• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Beck

Wow, tonight I had the best luck ever. 11 Ancient Essence and 3 SSS earrings for 200 shoes. Considering I went through 700 shoes over the last two weeks and only got 5 Essence, I guess it evened out.

I still barely got any Valentine drops.

Is warrior class currently obsolete untill Dragon Busters are released ?

Storm Bear is perfect tank for other character classes
Paladin/Priest has better party buffs for WB
Mage/Paladin own PvP

Is there any niche when they remain viable ?

vato_loco

After countless tickets and a fair amount of rubies, I finally have most of my people with 4U+2SSS gear. The only one that hangs with 6SSS is Storm Bear because I can't get U gear with good enough stats to warrant the replacement.

This is NOT a fun thing to do. But reaping the rewards is goddamn awesome. Another solid Top 5% in Arena, reaching level 80 in Lab is not impossible anymore, Hydra will suffer my wrath tomorrow (Golem still makes sweet, sweet love to me) and overall I have a steady income of rubies which I will use to ULT my entire team before the next wave of Bodens.

Still, the boredom is real. It's been months of logging in every single day.

I need a bit of advice:

My current team:

Mage meteor/sheep
Bear Max
Gaela Ult
BlackAria Max
DDC Max

Belle Snow Ult
Knight Ari Ult (ready for Falcon :) )

And formations
Noble Chivalry lvl 30
Inc. Concentration lvl 29

so I'm running

For Arena/Lab
Bear+DDC+Gaela+Aria+mage

And for WB
Bear+Belle+Gaela+Aria+mage

For the moment I'm scoring
WB - 13-15%
Arena - comfortable 2-3%
Lab - 200-300 k points from top 1% today

So i'm trying to decide what would be more beneficial
- Aria to Ultimate (she normally dies first in lab so it should help a bit there, plus I'd be able to upgrade ressurection skill to reduce cooldown, and faster healing could mean few extra seconds at WB)
- Bear to Ultimate (not sure if it makes sense as he has rather pathetic attack and tends to die last anyway )
- ascend fodder mage to Draco Brightspark to replace Belle in WB formations zero benefit for lab initially)

Ventara

- Bear to Ultimate (not sure if it makes sense as he has rather pathetic attack and tends to die last anyway )

I'd go for this. Would make him even harder to die so that you can use revive scrolls. You also have a Ult Gaela and a Max DDC, so it would set you up nicely for the warrior buster.

I don't think raising Blackaria will help as much as you think. She'll still die easily. Getting a D. Brightspark will help you in Hydra and is a great unit overall, but I'd personally focus on being ready for the warrior buster first.

srusli

How many of you are FTP players ? or mostly are PTP players ? I am a FTP player and no where close on the level of allies that you guys are discussing.

My allies currently are as follows:

Knight Tiel MAX +4
Mercedes MAX
King Gram MAX
Gaela +7

Still having difficulties in clearing chapter 3.... my plan is to deify knight tiel to drunken falcon once available and both mercedes and gram to the awakened version once available.

Any other options ? Thanks

Well, shit. I didn't get Labyrinth done because I always save it until the last minute, and now the update is delayed. So I'm fucked. Fucked out of 2 SS, 150ish rubies, lots of gold, and a ton of A and S allies :(

Ventara

How many of you are FTP players ? or mostly are PTP players ? I am a FTP player and no where close on the level of allies that you guys are discussing.

Knight Tiel MAX +4
Mercedes MAX
King Gram MAX
Gaela +7

Still having difficulties in clearing chapter 3.... my plan is to deify knight tiel to drunken falcon once available and both mercedes and gram to the awakened version once available.

If you've been playing for a few months, it's pretty easy to get a bunch of defied units. They give a bunch of SSS for free every month, in addition to the ones you make.

Anyways, saving Tiel for Falcon is a good idea, but I wouldn't wait for the Awakened units for Gram and Mercedes. Not sure what character you play, but if it's a DPS, I'd make Kahlen and Blackaria.

Well, shit. I didn't get Labyrinth done because I always save it until the last minute, and now the update is delayed. So I'm fucked. Fucked out of 2 SS, 150ish rubies, lots of gold, and a ton of A and S allies :(

Same, lol. I also needed to do the dailies.

Grzi

With the difficulties being combined, is it still worth it to do the whole potion stuff in order to get tons of rubies? I managed to do it with two characters, but I'm not sure if I should go on with buying character slots and 500 ruby potions. Have the Raid rewards been adjusted? I have cca 2600 rubies now, will I gain something by doing raids with other characters or should I just play with my original character?

vato_loco

With the difficulties being combined, is it still worth it to do the whole potion stuff in order to get tons of rubies? I managed to do it with two characters, but I'm not sure if I should go on with buying character slots and 500 ruby potions. Have the Raid rewards been adjusted? I have cca 2600 rubies now, will I gain something by doing raids with other characters or should I just play with my original character?

It was massively worth it for me, mainly because I had never done any raiding with anyone other than my Mage, so I could do it with every single other type and get all the rewards. I think I got about 4k rubies by the end. Considering I started with 990 and ended up with a massive Pally and 4k extra rubies, I'd say it was very worth it.

Grzi

It was massively worth it for me, mainly because I had never done any raiding with anyone other than my Mage, so I could do it with every single other type and get all the rewards. I think I got about 4k rubies by the end. Considering I started with 990 and ended up with a massive Pally and 4k extra rubies, I'd say it was very worth it.

I know, but with the combined difficulties, are the rewards the same?
Or is there less to gain?

vato_loco

I know, but with the combined difficulties, are the rewards the same?
Or is there less to gain?
What do you mean, combined difficulties?

*checks game*

What the balls?!

*checks Gamevil forum*

Regarding Achievements and Titles
If you have already cleared and received rewards for Raids in any difficulty mode, you will receive any remaining ruby rewards you would have received prior to the combining of difficulty modes.

If you have NOT cleared and received rewards for a raid in any difficulty, there will be a new Achievement for clearing which will reward you the FULL amount you would have received with each difficulty mode.

Titles will be based on whether the Achievement was cleared on Normal mode. If you have not cleared on Normal mode, there will be a new Achievement for you to clear (clear Deus Ragnarok).

In addition, there will a brand new title Achievement for Season 1 and Season 2 after the combine, and the previous titles will no longer be attainable. If you have already received all titles for Season 1 and Season 2, you will automatically receive the new titles.

LuuKyK

Wtf @ no more different difficulties. At least that gave me a bunch of rubies I guess.

I am so confused. Whats the best way to level up now?

RedZone

Neo Member
Wtf @ no more different difficulties. At least that gave me a bunch of rubies I guess.

I am so confused. Whats the best way to level up now?

same as before, progress as far as you can and camp at a boss level for the essence drops, this just makes getting to the high level raids easier as there is only 1 map to clear vs 4

Knight Tiel MAX +4
Mercedes MAX
King Gram MAX
Gaela +7

Mine are 3 months of playing plus 3x3$ smart package :)

You can get tons of stuff just for logging into this game each day

1 free SSS from GM events each month
3 free SSS from Attendance
6 free essences each month
tons of other stuff

and sometimes they run additional events granting free stuff

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I seriously dont know who to give it to. Llywelyn(already have a SSS Increase attack card) ? Ravengale?

75U3B11.jpg

Uthred

New upgrade interface is shit, dont tell me that "Enhanced rate, etc will be calculated automatically" just show me my cumulative chance. Being able to select multiple units is nice though.

I may have over-stated my dislike for it, but that entirely redundant text taking the place of actually useful information irritates me (to an undue degree clearly ;) )

To be fair, it's not easy to accurately compute the "real" cumulative probability, and if they did actually compute it, people would be confused about what it means and how it's computed. So they opted to just say "don't worry, your enhance fail bonus will go up with each failure just like it does if you do it manually"

Uthred

To be fair, it's not easy to accurately compute the "real" cumulative probability, and if they did actually compute it, people would be confused about what it means and how it's computed. So they opted to just say "don't worry, your enhance fail bonus will go up with each failure just like it does if you do it manually"

It's not that hard and I dont think people would be confused or particularly care how it was computed if it said "Chance to upgrade: xx%" as opposed to "Hey this works just like its always worked, theres no indication it wouldnt but we felt the need to waste screenspace reassuring you". Ultimately its fairly minor of course.

Plus people who don't understand statistics would be cursing why game showed 99% chance and they still failed ;)

Whizkid7

What do you mean, combined difficulties?

*checks game*

What the balls?!

*checks Gamevil forum*

I was wondering why I suddenly had 1300 rubies. Good excuse to finally buy that 990 pot, though. It seems like they don't have acheivements for all the raid bosses in S1 and S2 anymore, though? I only got rubies from Storm Tyrant and Komodo Fairy, for example.

I was wondering why I suddenly had 1300 rubies. Good excuse to finally buy that 990 pot, though. It seems like they don't have acheivements for all the raid bosses in S1 and S2 anymore, though? I only got rubies from Storm Tyrant and Komodo Fairy, for example.

But the reward now is 4x higher :) (rewards are combined just like difficulties so total is same).

Plus they give tons of gold for completing story. I'm now pushing my archer through the new ch2 and already got like 700-800k gold.

But the reward now is 4x higher :) (rewards are combined just like difficulties so total is same).

Plus they give tons of gold for completing story. I'm now pushing my archer through the new ch2 and already got like 700-800k gold.

So is it better to get the 500 potion and just do the raids for rubies, or actually run shoes through all of chapter 1 and 2 with a new character? The latter saves 500 rubies, but I was hesitant to do it because it's still a ton of shoes to get through chapter 1 and 2

RedZone

Neo Member
So is it better to get the 500 potion and just do the raids for rubies, or actually run shoes through all of chapter 1 and 2 with a new character? The latter saves 500 rubies, but I was hesitant to do it because it's still a ton of shoes to get through chapter 1 and 2

you can probably clear all of chp 1/2 with roughly 500ish shoes so that would be like 200-240 rubies, not sure how many shoes it takes to get from level 1->80 though.

it is significantly faster now though so it might be worth it just for all the gold and random allies/essence/sss fodder you will get along the way

Ventara

Is Paladin the new meta for Hydra? Most of the top ranked guys seem to be Paladins.

Also, what the best skillset for a priest for Hydra? The same as Golem (0/11/0, 12/10/11/0) or ???

Definitely run shoes- only negative is time since it will take few hours. Preferably with auto-salvage pet active and obviously exp booster.

It's around 100 stages for each chapter so it's doable with 500 shoes (I had lvl 33 archer with normal ch1 finished so I can't estimate what lvl you get after beating ch1 naturally)

But positives are huge (if you are poor mostly F2P player like me):
- it saves rubies (200-300 less compared to potion)
- gold rewards for story progression in ch2 are 25-55k each
- all the usual loot (I got 1 draco essence, 1 or 2 A allies + some B/C, plus bit of gems and gold)

PepperedHam

Okay so I'm fairly new to this game, been playing it off and on for about two weeks or so and am feeling kind of overwhelmed by the amount of allies I have. I have a pretty fair amount of allies between S and SSS. As well as a bunch of As and some Bs. I'm not sure what I should be doing with them as my priority. Should I be focusing on getting the rapport to 100 on all of the allies between S and SSS? Or focus on getting rapport up and enhancing the As and S-SS units so I can slowly turn them into higher ranked units? If I wasn't being bombarded with units through the login rewards I wouldn't be feeling so overwhelmed, not that I'm complaining, being given these guys seems like a cool thing so far, but when I go to my allies list there's just so many to scroll through and as someone who doesn't have a full grasp on this yet it's a bit much.

Ventara

Okay so I'm fairly new to this game, been playing it off and on for about two weeks or so and am feeling kind of overwhelmed by the amount of allies I have. I have a pretty fair amount of allies between S and SSS. As well as a bunch of As and some Bs. I'm not sure what I should be doing with them as my priority. Should I be focusing on getting the rapport to 100 on all of the allies between S and SSS? Or focus on getting rapport up and enhancing the As and S-SS units so I can slowly turn them into higher ranked units? If I wasn't being bombarded with units through the login rewards I wouldn't be feeling so overwhelmed, not that I'm complaining, being given these guys seems like a cool thing so far, but when I go to my allies list there's just so many to scroll through and as someone who doesn't have a full grasp on this yet it's a bit much.

Get 100 rapport for all the characters. Each one gets you 10 rubies, so it's well worth it. Only takes about 3 runs, and you can do 3-4 characters at once.

And yeah, generally you'll want to enhance S and SS units to get SSS units (and As when you run out of S units, though I don't think that you'll have a problem there). Don't sweat having so many units; they're just there to make SSS units. Make a solid team of SSS units, and when you have 5 spare ones, deify them. Save your rubies and gold for this.

So a friend introduced me to Marvel's Future Fight game on smartphones. It's pretty much Dragonblaze with a Marvel skin (and a slightly different fight system [3d beatem up])

Whizkid7

Yeah, I was doing them out of order so that's why I wasn't seeing the ruby rewards. Too much time spent in Ch2.

I've got enough for another 500 potion, but it sounds like it's better to just run through normally with a fresh character? Is that right?

Also wow Deus Rag is really...easy. Plus I got like 4 U equips last night.

Mmm..
Did 500 shoes and got 18 draco essence..
Should i get brightspark or bloodwind? Or greysoul even?
My current comp all around is
Tank(to be storm bear)
Melee dps (to be gaela)
Mage (to be someone)
Healer (black aria)
+me
Advices?

RedZone

Neo Member
Are the pets worth anything for convenience? Or should I worry about just dumping my rubies on summons?

auto raid one is pretty much required if you are farming end game, at least it feels required haha

the others arent really needed, the auto salvage one right now even comes in GM events so i just save it for the weekends and i have auto salvage all weekend during the really good buffs

Top Bottom