• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Whizkid7

Following advice of guildies and non-guildies alike, I've drastically increased my hydra and golem scores - but that was expected. What I didn't expect was new lab records without a healer in my main party! I just broke 4 million, where my previous record was ~3.4.

I know it's peanuts in comparison to a lot of you here, but for me it's pretty meaningful.

It's not really peanuts considering I'm only hitting about 4.5 mil. Which was enough to break top 10%, so keep trucking along! You'll be up there soon enough.

Inbachi

Neo Member
I've never really wanted to make Ravengale but I'm thinking about it now because it seems she's still required for good WB scores. I can pretty easily make it to about 2% in all events except for the World Bosses, where I'm about 6-8% usually.

Hmmm....I'm not sure if I should work towards her or continue to save resources for the Busters.

Salamande

I finally got 2x cooldown reduction on my Priest. Damn, what a difference it makes. My Hydra score instantly increased by 50 million points, and my team has less than optimal gear. I'm pretty satisfied.

Now to work on getting CDR for Falcon...

I've never really wanted to make Ravengale but I'm thinking about it now because it seems she's still required for good WB scores. I can pretty easily make it to about 2% in all events except for the World Bosses, where I'm about 6-8% usually.

Hmmm....I'm not sure if I should work towards her or continue to save resources for the Busters.

What team are you using ? As long as you have Falcon + priest with CDR + DBS/LLy it should be easy to get good score.

Inbachi

Neo Member
What team are you using ? As long as you have Falcon + priest with CDR + DBS/LLy it should be easy to get good score.

Yeah I don't have a good team for hydra. I use a magnify priest with cdr on both weapons, Lly, Falcon, Fryd, and I don't have a good 4th person so I usually throw in Hawk, BA, or Kymael. All on Ultimate. I have a Bell Snow on Max that I try sometimes too but she dies too quickly.

Today I got like 105 million or so; highest I've ever been.

sitting on 3.9//4.5mil on lab in auto based on rngjesus..
If i manually do it, it's more than that..
what i really have to work on is my hydra score.. sitting on 29-30 mil.. i'm lazy and i'm sitting on a wagon of deus ragn ticket to try and get me the cdr weapon for priest and possibly falcon later..
and my golem score... ;_;

this weekend i get my margr and update her to max..
then I start the process for falcon..
have 3 paladin ready and maxed, I have to fetch 3 more sss and I can then defiy the paladin..

question1: do we know when we're getting the new 1+1 event? i'll get around 8k diamond by the end of the month at this rate, and I'm eager to get some sweet sss to boost my progress...
question2: apart from using the magic scroll to basically "reroll" the magic property on u gear there is no other way? because it's a lottery ticket that cost me 50 arena coin a pop, and i'm not exactly swimming in arena coins.. not at all...

And we will get some pre register stuff for another free SSS

Yeah I don't have a good team for hydra. I use a magnify priest with cdr on both weapons, Lly, Falcon, Fryd, and I don't have a good 4th person so I usually throw in Hawk, BA, or Kymael. All on Ultimate. I have a Bell Snow on Max that I try sometimes too but she dies too quickly.

Today I got like 105 million or so; highest I've ever been.

Which formation are you using?
Because the allies you mentioned cannot fit into Incredible concentration or Fire all at one.

Imho your cheapest option is upgrading Belle Snow to Ultimate and then going into inc.conc. with Priest, Fryderyk, Belle, Lly, Falcon + Kymael/Aria helper.

Limit

question1: do we know when we're getting the new 1+1 event? i'll get around 8k diamond by the end of the month at this rate, and I'm eager to get some sweet sss to boost my progress...
question2: apart from using the magic scroll to basically "reroll" the magic property on u gear there is no other way? because it's a lottery ticket that cost me 50 arena coin a pop, and i'm not exactly swimming in arena coins.. not at all...

The NA DB one year launch anniversary is in mid may. I'd wager a 1 plus 1 event accompanying it. And unless you are a really lucky person, using scrolls to get cdr on gear seems like a fools errand. Buying U accessories with arena coins is a much better deal.

Limit

What do you think is the better option? Max Stigma or make Stigma and Pluto?

Resource wise it's going to be a lot cheaper having 2 or more busters sitting at +3 than having a single buster at max. From +4 onwards you need 30 essences for an upgrade and +7 onwards you need 45. That's a lot. Don't know about you but I am not exactly rolling in essences. That's the big bottleneck. I am currently going with the strategy of having more busters in my team than just one buster at plus max. My thinking is that people who can afford to max out a buster are not just going to have a single buster in their team anyways. These players are already prepped for all the robots. So unless you are part of a top 5 guild where having single a max buster makes sense, go for more busters.

So I've been playing this game for about a month now and I'd like some advice on what deity to get next. So far I have the following deities (none of them are ulted):

Brightspark
Deathcrown
Blackaria
Ravengale

Right now I have a few options. I can get Storm Bear, which would help out with my Labyrinth score. I also have a Tiel which I can deify into Falcon. The other option is for me to deify a DPS deity, for which I'm considering Bloodwind (easiest to farm essence for), Llwellyn, or Hellhawk. Also should I be worrying about Busters or should I just work on increasing my roster of deities?

KimChi

So I've been playing this game for about a month now and I'd like some advice on what deity to get next. So far I have the following deities (none of them are ulted):

Brightspark
Deathcrown
Blackaria
Ravengale

Right now I have a few options. I can get Storm Bear, which would help out with my Labyrinth score. I also have a Tiel which I can deify into Falcon. The other option is for me to deify a DPS deity, for which I'm considering Bloodwind (easiest to farm essence for), Llwellyn, or Hellhawk. Also should I be worrying about Busters or should I just work on increasing my roster of deities?

Just curious, why exactly did you get ravengale so early? She is pretty useless without dps units to buff in WB.

Next deify, you should get Storm Bear to up your labyrinth score, at least beating wave 80 to get 2 free SS every week. I would skip bloodwind since his only use is hydra imo, grab either Llywelyn who will increase both golem and hydra score or Hellhawk to do better in arena against teams that dont have him if deciding between those 2.

Regarding Buster the quickest way for you to get one is grabbing Gaela after making Storm Bear to be ready for the warrior Buster.

Now should you focus on them right away? I dont think you should especially with a lack of ULT deity allies right now, will take 25 SSS fodder to ULT and make the remaining warriors you need and ULT them to make the warrior buster.

Just curious, why exactly did you get ravengale so early? She is pretty useless without dps units to buff in WB.

Next deify, you should get Storm Bear to up your labyrinth score, at least beating wave 80 to get 2 free SS every week. I would skip bloodwind since his only use is hydra imo, grab either Llywelyn who will increase both golem and hydra score or Hellhawk to do better in arena against teams that dont have him if deciding between those 2.

Regarding Buster the quickest way for you to get one is grabbing Gaela after making Storm Bear to be ready for the warrior Buster.

Now should you focus on them right away? I dont think you should especially with a lack of ULT deity allies right now, will take 25 SSS fodder to ULT and make the remaining warriors you need and ULT them to make the warrior buster.

I got Ravengale because I got a deity without reading about anything beforehand :p. Currently my team can already beat level 80 on Labyrinth as long as I pay attention. Would you recommend Storm Bear first or Llywelyn?

KimChi

I got Ravengale because I got a deity without reading about anything beforehand :p. Currently my team can already beat level 80 on Labyrinth as long as I pay attention. Would you recommend Storm Bear first or Llywelyn?

hmm well Storm Bear is still a good tank to have but since you got labyrinth down I'd say grab a dps. It really just comes down to what you want to improve.Get Llywelyn if you want to improve WB scores or Storm Bear if you want another tank that would serve as a better tank than draco deathcrown.

Brightspark
Deathcrown
Blackaria
Ravengale

Imho first one to do should be Falcon and after that you should concentrate on bringing everything to ultimate.

:imadeahugemistake:
i needed to increase my wb score first and foremost (rest is more than fine), and crafted marg instead of ravengale, due to me being an arse and wanting new things first..
marg is not bad... but doubt she will give me the buff i need to reach 5% (i'm in 20% atm) for wb...
hopefully new 1+1 event is soon and i'll blow all these gems away, hopefully i get another incanter...

so..
If i have already two ult deity warriors..
stick to the plan and get falcon OR new plan, get ddc and dragon buster warrior?
i have plenty of draco and boden essence... but like 15 of dark ;_;

Beck

so..
If i have already two ult deity warriors..
stick to the plan and get falcon OR new plan, get ddc and dragon buster warrior?
i have plenty of draco and boden essence... but like 15 of dark ;_;

I hear people should start focusing on getting at least one Buster (I'm already set up for the Paladin and nearing the Incanter), but Falcon is a vital part to any party.

It really depends what you want to boost. Pluto will boost your PVP rankings probably higher than Falcon, but Falcon will still do well there and will shine greater in WBs.

Cheers, thanks for this.

Also, I see there's a SSS selector as a reward here. Is there a chance I could pick Paladin for an ally for this, or is it locked into "warrior" selection and just hope for RNG? I am really falling behind without Falcon.
if there's a selector, i'm happy..
I'll get another incanter!
If there's no selector, i'll go mage and pray..
I really need to get a ravengale at this point.. my lab/arena score are more than okay... my wb score are terrible :)

Takuan

Shoot, Busters are coming this soon? I could've saved millions ult'ing Draco last night, but I had no clue. Ah well.

Is it preferable for your PC to equip the key or one of your allies?

Not sure if I should go for a Priest or Pally when I redeem the class selector. I still haven't gotten Shabelle, but I could also use Kymael.

KimChi

Also make sure to use up your easter eggs before the maintenance in an hour from now, otherwise they will be useless.

For the SSS class selector no idea, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a paladin or incanter selector honestly, most likely you gotta pray to rng picking warrior or mage for either of them. I'd be glad if they proved me wrong on that lol.

Ventara

I'm starting to get tired of this game. Haven't even brought myself to do Golem. Will probably take it easy this week and just start up again when Busters hit next week.

Beck

I'm starting to get tired of this game. Haven't even brought myself to do Golem. Will probably take it easy this week and just start up again when Busters hit next week.

You're not the only one. Comparing the release schedule to the Korean version, though, they speed things up for chapter 3 (specifically around the time they put out the Awakened) with new characters and modes coming far more frequently.

Hopefully they do the same (if not faster) for the global version. Like theoretically we'd be getting the fortress mode next week and a new daily dungeon in May.

Salamande

Speaking of Golem...is it just me, or is he tougher this week? My score is way down from last week. It just doesn't seem like I'm doing as much damage. Maybe it's my imagination.

Ventara

You're not the only one. Comparing the release schedule to the Korean version, though, they speed things up for chapter 3 (specifically around the time they put out the Awakened) with new characters and modes coming far more frequently.

Hopefully they do the same (if not faster) for the global version. Like theoretically we'd be getting the fortress mode next week and a new daily dungeon in May.

Yeah, I really hope they speed things up. I like how fast we went through Chapter 2. Though I think it's mostly just fatigue on my part. Same thing happened a few months back.

Speaking of Golem...is it just me, or is he tougher this week? My score is way down from last week. It just doesn't seem like I'm doing as much damage. Maybe it's my imagination.

Not sure, but my score dropped 10 million but improved 1%, so probably.

Last week we had attack speed buff for golem.

I was bit bored myself so i took last two weeks more slowly just burning daily shoes and tickets.

But I feel buster hype so i'm farming SSS, essences and gold now :)

Salamande

Last week we had attack speed buff for golem.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that. That would explain it.

Not worrying about Busters till second wave is pretty relaxing for me. All my principals are at Ultimate, and I should have plenty of resources when the time comes. Then again, I guess my scores are going to be nightmarish for a while, unless they do the Buster League thing early.

And while I'm wishing for puppies and rainbows, maybe give us the Link System early too...

Pejo

I feel like the meta is really killing this game. There are certain characters that are just so overpowered in their role for an event, that if you don't have them, you're fucked. Then you look at arena and it's just the most annoying teams that you don't feel like watching for 4 minutes until you see which one of you outgimmick the other team. I miss the days when AoE mage damage could one shot a whole team nearly instantly. At least there was some variety in team composition then. I'm especially tired of teams with Falcon, Bear, Bliss Foxy and Hawk, but good luck finding a single team without 2+ of those in Arena now.

I have been setting out to get a buster since they were first revealed in the KR version, so I'm still excited for that. I'm just not enjoying the meta that you need to get above the 20% bracket in any event anymore.

And yes I'm still salty that I don't have a Falcon or a Paladin to make him.

I'm especially tired of teams with Falcon, Bear, Bliss Foxy and Hawk, but good luck finding a single team without 2+ of those in Arena now.

Mine..
I only have bear...
infact my arena experience is painful..
I'll get falcon on the 28th (last 2 sss i need to deify my paladin)..
After that we'll see..
Because then i'd be setting on 4 ult deities and 4 max (bear, bloodwind, marg and the newly deified falcon)..
And I'd be hard pressed whether to deify more or ult some of those...
Please give me a 1+1, based dragonblaze..
I need 20-25 sss for my evil empire! Make it 25, so i can ult those 4 max, and get a new to +max.. like.. hellhawk?

Inbachi

Neo Member
Got my Mikaela to Ult last weekend. I just need 3 more SSS to Ult my Greysoul and I'll be ready (minus essences) for the rogue buster.

We really need another 1+1 event soon. I'm sitting on almost 10,000 rubies...

ecPixel

Neo Member
Hey guys, now that 1st wave of dragon buster is around the corner and if we follow the same schedule as Korea, we'd get them all in two months.

I'm pretty sure most people here are F2P and can't possibly get every single dragon buster.

But to those with Korean knowledge. What's the ideal meta set up once all 7 dragon busters are out? For lab, WBx3, arena and such.

If anyone can shine some insight, I'm pretty sure it'd help a lot of us out in planning out what to aim for. After all, one dragon buster is 3 SSS + 30 fodder, which takes a long time for many F2P.

Hey guys, now that 1st wave of dragon buster is around the corner and if we follow the same schedule as Korea, we'd get them all in two months.

I'm pretty sure most people here are F2P and can't possibly get every single dragon buster.

But to those with Korean knowledge. What's the ideal meta set up once all 7 dragon busters are out? For lab, WBx3, arena and such.

If anyone can shine some insight, I'm pretty sure it'd help a lot of us out in planning out what to aim for. After all, one dragon buster is 3 SSS + 30 fodder, which takes a long time for many F2P.

meh..
30 draco essence is like 200-300 shoes.. TOPS..
30 boden is like 500 shoes or a bit more..
30 dark essence... ahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

F2P life is sad..
I am
an excessive
F2P for phone game..

as for your question..
consider that the turning point for WB is if you have a decent dps lineup AND ravengale..
if your lineup is not decent AND you have ravengale or conversely if you have decent dps but no ravengale, you'll be always middle of the pack at WB.. LOWER middle of the pack..
busters will only widen the gap, with players with ravengale + busters dominating, ppl with ravengale+decent team BUT NO BUSTER making the usual high score, ppl without ravengale but with buster making a decently high score, and then there is us the plebes... no ravengale, no buster.. life is terrible :X

meh..
busters will only widen the gap, with players with ravengale + busters dominating, ppl with ravengale+decent team BUT NO BUSTER making the usual high score, ppl without ravengale but with buster making a decently high score, and then there is us the plebes... no ravengale, no buster.. life is terrible :X

You don't have DDC+Gaela+Bear combo ? I remember you were going to make them ?

Pejo

meh..

F2P life is sad..
I am
an excessive
F2P for phone game..

as for your question..
consider that the turning point for WB is if you have a decent dps lineup AND ravengale..
if your lineup is not decent AND you have ravengale or conversely if you have decent dps but no ravengale, you'll be always middle of the pack at WB.. LOWER middle of the pack..

I've always been curious, what's so good about Ravengale for the WB's?

Also, kinda unrelated, but how does Shariet work? I read the description that basically only the Varmin can damage it, so I've been using a tank/healer team to keep them alive longer, is that the correct strategy?

ecPixel

Neo Member
meh..

Haven't tried to hunt for draco or boden essence for a long time. I'd be lucky to get 1 dark essence per 100 shoes.

What stage best to hunt drace/boden/dark essence?

Beck

Also, kinda unrelated, but how does Shariet work? I read the description that basically only the Varmin can damage it, so I've been using a tank/healer team to keep them alive longer, is that the correct strategy?

I too was confused by everyone's need for Ravengale in World Bosses, but after I made her over the weekend, I can see the appeal. I think primarily her ability to boost everyone's attack speed by 26%, which matched with a Priest's Magnify, can really help if you have good a formation and DPS allies. Golem I didn't really raise much (18m to 20m), but apparently there was an ATK speed boost last week so I guess it did increase a bit. Hydra, on the other hand, rose dramatically. Last week I scored 57m, this week I hit 87m.

And for Shariet, that's more or less the best strategy. The third Varman does massive amounts of damage, far more than any DPS character you have can do. You'll want to keep those three healed, while at the same time, an ally such as Fryderyk is important. Fryderyk's Immediate Destruction basically takes away some of Shariet's buffs, which allows for the Varman to survive longer.

KimChi

Ravengale serves to buff your whole party, give her 2x cdr and pair with Magnify Priest 2x cdr equips and you have magnify up almost 100% of the fight for golem and hydra. Ravengale is pointless to have unless you have DPS so its never recommended to make her first.

For Shariet I've just been going with a tank/healer team, has been giving me better scores and you want to keep the npc's alive as long as possible. Kymael is pretty nice to have as a helper since she can revive the Npc's on death as well.
Haven't tried to hunt for draco or boden essence for a long time. I'd be lucky to get 1 dark essence per 100 shoes.

What stage best to hunt drace/boden/dark essence?

There is no best stage sadly, just farm any boss stage you can auto safely and hope you get an essence. Preferably, if there is a stage where the essence is the only SSS drop that helps as well so you dont get your hopes up when you finish using up your shoes on auto.

Raven at skill level 3 gives 28% increase to attack and attack speed so it's 1,28*1,28=1,63 damage increase (almost since i think special attack animations have constant time) and 28% more chances for skill cooldown activating on normal attacks for whole team.

Plus according to people on reddit those attack buffs can stack twice with themselves if you have enough cooldown reduction.

Hmm I might be getting into top 50 on EU :)

cfO2ybA.jpg

DDC has been my MVP in arena matches :) His Dragon Breath from 2nd passive has been last thing dozens of hawks and storm bears saw :D

Also looks like we are getting 3SSS, 3 SS and 200 rubies for Dragon busters launch

Login April 26 (Tuesday) maintenance after ~ 23:59 : 1 SSS summon
Login April 27 (Wednesday) 24: 00 ~ 23:59 : shoes + 200 ticket
Login April 28 (Thursday) 24: 00 ~ 23:59 : 200 Ruby
Login April 29 (Friday) 24: 00 ~ 23:59 : 1 SSS summon ticket
Login April 30 (Sat) 24: 00 ~ 23:59 : 10 essence summon ticket
Login May 1 (Sunday) 24: 00 ~ 23:59 : 3 SS summon ticket
Login May 2 (Monday) 24: 00 ~ 23:59 : 1 SSS summon ticket

DDC has been my MVP in arena matches :) His Dragon Breath from 2nd passive has been last thing dozens of hawks and storm bears saw :D

Also looks like we are getting 3SSS, 3 SS and 200 rubies for Dragon busters launch
saw that..
plus there is the free sss for pre-reg..
means that basically this month we have
3 from login 28 days total
1 from 20 days login
1 from pre-reg
3 from event

DAYUM!!!
now give me just a nice 1+1 event and i'm happy!

Top Bottom