• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Chaos17

I'm in North America... I found "Loomie" about 5 pages of posts back who's not maxed out yet.

My character's called Mighan.

You can't party inter-sever.
I had to go on my friend server otherwise he couldn't find me.
I don't suggest to migrate because it doesn't imort your character unless I did something wrong.

Do Gaf have an Eu guild ?

F-Pina

Hi guys.
I downloaded this game for the iPad2 as it looked really cool. Plus everyone seems to be having a great time.

However, it looks like the image is all stretched. Is it me? is the game stretched?
Is there a fix? Thanks.

I am quoting myself since I didn't get any answer.
Does really nobody else but me notice something strange with the game? The image definitely looks stretched on my iPad. Is it my iPad or is it the game?
Tks

Does really nobody else but me notice something strange with the game? The image definitely looks stretched on my iPad. Is it my iPad or is it the game?
Tks

Thats a bummer

Game looks amazing on my Nexus 7... Makes it hard to go back to playing it on a phone. Seems like it upscales nicely but IPads do have really dense DPI now dont they

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Tks

The game looks fine on my android phone. Can't comment on anything else.

garath

Looking forward to combining my first SSS later today. Hopefully he'll be decent at least.

Nice. If I complete legend I'll be doing the same.

I actually bumped my dupe Ranger Disty to MAX (working on MAX'ing my other useless archer now) but I kind of like using the MAX Ranger Disty now lol.

JigsawX

Tks

I play on mobile so can't answer really for IPad, but mobile version looks fine so going to lean toward it might just be your ipad. Though can't really tell w/o a screenshot

Nice. If I complete legend I'll be doing the same.

I actually bumped my dupe Ranger Disty to MAX (working on MAX'ing my other useless archer now) but I kind of like using the MAX Ranger Disty now lol.

Its such a pain. Sometimes I can burn an entire few days worth of units for one upgrade

garath

Its such a pain. Sometimes I can burn an entire few days worth of units for one upgrade

Yep. I went through all my A's and all my B's to get the MAX ranger disty and +3 for the other archer. I need another shot of rubies to finish it off unless I want to burn through some S ranks which I do not want to do. I'm barely willing to give up an S rank for getting MAX + 3 on my S tank.

StuffRuff

Tks

Sorry this must have got buried the first time you posted as I didn't see it.

Playing between my iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Mini 2 and the image is definitely stretched on my iPad as well so its not you. Think its just not been optimised yet.

F-Pina

Sorry this must have got buried the first time you posted as I didn't see it.

Playing between my iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Mini 2 and the image is definitely stretched on my iPad as well so its not you. Think its just not been optimised yet.

So it is stretched on iPads... crap :(
Thanks for the answers everyone.

garath

Am I losing my mind or did the update break max vigor start? Prior to the update I distinctly remember starting with max vigor with my current accessories, hence the dance of death max and ultimate working so well. Today I noticed that I don't have any vigor at all when stage/raid/arena/worldboss/whatever starts. I double checked and I'm still wearing an accessory that gives "max vigor start 38". What happened?

Haint

Tks

The art is made for 16:9, the iPad is 4:3. Everything is stretched vertically.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Am I losing my mind or did the update break max vigor start? Prior to the update I distinctly remember starting with max vigor with my current accessories, hence the dance of death max and ultimate working so well. Today I noticed that I don't have any vigor at all when stage/raid/arena/worldboss/whatever starts. I double checked and I'm still wearing an accessory that gives "max vigor start 38". What happened?

Maybe a stealth rogue nerf since they are dominating most weekly events.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Woot! I combined for SSS Pirate King Byron!
Now I have an SSS Taunt tank+invulerability+stun+aoe damage to replace my winded S MAX+2 tank.

sensui-tomo

Now I have an SSS Taunt tank+invulerability+stun+aoe damage to replace my winded S MAX+2 tank.

you have whats considered at the moment the second best tank (gram being top dog) so yeah.. you're lucky, here's hoping my SS draw later is a priest
Also sorta wish that all my referals werent all drop outs (i never got a reward from anyone reaching 20)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I really do think there is some correlation when combining types.
I combined 2 healers and got SS Viri, I combined 2 tanks and got SSS Byron

I really do think there is some correlation when combining types.
I combined 2 healers and got SS Viri, I combined 2 tanks and got SSS Byron

yeah but I have combined classes before and gotten something totally random too...

hard to say unless someone could test this extensively... sounds expensive and time consuming

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
yeah but I have combined classes before and gotten something totally random too...

hard to say unless someone could test this extensively... sounds expensive and time consuming

The only way to truly tell would be to gather a large sample size which I don't know if anybody will do. I just have a gut feeling from what I have combined in this game so far.
No wonder I have had so many DPS allies. lol

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
How in the hell do you guys get the resources for this madness o_O

Time. Lots of time.
I Byron my my 4th as well.

The most important thing is to know that gold is so much easier than allie fodder.
never fuse too high % and always farm up shitloads of gold.

Gave them some $$$ since I like the game

Desert Gnarl + Punisher Roq = Dark Assassin Percy

2 DPS = DPS. I see a trend.

Time. Lots of time.

The most important thing is to know that gold is so much easier than allie fodder.

I fused Archer+Mage (Aena and Dark Curse) and got an Archer (Farq), as another data point.

JigsawX

Time. Lots of time.

I feel very....mixed about this. Do you think Percy will replace Commander Urk?

I do have rogue gear to give Percy right off the bat, Commander Urk is Max though.

Also I should prob mention that have two other Dark so I would get their party Buff's

KimChi

Not sure since I dont have a rogue high enough level for accessories but doesnt the 38 mean 38% chance to start with max vigor? I thought the point of that stat was to stack it close to 100% with all 3 accessory slots to always start with it, unless im wrong on that xp

Damn nice dude, still working on combining more SS atm since i've got so many S and A ally to mess with. My only SSS is pearla atm which is still pretty useful for my party so far.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I feel very....mixed about this. Do you think Percy will replace Commander Urk?

I do have rogue gear to give Percy right off the bat, Commander Urk is Max though.

Also I should prob mention that have two other Dark so I would get their party Buff's

I use percy in my team. I also get the 6% def party buff from the darks.
He is pretty good, definitely better than urk. But you will need to give him a + or two to equal him to a SS Max. Get him 2 buster daggers and he gets a nice boost to his already boosted attack speed. Mine is constantly spamming attacks.

Not sure since I dont have a rogue high enough level for accessories but doesnt the 38 mean 38% chance to start with max vigor? I thought the point of that stat was to stack it close to 100% with all 3 accessory slots to always start with it, unless im wrong on that xp

Damn nice dude, still working on combining more SS atm since i've got so many S and A ally to mess with. My only SSS is pearla atm which is still pretty useful for my party so far.

OMG i want Pearla so bad

She seems like she would decimate the opposition with the right gear and enhancements

JigsawX

I use percy in my team. I also get the 6% def party buff from the darks.
He is pretty good, definitely better than urk. But you will need to give him a + or two to equal him to a SS Max. Get him 2 buster daggers and he gets a nice boost to his already boosted attack speed. Mine is constantly spamming attacks.

Hmm would like to get him a few +'s but not sure if I want to use my current S's to do so...since I doubt I'm summon anytime soon. I'm try to hold out for that update where you get it after XX summons

garath

Man. Some people have way too much time. There's already people level 53 on my friend list. I've been grinding most of the morning and have only just hit 51.

Hmm.. You may be right. I have two more accessories with max vigor start 38, I'll throw them on to test.

edit: yeah, I think you're right. I threw a second one on for 76% chance and I was starting with max vigor. Makes sense. That's why I was wondering if I was just insane.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man. Some people have way too much time. There's already people level 53 on my friend list. I've been grinding most of the morning and have only just hit 51.

+exp accessories helps. My three earrings give me about +60% exp.

garath

Finally. Progress through the legendary fortress. The 4th fight from the end was so difficult with multiple revive/heal all/purge priests and AoE archers it was near impossible for me. I finally took this team at level 51:

SS ranger disty MAX
S tank MAX+2
SS red priest MAX
S single target heal+poison priest MAX

and was able to do it on the second try.

So frustrating. Flew through the rest up to Gram. Haven't tried Gram yet. Need to take a break from it lol. I need those rubies to get my first SSS.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Finally. Progress through the legendary fortress. The 4th fight from the end was so difficult with multiple revive/heal all/purge priests and AoE archers it was near impossible for me. I finally took this team at level 51:

SS ranger disty MAX
S tank MAX+2
SS red priest MAX
S single target heal+poison priest MAX

and was able to do it on the second try.

So frustrating. Flew through the rest up to Gram. Haven't tried Gram yet. Need to take a break from it lol. I need those rubies to get my first SSS.

I'm pretty surprised you don't have and SSS yet. Most have at least 1 SSS by the time they hit 50.

garath

I'm pretty surprised you don't have and SSS yet. Most have at least 1 SSS by the time they hit 50.

Yeah. No idea. Maybe I used too many A's when I was combining for SS, was pretty impatient initially to wait for lots of C and B farm.

I do have 20 S rank units. I could probably use a chunk of them to get 1-2 SSS almost immediately.

I haven't spent any money. I could but the return on it seems so small.

Top Bottom