• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

RedZone

Neo Member
Is the approach to maxing out deity units the same as others (start with 10% chance, then move to 25% after +2 or +3)? I have a surplus of SS units that to throw at them just to make the process easier, but I'm pretty sure that's not the thing to do. Main reason I haven't been combining SS is because I just don't have the feeders for it.

for diety you need to burn 1 essence every attempt at an upgrade so most ppl use only S rank so 25% +fail bonus, otherwise you would waste a huge amount of essence using A rank allies

Takuan

The days of the slow skillups are over IMO. I'm getting like 4 SS a week now (2 from Lab, 2 from combines). Use those SS on deities IMO. I use S until they get to +4 and then I use SS for +5 to max

for diety you need to burn 1 essence every attempt at an upgrade so most ppl use only S rank so 25% +fail bonus, otherwise you would waste a huge amount of essence using A rank allies

Strong points. I've only bought Ancient Essences so far to get Storm Bear - I've been getting light essences from dungeon running at a decent clip. I've wasted more than I care to admit already trying to get Blackaria up to speed. I've got like 5000 rubies thanks to that raid trick, so maybe it's time to splurge on essences and perhaps a few 10-packs?

With respect to equipment farming, I've been doing nothing but Myth Rag. All my Deus attempts were from ruby farming on new characters and I have a few U drops scattered among allies and characters. I have so much trash SS pieces that I've been keeping just for upgrade purposes, but is this a waste of inventory space and gold? Am I supposed to be farming for tickets and equipping Deus stuff?

RedZone

Neo Member
Strong points. I've only bought Ancient Essences so far to get Storm Bear - I've been getting light essences from dungeon running at a decent clip. I've wasted more than I care to admit already trying to get Blackaria up to speed. I've got like 5000 rubies thanks to that raid trick, so maybe it's time to splurge.

With respect to equipment farming, I've been doing nothing but Myth Rag. All my Deus attempts were from ruby farming on new characters and I have a few U drops scattered among allies and characters. I have so much trash SS pieces that I've been keeping just for upgrade purposes, but is this a waste of inventory space and gold? Am I supposed to be farming for tickets and equipping Deus stuff?

yes most ppl are using deus rag gear, for dps though you can use 4U and 2SSS pieces for the additional crit dmg. you can use the trash SS to upgrade the 2SSS pieces since the gold price isnt as high as U gear

I try to make first enhance attemp of U gear with SSS item and then follow with SS with +18, +27 , +36 , .... etc bonus for previous attemps.

Takuan

yes most ppl are using deus rag gear, for dps though you can use 4U and 2SSS pieces for the additional crit dmg. you can use the trash SS to upgrade the 2SSS pieces since the gold price isnt as high as U gear

I gotcha. So I'm basically wasting my time upgrading normal Rag gear if I just want to progress through Chapter 3 (I'm currently getting destroyed in Ch 2 Myth)? Buy tix and run Deus ftw?

normal rag gear isnt bad as a stop gap until you get enough deus rag gear,

but i think most ppl now just run normal rag because you need 10 shop pts to buy the deus rag ticket. Any drops you get from normal rag are more or less fodder to enhance with, but equipping your guys with enhanced rag gear is fine until you burn enough tickets on deus rag to get full gear
Kk. Realistically speaking, it'll be quite some time before I'm able to get my guys wearing a full set of anything, so I'll avoid upgrading single pieces that are below SSS until I've pieced together the complete 6-piece.

While I do that, I'll focus on maxing out my dudes. Ultimate is too much an investment of SSS units and I think I'd rather save them for the next wave of Bodens.

Mt paladini has made 80 to 82 by running ragn.. Poor guy
Jesus lol

RedZone

Neo Member
I gotcha. So I'm basically wasting my time upgrading normal Rag gear if I want to go through Chapter 3?

but i think most ppl now just run normal rag because you need 10 shop pts to buy the deus rag ticket. Any drops you get from normal rag are more or less fodder to enhance with, but equipping your guys with enhanced rag gear is fine until you burn enough tickets on deus rag to get full gear

You can make quite nice 4 normal rag+2 deus rag sets for characters which will cary you through while farming for U stuff.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
The pre-registering for Dragon Blaze Chapter 3 Update free SSS got sent out just now. No codes and you have to open the link from the device you're playing on

Question..
I have eirdan and turq which will both get ascended version..
As there is no mage dark soul yet i suspect they will be ingredient...
Should i use them as fodder or not?

If it's not released in Korea then that's like 8+ months wait for global. So I'm foddering all of them.

The pre-registering for Dragon Blaze Chapter 3 Update free SSS got sent out just now. No codes and you have to open the link from the device you're playing on

Haven't received mail yet. They are probably sending in waves.

edit: got mail moment ago

Takuan

I got Sorcerer Mer. I probably don't need him, unless he's miles above Mara or Porin :p
Same here. I think he's my 5th now. No biggie, trash SSS have utility as deify fodder. I'm just wondering which unit to prepare because originally I was going to go for Falcon but people seem to be all about Magritte because of her summon ability. Good problem to have, I suppose.

Plenty of time to grind and decide. Maybe I'll be able to get both by the time they release.

Ventara

So I've been gone for about 10 days since I hit my bandwidth cap last month and had to cut back on internet. Did I miss anything important?

1140 rubies and 2M gold spent but Storm Bear is mine :)

So my main team now is:

- meteor mage
- Gaela Max+1
- Blackaria Max
- Storm Bear Max
- DDC Max

Next step getting Gaela to Ultimate

Also if someone is interested special 300 ruby pack of summons first gives 9 random ones then 1SS so it's possible to fill A or S parts of Platinium summon bonus gauge with them.

@Ventara - They finally sent mail with SSS for pre-registering for chapter 3, and 10% off essence bundle will be ending tomorrow if you want to buy any.

So I've been gone for about 10 days since I hit my bandwidth cap last month and had to cut back on internet. Did I miss anything important?

The pre-registration codes for chapter 3 went out today. Otherwise, not much. People still farming Deus Rag and trying to get higher ranked in Lab and WB.

Storm Bear is quite nice in lab.

I was usually dying at around 2000k points when doing auto run - now I can comfortably get to 2600-2800k.

On the other hand I was getting floor 78-79 when using manual without him and getting wiped now I'm getting floor 80 and getting wiped :D

I need to arm him with 6U set since i'm using 2U+4deus rag so far.

Limit

Keep beating my head against greysoul in lab 94. I don't know how outside of sheer luck you are supposed to bypass him. Closest I came to beating him was having him be left with like 10% of his life. Shame I couldn't revive 3 of my main team allies to finish the job.

Dat feeling when you can deify 2 units, but you don't have the money to cover the last + for both and you cannot cover the deify cost either...
Last day on essence discount.. Should i buy 20 boden (storm bear) and 20 dark (gaela) or who cares, it's 60 rubies more at worst?

Dat feeling when you can deify 2 units, but you don't have the money to cover the last + for both and you cannot cover the deify cost either...
Last day on essence discount.. Should i buy 20 boden (storm bear) and 20 dark (gaela) or who cares, it's 60 rubies more at worst?

There should be 10+1 event on boden and angel essences next week so nearly identical

vato_loco

Any way to know what events we get during the month? I'd LOVE a 100% on Gold. I need Gold. I'm like a tiny white Smaug with the most depressing Gold addiction ever.

RedZone

Neo Member

the 10+1 essence event changes to ancient and dark tomorrow so dont worry about it

as for gold i would get storm bear first so you can progress further in lab, also with him you can auto further to get more gold more efficiently

Ventara

I was able to Ult Hawk and Mikaela last night. Hawk is an absolute BEAST. He just kills everyone one after another and dodges attacks with his 86% eva (saw someone with 100% eva 0_0), and then vanishes, so the enemies just have to stand there and take it. Ended up giving him my Varying Attack U card. Hope I didn't waste it. Mikaela is pretty good, too, though she'll really be put to the test once I have her face Golem.

Anyways, is there any use for warriors anymore? With Paladin being better at them in labyrinth and raids, I feel their role has become obsolete. Also, what priest skill set is best for Hydra? Is it the same as Golem (0/11/0, 12/10/11/0) or ???

Edit: Btw, since I'm not in a guild anymore, I don't have anyone to help me finish up raids for my alt character. If there's anyone here with a geared up rogue willing to help, I'd appreciate it. Need to do it for 3 characters (or as many as you're willing to help with). I'll of course help all your alt characters through raids in return.

vato_loco

So no extra Gold this month. Damn.

Also I usually tend to dodge teams with Blackaria + Kymael in Arena because they're usually a pain in the ass, but if I had to choose between a team with Aria + Kym and a team with a Hawk, I'll dodge Hawk. He's a goddamn killing machine.

I had a five minute Arena fight between my Kym and Storm Bear against the other guy's Storm Bear because I couldn't kill him on time for his 1HP skill to kick in again. Five minutes.

Also I usually tend to dodge teams with Blackaria + Kymael in Arena because they're usually a pain in the ass, but if I had to choose between a team with Aria + Kym and a team with a Hawk, I'll dodge Hawk. He's a goddamn killing machine.

I had a five minute Arena fight between my Kym and Storm Bear against the other guy's Storm Bear because I couldn't kill him on time for his 1HP skill to kick in again. Five minutes.

That's how a lot of GB battles look now - 3 squishies die and lone Storm Bears fight unable to each other

sooo..
craft storm bear today OR during the next ally enhance bonus event? i've got everything..
essences(10), gold (800000 for deify, 1m for "other use"), essences for maxing (20)..
risk overspending essences OR wait?
my deity team needs to grow! #teamMOARDeity

LuuKyK

I can go for Draco Brightspark or Bliss Foxy, which one is better?

Foxy looks cooler but Bright's abilities seem more useful and damaging. Hmmm.

vato_loco

sooo..
craft storm bear today OR during the next ally enhance bonus event? i've got everything..
essences(10), gold (800000 for deify, 1m for "other use"), essences for maxing (20)..
risk overspending essences OR wait?
my deity team needs to grow! #teamMOARDeity
I'd definitely wait until the next ally enhance because essences don't come cheap. And you'll need them when the next wave of Bodens come I guess. But if you're like me, you've probably deified him already.

I've actually switched Llywelyn for Storm Bear because his Fenrir is just so damaging, but I think they're pretty much on par with each other. Bear has the edge with his 1HP skill.

I can go for Draco Brightspark or Bliss Foxy, which one is better?

Foxy looks cooler but Bright's abilities seem more useful and damaging. Hmmm.
Blackaria is a must for any team. Foxy is great, but get a Blackaria first.

I'd definitely wait until the next ally enhance because essences don't come cheap. And you'll need them when the next wave of Bodens come I guess. But if you're like me, you've probably deified him already.

I've actually switched Llywelyn for Storm Bear because his Fenrir is just so damaging, but I think they're pretty much on par with each other. Bear has the edge with his 1HP skill.

Blackaria is a must for any team. Foxy is great, but get a Blackaria first.

he was saying brightspark :p
i *hope* he has DBA already.. after deifing her first, i have to agree..
going from ult mer to max blackaria it felt like night and day :X

vato_loco

Oh crap, my brain went full Blackaria there lol

Huh... that's harder. I haven't heard a lot about Foxy but most people here think that DBS is good at everything but doesn't really stand out in anything. Jack of all trades, Master of none, so to speak.

LuuKyK

I definitely want Blackaria, but my main character is a healer already so I thought focusing on other roles first was a better option. I also alteady have Brightspark almost at Ult, so thats why I said I am debating DBS or Foxy. OTOH to ult Mercedes I need a bunch of SS fodder and that will take some time I guess so Blackaria will have to wait. :/

Btw this is my first Deity, so I am still a bit new to all this and a bit confused too. Took some time to understand how the process works. :p I have the money and the essences for 1 of each of the groups (dracos, angels and bodens) just gotta take care of ulting some SSS characters now.

arevin01

200+ shoes run test during 100% buff. 4 essence+1 SSS earring.

Srfi4NK.png

I definitely want Blackaria, but my main character is a healer already so I thought focusing on other roles first was a better option. I also alteady have Brightspark almost at Ult, so thats why I said I am debating DBS or Foxy. OTOH to ult Mercedes I need a bunch of SS fodder and that will take some time I guess so Blackaria will have to wait. :/

Btw this is my first Deity, so I am still a bit new to all this and a bit confused too. Took some time to understand how the process works. :p I have the money and the essences for 1 of each of the groups (dracos, angels and bodens) just gotta take care of ulting some SSS characters now.

Not so fast :)

Do You have resources to change your new deity into +MAX ?

Otherwise your non draco Brightspark at Ultimate will be more powerful than fresh Draco Brighspark

Also it would help if you told us whole SSS team so first deity can supplement rest of them and fit into one of formations.

plus man, you have main healer right?
for me, the perfect first deity would be a propr deity tank..
if you have a strong sss tank already, you can go for the dps, but if you have a non-meta -non-deity sss tank, i'd rather get a stormbear or a ddc at this point..
you will keep him alive for now, and that should boost you a little through lab..
then!
concentrate on a dps deity..

imho it should be
healer deity (if you're not an healer)
tank deity (if you're not a tank)
dps deity (fill fill fill!)

LuuKyK

Not so fast :)

Do You have resources to change your new deity into +MAX ?

Otherwise your non draco Brightspark at Ultimate will be more powerful than fresh Draco Brighspark

Also it would help if you told us whole SSS team so first deity can supplement rest of them and fit into one of formations.

Hmm, I dont think I do. Should I reconsider it then? :|

My team, besides my healer, is Brightspark, King Gram, Belle Snow, Captain Fulsion. They are all +5 or +6, besides BS who is ulted already. I keep re-arranging my team all the time too to experiment though. I am not even bothering with equipment yet, they are not unequipped but I am also not farming or anything, just going for what the bosses or those daily dungeons drop.

plus man, you have main healer right?
for me, the perfect first deity would be a propr deity tank..
if you have a strong sss tank already, you can go for the dps, but if you have a non-meta -non-deity sss tank, i'd rather get a stormbear or a ddc at this point..
you will keep him alive for now, and that should boost you a little through lab..
then!
concentrate on a dps deity..

imho it should be
healer deity (if you're not an healer)
tank deity (if you're not a tank)
dps deity (fill fill fill!)

Thanks for the advice! I was thinking about Stormbear too, him oy Kymael. They both seem really strong. Ugh I am so bad at choosing things. >_>

My team, besides my healer, is Brightspark, King Gram, Belle Snow, Captain Fulsion. They are all +5 or +6, besides BS who is ulted already. I keep re-arranging my team all the time too to experiment though. I am not even bothering with equipment yet, they are not unequipped but I am also not farming or anything, just going for what the bosses or those daily dungeons drop.

Thanks for the advice! I was thinking about Stormbear too, him oy Kymael. They both seem really strong. Ugh I am so bad at choosing things. >_>
go with storm bear..
kymael's meta is gone as far as i understand..
if you have a paladin ready for deify, i would stash him, get storm bear now and deify falcon (boden paladin) at a later stage..

First priority get everyone to +max level , after that I'd go Storm Bear ->max, Gram -> Ultimate, and try to get one of DPS deities to replace Belle Snow after that.

Edit: I've bumped Gaela to Max+4 plus finally got last 2 pieces of U armor for Aria and reset my Noble Chivalry since it had weird point distribution and my labirynth score jumped to 4040k and 89 floors :) Only 150k separate me from last guy in top 1% on euro server.

Top Bottom