• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Goroh

So say that "godfest" comes in 6 months. With such a weak team you won't finish more than top 20% in any events. I have a full +2 to MAX SS team and was a little ahead of the curve in levels and still only got top 2-3% last week. This week it will be worse as the general populace catches up in straight levels. It's going to require a good team to start excelling. You're foregoing anywhere from 150 (for 5% finish, getting 80 rubies instead of 30) to 270 (for a 1% finish) rubies PER WEEK for the 3 events we have now. You're giving up anywhere from 3,600 to 6,400 rubies. For what? Saving the 1000-2000 or so you would have spent on pulls? Not to mention how boring the game will be if all you are doing is grinding quest levels for that whole time.

Believe me, I understand looking at the long game, but these phone games they just don't stay that interesting for that long without a little spice. And having a good team is some spice.
Yeah, i think it's just... not fun to hoard everything til next season. And i play games for fun (shocking, i know). If the return is greater, good, if not, well i had fun blowing up my gems while waiting.

Kitoro

Yeah, i think it's just... not fun to hoard everything til next season. And i play games for fun (shocking, i know). If the return is greater, good, if not, well i had fun blowing up my gems while waiting.

Indeed. It's much more important to work towards a team that can get you into the top 1% on every leaderboard right now so that you can open up a revenue stream of 400+ rubies per week off the events alone.

Besides, when you MAX your first 4 SSS allies, and you get tired of them come Season 2 when a brand new line-up of units arrive, BAM! Rebirth for a chance of getting them straight away!

Yaari

I gave the strategy of waiting for these updates a go in different mobile games, its just incredibly boring. I'm not going to do that here. The thought of saving Rubies for 7 months when I enjoy pulling the Gacha to try my luck, nah.

This game is generous enough so that I'll make up for it.

FYI to US players seeking a guild, our guild is purging 5 members who haven't been participating in Guild Battles for weeks in the next day or so.

If you're at level 50 and are at least working towards your first MAX SSS ally for Guild Battles, let me know, and we'll get you in!

Can I join the guild? I got a SSS Fulson that I'm currently working on ever so slowly. My main is a level 50 defense warrior but currently leveling a rogue for pvp.

My characters name is SanLong.

Dreavus

Jesus, just got the Red SS priest everyone loves from a ruby summon. It might be time to retire the Dark Breath SS priest I just started gearing up!

sensui-tomo

got 3 parts of the buster armor (and an extra for my secondary), now i just have to finish legend mode to unlock deathcrown battle and get the rest of the pieces... what i lack in summons i've more than made up with equipment draws.
... just got a SSS helm from a mission level 50... why can i draw summons this good?

Pejo

What are you guys grinding on to get to 50 so fast? just the highest level quest you have access to that you can clear?

wapplew

What are you guys grinding on to get to 50 so fast? just the highest level quest you have access to that you can clear?

I grind at Deserted Tower boss stage. The boss will cast evade, you will mostly need to kill 2-3 wave of add before you kill her.
That's a lot of exp.

wapplew

Last day on guild battle, half healing map, I'm totally fucked.
Why this game hate priest so much? I should re roll OP rogue.

Saprol

So what class are people running? Priest or Rogue seems nice.

I switched early from Mage to Warrior because I was struggling to get some bulk on the team besides the starter B unit, but now I've got 2 SS Orc warriors.

Xeteh

Is there some sort of noob's guide to Dragon's Blaze? Played it for a day or two and it seems alright, wouldn't mind progressing further but I'm not sure if there's something I should be doing that I'm not.

Is a DPS warrior main character viable? I've been going tank because it's the obvious natural fit, but then I rolled an SS Ger, and it doesn't seem to useful to have 2 tanks.

Also, another question. Using the recommended enhancement strategy, how much can I expect to spend on average to max a single SS character? What does it normally take?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Is a DPS warrior main character viable? I've been going tank because it's the obvious natural fit, but then I rolled an SS Ger, and it doesn't seem to useful to have 2 tanks.

Also, another question. Using the recommended enhancement strategy, how much can I expect to spend on average to max a single SS character? What does it normally take?

300kish.
I wouldn't worry about gold. It's the fodder allies that hold you back. They are much harder to farm.

sensui-tomo

Got two more SSS secondary weapon stuff (quivers in a mission) and some accessories while XP grinding... Why cant i just get a good all healer.

300kish.
I wouldn't worry about gold. It's the fodder allies that hold you back. They are much harder to farm.

Well I have about 300 rubies and 400 friend points sitting around to do summons, plus maybe a combined 10-15 C-A summons in box already. The thing is I want to make a SSS by Thursday, because the reward is 200 rubies and if I don't do it by then I miss out on it. So I could happily spend 200 rubies to use all A and S fodder if it guarantees I can upgrade 2 SS units to max so I could combine them, because I would get the 200 rubies right back.

But I don't know if I could get 600k gold by then.

draw4wild

Well I have about 300 rubies and 400 friend points sitting around to do summons, plus maybe a combined 10-15 C-A summons in box already. The thing is I want to make a SSS by Thursday, because the reward is 200 rubies and if I don't do it by then I miss out on it. So I could happily spend 200 rubies to use all A and S fodder if it guarantees I can upgrade 2 SS units to max so I could combine them, because I would get the 200 rubies right back.

But I don't know if I could get 600k gold by then.

It would be much cheaper if you're going to use As and Ss since you won't have as many fails. It only gets to 300k if you use Cs after 20% bonus

Yaari

Yeah I also wanted an SSS before the 200 Ruby thing expires but I dont know if its worth gambling my SS tank away. I could do without my mage. But that tank being gone would suck.

Doubt 5 days is enough for me to do it.

Goroh

Yeah I also wanted an SSS before the 200 Ruby thing expires but I dont know if its worth gambling my SS tank away. I could do without my mage. But that tank being gone would suck.

If it's your only tank, don't do it. Your main tank is worth a lot more than 200 gems.

Yaari

If it's your only tank, don't do it. Your main tank is worth a lot more than 200 gems.

Yeah he's my main. Okay, better not do it then. Hopefully these 750 Rubies give me something decent.

Edit: Combined my first SS, Dark Curse. Some Tier site scored him Tier 3. Not too great.
They also scored Dark Mable Tiehr, Tier 1, but I don't see how She's not that great.

Ventara

I just found out you can combine potions/scrolls. Like, if you had one with 2/5 uses left and one with 1/5, you could combine them to a 3/5. Blew my mind. Also, you can get 10 rubies if you bring a party with a party effect on them to battle, so I've been trying to score all the different party effects from the allies I currently have.

Anyways, I combined my second SS and ended up getting Dark Arrow Aena. Eh, I guess I wanted a DPS, so she'll do.

So say that "godfest" comes in 6 months. With such a weak team you won't finish more than top 20% in any events. I have a full +2 to MAX SS team and was a little ahead of the curve in levels and still only got top 2-3% last week. This week it will be worse as the general populace catches up in straight levels. It's going to require a good team to start excelling. You're foregoing anywhere from 150 (for 5% finish, getting 80 rubies instead of 30) to 270 (for a 1% finish) rubies PER WEEK for the 3 events we have now. You're giving up anywhere from 3,600 to 6,400 rubies. For what? Saving the 1000-2000 or so you would have spent on pulls? Not to mention how boring the game will be if all you are doing is grinding quest levels for that whole time.

Believe me, I understand looking at the long game, but these phone games they just don't stay that interesting for that long without a little spice. And having a good team is some spice.

If it does take that long for the update to come out, then I'm inclined to agree with you. Nobody has time to wait that long. Better enjoy those rubies now while you're playing. I just didn't feel that the premium summons added much to my team (as you said, they're pretty much just fodder), and I figured if they came out with the update in a month, then it's better waiting.

Is there some sort of noob's guide to Dragon's Blaze? Played it for a day or two and it seems alright, wouldn't mind progressing further but I'm not sure if there's something I should be doing that I'm not.

https://gamelytic.com/dragon-blaze-complete-walkthrough-guide/

JigsawX

Anyone know if the future updates will add more armor slots to your allies? like helm / boots / gloves etc to them?

Not sure whether to fuse away these extra SSS headgear to level up my other SSS or hold them

Anyone know if the future updates will add more armor slots to your allies? like helm / boots / gloves etc to them?

Not sure whether to fuse away these extra SSS headgear to level up my other SSS or hold them

Yeah I would love fully equippable allies would make use of the mountains of junk gear I get

Yea I got super lucky and managed to get up to 3 SS's. 2 of them kind of suck though, Dark Curse and Dark Arrow Aena. So perfect opportunity to go for a SSS. I only managed to get Aena up to +4 and Curse up to +1 though. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen with my current gem and friend points. We'll see, still have 4-5 more days, but not looking good.

Yaari

Yeah I am just running Labyrinth. Its good for gold. I have a nice amount of A's to use for upgrading. Not the most efficient but Its taking up too much space. I think i can make it.

Nothing in Dark Mable Tiehr shows Tier 1 when I see her. So hopefully the SSS will be one I can use atleast.

Kitoro

Okay, last call for new BloodOath members!

We're purging 16 players today who never even registered for Guild Battle this week, and accepting anyone here who is level 50 and applies before 3pm!

We've been ranked top 5% in Guild Battles for 3 weeks straight, and desperately need more active Guild Battlers to retain our spot going forward!

So, again, apply now, and we'll take you in after 3pm PDT today!

JigsawX

Okay, last call for new BloodOath members!

We're purging 16 players today who never even registered for Guild Battle this week, and accepting anyone here who is level 50 and applies before 3pm!

We've been ranked top 5% in Guild Battles for 3 weeks straight, and desperately need more active Guild Battlers to retain our spot going forward!

So, again, apply now, and we'll take you in after 3pm PDT today!

What's the # of guild battles required per week?

I'm not sure if I'm just terrible and it's all me, but it seems like I fail about 40% of raids against heroic Komodo Dragon. The stupid auto-raid matcher doesn't guarantee a healer, and he does a lot of damage. I never had this problem on the normal mode raids, but it's really frustrating to lose so many tickets and not be able to do anything about it. I'm always the first one to die, being the tank who taunts and then there's nobody there to heal me, but I'm not sure if it would make a difference if I stayed alive, because as a tank I don't do that much damage anyway.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm not sure if I'm just terrible and it's all me, but it seems like I fail about 40% of raids against heroic Komodo Dragon. The stupid auto-raid matcher doesn't guarantee a healer, and he does a lot of damage. I never had this problem on the normal mode raids, but it's really frustrating to lose so many tickets and not be able to do anything about it. I'm always the first one to die, being the tank who taunts and then there's nobody there to heal me, but I'm not sure if it would make a difference if I stayed alive, because as a tank I don't do that much damage anyway.

It gets worse at legend. Honestly stick with DC for gear until you get to the worm boss in hero. I would only complete Komodo once for the gems.

KimChi

Just skip Komodo raid, it is the most annoying out of all the raid bosses imo cause of his aoe stun. I skipped it altogether and farmed deathcrown until I unlocked the desert raid boss.

Question, how are you guys building the rogue btw? just curious what your builds are since i'll be working on leveling rogue or mage since I just reached 50 on priest.

Ventara

Yeah I am just running Labyrinth. Its good for gold. I have a nice amount of A's to use for upgrading. Not the most efficient but Its taking up too much space. I think i can make it.

Nothing in Dark Mable Tiehr shows Tier 1 when I see her. So hopefully the SSS will be one I can use atleast.

I think a 39% team attack bonus for 34s is pretty dope.

Yaari

I think a 39% team attack bonus for 34s is pretty dope.

I had no idea she did that.. lol, that's pretty neat yeah. Yeah I probably shouldn't get rid of her then. Not sure which SS to sacrifice then. Will be tricky. Dark Lance and Tiehr are both considered Tier 1.

Ventara

I had no idea she did that.. lol, that's pretty neat yeah. Yeah I probably shouldn't get rid of her then. Not sure which SS to sacrifice then. Will be tricky. Dark Lance and Tiehr are both considered Tier 1.

You're doing this for the 200 rubies, right? If so, I'd advise against it. That 200 rubies is gonna net you a couple As most likely, and there's nothing worse than giving up 2 good SS allies for 1 crappy SSS ally.

If you already have a full team of good SS allies, then sure, combine your spares, but otherwise, I'd keep them.

Yaari

You're doing this for the 200 rubies, right? If so, I'd advise against it. That 200 rubies is gonna net you a couple As most likely, and there's nothing worse than giving up 2 good SS allies for 1 crappy SSS ally.

If you already have a full team of good SS allies, then sure, combine your spares, but otherwise, I'd keep them.

Yeah, I was. I might just make another SS instead then. I still have plenty of other spare fodder to get rid of first. I think 5 days is enough to farm Gold. I should be fine.
Might drop some money on the game because I like what they are doing. Don't intend on spending much after that though.

Just skip Komodo raid, it is the most annoying out of all the raid bosses imo cause of his aoe stun. I skipped it altogether and farmed deathcrown until I unlocked the desert raid boss.

Yea just hit 34 so I went over to Storm Tyrant and this is a world of difference. Getting S and SS every time, fights are over in 30 seconds.

sensui-tomo

So i combined another SS to make an SSS today, made 2 meh guys into GNOLL :/ at least i'm level 50 with all potions/acessories unlocked.

Kitoro

So i combined another SS to make an SSS today, made 2 meh guys into GNOLL :/ at least i'm level 50 with all potions/acessories unlocked.

Better than Dark Gnarl! He's got fine DPS output, and is quite tanky, so he'll serve you well until you've got a full team of MAX SSS and are ready to rebirth!

sensui-tomo

Better than Dark Gnarl! He's got fine DPS output, and is quite tanky, so he'll serve you well until you've got a full team of MAX SSS and are ready to rebirth!

My team is still alright considering, thank god Gnoll has an AoE attack, but the only thing i really need, is a Viri healer(or whatever that line of healers is called)... (abyss king is great to the point where i dont need to upgrade unless i get a new tank... He'll still be replaced by Gram or byron if/when i get them)

Top Bottom