• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Yaari

"Dokk" if anyone needs a referral. I'm halfway to 41. Not sure if I'll go for that sss bonus.

I think it's disty and aena; tirud and Lance; and mage veril.

Thoughts? Combine tirud and one of the archers, or veril?

Veril and Tirud are Tier 4 and Tier 3. I'd probably use those.

Vitanimus

veril fucking SUX

I managed to luck out with Urk, Vurch and Aena. now I just need an SS healer ;___; having an A healer that dies to basically any AoE is super annoying

veril fucking SUX

I managed to luck out with Urk, Vurch and Aena. now I just need an SS healer ;___; having an A healer that dies to basically any AoE is super annoying

Storm Tyrant gear has Stamina set bonus and the armors he drop have pretty good hp boosts.

Been decking out my healers in prep to finally beat hero Gram

garath

Storm Tyrant gear has Stamina set bonus and the armors he drop have pretty good hp boosts.

Been decking out my healers in prep to finally beat hero Gram

Yeah. Don't underestimate just loading your teammates with straight defensive chests. It's a big help.

Einbroch

Banned
Hit 50, time to casually play, get my dailies/weeklies/etc.

Still loving it because it's so mindless actually playing it. Perfect work game. Run a raid here, get some coin in the labyrinth, etc.

Yaari

Hit 50, time to casually play, get my dailies/weeklies/etc.

Still loving it because it's so mindless actually playing it. Perfect work game. Run a raid here, get some coin in the labyrinth, etc.

That's really why I like it so much. I don't need another game that requires full attention for 30 minutes a day to get rid of my supply Shoes/Tickets. It's so time consuming, and it adds up when you have multiple of those.

I could not be happier about this game. I only wish I started sooner.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
It's just a bit sad that those at the very top reap ALL the rewards, while the rest of us are fighting for scraps. It's just the way games like these are meant to be, I guess.

Lanrutcon

It's just a bit sad that those at the very top reap ALL the rewards, while the rest of us are fighting for scraps. It's just the way games like these are meant to be, I guess.

Fuck that, I would settle for ONE top tier SS unit. My luck is absolutely terrible. If I get another shitty ranger copy I'm going to stop playing.

garath

The top is a lot more competitive that it was. I've had to fight my way through a lot of 50s this week to even get top 5% in arena. No way I'm hitting 1%. I've slacked a little bit in upgrading my team and the general populace is hitting 50 more.

RS4-

Well, combined Veril and Tirud, got Captain Turq.

With team SS, I'm currently top 10% for Arena, my previous high was 15%.

Yaari

Well, combined Veril and Tirud, got Captain Turq.

With team SS, I'm currently top 10% for Arena, my previous high was 15%.

Tier 1 Mage. Well worth it I guess. Grats.

I'm on 13% for Arena. But only level 34. I think I started less than a week ago. Could be worse.

Kreed

I like the combine system in this game but I'm getting really tired of this game giving me SS warriors (at #4 now, 4 SS overall, running a Warrior lead).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The top is a lot more competitive that it was. I've had to fight my way through a lot of 50s this week to even get top 5% in arena. No way I'm hitting 1%. I've slacked a little bit in upgrading my team and the general populace is hitting 50 more.

I was able to get under 2% before I hit 50 but I don't think I'll get near 1% until I get some SSS. Rolling with 4 SS right now, but I have to admit, they are stomping everything. I know people worship AOE healers, but my 2 single target healers are cruising

JigsawX

I was able to get under 2% before I hit 50 but I don't think I'll get near 1% until I get some SSS. Rolling with 4 SS right now, but I have to admit, they are stomping everything. I know people worship AOE healers, but my 2 single target healers are cruising

Yea single target ones aren't bad. Just the SSS/SS AoE's one are nice for those burst aoe dungeons like Legend Gram/ and AoE mage arenas. Also later stages of Labyrinth.

I generally keep one AoE and one Burst

wapplew

I'm at 1.2% at the moment, I don't think I can make it into 1%, just a little late to the party I guess.
Shame that I didn't play this game early, get into that 1% and start rolling. Those on top will always on top unless you try to out spend them.

If those population start shrinking, it will get worse.

sensui-tomo

I'm at 1.2% at the moment, I don't think I can make it into 1%, just a little late to the party I guess.
Shame that I didn't play this game early, get into that 1% and start rolling. Those on top will always on top unless you try to out spend them.

If those population start shrinking, it will get worse.

I noticed the lab population dropped considerably, or more people are making WAY higher scores than they did the past 2 weeks since i've played, I mean i get more than double my previous score of last week, yet i'm still at a higher percentage rank than i was then.. then i notice that less people joined since i'm ranked under 1000(894) on it.

Einbroch

Banned
I noticed the lab population dropped considerably, or more people are making WAY higher scores than they did the past 2 weeks since i've played, I mean i get more than double my previous score of last week, yet i'm still at a higher percentage rank than i was then.. then i notice that less people joined since i'm ranked under 1000(894) on it.

Laby is a waste to time, for me.

You get a decent amount of gold from running dungeons, and you're going to be running the red levels anyway for loot. And the rewards from Laby are lame.

JigsawX

You get a decent amount of gold from running dungeons, and you're going to be running the red levels anyway for loot. And the rewards from Laby are lame.

Really? The rewards aren't amazing true but, I'm netting 12-14k per run. I can't remember dungeons runs off the of my head but they only reward like 1k max don't they? This is considering I blow through 500k like water enhancing stuff though.

What's the best way to get about 200 rubies in 3 days? I'm in Obsidian Mountain on hero but I'm not sure I'll be able to beat Gram in that time, only level 36. Any other notable ruby quests i can farm for?

Im 9.76% on Arena now, if i stay under 10 i get about 50 there

sensui-tomo

Its the same rewards as arena o.o how are they lame? I've gotten 80 rubies each week for the past 2 weeks , I mean add that, with guild + arena and bam .. alot of rubies.
And at the point i'm at now in lab, i can efficiently get 12k per run... only wish i could get father in legend, stuck at the last dugeon with the boss who is the priest, with the 2 tanks and 2 rogues i think its 3 or 4 fights before legend gram.

Ventara

Squeezed myself into the top 10% in Arena just now. I'm at 8.87% and I hope that's enough to keep me there. I'm at 19.something% in Labyrinth, and I think I'll just leave that as is. No way am I gonna make to 10% for that.

Anyways, I'm in the final zone in hero mode. I'll hopefully finish off hero mode tomorrow or Wednesday.

sensui-tomo

And for people wondering now whom have learn the wonder that is labyrinth, it resets thursdays, dont forget, Arena resets tomorrow morning, and World boss will be back for rewards + Rubies.
Also Guild people, go into Rewards, get the guild reward and the single reward(this is if you did guild battles)

KimChi

Only thing I hate about labyrinth is how long each run can take if you can go pretty far, it needs a fast forward button.
For you guys who mained a rogue what ultimate did you guys take? Im thinking either hidden blades or dance of death ultimate since accessories that let you start with max vigor could be pretty good for dance of death no?

Oh and has anyone tried dungeon link btw? Different gameplay but a similar enhance system with the choice a being able to evolve units if you like the unit, really easy to get gems for premium summon in that game and your able to get a premium summon everyday just by doing daily quests o.o

JigsawX

Only thing I hate about labyrinth is how long each run can take if you can go pretty far, it needs a fast forward button.
For you guys who mained a rogue what ultimate did you guys take? Im thinking either hidden blades or dance of death ultimate since accessories that let you start with max vigor could be pretty good for dance of death no?

Oh and has anyone tried dungeon link btw? Different gameplay but a similar enhance system with the choice a being able to evolve units if you like the unit, really easy to get gems for premium summon in that game and your able to get a premium summon everyday just by doing daily quests o.o

I'm going Dance of Death on my rogue

https://gamelytic.com/dragon-blaze-best-rogue-guide/

Dreavus

How would you guys go about maxing rapport on a bunch of new units (mostly A and some B; from a bunch of summons) in hero mode? I'm level 41, and have not finished hero yet. I want to max rapport with some of these units before using them for fusing.

Do you just throw one unit in as training while progressing with the rest of the party, and hope he survives enough fights to level up a bit and get rapport? Do you make a full party of A rank guys and do lower level stuff to master them all at once?

garath

I am struggling finishing the fortress on Legend. Too many AoE archers. Wiping my party even with revives. I am missing a REALLY good SS AoE damage dealer unfortunately. Doing some rapport building and trying to save for a respec, turn my rogue into an AoE killer.

edit:

How would you guys go about maxing rapport on a bunch of new units (mostly A and some B; from a bunch of summons) in hero mode? I'm level 41, and have not finished hero yet. I want to max rapport with some of these units before using them for fusing.

Do you just throw one unit in as training while progressing with the rest of the party, and hope he survives enough fights to level up a bit and get rapport? Do you make a full party of A rank guys and do lower level stuff to master them all at once?

One to two units at a time max. They won't survive otherwise. My favorite level is Obsidian Mountain entrance, the 5th stage. Good xp, no AoE damage dealers. In Legend I finish a rapport in 3-4 attempts on that stage.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Oh can anyone answer from the KRN version? Do allies ever get more armor slots? Like helm / boots / gloves?

Yes.

Single unit at a time.

Here is my strategy for legend rapport maxing. It should work for Hero as well.
John's Pumpkin Patch 9 (boss stage)
- Since the boss has crazy high evasion, you will get all 3 waves of mob spawns so you will kill more enemies. This is best for both rapport and leveling new units. I max rapport in 4 runs. (maybe 3 I can't remember) This provides roughly 180k exp per run on legend without the exp buff.

JigsawX

Depends on how efficient you want to be. If you don't mind using a bunch of shoes than what I used to do was take a party of 3. Do lake area twice (normal) so the leveled then go to road to dark fortress (normal) and do the first level with the mushrooms. Takes about 30-40 shoes but you generally max out all 3 roughly at the same time even if one dies 1-2 times.

Once you can farm legend than it's a bit different.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I take it that this happens in S2? Are they pretty much fully equipped like the main classes than?

I don't know what update it will happen on, but it is that way in the Korean version.

I would not horde gear though. That would be a terrible idea.
The level cap will likely be raised by that time as well so this gear will be obsolete.

I would recommend you keep using that SS+ gear for enhancing weapons, offhands, and chests for your allies and keep trucking along until the update.

JigsawX

I don't know what update it will happen on, but it is that way in the Korean version.

I would not horde gear though. That would be a terrible idea.
The level cap will likely be raised by that time as well so this gear will be obsolete.

I would recommend you keep using that SS+ gear for enhancing weapons, offhands, and chests for your allies and keep trucking along until the update.

Ah okay thanks, was debating what to do with all these extra SSS helms and boots.

Pejo

I'm having the hardest time deciding if I want to try to combine my 2 SS's into an SSS before Thursday. While I've been thinking about it, I've been grinding labyrinth for gold.

The way I look at it, if I use 200 rubies for pulls for fodder, and can get a SSS with my current characters + the 200 rubies, I'd be even on rubies and one SSS character richer. The downside is I'm not sure with 200 rubies worth of pulls I would have enough fodder to upgrade my SS's characters. That's 7 pull characters plus the 7 S's I have right now, plus about 10 A's and a bunch of B/C's. I just don't feel confident that I could max out two SS's with those kind of numbers.

Would you guys suggest just foregoing the 200 rubies and keep slowly upgrading my team?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm having the hardest time deciding if I want to try to combine my 2 SS's into an SSS before Thursday. While I've been thinking about it, I've been grinding labyrinth for gold.

The way I look at it, if I use 200 rubies for pulls for fodder, and can get a SSS with my current characters + the 200 rubies, I'd be even on rubies and one SSS character richer. The downside is I'm not sure with 200 rubies worth of pulls I would have enough fodder to upgrade my SS's characters. That's 7 pull characters plus the 7 S's I have right now, plus about 10 A's and a bunch of B/C's. I just don't feel confident that I could max out two SS's with those kind of numbers.

Would you guys suggest just foregoing the 200 rubies and keep slowly upgrading my team?

Here is the rule of thumb:
Have 8 S before combining for SS (4 allies + 4 helpers)
Have 8 SS before combining for SSS (4 allies + 4 helpers)

If you don't care about labyrinth, then you would do best to not upgrade until you have 6 units as stated above.

There are things that blur the lines such as some S rank MAX+2 having higher stats than SS+MAX. But that is the general guideline.
This game rewards a well rounded team and penalizes a single uber strong character.

JigsawX

If you don't care about labyrinth, then you would do best to not upgrade until you have 6 units as stated above.

There are things that blur the lines such as some S rank MAX+2 having higher stats than SS+MAX. But that is the general guideline.
This game rewards a well rounded team and penalizes a single uber strong character.

If you don't mind me asking what would you do if you were me

Laby - Generally round 20-22
Arena - 2-4% bracket

Mage (current main) -
Helm - Legendary Buster Max - 2/4 good rolls
Gloves Max- SSS - 3/4 good rolls
Robes +5 - SS - 3 decent rolls
Boots Max - SSS - 2 good rolls
Weapon - Buster max - Meh rolls, have a secondary with slightly better
Offhand - Buster Max - 3 good rolls
Accessories - All SSS of various nature
Currently 4/6 Buster. Some of my other SSS are much better rolls than the buster set though.

Mainly going to use her for Dungeon farming / Arena / Labyrinth

Rogue (almost 50)
Helm - Buster Helm - 2 good rolls
Gloves - SSS - 3 good rolls
Armor - Buster - 4 good rolls
Boots - Buster - 3 good rolls
Weapon - Buster - Not sure if good rolls
Offand - SSS - Very good rolls
Accessories - All SSS with solid vigor + AS

Mainly looking to use him for the World boss / Faster SS raid farming

Party
Dark Priest Porin +7 (SSS) - Solid gear all max
Dark Archer Pitch +5 (SSS) - Buster Weapon set Max + SS armor - Max
Commander Arat Max (SS) - Weakest gear of everyone
Dark Lance Max (SS) - Second weakest gear but Max

Subs
Dark Breath - Max (SS) - All gear maxed
Preist Ranran Max (S) - All gear maxed

Sorcere Mer (SSS) - Max leveled him but shortly after got Porin so he has no gear
Desert Gnarl - Max (SS) - Has nothing
Punisher Roq +2 (SS) - has nothing

Was planning to fuse gnarl and roq together for a new SSS. Should I wait?
Looking at this now, I can just put gear on Mer and fuse Dark Breath with Commander Arat or wait for a new SS later on.

What do you think I should focus on?

Sorry for the wall of text!

Pejo

Cheers, thanks for the advice. I guess I just saw the event as a way to get a "free" SSS character, but in reality I think i'm too far away. I'll work on getting 8 SS's as you said and just disregard those 200 rubies. I'm sure there will be new events in the future.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
If you don't mind me asking what would you do if you were me

Laby - Generally round 20-22
Arena - 2-4% bracket

Mage (current main) -
Helm - Legendary Buster Max - 2/4 good rolls
Gloves Max- SSS - 3/4 good rolls
Robes +5 - SS - 3 decent rolls
Boots Max - SSS - 2 good rolls
Weapon - Buster max - Meh rolls, have a secondary with slightly better
Offhand - Buster Max - 3 good rolls
Accessories - All SSS of various nature
Currently 4/6 Buster. Some of my other SSS are much better rolls than the buster set though.

Mainly going to use her for Dungeon farming / Arena / Labyrinth

Rogue (almost 50)
Helm - Buster Helm - 2 good rolls
Gloves - SSS - 3 good rolls
Armor - Buster - 4 good rolls
Boots - Buster - 3 good rolls
Weapon - Buster - Not sure if good rolls
Offand - SSS - Very good rolls
Accessories - All SSS with solid vigor + AS

Mainly looking to use him for the World boss / Faster SS raid farming

Party
Dark Priest Porin +7 (SSS) - Solid gear all max
Dark Archer Pitch +5 (SSS) - Buster Weapon set Max + SS armor - Max
Commander Arat Max (SS) - Weakest gear of everyone
Dark Lance Max (SS) - Second weakest gear but Max

Subs
Dark Breath - Max (SS) - All gear maxed
Preist Ranran Max (S) - All gear maxed

Sorcere Mer (SSS) - Max leveled him but shortly after got Porin so he has no gear
Desert Gnarl - Max (SS) - Has nothing
Punisher Roq +2 (SS) - has nothing

Was planning to fuse gnarl and roq together for a new SSS. Should I wait?
Looking at this now, I can just put gear on Mer and fuse Dark Breath with Commander Arat or wait for a new SS later on.

What do you think I should focus on?

Sorry for the wall of text!

Since you already have a good healer and tank that are SS or above, go ahead and fuse away. I would definitely fuse away dark breath, gnarl, Roq and Keep Mer. Mer is unique because he has an AOE attack and a single target heal. He can make for an interesting team comp. You could bring your Ranran to MAX+2 if you ever need a backup AOE healer.

With more AOE damage you could easily jump to 1% arena. My mage rocks it up there.

Cheers, thanks for the advice. I guess I just saw the event as a way to get a "free" SSS character, but in reality I think i'm too far away. I'll work on getting 8 SS's as you said and just disregard those 200 rubies. I'm sure there will be new events in the future.

If 200 rubies was even close to equal an SSS character, that would be way too easy. I think the value of an SSS is closer to 600 honestly. They require loads of resources to make.

Top Bottom