• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Yaari

I guess 12% is my limit for Arena. Taking too many tickets now to climb up, and I'm hardly facing people in my level range anymore. Oh well its been fun.

sensui-tomo

If 200 rubies was even close to equal an SSS character, that would be way too easy. I think the value of an SSS is closer to 600 honestly. They require loads of resources to make.
I think in the Korean version, you have to spend about 600+ to get a guaranteed one.

I guess 12% is my limit for Arena. Taking too many tickets now to climb up, and I'm hardly facing people in my level range anymore. Oh well its been fun.
You might get bumped into lower percentages if more people sign up, its happened to me before, + you'll get a nice title which will boost some stats up.

Vitanimus

whew, finally beat gram on hero. I respecced my priest character, leveled to 40 and pumped points into charming light and the ultimate form. I'll respec again at level 44 for the magnify ultimate. feelsgoodman.png

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
whew, finally beat gram on hero. I respecced my priest character, leveled to 40 and pumped points into charming light and the ultimate form. I'll respec again at level 44 for the magnify ultimate. feelsgoodman.png

Then after you respec to magnify you will hit legendary gram. lol

Kitoro

Charming Light tree is much more helpful against Legend Gram, IMO. I'd wait to beat him before you respec.

garath

Hmm.. I just respeced my 50 rogue from Hidden blades to Dance of Death and I'm a little concerned. Didn't seem like that great of a jump in dps. Would be a big waste of rubies if not.

I've reached 35 today.

Yea I'm 36 and I'm sitting at 9.8% right now. It's hard to stay in, but I have a max rank SS and another +4 SS, so it's helping me when I find some similarly levelled characters. But I have to check every 2 hours or so and make sure I didn't drop under 10, it's getting pretty competitive. If I end up not getting top 10% it will be pretty annoying, as I imagined I've dumped 200+ raid tickets into arena to stay top 10, so all those will have been totally wasted.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just reminding people of the maintenance tonight 06/08: 5:00PM ~ 9:30PM PDT.

Plan your last minute arena runs accordingly!

Yaari

Yea I'm 36 and I'm sitting at 9.8% right now. It's hard to stay in, but I have a max rank SS and another +4 SS, so it's helping me when I find some similarly levelled characters. But I have to check every 2 hours or so and make sure I didn't drop under 10, it's getting pretty competitive. If I end up not getting top 10% it will be pretty annoying, as I imagined I've dumped 200+ raid tickets into arena to stay top 10, so all those will have been totally wasted.

Ah, I probably made the right decision then. Oh well I figure next week should be easier. That sounds like a hassle, I don't want to be putting all my tickets into it. Main focus is still getting that SSS. Currently building another SS for that. Hope it turns out to be a crappy one, I'd hate to have to sacrifice a good one.

JigsawX

Hmm.. I just respeced my 50 rogue from Hidden blades to Dance of Death and I'm a little concerned. Didn't seem like that great of a jump in dps. Would be a big waste of rubies if not.

This is just speculation since my rogue hasn't hit 50 yet to try out all his tasty gear. I'm basing it off the raid. All the big spikers in damage I've seen have been the DoD rogues who start their combo and drop their health in huge chunks. just see like 10-20k crits flying everywhere.

JigsawX

Is Dark Archer Pitch a higher chance(probably not just feels like it)? Already seen 3 so far today, I feel like I've seen that name several times before in channels and posted here.

Uthred

The rewards for placing high with the Golem (and other events) seem pretty good, though it does look like it'll lead to a rich get richer scenario or drive spending which is presumably the point.

Dreavus

Ranger Disty, dupe unfortunately. Still, quite happy about it!

You don't believe enough. You must become one with the game. Only then you shall see... the true light.

Whoa! An SS from a premium summon is unicorn territory already. I've never got anything better than a B from friend summons!

draw4wild

Just combined for my 4th SSS and got Captain Freya. My four are now dark gnoll, Freya, dark priest Porin, and Sorcerer Mer. All bottom tier besides Porin. Are any of them worth maxing for guild battle? I feel a max SS hunter misty is still more valuable in guild battles. And is Freya better than a max Swordsman Vurch for my arena/labyrinth/world boss team?

I think they need to limit the hero allies to just rebirth or maybe combine. So annoying I can spend 100s of rubies and hundreds of thousands of gold to combine and get subpar allies and lvl 22s are walking around with Grams and Byrons. I would say over half of the guild battles I do put me up against a Gram or Byron

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just combined for my 4th SSS and got Captain Freya. My four are now dark gnoll, Freya, dark priest Porin, and Sorcerer Mer. All bottom tier besides Porin. Are any of them worth maxing for guild battle? I feel a max SS hunter misty is still more valuable in guild battles. And is Freya better than a max Swordsman Vurch for my arena/labyrinth/world boss team?

I think they need to limit the hero allies to just rebirth or maybe combine. So annoying I can spend 100s of rubies and hundreds of thousands of gold to combine and get subpar allies and lvl 22s are walking around with Grams and Byrons. I would say over half of the guild battles I do put me up against a Gram or Byron

RNG is RNG.

At least you got Porin. Many would kill for that.

JigsawX

Making me nervous, Going to go for my 4th one in a couple days. Also we share 2 of the same SSS!

garath

have you beaten L Gram yet? i have 2 SSS , 1SS maxed tank (the best in his rank) and a shitty S healer, i'm 5 stages(as in 10 boots ) away from gram... its soooo hard.

I'm in the same boat. I can't get through the last 4-5 stages. The masses of AoE archers are so deadly. I'm struggling.

I'm in the same boat. I can't get through the last 4-5 stages. The masses of AoE archers are so deadly. I'm struggling.

Yeah it sucks having to deal with that. They throw wave after wave where they all spam their abilities right away.

Sucks unless you are lucky enough to h ave your cooldowns recharged in time.

You can sometimes buy time by turning auto off and preventing yourself from wiping the enemy before your cooldowns have refreshed

Einbroch

Banned
I can't think of any issues that need to be addressed is the issue of combining for duplicates. You should not be able to combine for a duplicate SSS. SS and below? Sure. Premium rolls? Sure.

But there is nothing, NOTHING more frustrating than rolling a duplicate SSS that you farmed the "materials" for for a week+.

I can't think of any issues that need to be addressed is the issue of combining for duplicates. You should not be able to combine for a duplicate SSS. SS and below? Sure. Premium rolls? Sure.

But there is nothing, NOTHING more frustrating than rolling a duplicate SSS that you farmed the "materials" for for a week+.

Thats why rebirth exists man

Also SSS stuff is endgame anyways. You can totally beat everything with Limit break S-SS characters.

Just have to have the right team and the right gear

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Rebirth guarantees something different.

Einbroch

Banned
I understand, but that takes F O R E V E R and requires a ton, ton, ton of units.

Rebirth can exist for the duplicate summons, but combining duplicates is just cruel.

Lesath

I've climbed to 3% at lv. 49. All I get are people with whale SSS teams and my peasant party can't compete.

It is but we would be done playing already otherwise lol

Gotta have something to work towards right?

The grind sucks though and duplicates are a bummer

I understand, but that takes F O R E V E R and requires a ton, ton, ton of units.

Rebirth can exist for the duplicate summons, but combining duplicates is just cruel.

I'm not sure what the best solution is, honestly. If they made it straight up impossible to get duplicates then by the time you created your N'th SSS, where N is the number of SSS's in the game, you'd literally be done with the game.

So there should be *some* kind of investment required to try again. The rebirth system tries to do this, but the cost associated with rebirthing is astronomical, and just because it guarantees you something other than the original item, it doesn't guarantee you something other than what you already have. As you get more and more SSS units, it becomes next to impossible to get the ones you're missing.

One idea might be to make Rebirth work similar to how you currently enhance. You stick the material in, and you have a chance at success and a chance at failure, getting a bonus to rebirth% each time.

Rebirthing with an SSS material is 50% + 10%, with SS material is 25% + 5%, with S is 10% + 0%

But you don't have to level up the SSS at all to do this. Right at enhance level 1, you can just feed it another SSS (or SS, or S) and try to re-roll. Maybe make it cost 100k gold or something too.

This is still a big investment because it will just be another random re-roll similar to how it currently works, but at least the investment is a little bit more reasonable.

Einbroch

Banned
I'm not sure what the best solution is, honestly. If they made it straight up impossible to get duplicates then by the time you created your N'th SSS, where N is the number of SSS's in the game, you'd literally be done with the game.

So there should be *some* kind of investment required to try again. The rebirth system tries to do this, but the cost associated with rebirthing is astronomical, and just because it guarantees you something other than the original item, it doesn't guarantee you something other than what you already have. As you get more and more SSS units, it becomes next to impossible to get the ones you're missing.

One idea might be to make Rebirth work similar to how you currently enhance. You stick the material in, and you have a chance at success and a chance at failure, getting a bonus to rebirth% each time.

Rebirthing with an SSS material is 50% + 10%, with SS material is 25% + 5%, with S is 10% + 0%

But you don't have to level up the SSS at all to do this. Right at enhance level 1, you can just feed it another SSS (or SS, or S) and try to re-roll. Maybe make it cost 100k gold or something too.

This is still a big investment because it will just be another random re-roll similar to how it currently works, but at least the investment is a little bit more reasonable.

That's a pretty good idea, sacrificing an SSS into your duplicate to roll another.

Cybolt

Ugh, I hate it when I hit the Claim button. Wish it would give you a confirm window. Overloaded inventory and 358 shoes.

Top Bottom