• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

vato_loco

I don't even understand the new changes, but I find myself caring less and less about this game. I think it finally finished its era with me. I'm not even excited about the new Bodens.

I think it's about the fact that I've come to a point where if I want to go higher, I have to start griding too much and considering every single attribute in armor and stuff, and I just don't care that much. I did my best and I only managed to reach 5% Arena and 10% Lab, and that was a downer as well.

When the new Bodens show up, I'll try them out and see what's up, but right now I'm just logging in for the bonuses.

Pejo

Anyone still in the GAF guild on this game? I was trying to do the new guild battle, but it seems we only have 3 registered people, and we need 1 more to actually do a battle. Also, who's the leader of the GAF guild now?

Ventara

Tried my luck rerolling for CDR effect. 300 arena coins and 1.2 million later, nada. 3 of the "new" effects ended up being the same, lol. After that, I tried combining what I had, and was able to get an orb with CDR. It's on D Brightspark's orb, and the effects aren't ideal for Priest, but I guess it's better than nothing.

How high are you in a lot of the activities because I only make roughly 1300 rubies a month (5% lab, 10% arena, 20-30% WB, 40% GB - used to be 20% :'( ). Edit: The new Weekly Battle Missions will certain add a bunch more, though (140 rubies per week to be exact).

Anyways yea, it depends how much you play the game. I personally don't mind throwing Gamevil $10 a month as I've really enjoyed the game and I hope my small contribution helps them continue supporting it, but that's more of a personal choice. Scarlet can get pricey if you're someone who plans far ahead.

5% lab, 1% arena, 5-10%WB, 40% GB (though still top 5 in my guild, lol. Will hopefully improve this with the recent change). Can't do the math now, but pretty sure you're getting more than 1300 per month with what you got.

And I definitely agree that the fairy is worth it, even just to support the game. I'm just being a cheap ass. :p

Wow 600 rubies and 2 SSS is crazy :)

Also I got lucky since I managed to find one orb with cooldown reduction and crit damage+crit chance so my priest will be happy.

And 3 SS! It really is pretty great. Will be making a second mage myself tonight.

Oh I just discovered something:

since we all user 990 special jar we have one character class which haven't cleared story dungeons progression reward. So if we use that class to get those 2 SSS it's bonus 2 millions of gold (more or less).

KimChi

Sweet, going to level another priest to get her third ult.

I spent a lot of arena coins last night.
Managed to get 4 CDR for my priest and Ravengale. Got impulsive and bought 8 accessories.
oh darn I should've went with a priest alt to make use of the build that maxes the third skill blah. might just delete my paladin alt after I finish leveling him then.
Is there any other ally that would benefit from the cdr beside ravengale? I was thinking storm bear could probably benefit from it for his 3rd skill but aside from that no one else comes to mind.
mmm
2 sss..
plus 1 from mastery event (when we get it)
plus 2 for 28th day of login..
means we get pretty much a free ult this month :X

by mastery event are you talking about the event for having 200 allies mastered to get a free SSS? Pretty sure they already gave those out like last week or so after one of the maintenance.

Ventara

Did they make Golem harder? Easily got 33 million last week. Now I can't get past 26 million.

Is there any other ally that would benefit from the cdr beside ravengale? I was thinking storm bear could probably benefit from it for his 3rd skill but aside from that no one else comes to mind.

Belle Snow, D. Deathcrown, Kymael, probably Falcon and (maybe) Magritte when they release.

Yeah it got buffed in preparations for second wave of bodens I can't find it now in updated patch notes but it was there on Monday before they updated post.

oh darn I should've went with a priest alt to make use of the build that maxes the third skill blah. might just delete my paladin alt after I finish leveling him then.

by mastery event are you talking about the event for having 200 allies mastered to get a free SSS? Pretty sure they already gave those out like last week or so after one of the maintenance.
are you sure?
Because this would use the count up to the 7th of march..
on march i received
1) login madness 1 free sss
2) sss for logging 14 days
nothing else..
I think you're mistaking the login madness free sss with the mastery event free sss :p

Whizkid7

Did they make Golem harder? Easily got 33 million last week. Now I can't get past 26 million.

I was wondering myself as my score went down by about ~2 million.

Also, did anyone notice that hitting "try again" in Lab now costs the same amount of tickets it normally would to enter? That's a new thing, right? Like I distinctly remember only spending 2 tickets to retry from 75...

Beck

are you sure?
Because this would use the count up to the 7th of march..
on march i received
1) login madness 1 free sss
2) sss for logging 14 days
nothing else..
I think you're mistaking the login madness free sss with the mastery event free sss :p

No he's correct. You should have received your free SSS and two SS on the 7th after the maintenance was done (should've been in your inbox). The earliest you could have gotten the 5-day login GM SSS you speak of was the 12th.

Ventara

I was wondering myself as my score went down by about ~2 million.

Also, did anyone notice that hitting "try again" in Lab now costs the same amount of tickets it normally would to enter? That's a new thing, right? Like I distinctly remember only spending 2 tickets to retry from 75...

Nah, for Lab, it has always cost me the same amount for retry.

Edit: Finally got around to do some actual GB, and it's so nice not needing others to be online. Also 2 pal (one on each stance), 1 rogue and 1 healer/another rogue seems like a great setup.

arevin01

Anyone still in the GAF guild on this game? I was trying to do the new guild battle, but it seems we only have 3 registered people, and we need 1 more to actually do a battle. Also, who's the leader of the GAF guild now?

Many have left the GAF guild because its become inactive. You can join my guild if you want, Vents there as well, we have about 5-7 actively ppl doing gb and I think over 10 registered.

Guild Absorenity

EDIT: Vents being abused as a GB helper right now lol, he has over 1000+ GB pts just from helper pts.

KimChi

Belle Snow, D. Deathcrown, Kymael, probably Falcon and (maybe) Magritte when they release.
Not sure if accurate, but I think I read something on reddit saying golem can remove buffs now apparently.

Many have left the GAF guild because its become inactive. You can join my guild if you want, Vents there as well, we have about 5-7 actively ppl doing gb and I think over 10 registered.

Guild Absorenity

EDIT: Vents being abused as a GB helper right now lol, he has over 1000+ GB pts just from helper pts.

Sweet, i might send an invite sometime today whenever i can play.

Ventara

It's pretty awesome, though it's only because I'm the only decently-geared rogue in our guild. Sucks that it caps at 2000.

Not sure if accurate, but I think I read something on reddit saying golem can remove buffs now apparently.

Aww, that sucks if true. Though I suppose it would still help in other areas like Lab.

Sweet, i might send an invite sometime today whenever i can play.

Yes, join us! We lack people who run decent mages. With you, we shall revive the sheep + rogue meta!

Inbachi

Neo Member
Can I apply to the Absorenity guild as well? I'm in the GAF guild but there's only 3 people registered. It seems to be dead. :(

KimChi

It's pretty awesome, though it's only because I'm the only decently-geared rogue in our guild. Sucks that it caps at 2000.

Yes, join us! We lack people who run decent mages. With you, we shall revive the sheep + rogue meta!
Sent request to join the guild!
I need to gear up my mage first haha, I will probably register my paladin in gb for now.
Edit: oh my characters name is either KimChiBowl or KimChiBuff
Can I apply to the Absorenity guild as well? I'm in the GAF guild but there's only 3 people registered. It seems to be dead. :(

They have plenty room in the guild open it looks like, let them know your character name and you should be fine.

arevin01

Yes, you're welcome to apply, I'll be sure to mention it to the GM if you do. Me and Vent or just about maxed out of the 2k helper points XD.

Whizkid7

I thought Golem could always do that? Melting Strength, I think the ability was called. Always see him using it after third enrage timer.

And I should probably ditch the GAF guild too. Been lazy and just stayed there for the hell of it but I'd like to try my hand at GB now that I've got at least one max level guy.

Takuan

Yes, you're welcome to apply, I'll be sure to mention it to the GM if you do. Me and Vent or just about maxed out of the 2k helper points XD.

If I were to apply would I be considered? I'm casual, but I play daily and wouldn't mind being able to grab those event rewards.

Edit: Applied under Kruphix.

KimChi

I thought Golem could always do that? Melting Strength, I think the ability was called. Always see him using it after third enrage timer.

And I should probably ditch the GAF guild too. Been lazy and just stayed there for the hell of it but I'd like to try my hand at GB now that I've got at least one max level guy.

Yea I think golem always removed buffs when he is in his permanent rage, I think now he is able to just remove buffs throughout now, like I said im not too sure about that though. It was just a post i saw talking about it on reddit. Regardless of that all the WB were apparently buffed in some form likely due to CDR being a thing now.

yamo

What's up with CDR i hear people talking about, and why should I be excited about it?

What characters will benefit from CDR the most? :3

What's up with CDR i hear people talking about, and why should I be excited about it?

What characters will benefit from CDR the most? :3

Priest can have 2x Magnify with nearly 100% uptime. Storm Bear with 3rd passive always active. Ravengale giving buff all the time etc...

yamo

Priest can have 2x Magnify with nearly 100% uptime. Storm Bear with 3rd passive always active. Ravengale giving buff all the time etc...

That's do seem very powerful! But wouldn't SB with 3rd passive (do you mean active?) always up mean he would be invincible? :eek:

KimChi

anyone else getting this daily objective from belle?
h8oV5TU.png
It talks about doing guild adventure and clicking the 'Go Now' button doesn't do anything lol.

Whizkid7

Ouch it looks like we will have another week without bodens:

http://livis-corner.blogspot.de/2016/03/dragon-blaze-global-version-patch-notes_18.html

But at least we will get Easter event which will allow us to buy gems which is great for me as farming them has been huge PITA and half my deities still use C grade stones.

edit: 100k likes on facebook - I guess we are getting another free SSS ;)

I'm getting kind of tired of these limited time events. I never get enough drops even when farming during increased drop rate for any of the good stuff and I always end up with leftovers.

Also, GIMME SUMMONER BODEN ALREADY CHEEZUS

Well i officially joined the middle of the pack position..
15% lab, 27% hydraxia, 38% golem, 18% arena, 15% guild battle and 5th in gb contribution in the guild..
Like this i should get more or less 200-300 rubies per week..
Assuming we get boden middle april, i should reach again 4k rubies..
Now for the hard question..
I'm stumped..
For 2 WEEKS i've flunked the ranking up on ss peeps while going strong on s peeps..
Issue is, Now i have 5-6 s and 50ish SS (plus around 20 SS in postage)..
Should i force feed SS to SS ?
No space is becoming an issue..

eltonkk

Neo Member
What does the CDR x 2 actually says? I tried a lot of times, but the best I could get is "Decreases the skill cooldown at a fixed percentage for the normal attack (set chance)"... is this any good?

RedZone

Neo Member
Well i officially joined the middle of the pack position..
15% lab, 27% hydraxia, 38% golem, 18% arena, 15% guild battle and 5th in gb contribution in the guild..
Like this i should get more or less 200-300 rubies per week..
Assuming we get boden middle april, i should reach again 4k rubies..
Now for the hard question..
I'm stumped..
For 2 WEEKS i've flunked the ranking up on ss peeps while going strong on s peeps..
Issue is, Now i have 5-6 s and 50ish SS (plus around 20 SS in postage)..
Should i force feed SS to SS ?
No space is becoming an issue..

stop turning S into SS, save for a boden and feed the SS into the boden to save lots of essence

RedZone

Neo Member
What does the CDR x 2 actually says? I tried a lot of times, but the best I could get is "Decreases the skill cooldown at a fixed percentage for the normal attack (set chance)"... is this any good?

this is CDR, ppl use 2 because they each have a chance to proc so it raises the possiblity that your cool down is shortened.

So Shariet is here what results are you getting and more importantly using what team ?

I got so far:
- Inc.conc. Magnify Priest, Bear, DBS, Belle Snow, Gaela helper DBA- 41M
- Inc. con. Priest, DDC, Belle, Gaela helper DBA - 32 M
- Swift Counterattack lvl 26 - Priest, DBA, Bear, Gaela, DBS, helper DDC (called in last moment) - 49M
- Noble - Priest, DBA, Gaela, DDC, Bear, helper Belle (useless) - 60M

Unlocked second skill tree for Priest went with 10/0/11

-Noble - Priest, DBA, Gaela,DDC, Bear, helper Shabelle - 75M (currently 0,819% so maybe I can get top 1% :D)

Gaela is near useless in this lineup - I wish I had Farrah there :( Oh well waiting for Falcon or Margritte.

yamo

I only tried one line up so far

- Noble: Paladin, SB, DBA, Llywelyn, Ravegale, DBS helper - 40M

All my gear, on both hero and allies, is unenhanced though and no gems. Hardly no U pieces either except on SB.

Salamande

It seems like survivability is the key to the Shariet fight, as well as keeping alive the Varmans - they do a lot of damage.

On an unrelated note, I made 6 SSS'es in one day yesterday. This certainly helped.

Top Bottom