• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

yamo

They really need to add the shared equipment thing soon. It will be impossible to gear 3 full teams of allies for fortress.

Why ? It's not that bad if you accept bit lower quality of items on team B and C.

I'm using "inheritance" system on my deities. When piece of equipment is replaced on one of my main allies I then go through all the less important guys that share same main attribute to see if someone can't benefit from it.

And if nothing needs replacement I try to keep spare set on ally I plan to deify soon.

Gems I just slap A quality on everything not "frontline"

On a side note Pluto turned out to be huge bonus on Shariet - I've used Pluto +7, 2 more weapons with defense reduction (3 total), and one item with reduce attack speed which catapulted my score from 83 milions to 148.

edit: it looks like it's possible to get apply magic scrolls from new dungeon and also arena coins, jewels, essences and skill cards
https://youtu.be/7n6pJRmi48E?t=13
https://youtu.be/Jtu6-0HrsXc?t=22

arevin01

I used pluto(war), falcon, fry, dba, raven and got 162mil. I cant use my priest cuz she too squishy.

EDIT: Did some more tries and good RNG gave me 202mil.

I used pluto(war), falcon, fry, dba, raven and got 162mil. I cant use my priest cuz she too squishy.

EDIT: Did some more tries and good RNG gave me 202mil.

Nice I wish I had Fryderyk for Shariet :) Oh well not going to happen since I already used 3k rubies to make Shadow Howl and still need to make Kymael before second wave is released.

arevin01

Before Pluto, I could only get around 70mil with Fry, so I didnt think he was that great lol.

I think if you plan to max busters, farming light essence is more efficient than farming the others, as light essence drop rate is far higher, then you spend your rubies to buy the other essence.

How far out are the Dark souls? I'm thinking about completely ignoring Busters and focusing on making useful deities (Storm Bear and Falcon) and enhancing my existing deities (Deathcrown, Blackaria, Brightspark, Ravengale, Llwelyn). Also will there be anymore SSS paladins being added to the pool, or is it going to be just Ari and Tiel forever?

Beck

How far out are the Dark souls? I'm thinking about completely ignoring Busters and focusing on making useful deities (Storm Bear and Falcon) and enhancing my existing deities (Deathcrown, Blackaria, Brightspark, Ravengale, Llwelyn). Also will there be anymore SSS paladins being added to the pool, or is it going to be just Ari and Tiel forever?

Provided they follow the release schedule of the Korean version, which they seem to be roughly doing, we should have them in late July, early August. So we're still a little ways away.

As for Paladins, I'm pretty sure Ari and Tiel are still the only Paladins even going into Chapter 4.

Busters i'm ina ptifiul situation..
dark souls, i'm 3/3 warrior, 3/3 priest, 3/3 rogue, 2/3 archer :p

Before Pluto, I could only get around 70mil with Fry, so I didnt think he was that great lol.

I think if you plan to max busters, farming light essence is more efficient than farming the others, as light essence drop rate is far higher, then you spend your rubies to buy the other essence.

Is there a best spot to farm light essence?

we could actually try to start a guild on eu i guess,at least at some point..
ultimately most of the dedicated players on this board playing on eu have decent scores across the whole board...

best investment for this event "drop"?
ticket or summon? or summon with red, ticket with the rest?
halp! :)

stealth edit: given my situation for dark souls (3/3 rogue, 3/3 warrior, 3/3 priest, 2/3 archer), would it make sense to "put a pause" on project dragon buster and just prepare my minions for deity and awakening? which is stronger across the board, dark souls or dragon buster?

Limit

ultimately most of the dedicated players on this board playing on eu have decent scores across the whole board...

stealth edit: given my situation for dark souls (3/3 rogue, 3/3 warrior, 3/3 priest, 2/3 archer), would it make sense to "put a pause" on project dragon buster and just prepare my minions for deity and awakening? which is stronger across the board, dark souls or dragon buster?

Dark souls. Definitely invest in DS priest. She can res other busters and DS.

Hmm how many people are interested ? Do we have anyone else from EU on gaf?

Hmm if you don't have full set of gold gain accessories then accessories ( I was before event they aren't worthless since you can get +xx % gold gain stat on them), if not tickets if you want to farm items. Summon only if you don't have time.

I'd say all dragon busters can be skipped except Paladin and Incanter since those two have big buffs for whole party

Whizkid7

Woohoo, cleared Lab 95 finally! That was one hell of a slog. And oh sweet mercy what is this on 96. Dead in half a second haha. That's gonna take some work.

I have all my warrior deity now, but ulting the last two is gonna be another story...Archer buster will probably be out by the time I get to that point haha.

arevin01

Woohoo, cleared Lab 95 finally! That was one hell of a slog. And oh sweet mercy what is this on 96. Dead in half a second haha. That's gonna take some work.

I have all my warrior deity now, but ulting the last two is gonna be another story...Archer buster will probably be out by the time I get to that point haha.

Lab 96-just have SB inv up, he will clear by himself due to reflect

97-GS, need to kill them fast with AOE

98- easy

99-GS- need to kill them fast with AOE

100- easy, tho be weary of FRY spawn cuz he remove inv

Schedule:
Americas: 5/2 6:00PM ~ 5/3 12:00AM PDT
EU: 5/3 3:00 ~ 9:00 CEST
SEA: 5/3 9:00 ~ 15:00 SGT
Duration: 6 Hours

Details:
1. Fortress Battle
2. Destruction Dungeon
3. New Pet: Deadly Fire
4. Dragon Buster summon requirement added(100% HP)
5. New Sales & Events
Special Pop-up Package Bonus 1+1 (5/3 ~ 5/9 PDT/SGT/CEST)
$49.99: 500 + 140 Rubies // 500,000 Gold // 200 Shoes/Tickets // 2 SS Ally Summons
$99.99: 1,000 + 400 Rubies// 1,000,000 Gold // 400 Shoes/Tickets // 2 SSS Ally Summons

Regular Smart Package (5/3 ~ 5/9 PDT/SGT/CEST)
$2.99: 30+30 Rubies // 150,000 Gold // 20 Shoes/Tickets // 2 Essence Summons
$4.99: 50+50 Rubies // 200,000 Gold // 40 Shoes/Tickets // 3 Essence Summons
$9.99: 100+100 Rubies // 500,000 Gold // 80 Shoes/Tickets // 5 Essence Summons

Premium Jewel Summon 20% Sale (5/3 ~ 5/9 PDT/SGT/CEST)

Essences Summon 10+2 Event (5/3 ~ 5/9 PDT/SGT/CEST)
> Light Essences 10 + 2 (5/3 ~ 5/4 PDT/SGT/CEST)
> Dark Essences 10+2 (5/5 ~ 5/6 PDT/SGT/CEST)
> Ancient Essences 10+2 (5/7 ~ 5/9 PDT/SGT/CEST)

Platinum Ally Summon 10+2 Event (5/3 ~ 5/9 PDT/SGT/CEST)

Ending Events
> Shop Gold 3X Event
> Platinum Ally Summon 1+1 Bonus Mission Event
> Shop Rubies 1+1 Event
> Cherry Blossom Event (Drops only/Exchange still available)

We are getting 10+2 on essences next week :) So that's 20 rubies/essence.

Salamande

They seem to be making more of an effort to prioritize essences, which is great. That's going to be the bottleneck for people going forward, I think.

sooo..
ending situation..

pre event
ult bear
ult gaela
ult blackaria
ult brightspark
max bloodwind
max margaret
---
now! (6000 rubies poorer)
max falcon
max ddc
second incanter (ann) ready for ravengale
tiel ulted (either i get kymael or i get awakened later)
lucienne drop (now i'm 3/3 for dak souls rogue)
7 mixed sss fodder already "opened"
13 sss fodder in the mailbox
20 more dark essence (i like them, but frankly they are a pain to farm)
plus azur..

question time!
azur should i keep him for awakening or burn him as fodder?
ult ddc and get pluto?
ult margritte?
get and ultimate ravengale for that sweet wb boost? i reckon that using marg + ravengale + bloodwind + my priest + blackaria i should get a solid boost in wb hydra (and alike in golem with slightly different comp)
ult my rogue and get hellhawk for pvp?
get a shadow judge howl for pvp?

btw for a f2p like me now begins the new "draught" :p i'll have to stash rubies for 4-5 months again XD
stealth edit: it's tiel the paladin that i've maxed and waiting for awakening

Well at least with new modes there's even more rubies each week for participating and fortress will give rubies and coins daily

Imho you need to keep timeline in mind:

- second wave of busters is 3 weeks from now probably
- awakened Mercedes and Gram plus lvl 88 content - one or two weeks later
- third wave of busters 7-8 weeks from now

So not everything needs to be done fast.

Imho:
- Ult DDC - you are just 5 SSS from Pluto no point stopping now
- create Pluto but keep him at minimal enhance level
- change Ari into Kymael - Ari doesn't have awakened form

that should give you some boost in GB/Arena/Lab plus farming Disgael with Pluto is finally easy :)

So that's 6 SSS gone

After that it's time to either sacrifice everything to get Paladin booster ASAP or to concentrate on WB score.

For Paladin booster that will be 21 SSS (Ulting Falcon, Kymael and creating Howl).

For WB score I'd:
-Ult Margaret
-Ult DBW
-Ult Falcon
- create Ravengale

Priest + Falcon + DBW+ Margaret + DBS + DBA helper would be quite good hydra/golem team

But since we have around 2 months to Incanter buster I think it'd be better to work on Paladin booster first and then work on Incanter booster since it'll include Margaret and Ravengale anyway :)

PS. Hawk era ended imho - they are only small time waster in arena since it takes some time to kill them but their chances of solo killing whole team including any buster are near zero. So go Howl - he is solid in arena and brings you close to Paladin buster.
PS2. Not sure on Azur - he is really far away.
PS3. I've took a look at your character - imho you shouldn't leave gem slots open - even 12 green gems is 192 points of main attribute which easily translates into 800+ attack on Ult character.

That's a bit more problematic :D But I still wouldn't keep 5 SSS Frozen into her for 9 months.

Korea got new unit class Titans:

http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze/1772506

They are dracos/angels/bodens of ch.4 with new essence type to farm

http://dbaddiction.wikia.com/wiki/Titan

let us see..
maybe i luck out and get another tiel..
after all i have 13 sss in the mailbox.. maybe one of them is a dupe tiel//ari :)

regarding gems..
now that we get the farmable daily dungeon i *hope* i'll manage to get gems WAY faster :p

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I recently got into this again, and man I can't wait for my new phone to arrive tomorrow. My old piece of shit is crash city in Labyrinth and it's causing me severe issues trying to make gold to finish deifying folks.

I recently got into this again, and man I can't wait for my new phone to arrive tomorrow. My old piece of shit is crash city in Labyrinth and it's causing me severe issues trying to make gold to finish deifying folks.

my old iphone 4s (gaming phone) is performing like crap in the labyrinth, and my ipad i have to give up every now and then to verify stuff.. unfortunately these are the only devices of property i carry at work (i own a nexus 5, a nexus7 2012, an s4, an s6 but i cannot bring all the stuff with me)..

I got tired and ordered
1) another iphone, 6s.. I already have an iphone6 but it's the company phone.. other phone is galaxy 6 but i usually use only when i'm hanging out, as it's a phone number that my colleague DO NOT have,as i only shared my company number AND my company&family (4s)...
2) ipad air2.. i already have an air, but it's strictly dedicated to veryfing stuff on work for ui//load hence a lot of times I have to abruptly shut what i'm doing... so getting an air2 (would have preferred a 9.7 pro, but the pricetag for 9.7pro 128gb was 1020, whereas for the air2 64gb I had to give 570)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The phone I have coming tomorrow is a Nexus 5X I got from the $250 project Fi promotion. I know it's not top of the line, but I'm coming from a fucking old ass Galaxy S3 so it is still looking to be quite an upgrade.

Android version hangs for me on 3 months old LG G2 Flex (which has Snapdragon 810 so definitely not from lack of power).

Ios version on the other hand can work for hours on mini 4.

KimChi

The phone I have coming tomorrow is a Nexus 5X I got from the $250 project Fi promotion. I know it's not top of the line, but I'm coming from a fucking old ass Galaxy S3 so it is still looking to be quite an upgrade.

if it still gives you problems on the 5X consider muting the bgm and sound effects if you don't mind missing out on those, turning those down helped with performance for people around launch so might still apply here. Also, consider using an emulator to run dragon blaze if your at a computer a lot. Either try bluestacks(I dont recommend this personally cause of ads) or andyroid which i can vouch works great and no ads to worry about.

Pejo

Loving some of this new content, fortress battle seems pretty fun at the moment. I am definitely going to be going ruby crazy with this new 10+2 bonus. Finally a good time to ULT Marg and Falcon. I'm even debating making Gaela for my second buster. I just need another 5-6 SSS's to do it, which I can probably do with the rubies that I have left. Hmm...choices.

Would you guys prioritize ULT Falcon/Marg or a second Buster? Or I guess enhancing Stigma?

Anoregon

if it still gives you problems on the 5X consider muting the bgm and sound effects if you don't mind missing out on those, turning those down helped with performance for people around launch so might still apply here. Also, consider using an emulator to run dragon blaze if your at a computer a lot. Either try bluestacks(I dont recommend this personally cause of ads) or andyroid which i can vouch works great and no ads to worry about.

I don't have to worry about any sort of like transfer code if I'm playing on multiple devices, right? As long as my hive account is linked to my google account I should stay synced up on whatever I'm playing on?

KimChi

I don't have to worry about any sort of like transfer code if I'm playing on multiple devices, right? As long as my hive account is linked to my google account I should stay synced up on whatever I'm playing on?

no need to worry about that, I switch between my tablet and emulator all the time. You're pretty much set with hive account linked to google account.

Anoregon

Ah good call, I think I'll go ahead and run some lab in the background on my work pc. Thanks!

Salamande

Well, if you want cards, the new Destruction Dungeon is definitely the place to get them. They drop like rain. The only thing keeping me from farming cards and essences over here is running out of space (since all the drops are non-salvageable).

Anoregon

Hey, is there a Gaf guild? I just want to get in something so I can get the 50 rubies a week for doing a guild battle.

Whizkid7

Well, if you want cards, the new Destruction Dungeon is definitely the place to get them. They drop like rain. The only thing keeping me from farming cards and essences over here is running out of space (since all the drops are non-salvageable).

I got up to Storm Bear and got completely stalled out by him. I guess I need a more damage focused team to take him out before he gets Berserker's Promise up.

I got up to Storm Bear and got completely stalled out by him. I guess I need a more damage focused team to take him out before he gets Berserker's Promise up.

same situation...
my farming team aka
warrior def (me)
gaela ult
bear ult
brightspark ult
blackaria ult
+
bloodwind max
cannot kill him atm with auto.. which is a major pita :X

Whizkid7

same situation...
my farming team aka
warrior def (me)
gaela ult
bear ult
brightspark ult
blackaria ult
+
bloodwind max
cannot kill him atm with auto.. which is a major pita :X

I came close last attempt with:

Fire all at One Formation
Me (warrior)
Llywelyn Ult
Trigger Ult
Fryd Ult
Blackaria Ult
Margaret Ult helper

Got him to about 25% before he kicked up Promise again. Think if I switch Fryd and Marg and hope for a little luck I'll get him.

yamo

I'm currently battling Howl and seem to have come to some stale mate, he can't kill my team and I don't do enough damage to kill him before he heals up again. Must have been going at it the last 10minutes.

arevin01

Getting to top 50 fortress daily 28 rubies/day is almost the equiv of having Tia. I only fight those without stigma or epsilon, which results in easy wins. If only I had another healer, it wud make DEF party much tougher but this is what Im using for now.

2KC0vkn.png

Ventara

Top 50 seems like it'd be too hard to maintain, what with being able to lose your spot so easily. Like, I saw that I lost 2 defenses and decided to take revenge on the first guy I lost to. Got my spot back and sent him 600 spots down. I can imagine this being a frequent occurrence for top 50. You'd have to bide your time until midnight PST(I think, which is like 3AM for us on the east coast, lol), in addition to having a very strong team. Doesn't help that you can't save the gear setup, and that it changes as you move stuff around for other game modes.

arevin01

lol yeah, it takes some sniping to maintain your rank, and all of my allies have 4U+2Dark so no worries about gear swapping. And vent sometimes I beat you in battle o.o

Salamande

Wait till you make it to the last stage. Try fighting 3 Dragon Busters at once.

I did it, but it took a little luck and a couple of scrolls. The rewards are nice, though.

Inbachi

Neo Member
These new modes are pretty fun and more ways to earn rubies is always a good thing.

Damn, this essence grind to max a buster is crazy. I have about 6000 rubies left after the 1+1 event and I'm debating whether I should spend them all on buying essences during this +2 period.

Top Bottom