• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Shouta

I hit 32 on my priest and that AOE trait helps so much. Definitely going to make it out ASAP for better effect.

Only problem right now is that I'm stuck on Ragnarok right now and I probably need another healer or to strength my units a bit more. Probably will spend time doing that now. I did get my first SS two days ago though, Mage Veril. Definitely gonna try and get another SS going and that geared up and ready to go. =o

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I began yesterday and I played none stop : lvl 23
So much grind but it's okay because I don't need spend real money :)

The good thing about this game is a little money doesn't set people ahead that much. It takes a shit-ton of money to put somebody ahead.

That means more players on an even playing field, but those that are ahead have a significant advantage even though there are fewer of them.

Just combined 2 identical priests and got a ranger. Was hoping there was something to this theory of combining similar / same typed allies yielding a similar / same typed ally. But Priest+Priest=Ranger puts a serious damper in that theory.

It could still be possible that the probabilities of the resulting ally type is weighted based on the input types, but it's definitely not guaranteed.

garath

I combined two rangers and got a warrior for my first SSS. I never used a priest for any combines and got a SS priest. If it's weighted, it's not weighted that strongly.

garath

Welp. 140 rubies or so. Will get another 80 tomorrow for lab. Going to summon another bunch and probably make my second SSS. I probably need more SS but /shrug.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
156k (level 25) got me 1.118%. Hopefully I can get a bit further or hopefully a ton of people do their first runs for the week and boost me to sub 1%.

The last 2 weeks I have got sub 1% easy, but this week the competition is stepping up.

garath

156k (level 25) got me 1.118%. Hopefully I can get a bit further or hopefully a ton of people do their first runs for the week and boost me to sub 1%.

The last 2 weeks I have got sub 1% easy, but this week the competition is stepping up.

Yeah. competition is heating up. I've been top 2% in pretty much all events. This week I'm barely sneaking in. Missed it for arena and finished 6% :( Lab I'm sitting at 3.5% with 110k or something.

The extra couple levels over 50 has helped.

JigsawX

Yea been below 1% past 2 weeks but now I'm stuck at 1.3%, I now accept I shall be a 5% for laby!

Dreavus

Yea been below 1% past 2 weeks but now I'm stuck at 1.3%, I now accept I shall be a 5% for laby!

I can feel myself falling further and further behind as the game gets more players. Was top 7% of arena in the first (?) week, kept in top 10% second week, this week settled for top 16%...

This is one way I could see them getting people to spend money. Trying to stay in that top percentage only gets harder and harder!

sensui-tomo

I wonder how many people would be on top if gram was nerfed (seriously i'm salty that i dont have him, its like the instant easy mode character)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I can feel myself falling further and further behind as the game gets more players. Was top 7% of arena in the first (?) week, kept in top 10% second week, this week settled for top 16%...

This is one way I could see them getting people to spend money. Trying to stay in that top percentage only gets harder and harder!

The problem is more likely less players. An influx of new players would push existing players higher in the % rankings.

I wonder how many people would be on top if gram was nerfed (seriously i'm salty that i dont have him, its like the instant easy mode character)
Byron is pretty close too. Once I got him I started breezing through myth mode. I'm almost past obsidian mountain now at lvl 52. Taunt + invincibility is pretty OP.

JigsawX

The problem is more likely less players. An influx of new players would push existing players higher in the % rankings.

Byron is pretty close too. Once I got him I started breezing through myth mode. I'm almost past obsidian mountain now at lvl 52. Taunt + invincibility is pretty OP.

Yea so far the weakest part of my team would be my tank -(Dark lance) I mean he has done a solid job till now but I would really love a taunt here and now to peel damage off my other peepz

sensui-tomo

byron and gram aka two top tiers of tanks, heard from some redditors that the bell characters are OP in their own right regardless of the rank(due to their summon an ally ability)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
byron and gram aka two top tiers of tanks, heard from some redditors that the bell characters are OP in their own right regardless of the rank(due to their summon an ally ability)

Yeah, the belle characters are still top tier in the Korean version while Gram isn't the best tank over there anymore.

Lesath

I just combined two SS shitty orc archers to form the ultimate SSS shitty orc archer as my first SSS. Getting the allies to max rank to combine was an incredibly tremendous effort gold and fodder-wise, and I don't think I have it in me to bother for at least another month or two.

sensui-tomo

I just combined two SS shitty orc archers to form the ultimate SSS shitty orc archer as my first SSS. Getting the allies to max rank to combine was an incredibly tremendous effort gold and fodder-wise, and I don't think I have it in me to bother for at least another month or two.

On the korean list he is B rank for the SSS rank, so not exactly the worst, but not top tier SSS rank

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

You don't need top tier units to beat the game.

Cybolt

Yeah, the belle characters are still top tier in the Korean version while Gram isn't the best tank over there anymore.

I think the S rank Belle doesn't have the summon ally ability but then again, I'm sure everyone is talking about the ss and sss versions.

Shouta

Beat Normal mode and unlocked Hard mode finally, woo! Now I can keep accruing rubies for stuff and building my chars, lol

draw4wild

I'm actually having a lot of trouble with myth mode at 51 I'm in the 2nd area but everyone but myself and tank can be one/two shot by any single target abilities. And since most fights start with 5 mobs shooting them off, I have to get lucky to not lose healer right off the bat. I have to start giving my SSS +s but I don't want to invest to much into allies like dark knoll or Freya. Going to see if just some extra levels will be enough. Really not looking forward to all the unexpected Lightning and confidential secrets in the 3rd area

draw4wild

Has anyone seen calculations on the value of rebirthing vs combining 2 SS. I'm out of SS to combine atm but I don't know if it's worth building some up or if I should just rebirth atm. Takes me about 20 As to make a SSS out of two SS, do you think that would be enough to rebirth an ally?

I feel you, when I got dark priest Porin I was so excited and it really motivated me to play. But my last 3 combines have sucked and it really demotivates you

zulux21

anyone know how this plays on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0? Cowboom had them on sale for $30 so I decided to get one in hopes that this game will play (I mean it meets requirements :p) on it since I can't share my note 10.1 (2014) with her on this game for some reason.

also I've heard some games don't play nice on rooted devices (I plan to root this to get samsung bloatware off my note isn't rooted so I don't know if that will cause an issue) is this one of them?

sensui-tomo

I feel you, when I got dark priest Porin I was so excited and it really motivated me to play. But my last 3 combines have sucked and it really demotivates you

What happens when you're this guy?
0KEdwmf.png

Yaari

So the GM event ends tomorrow then. I hope they'll do something similar again. The game is stacked with content but I wasn't really able to find out if they run events often, if they even exist apart from the GM one we are having.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
anyone know how this plays on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0? Cowboom had them on sale for $30 so I decided to get one in hopes that this game will play (I mean it meets requirements :p) on it since I can't share my note 10.1 (2014) with her on this game for some reason.

also I've heard some games don't play nice on rooted devices (I plan to root this to get samsung bloatware off my note isn't rooted so I don't know if that will cause an issue) is this one of them?

The game runs rune on my rooted Oneplus One. (other than the crazy lag at the beginning of every fight).

Can't speak for the galaxy tab 2 though as that is one crazy old device.

zulux21

The game runs rune on my rooted Oneplus One. (other than the crazy lag at the beginning of every fight).

Can't speak for the galaxy tab 2 though as that is one crazy old device.

thanks for the rooted update, as the tablet is indeed old and getting off bloatware is important.

and I won't disagree that it's older, but it's actually just from 2012. it's actually less old than an IPAD 3 :p

I mean this game isn't super demanding and if there is lag it won't be a big deal I think. I mean I just auto battle everything anyways.

wapplew

Wait, what server are you in? I got 300k plus but still at 1.3% Asia server...
I'll never get in that 1%.

Lesath

Has anyone seen calculations on the value of rebirthing vs combining 2 SS. I'm out of SS to combine atm but I don't know if it's worth building some up or if I should just rebirth atm. Takes me about 20 As to make a SSS out of two SS, do you think that would be enough to rebirth an ally?

On one hand, I pushed harder for it than I would have otherwise because 1. the event that rewards 200 rubies for an SSS ends tomorrow and I wanted to get in on that, and 2. I got a huge influx of A-S ranked allies from the 600 ish rubies I got for hitting 50 and mastering whatever I got.

On the other, I'm down to a handful of allies now, and I know for certain that my ruby income is going to slow down to a trickle soon. So my assessment of a month until another combine isn't so much born completely out of despair as it is a prediction as to how soon I can muster up the resources to give it another shot.

@sensui-tomo Yeah, he's technically "B-rank" on the Korean list, but that's more a psychological trick than anything. I mean, if SSS = A, then anything B rank or less = F. Anyway, he's more or less a PvE ally for bosses, so I'm not sure if it'll end up being as useful as my SS Rogue with a Skill lock for arenas and labyrinth runs.

On one hand, I pushed harder for it than I would have otherwise because 1. the event that rewards 200 rubies for an SSS ends tomorrow and I wanted to get in on that, and 2. I got a huge influx of A-S ranked allies from the 600 ish rubies I got for hitting 50 and mastering whatever I got.

On the other, I'm down to a handful of allies now, and I know for certain that my ruby income is going to slow down to a trickle soon. So my assessment of a month until another combine isn't so much born completely out of despair as it is a prediction as to how soon I can muster up the resources to give it another shot.

@sensui-tomo Yeah, he's technically "B-rank" on the Korean list, but that's more a psychological trick than anything. I mean, if SSS = A, then anything B rank or less = F. Anyway, he's more or less a PvE ally for bosses, so I'm not sure if it'll end up being as useful as my SS Rogue with a Skill lock for arenas and labyrinth runs.

Try mastering random allies. You can easily get hundreds of rubies in just a few days

sensui-tomo

F-ing hate trying to get Legendary Buster gloves from this RNG asshat.

I've killed this bastard over a hundred times on Legendary and only got 5 SS equipment.

I have every piece but the stuff from deathcrown... because i'm stuck in the last 4 stages :/ and not many people run him that i know(since you can invite people into raids) 3 Helms, 2 gauntlets and a boot, not counting other SSS stuff i have. the best thing however, is that the 3 helms i have all work for my characters classes, warrior, mage, rogue (working on him stat)

Do allies use Rage, Focus, and Vigor? If so which uses which? I got some earrings but not sure who to give them too.

Also is Mana the same as MP? It says they increase Mana, but there's no stat called Mana on any of my characters stat screens. And why does my priest have 0 MP? Do heals not use MP or something?

Top Bottom