• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Ventara

Yeah I just put up my war, to get ppl prepared for the change for next week.

So you're going with warrior next week? Yes! A taunt warrior with a high def paladin works really well. Even if fights drag out, it's better than losing.

Right now, I'm using you, me, Nemo and Fast to get me into 10% and it's all working pretty well.

arevin01

So you're going with warrior next week? Yes! A taunt warrior with a high def paladin works really well. Even if fights drag out, it's better than losing.

Right now, I'm using you, me, Nemo and Fast to get me into 10% and it's all working pretty well.

Yeah I tried a few with nemo, fast, and aria, and it appears this setup sometimes outlast the opp 2 pally setup with their shields.

I'm keeping Gram, Mercedes, Shabelle, Tinuvian, Windlune and Rollo.

So that's only 6 SSS but I'm already safe for one Dark Soul and 2/3 of next one :)
micheaelius you're in a guild perchance on eu?
I'm currently in one, but the guild is kinda meh..
45k points this week..
and i've done 6k points by my own (with like 15 helper call..)..

Ventara

Saw this on Reddit and thought I'd let everyone know here as well.

Greetings Bodens,

I hope everyone is ready to celebrate Easter!!
We prepared a fun event for you to join.

We have hidden 5 eggs in our announcement posts!
Please try to go through the forum to find these cute eggs that are included in the banner above!
Once found write the forum post titles in the following link along with your information.

Link: http://bit.ly/1UPkgBb

Rewards:
3 Eggs found: 1 A~SS Ally Summon
4 Eggs found: 3 A~SSS Ally Summon
5 Eggs found: 1 SS~SSS Jewel Summon
(If you correctly get all the eggs you will receive all the rewards above.)

Duration:
3/24/2016 ~ 3/28/2016(23:59 PDT)

* You may not receive rewards if you put wrong or missing information.

Please do not share answers in the comments or forum post.
(If someone leaks answers the event will terminate)

Good luck to all you Bodens!

Here's the link to the announcement forums.

Basically, the first post of five threads have a picture of an Easter egg at the bottom of the post. Find those five eggs and post the name of the threads they're in. It's pretty easy. Takes no more than 5 minutes for 4 A and 1 SS unit at worst.

yamo

micheaelius you're in a guild perchance on eu?
I'm currently in one, but the guild is kinda meh..
45k points this week..
and i've done 6k points by my own (with like 15 helper call..)..

45k sounds good, mine only got 25k. I'm in second spot on 2k points. Don't really care though :3

Rize_21

Hello DB-Gaf!

I've been lurking for a while(playing for 2 months now on my S6) and recently started making my way to the top thanks to all the advices here and on reddit!
I'm playing on the EU side, ready to ult Falcon and Magritte with some sweet U atk speed card and U int card respectively, at the moment and IF gb would have closed at the expected time, my guild would have been in the top 5% for the second week, it's still a mystery if we'll be able to keep it until maintenance( hoping it will resets here), we're currently at 298,965 points.

If anyone's interested to join, recruitments are open(43/50 at the moment), you'll need to pm Sixtime in game, there's no crazy requirements like 'get 10k gb pts per week or kick', and it's quite international in there, it would be cool to have some gaffers in it, my ign is RizeKiem by the way, so feel free to add me as a friend :).

easter egg event: what do to..
summon summon summon?
or?

farm farm farm :)

I already got 5 SS gems from it which is like half I got in 4 months of playing normally.

Plus You said you have 56 SS if you farm for essences and eggs you will get tons of S,A,B,C allies as fodder to combine them

Crzy1

Just got Mercedes with my two free SSS, so I got Shabelle and her one after the other. Was hoping for some decent fodder, but I guess it's better to have her sooner than later.

ecPixel

Neo Member
About the Easter egg hunt... I did find the 5 eggs, but I don't know what's the 3rd field.

3. What is your CS code? *

Any one know where I can find this?

Ventara

About the Easter egg hunt... I did find the 5 eggs, but I don't know what's the 3rd field.

3. What is your CS code? *

Any one know where I can find this?

When you click on the gear to switch characters, above the buttons you'll find an 8-digit number code.

arevin01

Are we missing a geared atk pally for gb? If so, Ill have to register my atk pally instead of war.

EDIT: nvm, saw nemo in chat and he put his up

farm farm farm :)

I already got 5 SS gems from it which is like half I got in 4 months of playing normally.

Plus You said you have 56 SS if you farm for essences and eggs you will get tons of S,A,B,C allies as fodder to combine them
So i should farm eggs in some boss stage and buy jewel summon with red egg?
As for the other egg?
Should i buy also jewel with those or summon?
Answer and tomorrow night i'll blow quite some shoes (have a shitton of boxes and at least 400 shoes stored.. Plus i'm sitting on close to 5k idle rubies.. Give me the 1+1!!!)

Ventara

Are we missing a geared atk pally for gb? If so, Ill have to register my atk pally instead of war.

EDIT: nvm, saw nemo in chat and he put his up

Just want to say that even without an attack paladin, I think your taunt warrior is invaluable and I think you should keep it up regardless. Right now, no one else has a good taunt warrior and def paladin.

So i should farm eggs in some boss stage and buy jewel summon with red egg?
As for the other egg?
Should i buy also jewel with those or summon?
Answer and tomorrow night i'll blow quite some shoes (have a shitton of boxes and at least 400 shoes stored.. Plus i'm sitting on close to 5k idle rubies.. Give me the 1+1!!!)

I'd just buy jewels with the red/orange eggs. Purple egg is a toss-up, but I'd probably go with jewels as well.

And dude, do you really want to spend more rubies on summons when you have 50+ SS units? If you do, you're gonna end up wasting some SS as fodder due to space limitations. Save those rubies and focus on enhancing those SS units. Don't bother enhancing any S units. You're gonna need a ton of rubies for essences anyways, so save for the next 10+2.

Edit: Dammit. Maintenance was extended 30 minutes. Though I suppose this helps my chances in Arena.

Edit 2: Yes! It's up! Maintenance was only an extra 10 minutes. Edit 3, Or not, lol. Sever is still locked, though you can download the update and get to the main screen.

Edit 4: Okay, it's up for real now!

And dude, do you really want to spend more rubies on summons when you have 50+ SS units? If you do, you're gonna end up wasting some SS as fodder due to space limitations. Save those rubies and focus on enhancing those SS units. Don't bother enhancing any S units. You're gonna need a ton of rubies for essences anyways, so save for the next 10+2.!
The issue with all my SS, is that i cannot seem to be able to upgrade them properly..
I mean if i mass run with shoes tonight, i will anyway be taking up a LOT of B/c..
B i can use on SS, but c?
And if i don't upgrade s, what's the use of c either?

You only use B/A/S fodder to get chance to around 10% and then drop C allies till you get upgrade

I use to enhance SS:

1S+ as many C as needed
1A+1B + as many C as needed
3-4B + as many C as needed

On weekends with 50% rate up you can go as low as 2B before dropping C guys

Ventara

The issue with all my SS, is that i cannot seem to be able to upgrade them properly..
I mean if i mass run with shoes tonight, i will anyway be taking up a LOT of B/c..
B i can use on SS, but c?
And if i don't upgrade s, what's the use of c either?

What I do for enhancing SS units

A followed by Cs OR
3Bs followed by Cs

If I have too many S, then

S followed by Cs

This is with the enhance fail bonus. I generally get them to 12% before I switch to Cs. Like on the weekend during the buff, I get as many of them to 12%, then throughout the week, I use the C units I get to enhance them. This way, I save up S/A/B units for the weekend during the buff.

Edit: Looks like there's a surprise 1.5 hour maintenance.

Uthred

So is Deus Rag U+Dark gear still the way to go or will lvl 86 raid gear replace it?

Edit: Fuck me, 4 SS units to get that last + on Falcon, took 20 essences overall, probably should have waited till Saturday for the buff but I want the boost for Lab.

Pejo

I'm already scared of Arena teams with Falcon. I still to this day have not pulled a single paladin ally though, so I made Margaret. I really liked the KR name Magritte better.

I have her at + Max currently, leveling her up a bit and trying to get her some starter gear, then I'm going to try her out in Golem. I've been saving an incanter for her since she was announced in KR, so I can't wait to use her. eventually I want to make a gimmick team of OG Belle Snow, Awakened Belle Snow, Magritte, and Ravengale with Defensive shield pally player character. It's either going to be great or suck super hard. So many allies though.

KimChi

So is Deus Rag U+Dark gear still the way to go or will lvl 86 raid gear replace it?

Fact that the lvl86 raid gear wont come with the enchantments on the weapons already make Deus Rag better imo.

And Holy cow is Falcon insane, mine isn't even enhanced yet and he boosted my golem score by 10mil, I've got 34mil on golem atm and only 1 cdr on falcon, gonna try grabbing a cdr off hand for him asap.

Uthred

Fact that the lvl86 raid gear wont come with the enchantments on the weapons already make Deus Rag better imo.

And Holy cow is Falcon insane, mine isn't even enhanced yet and he boosted my golem score by 10mil, I've got 34mil on golem atm and only 1 cdr on falcon, gonna try grabbing a cdr off hand for him asap.

Ended up doing Golem before re-starting the program for the update, mah scores, etc.

ecPixel

Neo Member
I thought we were going to get the new/returning user login rewards starting today... where did that go? I'm missing a paladin to get falcon, and was hoping the SSS class selection might help if I pick warrior.

Whizkid7

Hoo boy, I can't wait to gear up Margaret. Got her to MAX+1 already and she's amazing. I'm gonna farm a bit when raid bonus comes up to grab her some gear before I try throwing her at Golem though.

KimChi

I thought we were going to get the new/returning user login rewards starting today... where did that go? I'm missing a paladin to get falcon, and was hoping the SSS class selection might help if I pick warrior.

Well they only apply to new and returning users. Returning meaning you used to play but stopped. Not sure how long you would have to be absent from the game though to count as returning.

example: I stopped playing for a few months then started playing again a few weeks ago, when I logged in it triggered returning user login rewards.

I was wondering why Falcon increased my score only from 23 to 30 milions. Now I have noticed I forgot to put accessories on Priest so I had 48 attack speed less :(

by the gist of your comment rather then ult-ing bloodwind i should rather get marg//falcon and max them, correct?

Not sure - I prefer to finish one ally before starting a new one.
On the other hand Falcon is all about his inv field and buffs so being +max won't be that much of problem.

Marg is imho much lower priority since she is mostly usefull in Arena and Lab

Takuan

Shout out to the peeps who clued me into the raid pet, I knew the 4K tickets I was sitting on weren't being used optimally. A bit of passive grinding at work and I'm already pretty suited up with plenty of red gear to upgrade with. Now I just need to figure out what the best combos are for my team - I think 4U 2 Dark was deemed ideal for DPS classes, all U for everyone else? My gem game is decidedly unproper, but I'm just happy to be in a position where my gear's worth upgrading.

And yeah, that Falcon is some shit. I just slapped INT gear on him because the game decided to bless me with it. Even in base form he's no joke.

Str since it gives some defense, though in terms of gems, you'd want sta.
Kk.

Ventara

That emergency maintenance this morning screwed me over in arena. Wasn't able to rack up a high score and now I have to struggle like normal. Don't think I'll be going for top 50 this week.

Speaking of arena, Mag is a beast in it. She'll definitely find a permanent position in my team once I make her this weekend.

What stat do Falcon benefit from the most? Str or Int?

Str since it gives some defense, though in terms of gems, you'd want sta.

Takuan

Those essences just dont want to drop, ended up blowing most of my rubies on essences, 500 shoes and 2 essence drops? Nuts

I gave up on essence farming long ago. Even dark essence drop rates are pretty turrible. But hey, they can't give us everything.

KimChi

Those essences just dont want to drop, ended up blowing most of my rubies on essences, 500 shoes and 2 essence drops? Nuts

Yea essence drop rate is so bad. I just save shoes until the ally drop rate buff on sat/sunday since that is also when the item drop rate buff is active too. Usually gives me enough fodder to make an extra SSS from combine.

RedZone

Neo Member
Yea essence drop rate is so bad. I just save shoes until the ally drop rate buff on sat/sunday since that is also when the item drop rate buff is active too. Usually gives me enough fodder to make an extra SSS from combine.

if you run it during the +100% drop times its not that bad, over the weekend i got over 20 essence, i probably only bought roughly 1000 shoes,

at worst i get on average 1 per 100 shoes when i do a big run and especially right now you still get extra eggs which end up being S/SS jewels its totally worth it

KimChi

if you run it during the +100% drop times its not that bad, over the weekend i got over 20 essence, i probably only bought roughly 1000 shoes,

at worst i get on average 1 per 100 shoes when i do a big run and especially right now you still get extra eggs which end up being S/SS jewels its totally worth it

Yea I know the +100% helps, I got 11 essences over the weekend. I'm just not keen on buying a bunch of shoes right now and im fine with just using up all the shoes i saved on the weekend.

Rize_21

Can't go over 2 500 points in arena :/, thought it'd be fine waiting a day or two after reset but it's already too late, I'd be lucky if I stay in the top 1% when this week will close, my team is guidance priest, Margaret/Falcon/Hawk ult, and Aria/Bliss Foxy(assist) max.

Can't go over 2 500 points in arena :/, thought it'd be fine waiting a day or two after reset but it's already too late, I'd be lucky if I stay in the top 1% when this week will close, my team is guidance priest, Margaret/Falcon/Hawk ult, and Aria/Bliss Foxy(assist) max.

get storm bear.

Takuan

How the heck does salvaging work? I activated the auto-salvage pet and can see the meter filling, but when I do it from the workshop I don't get any credit for it. Just salvaged a handful of SS items and nothing!

Ventara

Anyone making the switch to Disgael for farming gear? After checking the stats, I think I'll switch. I've farmed Deus Rag enough to get good gear for all my guys, but getting that 1-2 perfect gear that I'm missing is a total pain. Too much All Resist. And really, you just want the 2-set from Deus for the attack speed.

How the heck does salvaging work? I activated the auto-salvage pet and can see the meter filling, but when I do it from the workshop I don't get any credit for it. Just salvaged a handful of SS items and nothing!

I'm not sure I understand. You're saying that when you yourself go to salvage items, you don't get any points from salvaging?

Top Bottom