• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Ventara

18 pulls. 17 A and a single S. fml

I guess the silver lining is that among them was a single A healer that has group heal, so I finally have a decent healer, I hope. Edit: Scratch that. It's just a single heal. There is no silver lining.

Edit: 2 Combined for an SS and got Swordsman Vurch. *sigh* I guess he's not too bad. He's got Taunt and a defence-increasing skill, which makes for a good tank. Though Maxing him is gonna be a pain. I have enough units for another SS, though Maxing Vurch would be a better idea?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
18 pulls. 17 A and a single S. fml

I guess the silver lining is that among them was a single A healer that has group heal, so I finally have a decent healer, I hope. Edit: Scratch that. It's just a single heal. There is no silver lining.

Edit: 2 Combined for an SS and got Swordsman Vurch. *sigh* I guess he's not too bad. He's got Taunt and a defence-increasing skill, which makes for a good tank. Though Maxing him is gonna be a pain. I have enough units for another SS, though Maxing Vurch would be a better idea?

Vurch is a very good tank. Better than what I had when I beat legend.
I would focus on getting more SS before I focused on maxing current SS.

JigsawX

Oh man Deathcrown does not want to drop the Buster Armor. Did drop the mage/ priest offhand...it most of it rolled nice but I'm using the other SSS drop which has Max Attack, Int, Stam and Crit Damage on it. Losing that stam / int gonna hurtttt

And it just dropped, Just need the gloves now. Though could use a better roll on the weapon, and boots

Saprol

Ran out of easy arena opponents. Time to not win anything for the rest of the week and be slowly pushed back to top 20%.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Oh man Deathcrown does not want to drop the Buster Armor. Did drop the mage/ priest offhand...it most of it rolled nice but I'm using the other SSS drop which has Max Attack, Int, Stam and Crit Damage on it. Losing that stam / int gonna hurtttt

And it just dropped, Just need the gloves now. Though could use a better roll on the weapon, and boots

Int isnt as important as most think. It has a minimal impact on mana and attack.
I would rather have crit rate, crit damage, additional weapon damage, stamina, immunity, accuracy, etc.

Int is actually pretty low on the list for my Mage gear.

docbon

How are crits calculated for additional elemental damage on a weapon? Is the elemental damage just added after the crit roll?

Sciel

Got a dupe SSS Archer Ur today ugh...

So far my SSS combines have been 3 low tier characters (2x Ur , 1x Dark Gnarl) and 2 mid-ish tier characters (Percy , Farq).

y u do dis rng ;o;. Even burnt through some of my A rank fodder because i was impatient lol.

Guess i'll stick with combining for some SS ranks. Hopefully can get a high tier DPS with some AOE ability (I do have Urk tho...).

EDIT

This game HAS to be trolling me ....got a SSS from a premium summon....Dark Gnarl.....dupe....LOL wtf

RS4-

I cleared Gram at 29, but I needed two healers, a tank friend, and a stack of HP scrolls to get past him. ._.

Did it this morning at 30. Two tanks, two dps, some crap priest and ally healer lol.

I used an HP scroll before the Gram cutscene, then revived and healed before the second cutscene so they go off CD.

The shield is pretty annoying. He had it up both times when he was at 1k HP and I was nearly wiped.

And I got my second SS archer. Great. :|

Ventara

Vurch is a very good tank. Better than what I had when I beat legend.
I would focus on getting more SS before I focused on maxing current SS.

Alright, I guess I'll go with another SS later tonight, though I have to raise their rapport first, which might take a while. I'll have to first see where Vurch stands in terms of stats once leveled. I want to add him to me current team, so I might still have to enhance him to bring him up to snuff with my current tank.

Lanrutcon

Just got a Commander Arat at 37. Gave him some orange swords.

Dudes like: onetwothreeFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

<spinning axes>

OOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Fight over.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Got a dupe SSS Archer Ur today ugh...

So far my SSS combines have been 3 low tier characters (2x Ur , 1x Dark Gnarl) and 2 mid-ish tier characters (Percy , Farq).

y u do dis rng ;o;. Even burnt through some of my A rank fodder because i was impatient lol.

Guess i'll stick with combining for some SS ranks. Hopefully can get a high tier DPS with some AOE ability (I do have Urk tho...).

EDIT

This game HAS to be trolling me ....got a SSS from a premium summon....Dark Gnarl.....dupe....LOL wtf

Sounds like you need Einbroch's blessing.

Sword Familiar

I should probably try the arena again this week. I didn't do it last week because I wasn't really feeling my party. Still got 3 rubies and 2 coins even though I didn't participate, heh. Got 50 rubies the week before that though, so it wouldn't hurt to at least try this time around.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I should probably try the arena again this week. I didn't do it last week because I wasn't really feeling my party. Still got 3 rubies and 2 coins even though I didn't participate, heh. Got 50 rubies the week before that though, so it wouldn't hurt to at least try this time around.

I only started last week and I was able to get top 5 or 10% (can't remember). Just pick the matchups you can win :)

Yaari

Finally rerolled a SS again. Dark Lance. Is he good at least? I'm so tired of rerolling. Must have done it 50 times now. Bleh.

Sword Familiar

Is Dark Lance the next level Abyss Lance (lizard man)? If that's the case I want it. My Abyss Lance is still the best in my party, despite only being S.

Man the last couple levels in the story are really brutal. To make matters worse I feel like I'm really underlevelled, I'm only 25 and somehow at the second to last battle of the game, even though the level range for the area says 25-30. I really hope I don't have to somehow grind out 5 levels before I can tackle these last 2 stages.

The problem is just those Archers that do the ridiculous AoE damage. I'm a tank, and I have a +5 S healer, but just one round of those arrows wrecks the shit out of everybody.

Man the last couple levels in the story are really brutal. To make matters worse I feel like I'm really underlevelled, I'm only 25 and somehow at the second to last battle of the game, even though the level range for the area says 25-30. I really hope I don't have to somehow grind out 5 levels before I can tackle these last 2 stages.

The problem is just those Archers that do the ridiculous AoE damage. I'm a tank, and I have a +5 S healer, but just one round of those arrows wrecks the shit out of everybody.

Manually control your main and blow your cooldowns trying to off them as fast as possible.

Otherwise unlock your item slots and fill them with scolls. Also have a Friend Summon healer handy too

Best of Luck. Im in the same boat for HERO mode Gram and I came within a hair of beating him already only to lose cuz I messed up my manual play >.<

Manually control your main and blow your cooldowns trying to off them as fast as possible.

Otherwise unlock your item slots and fill them with scolls. Also have a Friend Summon healer handy too

Best of Luck. Im in the same boat for HERO mode Gram and I came within a hair of beating him already only to lose cuz I messed up my manual play >.<

Is there any way to single target? I know I can click an enemy and it draws an almost invisible red circle around them, but that doesn't seem to affect the AI's targeting at all, everyone still just spreads their damage around like idiots.

KimChi

Im stuck at the same place atm, except I keep getting stunned when fighting Gram right after my party gets annihilated so cant use revive or hp scrolls so annoying T_T and its happens every time I get close to finishing him off too.

Is there any way to single target? I know I can click an enemy and it draws an almost invisible red circle around them, but that doesn't seem to affect the AI's targeting at all, everyone still just spreads their damage around like idiots.

It only affects the targeting of your main when AUTO is off

The Allies are always uncontrollable unfortunately

commish

Finally picked up some accessories by farming Deserted Tower. Pretty sweet. Give a nice boost.

KimChi

What was it?

My earring from world boss had something like 10% crit.

I somehow got boosted up to 9% for world boss and my earring from it is crap
8 atk speed, 12 accuracy, 40 rage so useless for my priest lol

And I just got through hero mode woo, just 1 level away from magnify ultimate.

Dreavus

I've been able to win streak my way to the top 10% the last two arena weeks just by fighting teams obviously weaker than mine (and decline "Challenges" since you have no way of knowing who it's going to be against). Once I got up to around the top 9%-7% I started seeing nothing but strong teams, so it was hard to cheese any higher than that.

I'm hoping to do the same this week but we'll see how the rest of the community has progressed.

commish

OH, I don't know why I thought the accessories from the world boss were the same for everyone. I guess I lucked out a bit.

Goroh

How do arena titles work between characters? The points are shared, i suppose the title must be redeemed by the character you want it on?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
How do arena titles work between characters? The points are shared, i suppose the title must be redeemed by the character you want it on?

All titles stick with the character they are redeemed/earned on.
Make sure to go to alt accounts when redeeming things like costumes, titles, and borders that you already have on your main.

KimChi

Magnify ultimate should turn the character into a giant covering the whole screen. So swoll.
giant priest Viri please.

I've been able to win streak my way to the top 10% the last two arena weeks just by fighting teams obviously weaker than mine (and decline "Challenges" since you have no way of knowing who it's going to be against). Once I got up to around the top 9%-7% I started seeing nothing but strong teams, so it was hard to cheese any higher than that.

I'm hoping to do the same this week but we'll see how the rest of the community has progressed.
It was definitely easier to get top 5% 2 weeks ago for me. Now I usually get stuck at top 10% due to strong teams.

draw4wild

I somehow got boosted up to 9% for world boss and my earring from it is crap
8 atk speed, 12 accuracy, 40 rage so useless for my priest lol

And I just got through hero mode woo, just 1 level away from magnify ultimate.

I got the SS reward on my rogue and it was +30dex +30sta. I'm pretty happy about it

KimChi

I got the SS reward on my rogue and it was +30dex +30sta. I'm pretty happy about it

Damn nice, so underwhelmed by the earring I got.

Edit: Try Yurisica or Krusche for referral Yaari.
Double Edit: aw boo I've only gotten like 1 referral bonus, thats weird oh well :x

Posting again, can anyone help me fill out this table with the enhancement costs based on ally rank and current enhancement level?

Code:
	[U]			Current Enhance Level				 [/U]
	[U]|	|0	|1	|2	|3	|4	|5	|6	|7	|[/U]
	|SSS	|	|	|	|	|	|	|	|	|
	|SS	|1740	|	|	|	|	|	|	|	|
Ally	|S	|1180	|	|3540	|	|	|7080	|	|	|
Rank	|A	|780	|	|	|3120	|	|	|	|	|
	|B	|540	|	|	|	|	|	|	|	|
	|C	|380	|	|	|	|	|	|	|	|

All you really need to do is look at your ally list and find a few values that are missing and then post how much it costs to enhance.

Edit: Actually I just need the value for SSS at any enhancement level. I think the formula for going up an enhancement level on the same rank is to just add the base cost.

Top Bottom