• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Pejo

Yeah we have a few spots, we've had an insurgence of 20 new members or so in the last 2 weeks. Guild is Absorenity. What's your ign?

Thanks, my in-game name is either Vexid or Vexxid, (i'm not sure if that's your character name or the "account name"), I just applied to Absorenity.

*Edit* - Holy shit, about time they addressed our player characters. The new designs look pretty cool, I hope they are accounting for our current outfits in some way, either by refund or conversion or something. I spent a lot of resources across my characters for costumes. Also, Awakened Warrior looks an awful lot like Oswald from Odin Sphere, like a LOT.

arevin01

Thanks, my in-game name is either Vexid or Vexxid, (i'm not sure if that's your character name or the "account name"), I just applied to Absorenity.

*Edit* - Holy shit, about time they addressed our player characters. The new designs look pretty cool, I hope they are accounting for our current outfits in some way, either by refund or conversion or something. I spent a lot of resources across my characters for costumes. Also, Awakened Warrior looks an awful lot like Oswald from Odin Sphere, like a LOT.

Just told her aannnd youre approved, welcome. =)

arevin01

Using myself as def stance, I dont notice the other atk pallies getting much kills, gonna try dual mag priest again. Or all offense setup like mag priest, dual atk pally, and another mag/rogue.

Using myself as def stance, I dont notice the other atk pallies getting much kills, gonna try dual mag priest again. Or all offense setup like mag priest, dual atk pally, and another mag/rogue.

meh.
I usually run with
warrior def (me), offensive pally, rogue rogue..
OR
pally def (me), rogue, rogue, mage
OR
pally offensive, mag priest (me), rogue, rogue

double rogue served me well in gb :p

arevin01

Got tired of using 3 tank setup because no one seems to die and matches take an eternity, so now I just go all offense with 2 atk pally, either I kill u or u kill me first in the first 10 seconds. Rogues right now are a bit RNG like the sheep, if they don't have their DoD, they become chopped meat and die really early.

Inbachi

Neo Member
I'm not really interested in any of the first 3 busters but I feel like I'll fall too far behind if I don't make one. I decided I'm going for the Rogue buster since I'm lacking in the WB events.

Are any of you all skipping the first wave of busters? If not, which one are you making?

Ventara

I'm not really interested in any of the first 3 busters but I feel like I'll fall too far behind if I don't make one. I decided I'm going for the Rogue buster since I'm lacking in the WB events.

Are any of you all skipping the first wave of busters? If not, which one are you making?

I'm making rogue, too. It's a great choice for WB (and most everything, really). If we follow a similar schedule to the Korean release, it'll be the meta DPS for Golem and Hydra for around 6 months.

KimChi

I'll be going for Archer Buster, I have no idea what its good at but its just convenient since i have Bloodwing and Llywelyn ULT-ed atm.

Uff have no ult archer...
For me ti would make more sense warrior buster (storm bear and gaela already there) while i have no rogue deified..
But we'll see

yamo

I'm not close to getting any buster. Only have one of each deify type, except rogue which I have none.

Think I might wait for the incanter or paladin busters

Pejo

I'm going all in for the rogue buster, I've been prepared since Hellhawk dropped (all 3 rogues ult, plus the essences and money). After that I won't be getting another one until Incanter though (maybe mage if I decide to make Bliss Foxy for Arena).

Last night I was getting some ally space and combined for a Shabelle, which I was really happy about. Isn't she one of the better awakened priests for next season?

Also, need some advice: What's the current meta for Lab? Last week I was able to get top 10% with Pally, DDC, Bear, Blackaria, DBS as my main team, mainly ULT rogues and Belle Snow as helpers. This week I got just shy because I forgot to do "serious" runs where I'm watching rez scrolls last night before I passed out.

I feel like Lab has the best weekly rewards, so I'm really interested in Maxing out my efforts there.

KimChi

Wow, finally noticed the difference from 2x CDR on priest and ravengale for WB I pretty much doubled my score on hydra, got 124mil.
Now I need to work on a dps for Golem lol.

So you're going to skip the first wave then, KimChi?
The first wave is only healer, warrior, and rogue busters then? had no idea lol
As you can tell I havent bothered to look up buster info.
I'm going all in for the rogue buster, I've been prepared since Hellhawk dropped (all 3 rogues ult, plus the essences and money). After that I won't be getting another one until Incanter though (maybe mage if I decide to make Bliss Foxy for Arena).

Last night I was getting some ally space and combined for a Shabelle, which I was really happy about. Isn't she one of the better awakened priests for next season?

Also, need some advice: What's the current meta for Lab? Last week I was able to get top 10% with Pally, DDC, Bear, Blackaria, DBS as my main team, mainly ULT rogues and Belle Snow as helpers. This week I got just shy because I forgot to do "serious" runs where I'm watching rez scrolls last night before I passed out.

I feel like Lab has the best weekly rewards, so I'm really interested in Maxing out my efforts there.

Apparently the Mage Buster is pretty meh, from what I've read on reddit anyway so you may want to avoid it. Shabelle is a keeper, especially for Awaken, even now she is still good as a lab helper since she is basically a revive scroll.

What wave can you reach in lab?
Going by your lab party it looks like you are lacking dps, DBS isnt good enough by herself. Either swap out DDC for another dps unit or keep the same party and use Sheep Ult mage+Meteor if you have a mage. Mages are ranking pretty high in lab. I heard Gaela is Meta for Lab, Kymael is definitely helpful for her revive on death as well though I don't think you wanna make her since falcon and margritte might release next week and they might be a lot better for lab.

My party for Lab is the following:
Pally, Stormbear(ULT), DBA(ULT), Llywelyn(ULT), DBS(ULT)
Noble Chivalary Formation
Helpers: Kymael and Shabelle are my only note worthy ones.
I can get up to wave 96 and that gets me around 3% in ranking. I've yet to try sheep mage since I still need to gear mine.

Pejo

Wow, finally noticed the difference from 2x CDR on priest and ravengale for WB I pretty much doubled my score on hydra, got 124mil.
Now I need to work on a dps for Golem lol.

The first wave is only healer, warrior, and rogue busters then? had no idea lol
As you can tell I havent bothered to look up buster info.

Apparently the Mage Buster is pretty meh, from what I've read on reddit anyway so you may want to avoid it. Shabelle is a keeper, especially for Awaken, even now she is still good as a lab helper since she is basically a revive scroll.

What wave can you reach in lab?
Going by your lab party it looks like you are lacking dps, DBS isnt good enough by herself. Either swap out DDC for another dps unit or keep the same party and use Sheep Ult mage+Meteor if you have a mage. Mages are ranking pretty high in lab. I heard Gaela is Meta for Lab, Kymael is definitely helpful for her revive on death as well though I don't think you wanna make her since falcon and margritte might release next week and they might be a lot better for lab.

My party for Lab is the following:
Pally, Stormbear(ULT), DBA(ULT), Llywelyn(ULT), DBS(ULT)
Noble Chivalary Formation
Helpers: Kymael and Shabelle are my only note worthy ones.
I can get up to wave 96 and that gets me around 3% in ranking. I've yet to try sheep mage since I still need to gear mine.

Thanks for the tips! If I'm intently watching scroll cooldowns and getting lucky on Storm Bear's invincibility skill, I can make it to wave 91. I always completely forget about formations, and have never used any other than the beginner/xp increase formation. I should really change that.

My mage is 83 but has really awful gear. I can definitely see how sheeping + AoE can help a ton in the RNG that high level Lab becomes. I do like the ability to switch to temporary healer/shielder, and party buffs as pally though.

Looking at your comp compared to mine, I find that I really have poor AoE damage in general. I was hoping that Magritte addresses that a bit, but maybe I should finally give in and create a deity archer.

arevin01

Vent I'm surprised you got to 4k in arena within only a few days, I know that isn't easily done, did you auto or manually chose your opp?

Ventara

Vent I'm surprised you got to 4k in arena within only a few days, I know that isn't easily done, did you auto or manually chose your opp?

Manually, though I still lost my combo twice. I noticed that the rewards for top 50 and 1% was big (like almost 100 rubies) while the point difference was only a few hundred, so I figured I'd go for it.

There's no way I can auto it. Looking at the people who fought me, all I see are losses, when usually I get about 50% wins.

Inbachi

Neo Member
What's your arena team, Vent? I keep seeing people say "arena is easy to rank high in, you just have to pick your opponents and spam tickets". Once I get to about 5% though, there's nobody I can beat no matter how many times I refresh so I don't feel like that saying is true.

I've finished in the 1% bracket once; I'm usually around 4%.

Ventara

What's your arena team, Vent? I keep seeing people say "arena is easy to rank high in, you just have to pick your opponents and spam tickets". Once I get to about 5% though, there's nobody I can beat no matter how many times I refresh so I don't feel like that saying is true.

I've finished in the 1% bracket once; I'm usually around 4%.

The thing is, you absolutely HAVE to do it on day one. Probably in the morning when not many have joined. And you don't need a lot of tickets. 200 is probably enough for top 50 if you don't break your combo. You also need to refresh a TON. Who shows up is all based on RNG. If they're within 50 ranks of you, there's a decent chance they'll show up eventually. Though if you're relying on one guy, this will be frustrating. Just memorize the names of about 5 guys who you can beat and are ranked close to you and keep refreshing until they show up. Another thing is to look at who challenges you. If you notice someone who has lost 2 or more times to you, they're probably an opponent you can beat (though you still need to use your own judgement).

Anyways, my team is Paladin, Kymael, Blackaria, Mikaela, Hellhawk and Shabelle as helper.

Edit: Just as an example of the importance of doing it day one, right now, I can no longer raise my score. The number of guys who I can beat within my range is down to 1. I have to rely on people getting screwed over by RNG when facing me to keep my score, and hope it's enough to get me top 50.

Inbachi

Neo Member
I usually am able to participate right after arena resets but I still have the same problem. I'll give the rest of what you said a try though, especially about looking at who has challenged me.

Is Mikaela good for arena? I've never paid much attention to her but just made her a few days ago solely in preparation for the rogue buster. I use a Paladin, Ult Blackaria, Ult Hawk, Ult Fryderyk, Max Bear, and Max Kymael as helper. Think I'd do better if I replaced Fryd or Bear with her?

I'll be changing my team up once the rest of the Boden's arrive anyway.

Ventara

I usually am able to participate right after arena resets but I still have the same problem. I'll give the rest of what you said a try though, especially about looking at who has challenged me.

Is Mikaela good for arena? I've never paid much attention to her but just made her a few days ago solely in preparation for the rogue buster. I use a Paladin, Ult Blackaria, Ult Hawk, Ult Fryderyk, Max Bear, and Max Kymael as helper. Think I'd do better if I replaced Fryd or Bear with her?

I'll be changing my team up once the rest of the Boden's arrive anyway.

I think you would do better with Mikaela in your team. If you're getting Falcon, think about Ult'ing Kym and swapping her and Mikaela for Fry and Bear. And then maybe put Fry or Shabelle (if you have her) as helper. Then, once you get Falcon, Kym goes back to helper. But I don't have Fry or Bear, so my basis is just based on how I feel I do against them in Arena.

arevin01

I think you would do better with Mikaela in your team. If you're getting Falcon, think about Ult'ing Kym and swapping her and Mikaela for Fry and Bear. And then maybe put Fry or Shabelle (if you have her) as helper. Then, once you get Falcon, Kym goes back to helper. But I don't have Fry or Bear, so my basis is just based on how I feel I do against them in Arena.

haha, you remind me of the times I got to top 50 with no blackaria, quite the achievement to make it to top 50 with no SB, arena meta now is bliss foxy and all those priest with epic heals, hard to beat them

Oh boy GB would be great if my guild actually had something else than paladins :)

We have 0 guidance priests
1 taunt warrior without gems and non maxed items
0 archers

In the end I resorted to using
-mage (me 1/10/11)
-mage (1/11/1)
- paladin (10/11/10)
- paladin (10/1/11)

at least most battles end in <10 seconds :D

Crzy1

Damn, keep getting demolished on round 98 in lab. Every time I get past 97 without Greysoul killing someone, I get bad timing on Berserkers's Promise and Storm Bear goes down before I can get a scroll off. Might need a second DPS, but have gotten used to Kymael helping to keep my team up. Think I'll try with my pally in damage stance a time or two, just takes so long to get back there without skipping. :p

Glad to see the second wave is inbound, I won't be able to get Magritte day one, but at least I have a pally ready for Falcon.

uff limit is 89 lab on auto, but i really don't see any additional rewards worth pushing for, lest i manage to increase substantially and get more rubies..
SO!
it's either hydra or golem..
i'm going for hydra..
getting draco bloodwind..
my available team will be
max bear
ult blackaria
ult brightspark
ult gaela
max (or ult) bloodwind

anyone else i should try to get to raise my hydra score along with bloodwind??

i have an yvante max that will get me marg next month i guess..

halp me gaf!

Woo Margaret! I'm ready and waiting!

is she gonna be THAT better than ravengale?
and do we have info about how to gear her from kr like ravengale? (for example we know for ravengale what stat are shared or not with her summon.. do we have a similar information for margr?)

is this a joke?
i'm now sitting on +3 on archer..
and i have 3 upcoming sss, two of which will go on the archer to get bloodwind..
i'll not manage to get 3 more on top of those by next week update, so no nothing for me?
at least do we have the 1+1 event?
if we do i might plunge those 4k rubies and get the sss...

If you have SS fodder it should be easy

I've been burning few hundreds shoes each evening (200-400) and I was Maxing at least one SS each day.

Limit

is she gonna be THAT better than ravengale?
and do we have info about how to gear her from kr like ravengale? (for example we know for ravengale what stat are shared or not with her summon.. do we have a similar information for margr?)

Use int for marg.

Salamande

3 in a row. In addition to the 2 I already had.

nwJJidJ.jpg
Sorry Fulson, but I'm just not that into you. Come back when I can Awaken you.

Uthred

Are people holding onto units for later awakening? Feels like theres less and less fully fodder SSS units (apart from dupes of course, used to be hoping for new SSS, now I'm almost hoping for dupes)

Miragith

I'd say it's definitely not worth it to save just for awakened allies that are months off. You can enhance your team to get better scores = more rubies. Just stockpile as many rubies as you can for 1+1. We haven't even gotten dragon busters yet.

Ventara

It's worth it if you have a good enough team already. I mean, with RNG, you never know when you'll pull that same unit again, even if you have months. Unless you're still building your team or in desperate need of fodder SSS, I'd save specific units I plan to Awaken.

KimChi

Are people holding onto units for later awakening? Feels like theres less and less fully fodder SSS units (apart from dupes of course, used to be hoping for new SSS, now I'm almost hoping for dupes)

I was, but thinking about it now you likely won't be awakening every hero ally and grabbing their dark soul. They are many months away atm and apparently in Korea they did give some ally selection tickets so keeping 1-2 set of hero allies to awaken and grab dark soul is ok I guess. Anymore than that is taking up ally space and halts your current progress unless your satisfied with what you have now.

I say 1-2 sets cause ive got belle, yvante, whay (Incanter Dark Soul) which im keeping for sure and windlune, tinuvian, rollo (Archer Dark Soul) who i might fodder, not sure yet T_T

Edit: I do have a bunch of other hero ally that i will be foddering though, those 6 are the ones I've only decided to save atm so eh lol

Uthred

I was, but thinking about it now you likely won't be awakening every hero ally and grabbing their dark soul. They are many months away atm and apparently in Korea they did give some ally selection tickets so keeping 1-2 set of hero allies to awaken and grab dark soul is ok I guess. Anymore than that is taking up ally space and halts your current progress unless your satisfied with what you have now.

I say 1-2 sets cause ive got belle, yvante, whay (Incanter Dark Soul) which im keeping for sure and windlune, tinuvian, rollo (Archer Dark Soul) who i might fodder, not sure yet T_T

Yeah I might just hold onto one or two sets, as you say they do take up space. Been waiting for Margaret and Falcon for so long I've forgotten what they're for ;). Margaret for WB and Falcon replaces Kyamel for basically everything?

my main lab team is already full ult..
and i can auto lab to 86-89, so i can safely say i'm good to go :L

I'm building deity for other activities now (wb... as for gb i can just cherry pick and obtain good result even with my lab team)

I'm keeping Gram, Mercedes, Shabelle, Tinuvian, Windlune and Rollo.

So that's only 6 SSS but I'm already safe for one Dark Soul and 2/3 of next one :)

Top Bottom