My ruby cache is bleeding

More Questions
Black aria card is attack speed?
Chocolate: get cards or roll units? Have around 30 red and 100 of the other two type..

RedZone

Neo Member
I might manage a second One on thursday IF i manage to get at least 2m gold by then..

More Questions
Chocolate: get cards or roll units? Have around 30 red and 100 of the other two type..

well if you enhance while the fail rate bonus was up it would have been slightly less.
and blackaria i dont know what the best card is, i just stuffed stam so she would stay alive longer to keep healing

for the event chocolate i just pull units, the sss cards you can pull but the rest arent worth the time, better to just maximize fodder use on the weekend fail rate buff

Crzy1

I pulled a bunch of cards. Combined them up and ended up with 2 SSS (both crap) and a decent SS attack card after it was all said and done. If I can ever motivate myself to farm more cards in dailies I'll probably be able to get another U card this week because of it.

vato_loco

I went nuts this weekend with the game. Farmed Ragnarok for Deus tickets and every time I spent a ticket, I'd spend the 20 rubies to get the extra equipment. Almost all of my team is Deus SSS, except for Kymael, whom I want to get full U.

And it absolutely shows. My team managed to get me from Arena 20% to Arena 5%. Also I'm somewhere around 9% in Lab, I can reach level 75 with ease, it's amazing. Feels like I'm finally catching up.

So now that I have a team of 5 deify, how should I be swapping them? Team is Paladin and

Aria MAX+4,
Kymael ULT,
Fryd MAX,
Llywelyn MAX,
Storm Bear MAX.

- In Arena, I've seen a lot of people use Kymael as Helper instead of main. Makes sense, since she will have more chances to revive everyone.
- In Lab, I swapped Llywelyn and placed Storm Bear in her place. Thoughts?
- In Golem, should I just drop Blackaria and just go with all attack? When he rages he kicks my ass anyway, so...
- In Hydra, Storm Bear should be helper and keep the team as AoE as possible?

More Questions

S and SS ones I'm just buying tickets

Not sure about SSS ones but they will probably end up as tickets too :)

I went nuts this weekend with the game. Farmed Ragnarok for Deus tickets and every time I spent a ticket, I'd spend the 20 rubies to get the extra equipment. Almost all of my team is Deus SSS, except for Kymael, whom I want to get full U.

How many runs did you do? If you did 62 runs or more, you would have actually SAVED rubies by buying the auto raid pet so you could get the box for 16 rubies instead of 20 rubies.

vato_loco

How many runs did you do? If you did 62 runs or more, you would have actually SAVED rubies by buying the auto raid pet so you could get the box for 16 rubies instead of 20 rubies.

Didn't even remember it gave a 20% discount. But no, I was nowhere near that number.

It was the first time I ever had around 3k rubies (I did the pot with every character type) so I felt like spending them, that's why I did that. It turned out very well though. I still have 1k rubies for getting more SSS and ULT'ing more guys or just wait for the second wave of bodens.

sensui-tomo

so i havent played this since the second diefy group was released ... or whenever season 2 started. I noticed they added equipment to the SSS units and pali was released, i probably need a guide to see whats changed.

PepperedHam

Just got into this the other day and I'm really enjoying it. I'm not sure how invested I'll get but for now as a quick distraction before I doze off this is great. Been hearing some stuff about Seven Knights too and how it's somewhat similar, any opinions on here which would be the better one to focus solely on? The art style of this appeals to me far more, just wondering which one is more popular with updates/events/etc.

Man farming for gear like a madman over the past 2 weeks has paid off. I just got 45 million on Golem, more than double my score from last week. And I still have tons of room for improvement.

* None of my skills are limit broken
* I have almost no SSS gems
* Still 2 or 3 pieces of gear not upgraded
* Llywelyn is using a SSS weapon instead of a U weapon

Sitting at rank 11 right now, with 9 more chances to improve my score. I'm going to hold off for now until I farm some more gear so I can do some more upgrades (see point #3 above), if I can +MAX all my gear I might be able to squeeze out an extra few million and hopefully get up into the top 10.

I usually don't even break 1%, so this is pretty huge for me.

I broke top 15% arena last week..
I was like..ok??
Now working on heavy ragna/deus farming to get dat sweet u gear..
After that back to my peon slaving..
I think i'll run laby all day long tomorrow to get gold, so most likely i'll buy some ticket from rubies :x
Did like 160 ragna run today, so in 20 i'll switch to deus ragn ..
Wish me u gear non dupe and with decent stats

I broke top 15% arena last week..
I was like..ok??
Now working on heavy ragna/deus farming to get dat sweet u gear..
After that back to my peon slaving..
I think i'll run laby all day long tomorrow to get gold, so most likely i'll buy some ticket from rubies :x
Did like 160 ragna run today, so in 20 i'll switch to deus ragn ..
Wish me u gear non dupe and with decent stats

The worst thing about farming U gear is all the 2-piece set gear you get. Storm Bow, Light Bible, Bloodstained Blade, all that stuff is shit. If it's not called "Deus Ragnarok ______" it's trash IMO. So that rules out probably 60% of the gear you get. Then you need to get a good stat combination. All weapons need at least 2/3 of Crit Rate, Crit Dmg, Def. Pen, but I find about 25% have 1 or 0 of those stats. So those are trash. And then if you're unlucky even if you get a good roll on the stats, you can get a shit additional effect. Oh, decreases enemy heal amount? Yay! NOT. Luckily you can combine U gear to get new U gear, so anything called Deus Ragnarok ______, hold onto it if it's not good so if you get another one that's also not good, you can combine them.

You jinx ed it..
Got LOT of this not really deus stuff...

Oh well...
On the other end i broke well over 1m in auto for the first time..
Dat feel when you're on the right track..
Almost like when i 0 stoned hera for the first time in pad for the first time with a crap team :x

I think i'll need to run a LOT of lab tomorrow to pay for my next deify :x
Stormbear to further increase lab scores or someone (bloodwind? Hellhawk? Brightspark? Whooo) to increase my wb scores..
Dem choices..

Limit

Man farming for gear like a madman over the past 2 weeks has paid off. I just got 45 million on Golem, more than double my score from last week. And I still have tons of room for improvement.

Sitting at rank 11 right now, with 9 more chances to improve my score. I'm going to hold off for now until I farm some more gear so I can do some more upgrades (see point #3 above), if I can +MAX all my gear I might be able to squeeze out an extra few million and hopefully get up into the top 10.

What was your team for golem?

I think i'll need to run a LOT of lab tomorrow to pay for my next deify :x
Stormbear to further increase lab scores or someone (bloodwind? Hellhawk? Brightspark? Whooo) to increase my wb scores..
Dem choices..

Lab imho - take a look at additional rewards in Lab they are score/floor dependant and in Golem/Hydra they are based on participation and 1M points.

Plus gold in WB is capped at 30k per run and uncapped in lab.

BTW can someone tell me does paladin require manual handling or will he do great on auto casting too ?

RedZone

Neo Member
Lab imho - take a look at additional rewards in Lab they are score/floor dependant and in Golem/Hydra they are based on participation and 1M points.

BTW can someone tell me does paladin require manual handling or will he do great on auto casting too ?

generally i say lab since now floors 60 and even 80 arent as hard to clear now, the SS you get weekly are better than the 30 rubies you would get from 1 rank up from WB

also paladin is fine on auto, maybe you would save his stun for new floors on lab but otherwise not much of a difference i think

Just got into this the other day and I'm really enjoying it. I'm not sure how invested I'll get but for now as a quick distraction before I doze off this is great. Been hearing some stuff about Seven Knights too and how it's somewhat similar, any opinions on here which would be the better one to focus solely on? The art style of this appeals to me far more, just wondering which one is more popular with updates/events/etc.

7K is a good mobile game. Both almost share the same game style except one uses highly stylized polygons and the other highly detailed hand drawn art. I also played both for awhile and dropped 7K because I don't have time to play 2 if these type of games.

Paladins AI does not switch from atk/def stance on auto. If you have a Kymael and she pops her paladin shield and your paladin also has his shield ready, he would pop his also(vice versa), overwriting one another instead of waiting for one shield to finish and throwing up another one. Other than that specific problem I don't see anything wrong with paladin AI.

Up until 50 with my poor team ai managed with my paladin in auto..
Beyond that i have to play, so Depends on your team..
But for the life of me, i've NEVER seen ai switch stance with paladin so meh..
Today i've broken the 10% arena, sitting on 8,98..
Might go for a final push to get to 5%.... *_*
Lab sitting still at 20,something :/

Up until 50 with my poor team ai managed with my paladin in auto..
Beyond that i have to play, so Depends on your team..
But for the life of me, i've NEVER seen ai switch stance with paladin so meh..
Today i've broken the 10% arena, sitting on 8,98..
Might go for a final push to get to 5%.... *_*
Lab sitting still at 20,something :/

5% might be out of range with Paladin and only two deities plus non ulti SSS. You need to score 2900-3000 points for it. Plus it resets on Monday so people still have plenty of time to rank.

Yep in fact i'm currently burning 500tx @ragn and then deus to get better gear :)
On a side note i have yet to decide which new deity get after blackaria..
I can deify 2..
Storm bear (lab) and bloodwind (wb)?
Storm bear (lab) and brightspark (all around)?
2 different deities?
Choices choices :x
Consider that i have a full deus u gearset unused, deus u bow,quiver,2*daggers

RedZone

Neo Member
Yep in fact i'm currently burning 500tx @ragn and then deus to get better gear :)
On a side note i have yet to decide which new deity get after blackaria..
I can deify 2..
Storm bear (lab) and bloodwind (wb)?
Storm bear (lab) and brightspark (all around)?
2 different deities?
Choices choices :x
Consider that i have a full deus u gearset unused, deus u bow,quiver,2*daggers

lab would help you get more SSS faster, clearing floors 60 and 80 give you 1 free SS a week. with storm bear maxed should be able to get you past 60 if you dont already, while 1 rank up in wb only nets you like 20-30 ruby and a few silver coins

ChrisG683

cpp_is_king said:
Paldin, Hawk, DBW, Llywelyn, Raven, Helper DBA.

I can't believe there's such an ungodly score gap between us, despite my lineup being at least somewhat comparable.

I didn't try my Pally (I feel dumb now) but with:

• Magni Priest auto-attack build(137 aspd, U gear aspd buff, 5k ATK, 68% crit, 150% crit dmg)
  • Llywelyn +ULTIMATE + Max Skill + SSS Boss Card (2x Deus SSS)
  • Draco Brightspark +ULTIMATE + Max Skill + U Base Atk Card (2x Deus uniques)
  • Draco Bloodwind +ULTIMATE + Max Skill + SSS Boss Card (2x Deus U, 2x Deus SSS)
  • Ravengale +ULTIMATE + S Atk Speed Card (gears are kinda junky)
  • Draco Blackaria +ULTIMATE + Max Skill (162 aspd, U gear aspd buff, 2x Deus U)
  • Fire all at once formation lv 30

I only managed to get 17 mil. I can't seem to convince myself that some more deus pieces and improving my S/SS gems to SSS would double my score. I'm slotted for DPS gems, though I do wonder if STA gems would keep me alive longer to hit more.

The same goes for Hydra, last week I was at 71 mil, whereas the top ranks were insanely high.

I have got to be doing something wrong... and if I figure out what it is I'm gonna be real sad that I could have been doing so much better all this time.

I can't believe there's such an ungodly score gap between us, despite my lineup being at least somewhat comparable.

I didn't try my Pally (I feel dumb now) but with:

• Magni Priest auto-attack build(137 aspd, U gear aspd buff, 5k ATK, 68% crit, 150% crit dmg)
  • Llywelyn +ULTIMATE + Max Skill + SSS Boss Card (2x Deus SSS)
  • Draco Brightspark +ULTIMATE + Max Skill + U Base Atk Card (2x Deus uniques)
  • Draco Bloodwind +ULTIMATE + Max Skill + SSS Boss Card (2x Deus U, 2x Deus SSS)
  • Ravengale +ULTIMATE + S Atk Speed Card (gears are kinda junky)
  • Draco Blackaria +ULTIMATE + Max Skill (162 aspd, U gear aspd buff, 2x Deus U)
  • Fire all at once formation lv 30

I only managed to get 17 mil. I can't seem to convince myself that some more deus pieces and improving my S/SS gems to SSS would double my score. I'm slotted for DPS gems, though I do wonder if STA gems would keep me alive longer to hit more.

The same goes for Hydra, last week I was at 71 mil, whereas the top ranks were insanely high.

I have got to be doing something wrong... and if I figure out what it is I'm gonna be real sad that I could have been doing so much better all this time.

1) Paladin makes a bigger difference than you think
2) Your gear really isn't that good. 4 U + 2 Dark makes a HUGE difference.
3) Hellhawk is at least an order of magnitude better than DBS

Last week I looked very much like you in terms of gear, even used priest too, and i was at 22 million. Almost all my guys now have >40% crit rate with >350% crit damage. It's a very big factor.

You can get paladin easily, just do the potion if you haven't already. Go for a fully offensive build. For the rest you will need to farm the shit out of gear, I probably ran Deus Rag 200 times just over the past week to get all that gear.

1) Paladin makes a bigger difference than you think
2) Your gear really isn't that good. 4 U + 2 Dark makes a HUGE difference.
3) Hellhawk is at least an order of magnitude better than DBS

Last week I looked very much like you in terms of gear, even used priest too, and i was at 22 million. Almost all my guys now have >40% crit rate with >350% crit damage. It's a very big factor.

You can get paladin easily, just do the potion if you haven't already. Go for a fully offensive build. For the rest you will need to farm the shit out of gear, I probably ran Deus Rag 200 times just over the past week to get all that gear.

cpp, then dark gear (deus ragn) is better than ragn gear?
Don't tell me that as I will go into a slitwrit spree.. ;_;

cpp, then dark gear (deus ragn) is better than ragn gear?
Don't tell me that as I will go into a slitwrit spree.. ;_;

1 piece of dark is not better than 1 piece of u, but the 2 piece bonus from dark is better than the 6 piece bonus from u.

I do see some top scorers using 6 u but for the most part people do 4+2

Whizkid7

I feel like I'm finally catching up now. With the reduced leveling requirements, I've been on a spree and made it all the way to 81 last night. Couple that with breaking past 50 in Lab (thank you, Stormbear) and blowing holes in my previous Golem/Hydra scores (thank you Trigger!) I'm enjoying this game more than I have in a while.

Of course the grind for gear may dampen that somewhat, but for now I'm eager to maximize my playtime. Next steps I think should be to ULT Trigger so I can have all the allies I need for a dragon buster.

Takuan

Is the approach to maxing out deity units the same as others (start with 10% chance, then move to 25% after +2 or +3)? I have a surplus of SS units that to throw at them just to make the process easier, but I'm pretty sure that's not the thing to do. Main reason I haven't been combining SS is because I just don't have the feeders for it.

Is the approach to maxing out deity units the same as others (start with 10% chance, then move to 25% after +2 or +3)? I have a surplus of SS units that to throw at them just to make the process easier, but I'm pretty sure that's not the thing to do. Main reason I haven't been combining SS is because I just don't have the feeders for it.

The days of the slow skillups are over IMO. I'm getting like 4 SS a week now (2 from Lab, 2 from combines). Use those SS on deities IMO. I use S until they get to +4 and then I use SS for +5 to max

Top Bottom