• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Now that I have decided to continue playing this game, I need some GAF friends!

Character name is Bearel. I'm guessing you add people character name and not account name, right?

Edit: What's the gaf guild name?

I crafted my own SS character this morning using two S's and got a nice archer, it's amazing how much of a difference they make to progression with their better attacks and skills.

*edit* going by that tier list this character is an average one, doesn't feel like it :p

dyudtao.png

garath

I crafted my own SS character this morning using two S's and got a nice archer, it's amazing how much of a difference they make to progression with their better attacks and skills.

It does for sure. Working on combining those S ranks into SS will be a priority for completing Hero.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

*edit* going by that tier list this character is an average one, doesn't feel like it :p

dyudtao.png

The biggest part about SS is they have 3 active skills whereas S only has 1. SS should be achieved asap.

garath

It is a slooooow grind to 50. Up to 47 today. Doing more progression. Got my SS red priest to +2. I can't even fathom how many rubies it is going to take to build an SSS team.

Einbroch

Banned
Yeah, biggest issue with SSS is that you need rubies to get them. Everything up to SS can be reasonably done with friend pulls and the monsters you find while playing.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
It is a slooooow grind to 50. Up to 47 today. Doing more progression. Got my SS red priest to +2. I can't even fathom how many rubies it is going to take to build an SSS team.

It isn't so bad. Just get top 1% on every event and you get loads of rubies to use on fodder.

Yeah, biggest issue with SSS is that you need rubies to get them. Everything up to SS can be reasonably done with friend pulls and the monsters you find while playing.

Good thing rubies are free!

I'm liking this overdrive thing. I got my S healer to MAX+2 to give her more legs. The only bad part is you have to combine in the same grade for overdrive.

This means if you want MAX+2 SSS you need to sacrifice 2 SSS units!

Weeks... months

Scoring high in Guild, Lab, and Arena

At least now the world boss adds another ruby source. Looks like youll need to be beefed to score high though

garath

It isn't so bad. Just get top 1% on every event and you get loads of rubies to use on fodder.

Good thing rubies are free!

I'm liking this overdrive thing. I got my S healer to MAX+2 to give her more legs. The only bad part is you have to combine in the same grade for overdrive.

This means if you want MAX+2 SSS you need to sacrifice 2 SSS units!

I was top 2% last Labyrinth :( So sad.

Ooh, forgot about the limit break. I think I'll bump my S tank to +2. Have to use S ranks though? oh well. probably worth it.

Einbroch

Banned
Man, either a ton more people are playing or just a lot more people are playing arena, because I'm moving up 250 places and not even moving 1%.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I was top 2% last Labyrinth :( So sad.

Ooh, forgot about the limit break. I think I'll bump my S tank to +2. Have to use S ranks though? oh well. probably worth it.

I think it is worth it for those of us with S rank tanks or healers holding the party together.
An extra 20% to stats isn't bad. Plus they get a cool red glow!

KimChi

Now that I have decided to continue playing this game, I need some GAF friends!

Character name is Bearel. I'm guessing you add people character name and not account name, right?

Edit: What's the gaf guild name?

guild is NeoGAF -case sensitive btw
and yea it seems all we need is character name to search, sent you a friend request mine is Yurisica.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I will be so happy when I get my first Provoke Tank!

Whoa, actually I take my statement back that I will keep using my SS non-taunt tank.

I compared the stats and my S rank Mystery King at MAX+2 will have almost the same stats as my SS tank+7. But the S will be better since he has taunt.

Time to start upgrading my S tank (to think I almost fused him away). I never knew stats could overlap like that. I guess I shouldn't discount S rank now that Limit Break is a thing.

garath

Whoa, actually I take my statement back that I will keep using my SS non-taunt tank.

I compared the stats and my S rank Abyss King at MAX+2 will have almost the same stats as my SS tank+7. But the S will be better since he has taunt.

Time to start upgrading my S tank (to think I almost fused him away). I never knew stats could overlap like that. I guess I shouldn't discount S rank now that Limit Break is a thing.

Yeah. I just LB my S tank Mystery King. He's really strong now. I was hesitant to give up two S rank characters for him but he's core to my party. Might as well.

edit: lol.. he has 18k hp now.

Goroh

Combined 6 SS between yesterday and today. Got 4 archers in a row at first, which sucked quite a bit... then got dark lance (pretty good even without taunt) and priest viri <3

At least now i have spare archers to fuse for my fist SSS lol

garath

Combined 6 SS between yesterday and today. Got 4 archers in a row at first, which sucked quite a bit... then got dark lance (pretty good even without taunt) and priest viri <3

At least now i have spare archers to fuse for my fist SSS lol

Viri is awsome. She's my all-star. I've got her to +2 so far.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Viri is awsome. She's my all-star. I've got her to +2 so far.

I just did a comparison here too. My RanRan at MAX+2 is equivalent to a Viri +4. (if you discount her party STA boost at lvl 50)
I'm really digging this limit break bit.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Limit break is something new they patched in today.

You can enhance you allies to the standard max for their grade.

But now you can go +2 past that grade by choosing the limit break option and fusing a character of the same rank. This makes a MAX+2.

Still the standard 10% bonus per +.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Limit break is something new they patched in today.

You can enhance you allies to the standard max for their grade.

But now you can go +2 past that grade by choosing the limit break option and fusing a character of the same rank. This makes a MAX+2.

Still the standard 10% bonus per +.

Can you do this with all tiers? I'm considering doing this with my S Abyss Lance since his defense totally rocks.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Can you do this with all tiers? I'm considering doing this with my S Abyss Lance since his defense totally rocks.

Yes. I would argue it holds the most value in the S tier.
I have done it to my healer and am doing it to a tank (both S tier)

Doing it to SSS tier is insane since you have to kill 2 other SSS characters.
Doing it to the SS tier is a bit crazy since you are losing out on a SSS
Doing it on an S tier is sane because it gives the stats of a mid-max SS but not wasting a whole lot of potential.

Sword Familiar

Yes. I would argue it holds the most value in the S tier.
I have done it to my healer and am doing it to a tank (both S tier)

Doing it to SSS tier is insane since you have to kill 2 other SSS characters.
Doing it to the SS tier is a bit crazy since you are losing out on a SSS
Doing it on an S tier is sane because it gives the stats of a mid-max SS but not wasting a whole lot of potential.

Ok, cool. Thanks.

JigsawX

Ahh so since I currently have a full SS squad than it's not as worth to me than since I would lose out on SSS's units for now than.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Ahh so since I currently have a full SS squad than it's not as worth to me than since I would lose out on SSS's units for now than.

It depends on your SS squad.
I have an SS healer. But he is single target so a MAX+2 S AOE healer is way better.
I have an SS tank, but since she doesn't have taunt a MAX+2 S taunt tank is way better.

This also allows me to combine the SS healer and SS tank for another SSS unit.

Sword Familiar

Would it be too much to ask for a raid party where I'm the only mage? I feel like going breeze mode with auto battle. -_-

Sword Familiar

I don't understand what you mean here...

Mages should time their Salamander's Curse (immobilize/def down/minor dmg) for maximized damage output/minimizing dmg received. If they are both on auto they both open with it, rendering the effects, besides damage, useless for one of them (if the first one is effective). Timing it will up the chance to get SS slightly.

Edit: Just got an SS from pulls. Not exacty what I wanted (Archer Veri), but still pretty satisfied since it was "free".

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Mages should time their Salamander's Curse (immobilize/def down/minor dmg) for maximized damage output/minimizing dmg received. If they are both on auto they both open with it, rendering the effects, besides damage, useless for one of them (if the first one is effective). Timing it will up the chance to get SS slightly.

Edit: Just got an SS from pulls. Not exacty what I wanted (Archer Veri), but still pretty satisfied since it was "free".

Ah, makes sense. Since I'm a mage, I should be doing that. Haven't been paying much attention.

two of the same class both on auto ruins raid mode yeah, it makes things harder then they should be when two tanks both rage and shield stun at the exact same time due to both being in auto mode.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Made my first SS, Sorcerer Murit, a healer. Any good? No AOE heal though.

He is ok. Not a 100% healer though.

He is one of the single target healers that also does damage. Basically have him along with a strong AOE healer and it is a pretty good combo.

JigsawX

It depends on your SS squad.
I have an SS healer. But he is single target so a MAX+2 S AOE healer is way better.
I have an SS tank, but since she doesn't have taunt a MAX+2 S taunt tank is way better.

This also allows me to combine the SS healer and SS tank for another SSS unit.

Current make up is
SS Mahican Marc +MAX
SS Dark Arrow Tarq +4
SS Dark Lance +4
SS Commander Arat +3

Currently a lvl 48 mage with 1st single burst maxed. Thinking of switching over to the AoE ultimate since it seems to be the better spec but I think I would feel bad in raid if I don't do much damage :/

Top Bottom