• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Whizkid7

I've been consistently over 40M with a team of warrior main, DBA, Bear, Kymael and Fryd on the new world boss. Shabelle helper just for extra revive. Kymael's shield seems really helpful in keeping the NPCS alive. Should probably ULT her to improve that (only at MAX right now).

arevin01

it might have been just luck but tried 2 times with 10/0/11 priest. 1st try 96mil, 2nd try 76mil. Ran out of tries after that.

priest/kym/ddc/sb/dba/shab helper
noble form

Ventara

Used Noble Chivalry with Paladin, Kymael, Blackaria, Gram, Tiel and Shabelle as helper. Got 66 million, which I'm hoping is enough to keep me in top 5%. Still got a few more tries, so I'll play around between Paladin and Priest. Tiel seems to die rather quickly, though I don't have anyone to replace her with.

it might have been just luck but tried 2 times with 10/0/11 priest. 1st try 96mil, 2nd try 76mil. Ran out of tries after that.

priest/kym/ddc/sb/dba/shab helper
noble form

Whoah, that's a great score! Is that top 50? It's definitely top 1%. Gonna copy your build for my second priest skillset and try it out.

Edit: Can't see your build. Is it 10/0/11, 4/0/11/11?

Edit 2: Went with that. Was able to get 81 million, which just might be enough to get me top 1%. If it does, this would be the very first time I'll get top 1% in any WB since the game began.

Uthred

~70 Deus Ex Ragnarok and no CDR on anything, get the feeling this will take a while. Oh well at least basically every SSS I might ever use has 4 rag+2 dark now ;)

arevin01

Whoah, that's a great score! Is that top 50? It's definitely top 1%. Gonna copy your build for my second priest skillset and try it out.

Edit: Can't see your build. Is it 10/0/11, 4/0/11/11?

Edit 2: Went with that. Was able to get 81 million, which just might be enough to get me top 1%. If it does, this would be the very first time I'll get top 1% in any WB since the game began.

81 still good score. What was your setup? My priest has 2 CDR. Guidance skill though doesn't seem to work on auto, must be manual click. And people say you can't debuff the dot dmg from Shari. I think I could have pushed for 150mil+ if I switch out some allies.

EDIT:Next week, I'll replace DDC with raven using mag priest. I see someone with this setup get 150mil+. RNG is also at play on when Kym is able to revive party.

question..
i'm missing kymael, but i've got both ari and tiel +max, ready for falcon and for kymael (as a lower priority)..
I got a dupe ari..
should i keep him for the eventual paladin buster or?

arevin01

question..
i'm missing kymael, but i've got both ari and tiel +max, ready for falcon and for kymael (as a lower priority)..
I got a dupe ari..

Howl, kym, and falcon are for pally buster. Save Tiel for awaken if you wish.

arevin01

There isn't a pally buster yet, I think there will be one.

CDR makes big diff in gb as well. Recent run.

CMc3x9a.png

Crzy1

question..
I got a dupe ari..

I got a duplicate Ari today and foddered her. Anything she'd be useful for is too far in the distance to worry about right now.

It's also my understanding that you don't lose allies making Dragon Busters or Dark Souls, just need the requisite essences.

Edit: Anyone know if there's an ally enhance event tonight? Haven't been keeping up with buffs for the past couple of weeks. Just finished Ulting Storm Bear and I made Fryderyk today as well, so that was like 6 million gold and I'm starting to run low at this point.

Edit #2: Just did the new WB with my new Fryderyk unenhanced and he raised my score by 20 million. Geeezus... No wonder he's meta. Top 1% with 76 million, currently.

Edit #3: Team was Healbot priest/Kymael/DBA/Storm Bear/Fryderyk and Ravengale Helper. Noble Chivalry.

Edit #4: Just maxed Fryderyk and went for my last attempt, got another 19 million, so best I got was 95million and I'm currently #42. I'll probably get knocked out of the top 50, but wasn't expecting one ally to make a 39 million point difference.

Limit

I got a duplicate Ari today and foddered her. Anything she'd be useful for is too far in the distance to worry about right now.

It's also my understanding that you don't lose allies making Dragon Busters or Dark Souls, just need the requisite essences.

Edit: Anyone know if there's an ally enhance event tonight? Haven't been keeping up with buffs for the past couple of weeks. Just finished Ulting Storm Bear and I made Fryderyk today as well, so that was like 6 million gold and I'm starting to run low at this point.

Edit #2: Just did the new WB with my new Fryderyk unenhanced and he raised my score by 20 million. Geeezus... No wonder he's meta. Top 1% with 76 million, currently.

Edit #3: Team was Healbot priest/Kymael/DBA/Storm Bear/Fryderyk and Ravengale Helper. Noble Chivalry.

Edit #4: Just maxed Fryderyk and went for my last attempt, got another 19 million, so best I got was 95million and I'm currently #42. I'll probably get knocked out of the top 50, but wasn't expecting one ally to make a 39 million point difference.

I used the exact same team and having raven in main team helped my score so much more. Maybe fred would have helped score more if he was ulti but him at max I was at most able to score 65 mil. With ult ravengale I got to 100 mil.

Edit: @Vent: How is defense penetration on your gear? Best rogues can take out pallies within first 20 seconds of the match while mediocre geared ones spend all round just hovering around and doing nothing.

Ventara

Edit: @Vent: How is defense penetration on your gear? Best rogues can take out pallies within first 20 seconds of the match while mediocre geared ones spend all round just hovering around and doing nothing.

I'm not sure, but if I had to say, not good. I feel my rogue is in the latter group, where they just hover and barely do any damage. If it ends up as me versus a paladin or warrior, I'd definitely lose.

Paladins and warriors are the meta for GB, especially a pure defense taunt warrior, but my guild doesn't have a single one and just a few okay defense paladins. In a mode where defense is the meta, this has led me to a lot of frustration and many loses. I've already ditched my rogue and play as warrior while I use someone else's rogue. Attack paladin, pure defense paladin, defense taunt warrior and a rage warrior is probably the best team for GB. Only way that team will lose if they get extremely unlucky against a sheep mage and receive too many crits.

Crzy1

I used the exact same team and having raven in main team helped my score so much more. Maybe fred would have helped score more if he was ulti but him at max I was at most able to score 65 mil. With ult ravengale I got to 100 mil.

Yeah, I spent too many rounds experimenting and only had 2 where I had access to Fryderyk, but Ravengale only got me to 57 million. She's only Max, however. Edit: Her gear also sucks, so that was probably a major part of it. Just took what I had on DBS and put it on Fryderyk. Next week I'll play around some more with my teams, but it seems like Noble Chivalry is going to be necessary, so pretty much only have space for one DPS unit if I want a dedicated healer. Keeping that enrage on cooldown and keeping his attack down both seem equally important, though.

I'm not sure, but if I had to say, not good. I feel my rogue is in the latter group, where they just hover and barely do any damage. If it ends up as me versus a paladin or warrior, I'd definitely lose.

Paladins and warriors are the meta for GB, especially a pure defense taunt warrior, but my guild doesn't have a single one and just a few okay defense paladins. In a mode where defense is the meta, this has led me to a lot of frustration and many loses. I've already ditched my rogue and play as warrior while I use someone else's rogue. Attack paladin, pure defense paladin, defense taunt warrior and a rage warrior is probably the best team for GB. Only way that team will lose if they get extremely unlucky against a sheep mage and receive too many crits.

Yeah, the top rogue in my guild has about 18k attack, 120k HP, about 510% crit damage which is probably hitting cap or getting close, 62% crit chance and 76% defense pen. Still takes him a while to eat through a tank, but he demolishes DPS and healers.

The two pallys I've been using have well over 100% defense rate and are pushing 100% crit damage reduction, most of the time they can't be killed before a draw is called, but they do occasionally die.

Limit

This has been the longest major update waiting period yet. They must be bug testing the crap out of it. I'm not hopeful that we will get them by the end of march though. Maybe mid april.

I too, have ended up making 2 unplanned deities in waiting for the second boden wave by the way. One is already ulti, second one is max plus 2, and may end up making a third one if we don't hear anything by the end of march. No point having all the extra resources just sitting around in inbox doing nothing.

Crzy1

I've been ulting my older deities. Was able to make Storm Bear ult and Blackaria ult plus I made Fryderyk and will have him at +4 after I farm up a couple more essences. Think I'll start working Belle Snow up to ult so I can turn her into Magritte.

arevin01

Vent for next week, Im going to register my def stance pally for gb, maybe you cud register your other pally as atk stance.

Fast's rogue is actually pretty nice.

my body is ready..
roster:
ult blackaria
ult brightspark
ult gaela
max bear

max fodder: archer (to be bloodwind), rogue (to be hellhawk), tiel (to be kymael), ari (to be falcon)

dark souls material:
priest: shabelle (max) and calgar
warrior: patta and acard
rogue: fulson and loki
archer: tinuvian
enchanter: yvante (might just ult him and get marg on the next wave.. we'll see)

soo: doubt that ulti-ing bear will give me anything, i can auto past lvl 80 consistently as is.. I'll get bloodwind for hydra :p
and if i manage to get enough sss, might get hawk this month as well, though i doubt i'll manage...

Ventara

Vent for next week, Im going to register my def stance pally for gb, maybe you cud register your other pally as atk stance.

Fast's rogue is actually pretty nice.

Yeah, FastMeat's rogue has a higher attack and crit dmg. I think a higher attack might be more useful in GB as opposed to a high def pen.

I think I'll actually register my taunt warrior for next week. Works super well in GB and no one in our guild has one registered.

arevin01

Yeah, FastMeat's rogue has a higher attack and crit dmg. I think a higher attack might be more useful in GB as opposed to a high def pen.

I think I'll actually register my taunt warrior for next week. Works super well in GB and no one in our guild has one registered.

okay, braggas is on vacation so we might be down a def pally

Ventara

okay, braggas is on vacation so we might be down a def pally

I could register my def paladin, but if I can be honest, mine sucks. I chose to max the active skills, so it's a pretty bad def paladin. And it has a week attack too, so I don't think it'll work as an attack paladin.

But not having Bragga's paladin would definitely hinder us. Though, it should be fine with you registering a def paladin. If it comes down to it, I can open up my paladin's second skillset and make one.

Whizkid7

I could probably redo my warrior as taunt warrior, since I pretty much use rage rush for everything else. I used to like shield slam ult, but these days compared to everything else...well, it's really not all that useful now is it?

arevin01

Aria, I thought you were registering your paladin?

Arias not on neogaf lol, she has a "thing" where she only uses female characters, being a girl and all. I've been using Kimchis for atk pally, hes not bad but he needs gems.

@whiz, ya slam isn't great nowadays, are you in our guild as well?

Whizkid7

Arias not on neogaf lol, she has a "thing" where she only uses female characters, being a girl and all. I've been using Kimchis for atk pally, hes not bad but he needs gems.

Yah, I joined a few days ago when everyone was talking about fleeing the GAF guild, lol. Warrior's called Vanderbilt, FYI, and I just switched him up to full taunt.

EDIT: Though I should point out he isn't fully geared out yet. Haven't been able to farm deus as much as I'd like so only two U pieces on him.

Takuan

my body is ready..
roster:
ult blackaria
ult brightspark
ult gaela
max bear

max fodder: archer (to be bloodwind), rogue (to be hellhawk), tiel (to be kymael), ari (to be falcon)

dark souls material:
priest: shabelle (max) and calgar
warrior: patta and acard
rogue: fulson and loki
archer: tinuvian
enchanter: yvante (might just ult him and get marg on the next wave.. we'll see)

soo: doubt that ulti-ing bear will give me anything, i can auto past lvl 80 consistently as is.. I'll get bloodwind for hydra :p
and if i manage to get enough sss, might get hawk this month as well, though i doubt i'll manage...
My main roster is the same as yours, except my Gaela is only +5 (got her last week) my DBS is only MAX, and my Storm Bear is ULT.

I'm actually getting worse scores in Lab currently with Gaela having replaced my MAX Rogue Un, but it's probably because of my crappy equipment. I'm just about ready to say F-it and go full Dark instead of trying to suit guys up with U equipment.

KimChi

Yea sorry about that, i still need to farm up more gems T_T

Ventara

Yah, I joined a few days ago when everyone was talking about fleeing the GAF guild, lol. Warrior's called Vanderbilt, FYI, and I just switched him up to full taunt.

EDIT: Though I should point out he isn't fully geared out yet. Haven't been able to farm deus as much as I'd like so only two U pieces on him.

Oh, yeah, I've used your warior a few times. Gear aside, it's pretty good. Did you reset your skills, or use your 2nd skillset? Your warriorbefore switching to taunt was good.

I posted a recruit topic on reddit yesterday and was hopeful to just get 1 recruit, but we landed more than 10 new members. o.o

Nice! I was wondering why there were so many new members.

Whizkid7

Oh, yeah, I've used your warior a few times. Gear aside, it's pretty good. Did you reset your skills, or use your 2nd skillset? Your warriorbefore switching to taunt was good.

Oh really? That's nice to hear. The only real difference was that I had shield slam ult vs taunt ult. Everything else is basically the same. I do have 2 skillsets on him, one for rage rush and the other one which is now the taunt one. I can always redo skills again; I don't mind.

Limit

There is a new rubies package event in this update and usually when these event end signifies arrival of next update. And the rubies package event will be ending at 4/11. So plausibly no second wave of bodens until then.

There is a new rubies package event in this update and usually when these event end signifies arrival of next update. And the rubies package event will be ending at 4/11. So plausibly no second wave of bodens until then.
is this a joke?
uff :X
i might plunge some other game in the meanwhile (while doing the nominal farming in dragon blaze)
trying fantasy war tactics, but ehhh..
maybe summoner wars?
i need a game to plunge in while working.. :|
giving summoner wars another go soon

arevin01

is this a joke?
uff :X
i might plunge some other game in the meanwhile (while doing the nominal farming in dragon blaze)
trying fantasy war tactics, but ehhh..
maybe summoner wars?
i need a game to plunge in while working.. :|
giving summoner wars another go soon

I play Seven Knights, it's great.

Pejo

So apparently the GAF guild was closed or I just got booted, what's the name of the guild that most of you are in these days? Is there room for another?

KimChi

So our own characters will be getting an awaken form o:
They look pretty cool
http://livis-corner.blogspot.de/2016/03/dragon-blaze-korean-version-chapter-4.html
So apparently the GAF guild was closed or I just got booted, what's the name of the guild that most of you are in these days? Is there room for another?

The guild we are in is Absorenity, I see 5 spaces left so send an invite and post your ign, arevin can probably let the guild leader know to accept your invite.

arevin01

Yeah we have a few spots, we've had an insurgence of 20 new members or so in the last 2 weeks. Guild is Absorenity. What's your ign?

Top Bottom