• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Current make up is
SS Mahican Marc +MAX
SS Dark Arrow Tarq +4
SS Dark Lance +4
SS Commander Arat +3

Currently a lvl 48 mage with 1st single burst maxed. Thinking of switching over to the AoE ultimate since it seems to be the better spec but I think I would feel bad in raid if I don't do much damage :/

My Mage is spec'd with max AoE (well it still has one more level to go, but that is the plan). I was worried about Raid damage too, but if you let your fire seals build up before you burst, it makes a big difference in DPS (you would of course have to play with Auto off). I've also been focusing on INT+ and Weapon Attack+ gear to help compensate. I get lots of Raid invites at random times of the day so I think people are happy with my damage. lol

garath

Current make up is
SS Mahican Marc +MAX
SS Dark Arrow Tarq +4
SS Dark Lance +4
SS Commander Arat +3

Currently a lvl 48 mage with 1st single burst maxed. Thinking of switching over to the AoE ultimate since it seems to be the better spec but I think I would feel bad in raid if I don't do much damage :/

Damn. I'm 48 as well without a party even close to that lol. Nice stuff. You throw any money at the game or are you just much more efficient than me? :)

johnsmith

remember me
Drowning in raid tickets, but I really want boots. I struggle to burn through my tickets.

I wish the labyrinth gave you rapport so at least I could grind rapport that way.

JigsawX

Damn. I'm 48 as well without a party even close to that lol. Nice stuff. You throw any money at the game or are you just much more efficient than me? :)

Liked the game so decided to do each one of the specials. the one where they show 4 on the screen. Didn't do the $99 one though. Brave Frontier is my main game so that takes the big bucks :D

JigsawX

Also decided to follow this mage skill guide.

Level 1 Flame Burst (1 Point)
Level 10 Meteor Invocation + Ultimate (22 Points)
Level 1 Salamander’s Curse (1 Point)
Level 1 Fire Seal (1 Point)
Level 6 Intelligence Increase (7 Points)
Level 10 Weapon use (17 Points)
Level 1 Flame Study (1 Point)

for PvE and right now it helped clear my legend roadblock. AoE ftw!

garath

Liked the game so decided to do each one of the specials. the one where they show 4 on the screen. Didn't do the $99 one though. Brave Frontier is my main game so that takes the big bucks :D

Gotcha gotcha. I'm probably going to throw a few bucks at it. I enjoy it and have put a lot of hours into it so far lol.

draw4wild

Did 30 pulls, got 26A, 3S, and my last pull was SS Swordsman Vurch who will probably replace Dark Lance as my tank. Gonna try to combine for an SSS

Rijasy

Neo Member
This has replaced the void that destiny of spirits has left me...

If there's room, I'd love to join the guild. :D

Account: Siddig
Character: Siddig

On a side note, does anyone know why 'Rijasy' might be restricted? I've never seen any game that restricted my username before. :(

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Still doing alright in the labyrinth after I revised my group. Getting 10-15k points on auto. Feels ok. Could be better.

Rixa

After several rerolls (about 25, 5 yesterday). I finally got 3 S and 1 A units. Didnt see any SS (or SSS), so they are really rare.

Kinda happy (I did read this thread) that I got S healer.

Hive ID: 149049632
Account Nickname: Rixgff

Would like to have some friends here :).
I like the look of this game, so much Dragons Crown looks & gameplay.

Below is my initial party in pics:

Screenshot_2015-05-30-15-10-33.png

Screenshot_2015-05-30-15-07-14.png
Screenshot_2015-05-30-15-07-37.png

Screenshot_2015-05-30-15-07-52.png
Screenshot_2015-05-30-15-08-25.png

Few questions:
1. Got those 50 Rubies for Hive login (Playing SS so did have Hive account already). What to do with them?
2. Main unit, does she be all the time in party? Thus is it ok to develope?
3. Grind levels + ranks as much as you can?
4. Is there something better on weekends (like money fights etc)?

Could also join to guild...

EDIT: EU server!

garath

Nothing against GAF! Wanted to join a little more active guild.

No worries :) just usually keep an eye on my XP contributions and I'd always be second to you. Then one day - poof. I'm first lol. You just outleveled us :)

After several rerolls (about 25, 5 yesterday). I finally got 3 S and 1 A units. Didnt see any SS (or SSS), so they are really rare.

Kinda happy (I did read this thread) that I got S healer.

Hive ID: 149049632
Account Nickname: Rixgff

Would like to have some friends here :).
I like the look of this game, so much Dragons Crown looks & gameplay.

Below is my initial party in pics:

Few questions:
1. Got those 50 Rubies for Hive login (Playing SS so did have Hive account already). What to do with them?
2. Main unit, does she be all the time in party? Thus is it ok to develope?
3. Grind levels + ranks as much as you can?
4. Is there something better on weekends (like money fights etc)?

Could also join to guild...

EDIT: EU server!

That was a good reroll. SS are really really rare and SSS are insanely rare.

Rubies are mostly for pulling to get fodder for enhancing and combining the S rank and above. Though you will want to eventually unlock all the item and accessory slots on your hero.

Main unit will always be in the party. Develop her!

Progression will yield more XP and gold than just grinding the same stage over and over. But you will hit walls and have to grind. There are better places than others. Usually the last boss fight of an area has the best XP and a chance at good loot.

There arent weekend events or anything but there are weekly standings for labyrinth and arena. Lab resets on Thursday. Arena on Tuesday. You can get weekly rewards based on your standings at the reset.

I don't know if we have a EU guild :(

Sword Familiar

Combined for another SS and got... another fucking dual wielder. -__- One is enough damnit. At least I'll have high attack power, I guess, but I have to get two more swords now. *sigh*

Rixa

if anyone needs an EU referral name: georgekupo

wink wink

How can you add referral later? Didnt have any working name when I started. I could use yours now. But how?

Raid is fun here. Definetly not use your Rubys to stuff, when you get these kind of items as random drops from raid.
Yeah now to get enough levels :p

Kitoro

FYI, my friend's guild just purged members who haven't logged in for over two days, and we've got 5 out of 50 spots available!

He's looking for players level 40 and up who care about Guild Battles, as we're consistently in the top 5% and getting our Guild Battle gear every week. We need help staying there!

If you're level 40 and up, apply to BloodOath!

Taz

Been playing on and off at level 22, still on normal team is 3 S's and 1 A I've got 300 ish ruby's do I spend them on gear for my main or rolls for alleys, ps anyone playing EU and level 20 I can use as a referral for 50 ruby's

Been playing on and off at level 22, still on normal team is 3 S's and 1 A I've got 300 ish ruby's do I spend them on gear for my main or rolls for alleys, ps anyone playing EU and level 20 I can use as a referral for 50 ruby's

Don't spend rubies on gear. Do raids for gear. Use them for ally pulls/inventory expansion/costumes.

sensui-tomo

costumes are okay, just wait until you know how your character works before buying a costume .and only spend rubies on summons, item usage slots, accessory slots(later on)

zanyu

Just wondering what's Gaf's opinion in using a lower rank ally cause of their skills?

I just got a A-Healer with group heal, but I have a fully maxed out S-healer, single target, and then an AoE poison (which is only 30% damage with a really long cd)

I never thought much of my S-healer and feel like switching, but the stats are significantly lower even as base.

garath

Level 49. I'm almost there. Then after that I guess it's a lot of raiding and using shoes on another character.

It'll be nice to take off the xp accessories too. One is completely useless to me except for the xp gain.

Going to probably buy a few rubies and then just pull with all the rubies I have and see how much better I can make my party. Seems like the freebie rubies have mostly dried up outside of the weekly rewards. I have lots of B and C rank guys to master as well. So that's something.

Sword Familiar

Level 49. I'm almost there. Then after that I guess it's a lot of raiding and using shoes on another character.

It'll be nice to take off the xp accessories too. One is completely useless to me except for the xp gain.

Going to probably buy a few rubies and then just pull with all the rubies I have and see how much better I can make my party. Seems like the freebie rubies have mostly dried up outside of the weekly rewards. I have lots of B and C rank guys to master as well. So that's something.

Don't forget forming parties for party effects, As I mentioned earlier, they give 10 rubies each and many of them are really easy to do.

draw4wild

I'm level 46 now but I feel my team hasn't really gotten any stronger since I beat Heroic Gram at lvl 42 besides the 4 levels. I should be able to combine for my first SSS tonight and I'll be so pissed if I get one of the dark gnolls, out of 32 possible outcomes, I feel I'd be ok with about 16 of them. (all of the heroes besides karang, the 2 other healers, 2 other taunt tanks, and 1 or 2 of the dps), My team right now is:

Me- Hidden Blades rogue
SS Dark Lance
SS Hunter Misty
SS Dark Curse
S-max Priest Rinran

I have SS Swordsman Vurch, SS Mage Veril, and SS Dark Arrow Tarq also available. I think Vurch will probably make it into the team but I like using Curse and Misty since they both have AE disable. I've had zero luck from heroic storm tyrant so my gear is pretty poor at the moment

Edit: Fuck this, did the combine, got Dark Gnoll,he's not even going to make it into my team, that shit is almost enough to make me quit playing..........like 800 gems of work down the drain, and 2 seconds later someone in channel 7 pulls Princess Mercedes with a premium summon

zanyu

Don't forget forming parties for party effects, As I mentioned earlier, they give 10 rubies each and many of them are really easy to do.

How do the party effects work exactly?

I once glanced at it but realized I had none of those monsters, but now since I'm higher level I'm sure I've come across some of the A's but threw them away for enhancing.

Sword Familiar

How do the party effects work exactly?

I once glanced at it but realized I had none of those monsters, but now since I'm higher level I'm sure I've come across some of the A's but threw them away for enhancing.

You just add the ally types described in the list to your party and use it in one stage. You usually don't need to use any specific units (unless it tells you to). In the orc effect, just add three orcs, lamias add three lamias, chests add three chests and so on. Really simple. They all need to be unique though, but the value isn't important unless otherwise specified.

You'll know immediately if the party effect is activated or not. There will be an indicator in the top left corner.

You'll probably get lots of different fungi from friend point summoning, so that might be a good place to start.

garath

Did rerolls and only got 3 A's and a SS called Desert Gnarl.
Is a single SS better than multiple S?

A single SS will start you off pretty well. That's really rare. You'll get a lot of rubies for awhile and be able to pull more and get S ranks from pulls pretty commonly.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Did rerolls and only got 3 A's and a SS called Desert Gnarl.
Is a single SS better than multiple S?

Desert Gnarl is terrible. I would reroll. My S units are better than that thing.

Gram an Legendary is kicking my arse.
I got past his 3rd wave but my res scrolls were on CD. I quickly bought the 3rd slot as that would have allowed me the win.
It seems like it is the luck of the draw on which ads spawn. Some of them stun all 3 of my healers and I go down fast.

Yaari

Desert Gnarl is terrible. I would reroll. My S units are better than that thing.

Gram an Legendary is kicking my arse.
I got past his 3rd wave but my res scrolls were on CD. I quickly bought the 3rd slot as that would have allowed me the win.
It seems like it is the luck of the draw on which ads spawn. Some of them stun all 3 of my healers and I go down fast.

Sadface.

Issue is that the game starts me off on Europe. So for me to play on US, I actually have to reroll twice before I get to pick servers. Not to mention I've been using up usernames I wanted to have.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Sadface.

Issue is that the game starts me off on Europe. So for me to play on US, I actually have to reroll twice before I get to pick servers. Not to mention I've been using up usernames I wanted to have.

Delete the character from character select before you reroll and you can re-use it.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Woot!!!

Downed legend mode without using a single Revive scroll and only 1 HP scroll.

Here was my final team:
SSS Dark Mage Pari+3 (aoe mage)
SS Dark Breath +1 (single target heal + aoe debuff removal)
S Priest Ranran MAX+2 (AOE heals + revive)
S Mystery King MAX+2 (AOE Taunt + Stun)

The trick for me was to take out my SSS Dark Assassin Percy and replace him with my SS Dark Breath. Never knew how useful AOE Debuff Removal is. That guy saved my ass.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I don't think I have ever had this game crash.

Are those of you that have crashes playing on something with low RAM?

garath

Level 50! Woo. Too bad I don't really have much in the way of level 50 gear. Just some boots :/

Got another 250 rubies for that. Now have 550. Just going to pull until I'm out and see if I can make an SSS or two.

Top Bottom