• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Yeah. No idea. Maybe I used too many A's when I was combining for SS, was pretty impatient initially to wait for lots of C and B farm.

I do have 20 S rank units. I could probably use a chunk of them to get 1-2 SSS almost immediately.

I haven't spent any money. I could but the return on it seems so small.

Ah, there is the problem. You are holding yourself back from progressing in the game.

So I just realized that a really good way to earn rubies is to just farm rapport on your fodder. I've got about 20 rank C guys hanging around waiting to be eaten by one of my S or SS characters. If I 100 rapport all of them, that's 200 rubies, and doesn't even take that much time to do.

So I just realized that a really good way to earn rubies is to just farm rapport on your fodder. I've got about 20 rank C guys hanging around waiting to be eaten by one of my S or SS characters. If I 100 rapport all of them, that's 200 rubies, and doesn't even take that much time to do.

Yup

I mean the ruby train eventually runs out but it should be enough to get you a decent team to focus all resources on in the end

garath

Bam. Legend Gram down. First try. Wasn't even tough. The 4th from last stage in fortress was my wall.

That is potentially 10 SS or 5 SSS
More realistically it is 5 SS or 2-3 SSS.

No reason to hang onto them. S is food. SS and SSS are what you hold onto.

100% right. I guess I was always looking at them as potential SS units but needed so many A through C to build them up it wasn't happening at any significant rate.

Going to use a few of them right now after using up these rubies and see what my first SSS is.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Wow, after using the guide for a while now, I've found myself drowning in A fodder, but running out of B fodder mainly. B is definitely one of the more useful of the inexpensive ones, but it's pretty scarce. I'd use my A fodder to upgrade my SS units, but the guide suggests against it for 1~4. I feel like such a hoarder for holding on to them though, lol. Got like 25 of them. Gold economy is good, too. Slow and steady wins the race.

garath

Do you mean that there's a maximum number of times you can get the 10 rubies for maxing rapport?

Yep. You can only get the 10 rubies for maxing rapport on a unit once. From then on, any dupes will already be listed as "Mastered" and won't give you any rubies for getting them to 100 rapport.

garath

Now I have around 30 S units and a handful of A units and I don't want to use them. The SS that I'm working on has a 30% bonus. I only want to use C units on him and I'm out of C units lol.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
A guy in my guild just beat Myth @ 53. Good lord.

It looks like his team was:
53 Main Rogue (of course)
53 Gram +MAX
53 Deathcrown +MAX
53 Mercades +MAX
53 Porin +MAX
5X Mage Friend

At least you don't need SSS MAX+4 to do it.

garath

Well Myth is another key for leveling quick. I'm getting min 400k xp per stage just in Gnollwood. That's about twice what I was grinding for in Legendary. Don't regret it though. I got a ton of SSS stuff and the level 51 helped me finish off Legendary. Needed to be done.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
A guy in my guild just beat Myth @ 53. Good lord.

It looks like his team was:
53 Main Rogue (of course)
53 Gram +MAX
53 Deathcrown +MAX
53 Mercades +MAX
53 Porin +MAX
5X Mage Friend

At least you don't need SSS MAX+4 to do it.

I'm beginning to feel like I should just give up on my mage and work on my rogue alt.

garath

ARGH. So many failures. One more enhance to get my last SS MAX to combine. I fail on two S ranks (I know.. I was impatient) then an A rank. I'm out of A B and C now. And have 36 gold. 42% enhance bonus LOL.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm beginning to feel like I should just give up on my mage and work on my rogue alt.

Just keep trucking.

When Paladin comes out, jump ship and all hail the most OP hero in the Korean version.

It is recommended everybody has a priest and paladin mains over there.

JigsawX

Just keep trucking.

When Paladin comes out, jump ship and all hail the most OP hero in the Korean version.

It is recommended everybody has a priest and paladin mains over there.

Guessing Tanky Healer?

Also would you replace Dark Pitch with Deathcrown? Is it worth giving up those 2 party buffs you get for having 3 SSS dark?

inthrall

Just managed to get my 4th SS, and its another Dark Curse :( Now have 2x Dark Curse, 1x Dark Marble Tiehr and one Archer Veri. Where them healers/tanks at?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Guessing Tanky Healer?

Also would you replace Dark Pitch with Deathcrown? Is it worth giving up those 2 party buffs you get for having 3 SSS dark?

Pretty much.

As far as Deathcrown, he is a top tier DPS with 2 aoe attacks. I would at the very least level him and gear him. Try him out in your party and see what happens.

Dreavus

Does an enhance bonus on a particular ally stay active forever, even after you log out of the game and come back, say, the next day?

Sticks around, which I think is pretty generous for a F2P game like this. They could have gone full gold sink mode and given a chance for demotion when you fail, or something horrible like that, which many other F2P games with enhancements employ.

The thing that doesn't stay active is the "multiple premium summon" discount, where it goes from 30 rubies --> 25 rubies for additional summons. That resets when you back out.

Yaari

I'm 59/60 on Allies now. All those A's. Bleh. Should have left me some space.

Nice to finally have a healer with revive. My previous healer was pretty bad, looking back at it now.

Edit: Random matchmaking is such a mess. Blew out like 20 tickets, getting only 2 kills on my Raid Boss. :(

JigsawX

Gave up on doing Deus runs, most of them fail because people don't want to or don't know about using scrolls.

I feel like they nerfed Deathcrown runs though (on legend at least). Done 60 tickets worth of SS runs and rarely see a SS now, mostly all blues / purples

KimChi

Uhh did you guys get a bunch of free ally summons in the mailbox? I think they were all B-S or B-SS but it shows 0(err) got like 3 i think.

Lesath

I'm pretty surprised you don't have and SSS yet. Most have at least 1 SSS by the time they hit 50.

He's not alone. I pretty much just have an SS team plus a sad healer Ranran. Sank a whole bunch of rubies I got from mastering fodder yesterday and got a alot of As a handful of S to work with. I'm trying to hold off getting an SSS until I get a decent helper team for labryrith runs, but it's getting increasingly hard to hold off when I meet up with decked out arena teams.

Yaari

Is Komodo Fairy ridiculously difficult or what. Storm Tyrant seems a joke compared to him.

Is there any rule or something about what boss drops loot for which class, because I tend to get very stat specific items from some bosses.

Is Komodo Fairy ridiculously difficult or what. Storm Tyrant seems a joke compared to him.

Is there any rule or something about what boss drops loot for which class, because I tend to get very stat specific items from some bosses.

Yea, the basic consensus seems to be skip Komodo Dragon.

KimChi

Pretty much the most annoying raid boss imo cause of the stun, for loot the stats rolled on an item is random and certain raid bosses drop certain pieces for a set. In legendary and assuming myth each raid boss is gonna drop a piece for the SSS set.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Pretty much the most annoying raid boss imo cause of the stun, for loot the stats rolled on an item is random and certain raid bosses drop certain pieces for a set. In legendary and assuming myth each raid boss is gonna drop a piece for the SSS set.

Komodo has no see pieces in legendary. Only useful in myth.

Uthred

I hope they bring in that "Get an SSS after X rolls" soonish, it always stings rolling ten or eleven times and getting all A's

Sciel

Doing the 3rd area in Myth and my god some of the waves are so cheap. I think i once got 5 of those mobs that spam Unexpected Lightning (2-4k dmg) + Confidential Secret. Was burning Scrolls like mad.

And yeah, skip Komodo Fairy EVERYTIME, he's a piece of shit. Even in myth, the boots he dropped can be gotten from Storm Tyrant for much less hassle.

Just got this beauty from him earlier :D. dat rng!

Screenshot_2015_06_10_08_52_26_1.png

Top Bottom