• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

sensui-tomo

I did it with an S aoe healer and an SS single target healer. It doesn't require world class healers.

my only priest that was high ranked is the same one thats an S rank that is a single healer, everything else has been that DAMN TREE... and a mushroom i think I've only picked up Tanks/ warriors and mages, and one rogue who was used in a fusion for a SSS(which turned out okay) ... I want an AoE healer or another S ranked priest... the game isnt helping me.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
The update:
Myth mode unlocked
Level cap is now 55
Brightspark and Belle Snow added
Limit break is now MAX+4
New costumes

What time zone is used in-game when it refers to the times that events reset. Like it tells me that Arena resets at 01:00 on Tuesday. Is that UTC, my local time zone, is daylight savings taken into consideration, etc?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
What time zone is used in-game when it refers to the times that events reset. Like it tells me that Arena resets at 01:00 on Tuesday. Is that UTC, my local time zone, is daylight savings taken into consideration, etc?

Pacific time

Server is scheduled to come up in an hour. But remember almost every maintenance has been delayed.

Pacific time

Server is scheduled to come up in an hour. But remember almost every maintenance has been delayed.

Yea the thing is I'm hovering almost exactly at 10% in the arena, lol. So I need to get in there and crank out some wins before 1:00 if I'm goign to keep my spot.

Cybolt

Patch notes only make me more anxious for the maintenance to end. Almost got up to my first SSS so hoping for good luck!

Kitoro

I must say that I'm very disappointed in the Limit Break increase to MAX+4.

This raises the ceiling for whales who were already obliterating in Guild Battles with their Gram MAX+2 without a problem in the world.

MAX+2 was good enough for a long time; this is just going too far. One of my more fickle friends already got his IAPs refunded from Google Play and quit.

They need to raise the rates considerably if they expect anyone but the top 1% of players to be able to ever achieve a MAX+4 character anytime soon and still have regular MAX SSS characters to fill the last 3 spots.

Either way, I'm excited to blast through Myth mode, but I fear we'll be seeing MAX+4 in a few weeks from now. Hopefully that will never happen...

I can get to the HIVE login screen, but it's asking me to login again, and when I click the button it just hangs and sends me back. I hope it didn't lose my account information or something, and that this is just a result of the server not being fully back up yet.

I usually never see this screen because my account info is supposed to be saved on the device.

Is anyone else able to get into the game?

JigsawX

I think Lyvshalker is one of the biggggg whales of the game. They just made 9 SSS's right now in a row

They also just got Brightspark, Mercedes and Belle Snow

draw4wild

So bright spark has 3 really strong aoes and belle snow is complete support with 2 party buffs and a call ally?. They also added S and SS versions of belle snow

So does anyone know what I should do if I can't log in to the game? It just has the blue HIVE Log In button but when I click it it just says Retrieving Info and then goes back to the log in button after 30 seconds or so.

There's Guest Log In but I'm afraid that will erase my game data.

I'm on iOS btw

draw4wild

I think Lyvshalker is one of the biggggg whales of the game. They just made 9 SSS's right now in a row

They also just got Brightspark, Mercedes and Belle Snow
By far the biggest whale, he already has Turq and Windlune at +4 and has gram, patta, Porin, Shabelle, Tyran and Fulson at +2. And like you said, he just got Byrin, Mercedes, Brightspark and belle so I'm sure they'll be max +2 tomorrow to.

JigsawX

Hmm looking at his 9 rolls, pretty interesting

Belle Snow, Dark Priest Porin, Dark Gnoll, Mercedes, Dark Arrow Farq, Ranger Kay, Healer Konfi, Bright Spark, Captain Fulson,

4 really strong
1 Strong
2 solid
2 meh,

Not bad. I feel my luck wouldn't be as great

Cybolt

I can get to the HIVE login screen, but it's asking me to login again, and when I click the button it just hangs and sends me back. I hope it didn't lose my account information or something, and that this is just a result of the server not being fully back up yet.

I usually never see this screen because my account info is supposed to be saved on the device.

Is anyone else able to get into the game?

I had that happen to me once before. I registered through fb so I used that login option and it logged in normally. Haven't seen the prompt since.

Managed to get some lucky Enhances and got the last 2 levels on Aena, so I was able to combine for my very first SSS. I got Dark Arrow Farq. The tier lists put her right in the middle, so I guess I should be happy. Doesn't hurt that one of the characters I used to make her was another archer, so she's filling a void that just opened up.

I didn't use the most efficient enhancement path to get here (used way more S fodder than I should have), but I kind of said fuck it, because first SSS and all, and plus I wanted the 200 rubies before the offer expires. I'll definitely more conservative from here on out.

Not sure what level people usually get their first SSS by, but I'm 37. I actually feel like I've gotten pretty lucky to have such a strong team this early.

EdLin

Neo Member
Any of you guys have a character that's not got max referals? I've tried lots posted here and they're all maxed out.

Sciel

Could try mine. Char Name: Ellzee (ID: Lightra1n) . I'm on the Asia server though.

Started Myth Mode today and my team is still doing quite decently. Haven't had much trouble outside of some AOE spams. Got to Desert of the Fallen now.

Deus Deathcrown was delicious for the 44 rubies :p.

Managed to get some lucky Enhances and got the last 2 levels on Aena, so I was able to combine for my very first SSS. I got Dark Arrow Farq. The tier lists put her right in the middle, so I guess I should be happy. Doesn't hurt that one of the characters I used to make her was another archer, so she's filling a void that just opened up.

I didn't use the most efficient enhancement path to get here (used way more S fodder than I should have), but I kind of said fuck it, because first SSS and all, and plus I wanted the 200 rubies before the offer expires. I'll definitely more conservative from here on out.

Not sure what level people usually get their first SSS by, but I'm 37. I actually feel like I've gotten pretty lucky to have such a strong team this early.

I found this Tier List from another forum: http://upload2.inven.co.kr/upload/2015/01/06/bbs/i1658049728.jpg
Grats!. She's a pretty good pull honestly. Could have been much worse.

Kalavaras

Banned
The 2nd last level on Dark Fortress on Hero difficulty is ridiculous. So much stuns and ridiculous aoe/single target damage I've no way to survive as lvl41 priest with team of SS Mage, SS Archer, SS DW warrior and S warrior tank. Guess I'll just mindlessly farm something to get more levels.

Also bad luck on combining allies. Managed to combine 2x SS allies so far and they're both archers >_<

Yaari

Combined a SS Punisher Rabit. Not bad, but he's still going to have to go for my first SSS combine. I don't have the money to make another SS before the 200 bonus runs out.

Edit: Ugh, he actually has a nice +35% party buff. Bleh.

Vitanimus

The 2nd last level on Dark Fortress on Hero difficulty is ridiculous. So much stuns and ridiculous aoe/single target damage I've no way to survive as lvl41 priest with team of SS Mage, SS Archer, SS DW warrior and S warrior tank. Guess I'll just mindlessly farm something to get more levels.

Also bad luck on combining allies. Managed to combine 2x SS allies so far and they're both archers >_<

I struggled with the same thing yesterday. what is your skill distribution like? after I got charming light and it's ultimate it became much more doable, especially with a another priest summon to help.

RS4-

Any of you guys have a character that's not got max referals? I've tried lots posted here and they're all maxed out.

I've only had one. Try "Dokkter" or "Dokk" not sure which one is actually used.

LLooks like I got my 10% rank in arena at least.

Kalavaras

Banned
I struggled with the same thing yesterday. what is your skill distribution like? after I got charming light and it's ultimate it became much more doable, especially with a another priest summon to help.

I was thinking about going for the magnify ult but now I'm considering to reset and take the heal instead. It's a 100 rubies tho. It's just so annoying fight with the RNG. One attempt my allies start dropping on round 2 and the next I might survive to round 4 but the stuns get absolutely crazy. I might have to fill my friendlist with priests and hope for smooth rounds 1-3 and pop the helper and scrolls on the boss.

Vitanimus

I was thinking about going for the magnify ult but now I'm considering to reset and take the heal instead. It's a 100 rubies tho. It's just so annoying fight with the RNG. One attempt my allies start dropping on round 2 and the next I might survive to round 4 but the stuns get absolutely crazy. I might have to fill my friendlist with priests and hope for smooth rounds 1-3 and pop the helper and scrolls on the boss.

yeah that's what I did. respec to max your heal tree. it really helps. I'll probably respec again after beating legend.

Maintenance extended 30 minutes.

Max+4 will be great for those stuck with lower rank tanks and healers.

Makes S characters Extremely valuable since they can be maxed out so cheaply

Doesnt solve the whale issues but the investment required for SSS and SS to get to MAX+4 is much much higher

Lanrutcon

I'm thinking I'll just put the game aside until they implement the patch that gives you a 100% shot at SSS after a certain amount of pulls.

Paying cash for shitty A rank fodder is completely stupid. I've never seen an F2P game that gives so little for cash investment.

Yaari

I'm thinking I'll just put the game aside until they implement the patch that gives you a 100% shot at SSS after a certain amount of pulls.

Paying cash for shitty A rank fodder is completely stupid. I've never seen an F2P game that gives so little for cash investment.

Many of these games start out that way, and many of them eventually get some kind of update where the rates are either significantly higher, or as you said, you are guaranteed a certain card eventually.

Yeah the rates are pretty ridiculous for SS. I have no hope of ever pulling SSS. I still think the game is quite accessible though. I must have done 30 draws now and not spend anything.

garath

Wow. It's going to be a long road to 55. Need 9.1 mil to 51.

I'm happy though. Maybe I'll actually beat Legendary Gram now lol. It's hard with my current team. Really need those rubies to finish building an SSS and see what it brings me.

So mad at the damn arena. I was 4% all week, didn't play for a couple hours before the downtime and when I wake up this morning I'm 6%. It's bull crap. I have no idea how so many people ranked up in that short period of time.

JigsawX

Wow. It's going to be a long road to 55. Need 9.1 mil to 51.

I'm happy though. Maybe I'll actually beat Legendary Gram now lol. It's hard with my current team. Really need those rubies to finish building an SSS and see what it brings me.

So mad at the damn arena. I was 4% all week, didn't play for a couple hours before the downtime and when I wake up this morning I'm 6%. It's bull crap. I have no idea how so many people ranked up in that short period of time.

People probably wanted to burn their tickets before they went to sleep since the maintenance was during primetime for US West and late night owls for east. Move up that arena rank!

garath

People probably wanted to burn their tickets before they went to sleep since the maintenance was during primetime for US West and late night owls for east. Move up that arena rank!

It just shows how behind the curve I've fallen with no SSS and not a full MAX SS team yet. I used to regularly get 1.5-2%. Now by the time you get up to around 2800 points, it's nothing but level 50s with full teams of SSS and SS MAX. Pretty rough getting points at that stage.

Maybe I'll make back some ground with the level cap increase.. we'll see.

edit: Wow. 147k gold to bump my SS Warrior to LB +3. Interesting.

Top Bottom