• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Can it roll main atribute?

I never got one when raiding lvl 83 so I gave up.

Also are stats at +8 still better than U gear +9 ?
but even then...
I'm a bit hesitant about re-doing all my gear for all chars..
if (when) we get the linked gear it will be a MUCH less cumbersome process..

Takuan

I'm not sure I understand. You're saying that when you yourself go to salvage items, you don't get any points from salvaging?
Yup! It's like, I see a flicker of movement on the bar but it just resets to its original position and the numerical value doesn't change at all. I guess it's a bug.

Rize_21

Yup! It's like, I see a flicker of movement on the bar but it just resets to its original position and the numerical value doesn't change at all. I guess it's a bug.

How many points do you currently have on that bar?
edit:eek:h so you have Komodo Wings, just tap the 'salvage' icon 2 times to obtain a random A-SSS jewel( it's an A jewel most of the time anyway >_>), then you'll get a new bar filled with what you added, it's one jewel for 30 000 points at a time, a pop up message will appear saying to get your jewel first if you try to salvage more, iirc you can't go over 45 000 points.

arevin01

Finally got Dual CDR on Falcon and my score increased from 121mil last week to 313mil this week on Hydra. With my setup, my team has near invincibility with about 1-2 secs of downtime.

I got 386 Millions this week compared to 125 previously :)

I used following team:

Priest - 2x CDR
Falcon
Belle Snow - 1x CDR
Ravengale - 1x CDR
DBS
helper DBA (with 1x CDR)

Still ended few places behind top 50.

arevin01

I used following team:

Priest - 2x CDR
Falcon
Belle Snow - 1x CDR
Ravengale - 1x CDR
DBS
helper DBA (with 1x CDR)

I dunno where u get your dps from if you have both raven and belle lol, I'll try that lineup see if I do better.

I dunno where u get your dps from if you have both raven and belle lol, I'll try that lineup see if I do better.

I was shocked too :) I started with Gaella in dps slot since she has 27k total attack with U str card but that ended with 260-280 millions.

But thinking about it it makes sense.

I gave Belle my main character mage staff and offhand so she ended with 17k total attack, I have SS boss card equiped on her so effective attack is in 25k range.

Then she has splash damage on her normal attack so that's solid multiplier to her damage on hydra. Then she has her buffs - normally she only had 50% uptime for them but CDR solves that problem so we get 1,35 modifier to attack of whole team most of the time.

And she also has her summon which adds damage and more importantly with some RNG luck can stack even more buffs.

Raven is similar - no aoe but she also increases attack speed which stacks with CDR and in turn gives more buffs from Priest, Belle and Raven herself.

I don't have proper dps deity outside of DBS but they would need to do really lot dmg to compensate lack of one of multipliers on whole team (altrough in case of DBW he has aoe damage and team buff too).

Ventara

Finally got Dual CDR on Falcon and my score increased from 121mil last week to 313mil this week on Hydra. With my setup, my team has near invincibility with about 1-2 secs of downtime.

Damn. I can't even break 200M. Hoping once I get Mag I'll fair a bit better.

I used following team:

Priest - 2x CDR
Falcon
Belle Snow - 1x CDR
Ravengale - 1x CDR
DBS
helper DBA (with 1x CDR)

idontbelieveyou.gif

You need to survive a really long time with that team, and I don't see how that can happen without Falcon having double CDR.

KimChi

I only scored like 25 mil earlier today. I'd switch to archer, but I don't want to grind to 86 :\

damn I need to step up my game, only get 31million on hydra as best.

Easily the first thing you guys can do to start increasing your Hydra and Golem score is make a priest and do a magnify build.

I was shocked too :) I started with Gaella in dps slot since she has 27k total attack with U str card but that ended with 260-280 millions.

But thinking about it it makes sense.

I gave Belle my main character mage staff and offhand so she ended with 17k total attack, I have SS boss card equiped on her so effective attack is in 25k range.

Then she has splash damage on her normal attack so that's solid multiplier to her damage on hydra. Then she has her buffs - normally she only had 50% uptime for them but CDR solves that problem so we get 1,35 modifier to attack of whole team most of the time.

And she also has her summon which adds damage and more importantly with some RNG luck can stack even more buffs.

Raven is similar - no aoe but she also increases attack speed which stacks with CDR and in turn gives more buffs from Priest, Belle and Raven herself.

I don't have proper dps deity outside of DBS but they would need to do really lot dmg to compensate lack of one of multipliers on whole team (altrough in case of DBW he has aoe damage and team buff too).
I saw someone post about using belle on reddit for hydra and it made a lot of sense when I thought about it, cause her auto attack is splash. Also saw a mention that DBW > Lly apparently cause DBW auto attack is also splash which make sense cause it makes it even stronger with Falcon passive. Gonna have to gear Belle now too D:

Also, what formation are you using, I assume Incredible Concentration? I need to level that formation up too >.>

I did score 225mil on hydra so far today, way happy with the boost from 124mil scored last week.
I used Fire All at One formation
Priest(2x cdr), LLy, DBW, Falcon(2x cdr), Ravengale(2x cdr) helper Kymael.

Edit: although I still think Lly > DBW in hydra though he has a crit damage buff.. meh lol

arevin01

Easily the first thing you guys can do to start increasing your Hydra and Golem score is make a priest and do a magnify build.

I saw someone post about using belle on reddit for hydra and it made a lot of sense when I thought about it, cause her auto attack is splash. Also saw a mention that DBW > Lly apparently cause DBW auto attack is also splash which make sense cause it makes it even stronger with Falcon passive. Gonna have to gear Belle now too D:

Also, what formation are you using, I assume Incredible Concentration? I need to level that formation up too >.>

I did score 225mil on hydra so far today, way happy with the boost from 124mil scored last week.
I used Fire All at One formation
Priest(2x cdr), LLy, DBW, Falcon(2x cdr), Ravengale(2x cdr) helper Kymael.

Edit: although I still think Lly > DBW in hydra though he has a crit damage buff.. meh lol

You need to use DBA for helper, used at the right time and she should net you around 50 more million.

I remember it took me weeks to ever reach 1M points barier :)

Yes. And it will only get better as level cap increases.

Fire all at One crit damage bonus devaluates as we reach higher and higher gear while 52% attack boost scales perfectly.

You need to use DBA for helper, used at the right time and she should net you around 50 more million.

Yep she gives huge boost.

Whizkid7

I remember it took me weeks to ever reach 1M points barier :)

Fire all at One crit damage bonus devaluates as we reach higher and higher gear while 52% attack boost scales perfectly.

Urf, yeah, that's probably my biggest barrier is I'm still using Fire All At One. Leveling a new formation just takes so long...

yamo

Cool, i'll try and level my priest. Is it the addition of CDR that has made magnify priests so strong? I thought that paladin was basically the best character for all modes. :3

Cool, i'll try and level my priest. Is it the addition of CDR that has made magnify priests so strong? I thought that paladin was basically the best character for all modes. :3

Yes - Paladin was better since his boost was up all the time while Magnify had huge cooldown - CDR makes it possible to have it up all the time.

And people on reddit suggest it's stacking with itself so you can have 2x Magnify at the same time.

KimChi

Yup CDR is the reason for the priest being so good for WB now.
What I've noticed anyway is with 2x cdr on priest and ravengale combined its usually enough to recast magnify when its about to end. So, its possible to have magnify on the whole battle, it just isn't guaranteed though.

vato_loco

Thank you so much for the help you have me during all these months, guys. I'm done with this game. I can't bring myself to like it anymore, much less put time in it. Even with the new things, it was just so much that I was overwhelmed. I made myself a... whatever the name of the new Incanter is, ULT'd it, ULT'd Llywelyn because she deserved it, and that's it.

I'll probably just uninstall the game and come back later if I miss it, but even going in for the dailies is a chore.

Thank you and have fun!

arevin01

vent, get on line app! we have aria and kimchi here as well, krup, vander, inbachi, or anybody in the guild , u too if you want! Just look for my id and add me, or you can give me yours

line id: kingsuki24

Hello DB-Gaf!

I've been lurking for a while(playing for 2 months now on my S6) and recently started making my way to the top thanks to all the advices here and on reddit!
I'm playing on the EU side, ready to ult Falcon and Magritte with some sweet U atk speed card and U int card respectively, at the moment and IF gb would have closed at the expected time, my guild would have been in the top 5% for the second week, it's still a mystery if we'll be able to keep it until maintenance( hoping it will resets here), we're currently at 298,965 points.

If anyone's interested to join, recruitments are open(43/50 at the moment), you'll need to pm Sixtime in game, there's no crazy requirements like 'get 10k gb pts per week or kick', and it's quite international in there, it would be cool to have some gaffers in it, my ign is RizeKiem by the way, so feel free to add me as a friend :).

alba what's the usual position in the rank?
I'm thinking of switching guild :X mine is pretty much dead...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Decided to start since Monster Strike died. Shied away from all the auto battlers, but pretty interesting systems so far.

Rize_21

alba what's the usual position in the rank?
I'm thinking of switching guild :X mine is pretty much dead...

In guild battle we're currently #30, the first week of the new gb we made it to top 1%(thanks to the bonus), and last week we were in the top 5% :).
Now people have to catch up with the level increase so there's a bit less registered gbers than before, but otherwise it's pretty active, the guild master is an ex member of Game Over and helps a lot everyone.

edit: speaking of help/information about Dragon Blaze, there's a youtuber named Supercoolestgeek who does a lot of videos about it, his channel is a must see for everyone who's starting or want to know more about DB, he's started streaming on YT for a few weeks too.

yamo

In guild battle we're currently #30, the first week of the new gb we made it to top 1%(thanks to the bonus), and last week we were in the top 5% :).
Now people have to catch up with the level increase so there's a bit less registered gbers than before, but otherwise it's pretty active, the guild master is an ex member of Game Over and helps a lot everyone.

Is there still any room left in the guild? Thinking of moving guild as well as mine is more or less dead at the moment.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dark [Knonk] Gnoll (C), Turq (S)?, Azur (S), Rutar (C), Mara (SS)
lina-tsun.gif

Hero is Priest/Mage. Have 2 more Class SSS to burn. Tank would be nice I think? Don't want to have 3 warriors though really. I have a good set of items for an SSS Rogue if I get a good one and could fit in another mage?

I'd try warrior - getting paladin is most important and any dps warrior will be better than Dark Gnoll

Hmm but I'm having weird problem with Shari ? I was thinking Falcon will be huge boost but he is doing nothing ?
Even with 2 CDR items.

Limit

I'd try warrior - getting paladin is most important and any dps warrior will be better than Dark Gnoll

Hmm but I'm having weird problem with Shari ? I was thinking Falcon will be huge boost but he is doing nothing ?
Even with 2 CDR items.

Falcon is a bust there for me as well. I'm guessing either falcon doesn't buff atk of hero allies that join you or that the main damage that hero allies do is not off their basic attacks. Falcon's shield isn't much help either because the turtle mostly kills you by putting that bleeding curse on your allies. And an invulnerability shield isn't going to do crap against that.

You can luck off quite big with Marg's summons. Called kymael as my team was on the verge of death. Insta extra revival cycle added.

I'll check that next week - just one SSS more to get Marg :) Kymael would probably do wonders but my curse of no paladins still continues.

And after that probably it would be smart to start collecting SSS for Warrior Buster since it will be wave one.

Crzy1

Falcon is a bust there for me as well. I'm guessing either falcon doesn't buff atk of hero allies that join you or that the main damage that hero allies do is not off their basic attacks. Falcon's shield isn't much help either because the turtle mostly kills you by putting that bleeding curse on your allies. And an invulnerability shield isn't going to do crap against that.

You can luck off quite big with Marg's summons. Called kymael as my team was on the verge of death. Insta extra revival cycle added.

Best rounds I've had is going as heavy tank and healer/rezzer as possible. Healbot priest, Blackaria, Storm Bear, Kymael and Gaela with Shabelle as a helper. A good Blackaria/Kymael resurrection chain can keep your team up for a really long time (Edit: And dying gets rid of the bleed). If I had Farrah I'd try her as well. From the sound of things, Fryderyk can wipe his damage buff in the Korean version, but can't for whatever reason on the international version. Best I've done today is 117 million (currently rank 34), I can probably do better, but waiting until later to use the rest of my retries.

For shari next week i think i'll be Rolling:
Priest
Gaela
Storm bear
Black aria
Margr

I finished gearing my +max bloodwind with the usual 4u+2 and i managed to get decent gear quite easily...
This week shari was a dud..
Closed at 49mil..
Oh well..
I'd love to get kymael to do a
Kymael, shabelle, blackaria decked towards survivabilty, but i don't have enough sss fodder..
Rolled today grahm..
Now potentially i have all three members of the warrior dark soul in their non-awakened form...

Crzy1

Well, best I did was 132 million this week. Priest, Blackaria, Storm Bear, Kymael and Falcon with Shabelle helping. Falcon's shield is pretty handy for staying alive through all the aoe damage, made the bleed much more manageable. Edit: Wish my Shabelle was a bit more resilient, could probably have called her again towards the end if she didn't die, may look into ulting her.

arevin01

Well, best I did was 132 million this week. Priest, Blackaria, Storm Bear, Kymael and Falcon with Shabelle helping. Falcon's shield is pretty handy for staying alive through all the aoe damage, made the bleed much more manageable. Edit: Wish my Shabelle was a bit more resilient, could probably have called her again towards the end if she didn't die, may look into ulting her.

Pirest was ULT heal spec and noble formation?

Crzy1

Pirest was ULT heal spec and noble formation?

10/0/10+1 6/0/11/11 Just my GB guidance build (guidance does nothing in the fight except a little extra defense) and yeah, noble chiv rank 30. Everyone Ult except Falcon and Shabelle. My Blackaria has about 200k HP, Kymael is around 240k and Storm Bear has 370k and an ult damage reduction card, the bleed seems to kill him through Berserker's Promise, though. No CDR on anyone, too lazy to farm.

The main thing is that Aria needs to die before Kymael and have her rez active so she can immediately or at least quickly get Kymael back in the fight, if she rezzes, then dies and Kymael dies, my team usually all goes down before her rez is ready again (people she rezzes sometimes get instantly killed from bleed being applied at a bad time, though). I save Shabelle for when SB is making his final stand, he takes a while to kill regardless. Most Wings of Resurrection I've gotten is 4 in one attempt and 1 Shabelle rez, after a while the Varmans get obliterated almost as soon as they're resurrected, though.

My scores aren't that consistent, though, I'm relying on about half luck. After 100 million things start to fall apart quickly, mainly from the Varman not being able to stay alive. The priest formation might work well if I had Farrah as well, her HoT could probably counter the bleed really well. But I don't have her, and she's not a deify I'm planning right now, so I can't test it.

Farrah heal would probably be dispelled instantly since Shari removes buffs.

But she gives 10% dmg reduction to whole team and I wonder if her auto attacks clear Shari damage over time.

Salamande

Guild battles take so...long...to finish now. Watching four Paladins drop big golden fists on each other for five minutes is not fun at all.

RNG goddess was smiling upon me today :)

As I runned out of S fodder to max Margaret I made some platinum summons and from 3xSS->SSS ticket got:

second Paladin in 5 months of playing :)

Also I finally cleared whole 110 floors of lab thanks to Falcon (place is not updated on screencap only score)

arevin01

10/0/10+1 6/0/11/11 Just my GB guidance build (guidance does nothing in the fight except a little extra defense) and yeah, noble chiv rank 30. Everyone Ult except Falcon and Shabelle. My Blackaria has about 200k HP, Kymael is around 240k and Storm Bear has 370k and an ult damage reduction card, the bleed seems to kill him through Berserker's Promise, though. No CDR on anyone, too lazy to farm.

The main thing is that Aria needs to die before Kymael and have her rez active so she can immediately or at least quickly get Kymael back in the fight, if she rezzes, then dies and Kymael dies, my team usually all goes down before her rez is ready again (people she rezzes sometimes get instantly killed from bleed being applied at a bad time, though). I save Shabelle for when SB is making his final stand, he takes a while to kill regardless. Most Wings of Resurrection I've gotten is 4 in one attempt and 1 Shabelle rez, after a while the Varmans get obliterated almost as soon as they're resurrected, though.

Yeah I tried that setup, only problem is Kymael doesn't survive when DBA dies, so I guess you need to gear Kymael really well for this to work.

Nice michaelius, I still struggle with floor 100 because GS keeps instakill my party so cant revive them.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Went from bottom barrel warriors to pulling Shabelle from a random SSS, got Ari from Warrior/Paladin, then spent 800 and got Yvante and Lyra

Now I just need gear for everyone.

*Then 1800 down the drain and Combines for Dark Gnarl, Dark Knife Freyd, ...but last one was Mercedes. Weird since I have Shabelle already.

KimChi

Didn't really consider it till I actually looked up the order the busters are releasing.

Wave 1: Warrior, Priest, Rogue

Wave 2: Archer, Paladin

Wave 3: Mage, Incanter

I'm actually at 2/3 of the way for both archer and paladin buster right now. Is the paladin buster better than the archer buster?
If so I'm thinking of making howl next cause my arena team can't compete with all these damn hellhawks around 5-10%. Just the fact some of the teams have hawk giving them a clutch win against my team ticks me off soo much when its 5 v 1 -_-
I also hope Howl can actually deal with Hawk if anyone knows lol, havent really seen much posted about Howl.

yamo

Any recommendations on what stance that is best, as a Paladin, when doing Labyrinth?

I've got a 10, 10+1, 10 build.

Crzy1

Didn't really consider it till I actually looked up the order the busters are releasing.

Wave 1: Warrior, Priest, Rogue

Wave 2: Archer, Paladin

Wave 3: Mage, Incanter

I'm actually at 2/3 of the way for both archer and paladin buster right now. Is the paladin buster better than the archer buster?
If so I'm thinking of making howl next cause my arena team can't compete with all these damn hellhawks around 5-10%. Just the fact some of the teams have hawk giving them a clutch win against my team ticks me off soo much when its 5 v 1 -_-
I also hope Howl can actually deal with Hawk if anyone knows lol, havent really seen much posted about Howl.

My Fryderyk makes quick work of pretty much every Shadowhawk I come across (around 500% crit damage). There are some that have him geared well enough to not get demolished by heavy AoE damage, but not many. My group is tanky anyway, have never seen him kill my Storm Bear, so most of the time I end up with a draw if I can't kill him (really god damned annoying when he steals berserker's promise, though). It is funny to see teams in the top 10% with Hawk as the only deify and him being +ultimate while the rest of the team isn't even +max. There really aren't that many good counters to him beyond just landing some big hits in quick succession, though. My Gaela can usually 1 shot him with Speed of Light, but he's only ever open to get hit with it for a split second every 20 seconds.

Haven't come across Howl much, but that kill after 10 seconds would probably kill Hawk if he unvanished long enough for him to cast it on him, but he's damned near invincible against single target damage or effects.

Rize_21

Any recommendations on what stance that is best, as a Paladin, when doing Labyrinth?

I've got a 10, 10+1, 10 build.

You want to stay in burst stance, I can reach floor 97 with him, I don't have Bear, but having Falcon is quite comfortable for lab at the moment, everything is Miss or OS at this stage, imo the defensive stance isn't worth it.

There's something that I don't get with the helper slot in arena, I have Bliss Foxy that used to be part of my main team before 2nd wave's bodens, and I don't see her controlling any enemy, the aoe and foxes? yes, but the second skill, not at all, especially knowing that it's a skill that doesn't miss nor cannot be dispelled :/.

yamo

You want to stay in burst stance, I can reach floor 97 with him, I don't have Bear, but having Falcon is quite comfortable for lab at the moment, everything is Miss or OS at this stage, imo the defensive stance isn't worth it.

There's something that I don't get with the helper slot in arena, I have Bliss Foxy that used to be part of my main team before 2nd wave's bodens, and I don't see her controlling any enemy, the aoe and foxes? yes, but the second skill, not at all, especially knowing that it's a skill that doesn't miss nor cannot be dispelled :/.

Thanks, i'll try and stay in burst and see if it helps anything.

Getting to 95 as best myself. If I happen to survive lvl 94 half of my team is usually not resurrectable thanks to Greysoul.

GJ on top 5% in GB btw! Thought I would recieve an armour costume but only got a cape. :(

Getting to 95 as best myself. If I happen to survive lvl 94 half of my team is usually not resurrectable thanks to Greysoul.

GJ on top 5% in GB btw! Thought I would recieve an armour costume but only got a cape. :(

One good trick is to summon big dps ally just a moment before Greysoul level since it's quite easy to one shot him.

I use DBS for that

Rize_21

Thanks! yeah I registered my guidance priest Nekoden for Guild Battle, it seems that there's some serious GBers in here :) so far I only got guild weapons, luckily I chose a new hero everytime so everything's new, hope it'll change for the next week though( because yes, that reward is random - weapon/armor/cape - and its stats are really bad compared with the ones in shop and arena shop( it's irrevelant I know, but still :p ).

Greysoul is definitively a problem, I use the AOE's formation - protection of Heavens - to run Lab, because right after GS comes Ravengale (floor 97), and usually it's a full OS from here if her summons don't get obliterated right at the start. :/
If Busters weren't coming so soon, I'd make Tracy for the 18% attack speed buff party she gets with Margaret, maybe once done with Judge Shadow Howl and Kymael though( which should take 5 or 6 weeks for the Ultimate state)... too bad we didn't get SSS allies this month as 5 days reward but 500k gold instead.

arevin01

Vent, taunt warriors are old meta, atk pallys are new metas, my pally is a killing machine now. Th idea now is get as much burst as possible.

jlgwxAj.png

Top Bottom