• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Einbroch

Banned
Also, getting 100 Rapport with a non-mastered unit (one that you've never gotten 100 rapport with before) will get you 10 rubies.

Ventara

Speaking of rapport, will I get another 10 rubies if I raise a second character that I've already done to 100 rapport?

Also, getting 100 Rapport with a non-mastered unit (one that you've never gotten 100 rapport with before) will get you 10 rubies.

I guess that answers that.

Pbae

What's the point of Rapport? I level it up to 100, but I don't know what it actually does.

If you haven't mastered it yet (100 Rapport) and you do you get 10 rubies. Also a character needs to have 100 rapport to combine with another character which also needs to have 100 rapport to rank up.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Yeah, it's a pretty decent source of rubies. Don't sell/eat your units beore you've mastered them. Well, unless you need the shoes for leveling.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Lol sounds just as expensive as combining for an SSS

You should crunch the numbers

Combining may give him another Ackard.
Rebirth is guaranteed to be something different.

The only time it would make sense to fuse an SSS is when you own every other SSS in the game. Even then I would hold onto it for future updates.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You need it to combine units. You need both units to have 100 rapport and max enhance level. Two units o the same value will combine into a random unit of the next value. Two Cs will combine into a B, two Bs into an A and so forth.

I shouldn't bother to level up Cs and Bs, right? And just use them as fodder?

And thanks!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I shouldn't bother to level up Cs and Bs, right? And just use them as fodder?

And thanks!

Correct. No reason to level up B or C units.
Use them as feeder units. Max rapport them if you feel inclined and have the spare boots so you can get rubies.

Personally I won't touch maxing rapport on anything below S until I hit lvl 50.

garath

Another FYI for those in legend mode.
If you are like me and waiting on the final area trying to get to 50, just grind out Yellow Wall 7 (boss stage) repeatedly. 100k exp a pop (not super good) but I am getting loads of SSS accessories.

Thanks, this is actually a really good grinding spot. I need a few levels to use some of the gear I've gotten from raiding, not to mention being a little behind the curve at 44.

Once I get higher I'll also do Deserted tower. That's what I would grind in Hero. I actually got a few purple accessories from that.

Hmm... This is probably what is slowing down my progression at the moment. I'm trying to max rapport all my C ranks for free rubies. Maybe I should just start eating them so I can combine. If I wait until I'm lvl 50, I'll theoretically have access to better stages which offer much more exp so I can max the rapport faster. Decisions, decisions...

commish

Correct. No reason to level up B or C units.
Use them as feeder units. Max rapport them if you feel inclined and have the spare boots so you can get rubies.

Everything I have is below S, save 2 S-rank dudes. Rest are A or below.

garath

Hmm... This is probably what is slowing down my progression at the moment. I'm trying to max rapport all my C ranks for free rubies. Maybe I should just start eating them so I can combine. If I wait until I'm lvl 50, I'll theoretically have access to better stages which offer much more exp so I can max the rapport faster. Decisions, decisions...

Wait. I'm not touching B or C rapport until 50. I've been doing A but even then I probably shouldn't have bothered.

garath

Okay, good call. That makes sense.

Actually, the reason I've been doing the A is because they are a little more rare than the others. You'll see the same C over and over and over. B probably more of the same. Though over time, I'm seeing the same A over and over as well.

Sword Familiar

Anyone know if you get some bonus rubies or something for completing an area's allies in the Folio? I only need one more ally to complete Golem Hill.

Oh yeah, and I noticed you get rubies for finding party effects as well. I had three different value gnolls in my party and got 10 rubies for the party effect they created.

Edit:

Actually, there's a list of all party effects in there. Says exactly what you need to combine.

For the record, I did not combine the three gnolls listed in the party effects tab. It shows a picture o an SSS gnoll. I used a combination of A, B and C gnolls. Don't know if all Cs or all Bs will work, but it might.

garath

Combined for another SS. A rogue :(

My kingdom for a taunt tank. Sigh.

I guess my best approach for now should be enhancing my SS team. Short of getting lucky with an SS tank, I'm just throwing resources at things that won't help me complete Legend or rank higher in the Labyrinth/arena.

edit:

I hate to do it, but I think I need to start purging my friend list. 60% of my list are people lower than level 30 and completely useless to me other than friend points. I don't mind having lower level GAF guys on the list in the slightest but I suspect majority are just people I friended to pad the list as I leveled.

Going to start purging. If I delete someone from GAF, please let me know and I'll accept a new invite.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Combined for another SS. A rogue :(

My kingdom for a taunt tank. Sigh.

I guess my best approach for now should be enhancing my SS team. Short of getting lucky with an SS tank, I'm just throwing resources at things that won't help me complete Legend or rank higher in the Labyrinth/arena.

I'm in the final area of legend an don't have an SS taunt tank or an SS aoe healer. Things aren't so bad without them.

I did make an alt tank and healer that I will be leveling once I hit 50 and combine this next SSS unit. If I can't draw the damn role, I will fill it with my main!

I'm in the final area of legend an don't have an SS taunt tank or an SS aoe healer. Things aren't so bad without them.

I did make an alt tank and healer that I will be leveling once I hit 50 and combine this next SSS unit. If I can't draw the damn role, I will fill it with my main!

Just need to disable and out DPS the enemy before they kill you

Ive found that maintaining my aiming and cooldowns with my Main I can tip the tables in tough fights

Having an Ultimate unlocked helps

garath

I think the pull rates on SS and SSS is near 0.0002%.

I'd agree.

I honestly don't care that much. They give us a lot of rubies and I really just pull for enhancement material. But it's disheartening to see how expensive the rubies are if you actually wanted to spend a little money. No way I'd want to spend say $100 and see nothing but A and S fodder.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'd agree.

I honestly don't care that much. They give us a lot of rubies and I really just pull for enhancement material. But it's disheartening to see how expensive the rubies are if you actually wanted to spend a little money. No way I'd want to spend say $100 and see nothing but A and S fodder.

yeah, rubies are expensive.
Premium summons are fodder, not a way to get better units.

Better units come with time and grinding. I guess many people try to compare this to something like P&D where you can draw something great right from the start.

commish

I'd agree.

Better units come with time and grinding. I guess many people try to compare this to something like P&D where you can draw something great right from the start.

Yeah it's actually a pretty good way to handle duplicate/undesirable pulls. Even if you get something you already have or don't care for, you can turn it into something else, so it still has value. I always complained about Brave Frontier because duplicate pulls were a total waste, really.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Woot!

LVL 50 get!

Time to put on all this red SSS gear I have been hoarding.

EDIT: and now my Wizzie has 18.5k hp. lol

nikos

Does this game have real-time multiplayer, or is it only asynchronous? Also, is there a GAF clan? Having fun with the game so far.

garath

Woot!

LVL 50 get!

Time to put on all this red SSS gear I have been hoarding.

EDIT: and now my Wizzie has 18.5k hp. lol

Grats! Did you beat Legend yet?

It is a slow crawl to level 50. It slowed down so much in the 40s. I just broke 45. I won't be joining you for at least another 4-5 days at this rate lol.

I've pretty much given up on legend progression for the moment and am just grinding yellow Wall and storm tyrant.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

It is a slow crawl to level 50. It slowed down so much in the 40s. I just broke 45. I won't be joining you for at least another 4-5 days at this rate lol.

I've pretty much given up on legend progression for the moment and am just grinding yellow Wall and storm tyrant.

I am on the last area of legend. Haven't really tried to progress to Gram yet. I might after I farm up enough allies to do my next SSS combine. I think you can still be invited to raids even if you haven't unlocked them. I might get my guildmates to invite me to a few DeathCrown Legends to farm up a chest, weapon, and offhand for the complete SSS Buster set before finishing legend.

Sword Familiar

So yeah, I tried mixing and matching for party effects, and it turns out it's really easy for the most part. Just add 3-4 unique allies of one kind (you will see the effect immediately), then endure one fight with that party and you earn 10 rubies. Just got 50 rubies this way just by making parties of Bs and Cs, mostly.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Saved up 466 rubies. I should probably just do a massive pulling spree soon to combine for an SS rank guy.

Wait for after the update. You may luck out and get one of the new units!

I just maxed 2 more SS in preparation for tomorrow. Really hoping for Deathcrown!

draw4wild

I think the main difference between this and PaD is that P&D (and most gacha games) had account levels and team cost, plus there was a real commitment to leveling units and evolving them so even if you pulled the best 5 team units in a row, you still had a long grind to use that best team. Especially since everything used the same stamina

This game if you pull the best 5 units, you're just about done. No xp grind, no evolution material grind, and no plus egg grind.

So I completely agree that premium summons are just there for fodder, but because there is that 1% chance, people will spend a ton more money.

Dreavus

I think the main difference between this and PaD is that P&D (and most gacha games) had account levels and team cost, plus there was a real commitment to leveling units and evolving them so even if you pulled the best 5 team units in a row, you still had a long grind to use that best team. Especially since everything used the same stamina

This game if you pull the best 5 units, you're just about done. No xp grind, no evolution material grind, and no plus egg grind.

So I completely agree that premium summons are just there for fodder, but because there is that 1% chance, people will spend a ton more money.

I like that you don't have to spend ages working up a new unit in this one. It makes it easy to swap out team members. It's possible that it's a little too easy, but when we're talking about a straight grind anyways it's better to err on the side of "this doesn't take forever to do". Rapport takes a little while but feels pretty fair overall. Hell, the game is nice enough to improve your chance of an enhance a little bit when you fail. Looking at other F2P games, especially MMOs on PC, they could have easily given no bonus and even added a downgrade chance at a certain level.

As far as how much money it's making, I wonder how successful the game has been so far. I feel like I never have my finger on the pulse when it comes to that in F2P games. I haven't come close to buying anything because the prices seem a little out of whack (based on what can be earned for free), and also the amount they give out is more than enough.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
It's pretty fun leveling a new main when all your allies are lvl 50!

It is going much quicker than my first main.

wapplew

Last level of forgotten ruin area are much better to grind cause boss fight almost summon 3 wave of monster every time. 13-15k exp per round.

garath

Last level of forgotten ruin area are much better to grind cause boss fight almost summon 3 wave of monster every time. 13-15k exp per round.

Haven't gotten there yet ;)

I'll probably push forward tomorrow. I'm almost 46 and I'll summon some more fodder after the maintenance.

sensui-tomo

Going to build a secondary mage to see how that works out(i have a tank) so if you see a megaratomo, dont delete her, i'm probably going to go back and forth with my two characters probably for one to build for pvp and the other pve

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Going to build a secondary mage to see how that works out(i have a tank) so if you see a megaratomo, dont delete her, i'm probably going to go back and forth with my two characters probably for one to build for pvp and the other pve

Best to get one to 50 before splitting shoes. Getting one character to legend and able to do well in arena makes gold and gear easy to come by. Splitting shoes just lengthens that process.

sensui-tomo

Best to get one to 50 before splitting shoes. Getting one character to legend and able to do well in arena makes gold and gear easy to come by. Splitting shoes just lengthens that process.

I think this mage will work better than my tank does for pve, due to the fact i can replace my crappy SS archer dude with my healer and use the mage for AoE damage to replace him until i get more rubies to take him out, level that crew up and then switch back to my Tank. Yeah it'll be a long process alright. But i feel i wont mess up this character, plus i can use my team to carry her to hero mode. then equip my mage weapons in storage.

StuffRuff

Just started the game going from the praise from this thread. Looks like it will be a good time sink when I'm not doing much. Will hopefully fill in the gaps when FFRK is on stam cooldown :)

Changed to Americas server from EU as it seems like it will probably be more active.

Also applied to join the NeoGAF guild but apparently part of the waiting list:

Account: SlipperTip
Character: SlipperTip

Hopefully theres space for me!

EDIT: Please feel free to add me as a friend, low or high level. I suspect most of you high levels will be wanting to give me a wide berth though while I'm a lowbie :)

Also I never saw anywhere to put in a referall? Is that done when you create a game ID? As I just decided to use a guest login.

draw4wild

The 2 new units seem pretty good. Especially Mercedes who has a single target and group heal.

Gonna do about 30 pulls tonight and start work on a first SSS. Unless of course I pull one through summon lol

garath

Just logged in and was given a premium ally pull for some reason. It got me an SS tank!

Nice!! Good pull!

I still haven't gotten anything better than an S from pulls.

Just started the game going from the praise from this thread. Looks like it will be a good time sink when I'm not doing much. Will hopefully fill in the gaps when FFRK is on stam cooldown :)

Changed to Americas server from EU as it seems like it will probably be more active.

Also applied to join the NeoGAF guild but apparently part of the waiting list:

Account: SlipperTip
Character: SlipperTip

Hopefully theres space for me!

EDIT: Please feel free to add me as a friend, low or high level. I suspect most of you high levels will be wanting to give me a wide berth though while I'm a lowbie :)

Also I never saw anywhere to put in a referall? Is that done when you create a game ID? As I just decided to use a guest login.

You only get a chance to put in a referral when you do a hive account link. If you do so, you can feel free to use me as a referral. I think I have a slot or two left.

acct: garath1
char: Garyck

StuffRuff

Nice!! Good pull!

You only get a chance to put in a referral when you do a hive account link. If you do so, you can feel free to use me as a referral. I think I have a slot or two left.

acct: garath1
char: Garyck

Thanks Garath but you've exceeded your limit apparently! :)

EDIT: Managed to use Shephard9, thanks! Anyone else seeing this, feel free to use my referral

Name: SlipperTip

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
My second SSS combine got me Dark Mage Pari. Not crazy happy since it isn't tank or heals. But at least I now have a 6% defense team bonus with my main squad.

Top Bottom