• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Just had the most ridiculous thing ever. I was enhancing an S from +5 to max and it took SIX rank A feeders. What the fuck. First one failed at 50 and 65, second failed at 50, 65, 80, and (!!!) 95. Fucking got to 100%

Is hero progression gated on character level? I'm level 30, beat desert of the fallen which is ranked 32-34, and now nothing else has unlocked. Is something screwed up or will it unlock when I'm higher level?

Yaari

Anyone bought this character skins, they apparently give boosts too.

Any strong level 50 out there that I can add to get through the last 2 stages?

Uthred

Anyone bought this character skins, they apparently give boosts too.

Any strong level 50 out there that I can add to get through the last 2 stages?

Bought the "Radiant Mist" Mage one (the black one), it gives +10 INT and +38 DEF. No enhance option on them.

draw4wild

Good morning so far, got through Gram Legend and with the reward rubies, pulled a SSS Sorcerer Mer. With him and Porin I'm set on healers I think

Yaari

Good morning so far, got through Gram Legend and with the reward rubies, pulled a SSS Sorcerer Mer. With him and Porin I'm set on healers I think

Wow, that's some luck.

I am wondering what I should do first. I should probably convert unwanted S characters into SS. I pulled a fair bit of them and don't really use them. If I do have way too much A's though, taking up my entire Allies page.

And a severe lack of gold to get through all of it, haha.

sensui-tomo

U.S PDT: 06/05 ~ 06/08 6PM
EU CEST: 06/05 ~ 06/08 6PM
SEA SGT: 06/05 ~ 06/08 6PM

12 PM ~ 3 PM: Raid - SS+ Item Drop 50% Increase
3 PM ~ 6 PM: EXP +30% Increase
6 PM ~ 9 PM: Raid - SS+ Item Drop 50% Increase
9 PM ~ 12 AM: EXP +30% Increase

Note:

- 50% Increase means 50% of the original rate.
(Ex: If there is a 10% chance of an SS item, it will be 15% during the event time.)

- EXP Boost only applies to "Adventure Mode." (Does not apply to Raid, Endless or Arena)

Ventara

Just had the most ridiculous thing ever. I was enhancing an S from +5 to max and it took SIX rank A feeders. What the fuck. First one failed at 50 and 65, second failed at 50, 65, 80, and (!!!) 95. Fucking got to 100%

What? Why did you do that? You should have used Cs after the first A.

garath

So close to finishing legend. Few more stages. Just using scrolls willy nilly. I just want to get through it so I can raid deathcrown and get the bonus rubies

What? Why did you do that? You should have used Cs after the first A.

I had over 15 As, 0 Cs, and not much gold. It's like 11k / attempt at +5, and i just wanted to squeeze out those last 2 levels so I could get an SS. Didn't think it would take so many attempts

Uthred

Any "pro-tips" on how to spend Rubies? Should one save them for a godfest equvialent, expand inventory or just roll away? (in my weakness I bought a costume, Fashion Blaze?)

sensui-tomo

Any "pro-tips" on how to spend Rubies? Should one save them for a godfest equvialent, expand inventory or just roll away? (in my weakness I bought a costume, Fashion Blaze?)

Dont expand inventory ever, The only things you should buy with rubies, second potion slot (maybe a 3rd if you need it... probably not needed till Legend mode) , all accessory slots (you'll use these once you get to legend as i dont thing accessories drop that much early on), Costume stuff if you dont run Arena, And summons... If you want more inventory just make new characters and bam... more spots just transfer through storage and you got room. As for the "godfest" ... thats not till Season 2 with guarenteed pulls... so after i buy my third accessory slot.. (and maybe potion slot) I'm saving up big time for rubies.

I finally beat legendary last night and was surprised to find the Deathcrown raid is so much easier than all the other raids in legendary. I guess bouncer Gram is doing a good job keeping all the unworthy out.

I got a fairly decent roster of characters in my team so I'm just going to tough it out until season 2 to spend my rubies. I don't even plan to make anymore SSS characters, just make a bunch of SS characters and have them ready to fuse for a chance to get the season 2 SSS. I already have almost 2,000 rubies saved up so when season 2 comes around I will be swimming in SSS characters.

sensui-tomo

I finally beat legendary last night and was surprised to find the Deathcrown raid is so much easier than all the other raids in legendary. I guess bouncer Gram is doing a good job keeping all the unworthy out.

I got a fairly decent roster of characters in my team so I'm just going to tough it out until season 2 to spend my rubies. I don't even plan to make anymore SSS characters, just make a bunch of SS characters and have them ready to fuse for a chance to get the season 2 SSS. I already have almost 2,000 rubies saved up so when season 2 comes around I will be swimming in SSS characters.

Dupes and Gnolls

Ventara

Don't roll. I'd personally spent them on unlocking all inventory/storage slots, accessory/potion slots, and then go into hoard mode for the godfest.

Goroh

Is it really worth it to just hoard until the next season? It could be a year away for all that we know, and rolling is a big part of the fun in games like this...

Kitoro

FYI to US players seeking a guild, our guild is purging 5 members who haven't been participating in Guild Battles for weeks in the next day or so.

If you're at level 50 and are at least working towards your first MAX SSS ally for Guild Battles, let me know, and we'll get you in!

Ventara

FYI to US players seeking a guild, our guild is purging 5 members who haven't been participating in Guild Battles for weeks in the next day or so.

If you're at level 50 and are at least working towards your first MAX SSS ally for Guild Battles, let me know, and we'll get you in!

Damn, what rank is your guild?

JigsawX

By Max do you mean +8 or Limit broken to +10?

garath

Don't roll. I'd personally spent them on unlocking all inventory/storage slots, accessory/potion slots, and then go into hoard mode for the godfest.

Bad advice. If you don't roll you aren't going to have a very strong party. Most of the reason for rolling is for fodder. You'll have a very tough time getting SS and SSS without.

Its almost an investment. With a stronger party you will place higher in the weekly events and get a steady stream of ruby income.

Guess I should have joined when only being level 50 was the requirement lol.

Ventara

Bad advice. If you don't roll you aren't going to have a very strong party. Most of the reason for rolling is for fodder. You'll have a very tough time getting SS and SSS without.

Its almost an investment. With a stronger party you will place higher in the weekly events and get a steady stream of ruby income.

You can get enough fodder from regular battles. Cs for As, Bs for Ss, and As for SSs. I know As are rare, but so are SS units. You'll get enough As from regular battles to level your SS units.

I think that for now, building up a good team by combining is the smart choice. You won't have any SSS units and only a few SS units, but they should be enough to carry you.

Spending Rubies now is a poor investment, as the return once the godfest event hits will be so much higher.

Dreavus

You can get enough fodder from regular battles. Cs for As, Bs for Ss, and As for SSs. I know As are rare, but so are SS units. You'll get enough As from regular battles to level your SS units.

I think that for now, building up a good team by combining is the smart choice. You won't have any SSS units and only a few SS units, but they should be enough to carry you.

Spending Rubies now is a poor investment, as the return once the godfest event hits will be so much higher.

Will there be a godfest though? I know I was asking earlier about waiting for an event like that to spend rubies, and some were saying there's not much precedent for it in the korean version of the game.

Ventara

Will there be a godfest though? I know I was asking earlier about waiting for an event like that to spend rubies, and some were saying there's not much precedent for it in the korean version of the game.

By godfest, I meant that roll thing that guarantees you a SSS after 27 rolls. I just saw "godfest" and assumed that's what you guys were talking about.

As for whether it'll come here, I don't see any reason it won't, as the game will be pretty short-lived without Season 2 and more updates.

Dreavus

By godfest, I meant that roll thing that guarantees you a SSS after 27 rolls. I just saw "godfest" and assumed that's what you guys were talking about.

As for whether it'll come here, I don't see any reason it won't, as the game will be pretty short-lived without Season 2 and more updates.

Oh okay. Yeah I'm not too sure about the terminology myself. Yeah if that does come here, it'd be worth saving enough for at least one run of 27.

garath

So say that "godfest" comes in 6 months. With such a weak team you won't finish more than top 20% in any events. I have a full +2 to MAX SS team and was a little ahead of the curve in levels and still only got top 2-3% last week. This week it will be worse as the general populace catches up in straight levels. It's going to require a good team to start excelling. You're foregoing anywhere from 150 (for 5% finish, getting 80 rubies instead of 30) to 270 (for a 1% finish) rubies PER WEEK for the 3 events we have now. You're giving up anywhere from 3,600 to 6,400 rubies. For what? Saving the 1000-2000 or so you would have spent on pulls? Not to mention how boring the game will be if all you are doing is grinding quest levels for that whole time.

Believe me, I understand looking at the long game, but these phone games they just don't stay that interesting for that long without a little spice. And having a good team is some spice.

Top Bottom