• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

You can sefely buy a few bundles since you won't be able to burn this many rubies on shoes anyway.

Just don't buy Light essence since it's much easier to find than two others.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just cracked 10% in arena for the first time. Don't know if I'll be able to maintain it for the rest of the week, but it would be cool.

I'm currently working with 2 deifys (blackaria and Storm Bear) and I figure my next will be Hawk. That one will take a whole though, as I've exhausted most of my SS fodder for maxing a SSS rogue. Rollo is pretty much the only serious DPS I have on my team atm, as my player char is a Paladin and my other slot is Calgar (who will be replaced by third deify)

Anyway, cool game. I'm enjoying running shit and having so much more stuff to work towards. Unrelated: Is it normal to blow through rez scrolls so fast on auto-run Ragnarok raids? I seem to always be matched up with scrubs while I'm trying to farm deus tickets.

Just cracked 10% in arena for the first time. Don't know if I'll be able to maintain it for the rest of the week, but it would be cool.

I'm currently working with 2 deifys (blackaria and Storm Bear) and I figure my next will be Hawk. That one will take a whole though, as I've exhausted most of my SS fodder for maxing a SSS rogue. Rollo is pretty much the only serious DPS I have on my team atm, as my player char is a Paladin and my other slot is Calgar (who will be replaced by third deify)

Anyway, cool game. I'm enjoying running shit and having so much more stuff to work towards. Unrelated: Is it normal to blow through rez scrolls so fast on auto-run Ragnarok raids? I seem to always be matched up with scrubs while I'm trying to farm deus tickets.

First don't use SS for maxing normal allies (if you have tons of them then use them to enhance deities as it saves essences).

Second which rogue have you maxed ?

Third - don't farm Ragnarok unless you need Priest gear. Farm Phoenix since it's much easier and you almost never lose.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't have a rogue maxed yet, I just have one SSS that I'm saving to do so. One of the old scrubby ones in the dark armor, I forget the name,

As for SSS enhancing, I use the method my brother recommended, which is 1 SS followed by a bunch of single S with "stop when enhance is successful" selected.

Edit: just realized I fucked up in my previous post. I did not exhaust most of my SS maxing a SSS rogue, I haven't started enhancing him at all yet. I meant to say I exhausted them all maxing the the two guys I currently have deified.

Inbachi

Neo Member
The Titans look nice. I wonder what their deity form will be...
I don't have a rogue maxed yet, I just have one SSS that I'm saving to do so. One of the old scrubby ones in the dark armor, I forget the name,

As for SSS enhancing, I use the method my brother recommended, which is 1 SS followed by a bunch of single S with "stop when enhance is successful" selected.

Using SS for fodder is kind of a waste unless you're absolutely rolling in them, especially if you're using them on regular SSS and not deities.

First anniversary is next week -

first we get some free stuff:

5月9日(月) 24:00~23:59の間にログイン: SS Gem Ticket x 2
5月10日(火) 24:00~23:59の間にログイン:SS Ally x2
5月11日(水) 24:00~23:59の間にログイン:Premium Gem Ticket x 2
5月12日(木) 24:00~23:59の間にログイン:SSS Ally
5月13日(金) 24:00~23:59の間にログイン:365000 Gold, 100 Boots
5月14日(土) 24:00~23:59の間にログイン:200 Rubies
5月15日(日) 24:00~23:59の間にログイン:Platinum Summon Ticket x 2

And the lvl 88 stuff plus Awakened Mercedes/Gram is coming

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaz...ned_mercedes_and_gram_arriving_in_next_weeks/

Anoregon

I got so excited about awakened Calgar, but then realized how far away he is and got sad.

Man am I struggling to stay in top 10% arena. Only having 2 deifys with neither of them limit broken (and gear ranging from mediocre to pretty good) is making it quite an ordeal in picking the right teams to try to beat.

rng was with me..
maanged to get 2 more sss in this week via fusion..
:)
today i think i'll
ult ddc, ult marg, get pluto, and maybe ult falcon as well..
after that we'll see how to proceed..
I think i'll get shadow howl but time will tell..

ugh..
so next week they start with the awakening?
I guess I'll just get buster pluto then..
With dark soul so near around the corner (i assume 2 months from now??) I'll have to spend essence and sss fodder to get the deify I'm interested in AND to build those awakened..
warrior, priest, rogue I'm all set..
2/3 archer :p

Let's just hope that the awakened essence drops like ancient essence at least..
If they drop like dark essence it's a suicidal watch request..

Paladin buster is super important- It's like Falcon^2

I only hope they won't release second wave of awakened together with second wave of busters.

For now I've made Kymael+max so just 5 SSS till I can make Omega buster.

As for Dark Souls I have
2/3 of Priest
2/3 of Rogue
3/3 of Archer

so I'm not sure if I try to make Mercedes now or collect essences slowly while waiting for missing Calgar to drop.

michealius & other any decent guild to suggest in eu or willing to go for eu gaf guild?
I'm past my breaking point..
my guild closed this week with 11k points in gvg arena..
I made 2700 of those myself...
This is a joke..
I mean 50 member, just 400 point each... it's 80k point..
I'm not even saying everyone should do like me and aim for 2k+ points, but...
we're not even in top 100 this week, we're 107...
-.-

on a side note..
dragon buster too stronk XD
My pluto can solo the draco dungeon boss at ease :L and it's +0..
if dark souls are stronger (or even at the same level and at that point more ppl will start upgrading them), they will pretty much trivialize the content, unless in the harder difficulty modes we see a huge power creep :X

Anoregon

I got my Hellhawk made over the weekend, so I'm now sitting at a healer/tank/dps deity trio. Coming up in the world!
I also have like 4,000 rubies from all the rewards you get leveling/raiding on new characters, so it will be time for plat pulls soon. Are 1+1 events frequent enough that I should try to hold off until then (I know we just had one, which I made good use of), or rare and I shouldn't plan on it?

I got my Hellhawk made over the weekend, so I'm not sitting at a healer/tank/dps deity trio. Coming up in the world!
I also have like 4,000 rubies from all the rewards you get leveling/raiding on new characters, so it will be time for plat pulls soon. Are 1+1 events frequent enough that I should try to hold off until then (I know we just had one, which I made good use of), or rare and I shouldn't plan on it?

wait for when it's 1+1 for the 9+1 pulls :p
it's the best time..
on a side note, thanks to all the event that we can do on a daily//weekly basis, after 2 weeks I'm almost on 1k ruby again :X

michealius & other any decent guild to suggest in eu or willing to go for eu gaf guild?
I'm past my breaking point..
my guild closed this week with 11k points in gvg arena..
I made 2700 of those myself...
This is a joke..
I mean 50 member, just 400 point each... it's 80k point..
I'm not even saying everyone should do like me and aim for 2k+ points, but...
we're not even in top 100 this week, we're 107...
-.-

Hmm if you don't mind being in polish guild you could join the one I'm in (I'll ask my guild leader). We usually get top 5% reward with few people scoring 4k+ (we used to score more but it turned out we only have 4x Pluto and 1x Stigma at +0 :) )

on a side note..
dragon buster too stronk XD
My pluto can solo the draco dungeon boss at ease :L and it's +0..

What kind of magic do you use :)? Last boss in Daily Dungeon usually one shots by DBA when he takes off and then I slowly lose whole team to be left with Pluto only if i don't use scroll.

if dark souls are stronger (or even at the same level and at that point more ppl will start upgrading them), they will pretty much trivialize the content, unless in the harder difficulty modes we see a huge power creep :X

From what I've read later content will be balanced for busters/dark souls.

doubt it, my +5 pluto cant solo him and he has mostly orange gems..

did i say the final one? :)=
he managed to solo the draco bosses up to (included) draco deathcrown.. :)
still thinking if i can somehow manage to solo the last stage, but ehh.. maybe with some + or some gems i guess...

Anoregon

Dropped about 1000 rubies on pulls since I noticed the 20% off thing. Nothing terribly noteworthy, but at least enough S and A fodder to max a couple of SSS. I'm planning to start working towards the incanter buster, so I'll need both deified incanters and tracy eventually. I currently have a maxed rollo and spark wizard anne, So either shaman doll margaret or Tracy will be my next project.

Time to grind out some labyrinth, I guess! I'm still having a hard time progressing through chapter 3 (even with 3 maxed deifieds) so that makes me feel like a chump.

Right they crashed my whole plan for busters/DS with that early release.

My new guess is new content every two weeks - biggest question is will we get second wave of awakened together with second wave of busters or not ( i hope not I need at least 2 weeks to make 10 SSS including free ones).

Anoregon

I'm progressing through world 3, but becoming increasingly frustrated with how Blackaria seems to get 1-shot almost immediately at the start of every stage. She has 80k HP, and despite the fact that I have Storm Bear's taunting and my Paladin's defensive shield, it always seems like the mobs get their attacks off first and always gun for her. It happens in Labyrinth frequently too. Sometimes it seems like going offense mode on my pally and just hoping the big fist stun goes off before she dies is actually more defensive than the actual defensive option.

Also, Spark Wizard Anne is ulted and I'm about 150k gold (and buying another ancient essence pack with rubies -_-) away from turning her into Margaret. Really looking forward to that, the random deify summon mechanic seems really fun.

I'm progressing through world 3, but becoming increasingly frustrated with how Blackaria seems to get 1-shot almost immediately at the start of every stage. She has 80k HP, and despite the fact that I have Storm Bear's taunting and my Paladin's defensive shield, it always seems like the mobs get their attacks off first and always gun for her. It happens in Labyrinth frequently too. Sometimes it seems like going offense mode on my pally and just hoping the big fist stun goes off before she dies is actually more defensive than the actual defensive option.

Also, Spark Wizard Anne is ulted and I'm about 150k gold (and buying another ancient essence pack with rubies -_-) away from turning her into Margaret. Really looking forward to that, the random deify summon mechanic seems really fun.

80k hp is nowhere near enough. Give her either 6 U item set from Deus Ragnarok or 4U+2SSS deus Ragnarok items, make sure they you have STA+additional hp on at least some items (helmet can only roll extra hp), put 12 Stamina gems on her. Attack value is less important than keeping Blackaria alive longer.

Anoregon

She does have 4 white/2red deus pieces and stam gems atm. The only offensive stat I am intentionally gearing her for is atk speed

Anoregon

Max and 87.

I actually just got a deus rag offhand with stam, so she's over 90k now at least.

Mine has 210k and she still dies to a breeze.

RNG was strong with me today :) I've got Loki from ticket so that's Dark Soul secured :)

i got loki too... but i already had him :X

the big question is.. start going for dark soul or continue focusing on deity? or chase dragon buster (i have pluto.. should i + him? or try to get priest dragon buster?)
i have now:
ult marg
ult brightspark
ult blackaria
ult gaela
ult storm bear
ult deathcrown
max falcon
max bloodwind

i have 5 fodder sss and i can:
1) max falcon
2) max bloodwind
3) get kymael
4) get ravengale
5) get another deity
6) ult grahm (i have all 3 dark souls warrior)
7) ult mercedes (i have all 3 dark souls priest)

advice?

target is the usual in sequence
increase wb score (20% range) --> increase pvp score (14% range) --> increase lab score (11% this week :p)

as for daily activities to focus on, i'd say the daily destruction dungeon? my team lacks gem and card ;_;

question2 is: what essence is the destruction daily dungeon supposed to drop? i got 4 awakened essence since this morning farming the brightspark stage o_O no other essence, jus the awakened..

I think no point investing in Pluto since he is already solid tank. And for any strategic decisions I'd wait till they show rest of Titans:

http://livis-corner.blogspot.de/2016/05/dragon-blaze-korean-version-patch-notes.html

to maximize number of key units that can be made from created deities in future

As for Daily Dungeon they changed it - awakened essence was added to drop tables ( I guess because there won't be enough Awakened to make a dungeon out of them for months)

Anoregon

Is there a specific raid that is best for just farming fodder red gear for item enhancing? Most of team has fairly decent items at this point, they just need a hefty amount of upgrading to get me up to snuff for clearing to the newest raid. Endlessly grinding shitty regular ragnarok just to buy deus badges (and then usually get crap loot anyway) is becoming soul-crushing.

Pejo

So I've got both a Gram and Mercedes that I've held on to for the ascended allies. Are either of them meta-type gamechangers, or is it smarter to just build a second buster (probably pluto since I'm 2/3 on warriors)? Any thoughts?

Is there a specific raid that is best for just farming fodder red gear for item enhancing? Most of team has fairly decent items at this point, they just need a hefty amount of upgrading to get me up to snuff for clearing to the newest raid. Endlessly grinding shitty regular ragnarok just to buy deus badges (and then usually get crap loot anyway) is becoming soul-crushing.

1. Farm Phoenix not Ragnarok - much less scrolls needed.
2. Farm Ancient Grave 7 for essences - it will also drop SSS accesories with best stats (outside of coin shop ones) and SSS fodder items.

So I've got both a Gram and Mercedes that I've held on to for the ascended allies. Are either of them meta-type gamechangers, or is it smarter to just build a second buster (probably pluto since I'm 2/3 on warriors)? Any thoughts?

given the rate we're getting new content, I'd really keep key allies for dark soul, PLUS some key STRONG ascended whose performance is really close to dragon buster in some scenario (tiel, karang)..
ttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zLlnoobSQp07VZSiTVUTKAfe8q0cbXzou3GbUU95GDs/edit#gid=0

I'm a bit skeptic about this list as ravengale is SOO low, so either the meta for kr world boss is completely different or this list cannot be overly trusted...

Pejo

given the rate we're getting new content, I'd really keep key allies for dark soul, PLUS some key STRONG ascended whose performance is really close to dragon buster in some scenario (tiel, karang)..
ttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zLlnoobSQp07VZSiTVUTKAfe8q0cbXzou3GbUU95GDs/edit#gid=0

I'm a bit skeptic about this list as ravengale is SOO low, so either the meta for kr world boss is completely different or this list cannot be overly trusted...

Wow, that tier list is a real eye opener. Also it's amazing that pretty much one of the first deities, D. Brightspark, still stays good for so long. That's probably my most used unit of all time, she rarely if ever has left my main party.

Also holy shit I never would have guessed Awakened Karang would actually be good. I've burnt so many Karangs as fodder. Looks like Mercedes is a good value to ascend though, so I might as well. Going to hold off on Gram.

I really need to catch up on Livi's blog, I don't even know what Titans are.

Whizkid7

I think no point investing in Pluto since he is already solid tank. And for any strategic decisions I'd wait till they show rest of Titans:

http://livis-corner.blogspot.de/2016/05/dragon-blaze-korean-version-patch-notes.html

to maximize number of key units that can be made from created deities in future

As for Daily Dungeon they changed it - awakened essence was added to drop tables ( I guess because there won't be enough Awakened to make a dungeon out of them for months)

Looking at that I'm glad I've held onto my Whay and Belle Snow for so long. But I've lost count how many Yvante I've sacrificed...whoops.

well.
my
mag pst
max falcon
ult marg
ult gaela (with pluto+0)
ult brightspark
companion --> max bloodwind
i finally managed to enter < 10% on hydra!
If i ult falcon and give him cd reduction main hand and offhand it will be much better...
and my team has NO gem, NO cards, no anything :X

give me those sweet rubies!

Ventara

Livi posted the skills for the first two giants on her blog, and wtf at Atlas' first active skill?

Deals 3965% damage with 100% accuracy to a single enemy and throws the enemy "to the end of the universe" for 30 sec. During this time, the enemy is gone from the map and won't be able to attack. If all enemies get killed before this target comes back, the target is considered dead. This skill is like Atlas' (normal Deity) skill, except that this one will hit Dragon Busters, Dark Souls and Giants with the same enhancement level or below. If the enemy can't get thrown into universe, this skill will deal an additional 3418% damage. [Cooldown: 12 sec]

She kicks them off the map for 30 SECONDS, and the CD in only 12 seconds. With some CDR gear, she can probably kick everyone off the map before the first guy comes back. Need to see it in action, but this skill sounds so broken.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, 100% accuracy probably refers to the chance of hitting the target, and not the chance to throw them off the map. Would be too OP otherwise. Until we see her in action, the chance for her to trigger that ability could be as bad as Greysoul's chance to insta-kill.

Beck

The reason Ravengale is rated so low is because she has basically been replaced in the Korean version. Tiel, Belle, Azur and others all do her job significantly better and are effective in other activities.

She's still useful to get Iota which is still being used, but there are way better options in the Korean version than Ravengale. Fortunately, we won't have to worry about that until maybe fall.

Anoregon

1. Farm Phoenix not Ragnarok - much less scrolls needed.
2. Farm Ancient Grave 7 for essences - it will also drop SSS accesories with best stats (outside of coin shop ones) and SSS fodder items.

It would have helped if someone had told me that you can buy deus rag badges with pheonix essences at some point, lol.

The reason Ravengale is rated so low is because she has basically been replaced in the Korean version. Tiel, Belle, Azur and others all do her job significantly better and are effective in other activities.

She's still useful to get Iota which is still being used, but there are way better options in the Korean version than Ravengale. Fortunately, we won't have to worry about that until maybe fall.
azur?
i sacrificed azur yesteray ;_;
and i'm still missing ravengale :X

Livi posted the skills for the first two giants on her blog, and wtf at Atlas' first active skill?

She kicks them off the map for 30 SECONDS, and the CD in only 12 seconds. With some CDR gear, she can probably kick everyone off the map before the first guy comes back. Need to see it in action, but this skill sounds so broken.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, 100% accuracy probably refers to the chance of hitting the target, and not the chance to throw them off the map. Would be too OP otherwise. Until we see her in action, the chance for her to trigger that ability could be as bad as Greysoul's chance to insta-kill.
yep but multiplier wise it's insane..
from what i understand it's
1) Deals 3965% damage with 100%
2) attempt to kick him outside for 30 sec
3) triggered it 2 fails --> If the enemy can't get thrown into universe, this skill will deal an additional 3418% damage.

basically the amount of dmg with a 12s cd is insane..
get some decent cdr and bam!
either you get kicked out + 3900% dmg, or you get 7300% dmg :X
win win situation

Uthred

Sad to say it, but I think I'm done, pity, as the game is so much better now than when it started. But really the only think keeping me playing was willfully ignoring "sunk costs". At least I managed to hang on for, and get, the Dragon Busters.

Top Bottom