• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
But for raid bosses? I can't spend 100 rubies to go back and forth... I just don't want to be useless in raids so I was single target. Seems I should switch it up.

Ventara

Ah fuck. Combined for my 3rd SS and got Archer Uk. For those curious, I combined an archer and a warrior.

But for raid bosses? I can't spend 100 rubies to go back and forth... I just don't want to be useless in raids so I was single target. Seems I should switch it up.

I'm focusing on AoE and I rarely lose in Raids. Probably just my teammates, but the point is you don't have to focus on single attacks just for Raids. You'll win plenty regardless.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

AoE is fine. Nobody is going to complain. deathcrown deus (the final raid) is actually better for aoe build since he has multiple add phases.

sensui-tomo

You guys do know you shouldnt skip komodo completely right? You get free rubies for the first time you win a battle against it. (just dont grind it till myth)

Crzy1

Just now getting around to trying this. Is there anyone that I can use as a referral? The name in the OP is at the max referral count.

JigsawX

I appreciate all these rogues destroying Myth Storm Tyrant for me but man I would love to get something that's not blue / purple. Also finally hit a wall in Myth. Dam stage with all AoE shamans, it hurts!

Nevermind, just broke the wall

sensui-tomo

making another side character a rouge , since road block in legend is making shoes useless at the moment, Combined a S priest and a tank, got an SS mage, not a priest but eh(still have my maxed single heal S priest, not getting rid of him till i get a great healer), if i kill fast enough and have the 3 item slots i might get through fast enough

Have raid drops been nerfed? Seen 0 SS in the past probably 7 runs. It's not like the rates were that high to begin with, so this is a pretty shit change if so.

Vitanimus

gonna focus on maxing the best SS I use in my party and slowly making my first SSS character. kinda surprised I've stuck with this game so long.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
gonna focus on maxing the best SS I use in my party and slowly making my first SSS character. kinda surprised I've stuck with this game so long.

I think for me, it's because you can see actual progress if you put effort into it, which is more than you can say about some other f2p games. Plus, they don't hide the best units behind paywalls or anything that stupid, so you can get by fine without paying anything. Auto-battle breaks tedium on grinding/farming, too, which is pretty nice.

I think for me, it's because you can see actual progress if you put effort into it, which is more than you can say about some other f2p games. Plus, they don't hide the best units behind paywalls or anything that stupid, so you can get by fine without paying anything. Auto-battle breaks tedium on grinding/farming, too, which is pretty nice.

Its literally one if the best mobile games available.

I hope it gets the attention it deserves

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?

Yeah the prices for the "special deal packages" are absurd. I guess thats how these companies make their money when whales decide to buy them

Einbroch

Banned
Yeah the prices for the "special deal packages" are absurd. I guess thats how these companies make their money when whales decide to buy them
The $29.99 deal is actually quite good and can really help you early. I bought it to support the game back when I was still in Normal, but having spent a dollar since.

draw4wild

Just combined for my 5th SSS and got Healer Konfi (from rogue and tank).......its really starting to affect how much I can progress since I dont want to invest in 4 out of 5 of my SSS since they are bottom tier at best. And I still have no decent partner for guild battles, forced to use either Dark Gnoll or Captain Freya. Think I need to start rebirthing.

I think the complete random nature of combining is going to eventually be the reason I quit and it's probably will be sooner than later. It's another week of work that results in no upgrade to my team at all. I get top 3% in arena/labyrinth/worldboss every week but I can't compete any higher until I get a decent pull. I would trade my account for a lvl1 account with a Gram or Byron atm and would be in a better spot imo.

garath

Just combined for my 5th SSS and got Healer Konfi (from rogue and tank).......its really starting to affect how much I can progress since I dont want to invest in 4 out of 5 of my SSS since they are bottom tier at best. And I still have no decent partner for guild battles, forced to use either Dark Gnoll or Captain Freya.

I think the complete random nature of combining is going to eventually be the reason I quit. It's another week of work that results in no upgrade to my team at all. I would trade my account for a lvl1 account with a Gram or Byron atm and would still be in a better spot. I'm 0 for 5 on a hero unit and I see plenty of people that are 3 for 3

Yeah. I'm a little bit in the same boat. It takes a LOT of resources to combine for these units and a bad roll just sets you back so far. My only SSS is Warrior Gar. My SS units are all middle to bottom tier except my priest. It's a little rough.

JigsawX

Overall I like the game a lot and it's great for a F2P for initial experience and along the way depending on how you view it though. That end-game is pretty hefty barrier though looking at it. The system of combining for that SSS can either be a godsend or set you back pretty far

draw4wild

Overall I like the game a lot and it's great for a F2P for initial experience and along the way depending on how you view it though. That end-game is pretty hefty barrier though looking at it. The system of combining for that SSS can either be a godsend or set you back pretty far

I get that they give you a lot of options for a bad SSS(rebirth and limit break). But limit break is only good if you have a good unit to feed, I would say there's only 15ish units worth limit breaking and 13 of them are heroes. (Porin and Tyran other 2) and the cost to max out a unit for rebirth is so high since you can't use Cs after you build up bonus%. And if you get another useless unit then you still have nothing to show for it. Can you imaging rebirthing a dark gnoll into a dark gnarl? I would break my phone

JigsawX

I get that they give you a lot of options for a bad SSS(rebirth and limit break). But limit break is only good if you have a good unit to feed, I would say there's only 15ish units worth limit breaking and 13 of them are heroes. (Porin and Tyran other 2) and the cost to max out a unit for rebirth is so high since you can't use Cs after you build up bonus%. And if you get another useless unit then you still have nothing to show for it. Can you imaging rebirthing a dark gnoll into a dark gnarl? I would break my phone

Not sure what I would do but man that would just be ugh

Yeah the endgame is rough but I think thats the point

Game seems perfectly "Beatable" with limit break SS and S though

I can see myself slowly chipping away over time just because Hey its a phone game

Its not like I have a better alternative atm :/

Einbroch

Banned
You guys don't need to finish Myth this week. It's a phone game. It's a mindless phone game. You chip away at it, slowly.

I'm leveling an alt because I feel like it. Don't need to hit the top 1%, having fun without that need.

You guys don't need to finish Myth this week. It's a phone game. It's a mindless phone game. You chip away at it, slowly.

I'm leveling an alt because I feel like it. Don't need to hit the top 1%, having fun without that need.

Yeah Im looking at the long game but i see why people dove in and rushed through

I actually have a plan to slowly build up my team over hte next few weeks

draw4wild

Yeah the endgame is rough but I think thats the point

Game seems perfectly "Beatable" with limit break SS and S though

I can see myself slowly chipping away over time just because Hey its a phone game

Its not like I have a better alternative atm :/

Yes, I'm sure I'll eventually get through mythical with my team. But arena, labyrinth, world boss, and guild battle is how you earn rubies and I have to make sure to stay competitive. I can earn top 5% now easily solely because of level but eventually everyone will be the same level and the allies will seperate us. I already only fight max+2 Gram, Byron, Ackard, and Azur in guild battle. Every bad combine is basically giving other players a week to catch up.

Yes, I'm sure I'll eventually get through mythical with my team. But arena, labyrinth, world boss, and guild battle is how you earn rubies and I have to make sure to stay competitive. I can earn top 5% now easily solely because of level but eventually everyone will be the same level and the allies will seperate us. I already only fight max+2 Gram, Byron, Ackard, and Azur in guild battle. Every bad combine is basically giving other players a week to catch up.

Ive found that getting within the top 10% is usually good enough but Ive also been grabbing all the quest and rapport rubies as well.. thats gonna dry up eventually

Yaari

Mastered 80 characters now. Pretty much the limit for now, most of the other cards have to be gained through Gacha or Combining. Has been a generous source of Rubies though.
Hope I can combine my next SS somewhere next week. It's pretty slow using only fodder. But I don't want to be wasting my A's unless I have to.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just combined for my 5th SSS and got Healer Konfi (from rogue and tank).......its really starting to affect how much I can progress since I dont want to invest in 4 out of 5 of my SSS since they are bottom tier at best. And I still have no decent partner for guild battles, forced to use either Dark Gnoll or Captain Freya. Think I need to start rebirthing.

I think the complete random nature of combining is going to eventually be the reason I quit and it's probably will be sooner than later. It's another week of work that results in no upgrade to my team at all. I get top 3% in arena/labyrinth/worldboss every week but I can't compete any higher until I get a decent pull. I would trade my account for a lvl1 account with a Gram or Byron atm and would be in a better spot imo.

"I'm going to quit because I can't be top 10 and play with the whales."

Top 3% is great.

Guild battle is a whole different world. The top players in the top 5 guilds probably spend most of their tickets there stomping people for fun. It isn't really indicative of the rest of the game. Just join a top guild and reap the rewards for their hard work.

Ventara

I finally got to Gram in Hero, but I've been really struggling. I've used a lot of scrolls and needed to rely on allies 10 levels above me. I really think I need to grind a few more levels and enhance my allies, though that's gonna be costly. I guess I'll have to spend the rubies I've been trying to save. Legendary is going to kill me.

Edit: Well, I got 5 S from 19 pulls. Pretty good. I'll probably be able to make a 4th SS, though it'll be useless if it's not a healer. Maybe focusing on maxing my other 3 SS would be a better idea.

I finally got to Gram in Hero, but I've been really struggling. I've used a lot of scrolls and needed to rely on allies 10 levels above me. I really think I need to grind a few more levels and enhance my allies, though that's gonna be costly. I guess I'll have to spend the rubies I've been trying to save. Legendary is going to kill me.

Edit: Well, I got 5 S from 19 pulls. Pretty good. I'll probably be able to make a 4th SS, though it'll be useless if it's not a healer. Maybe focusing on maxing my other 3 SS would be a better idea.

What healers DO you have?

I was able to beat him with S Max +2 healer Lurie (shes awesome) and a Friend Summon healer

garath

I was 42 when I did it. Used two healers - an SS AoE/revive and a single target S healer. Don't forget Gram only has one form so bring out the helper asap. If you survive 3 waves, no more adds come. Try bringing 3 sets of revive scrolls and focus on just keeping your party up until you've survived all the waves.

I was 42 when I did it. Used two healers - an SS AoE/revive and a single target S healer. Don't forget Gram only has one form so bring out the helper asap. If you survive 3 waves, no more adds come. Try bringing 3 sets of revive scrolls and focus on just keeping your party up until you've survived all the waves.

Thats basically the strat

You need a team thats at least strong enough to endure the waves BEFORE Gram

Then you burn the Friend summon and scrolls to get through the rest

Ventara

What healers DO you have?

I was able to beat him with S Max +2 healer Lurie (shes awesome) and a Friend Summon healer

S 42. Happy Dark Porto +MAX
A 41. Sorcerer Moquz +MAX

Yeah, I might give it a go later this afternoon once I can use my high-level healer ally again.

JigsawX

S 42. Happy Dark Porto +MAX
A 41. Sorcerer Moquz +MAX

Yeah, I might give it a go later this afternoon once I can use my high-level healer ally again.

I did it with one set of revive / hp / revive potion.

Revive + hp scroll combo is pretty useful

Einbroch

Banned
What makes Rogue's so good?

Ultimate Hidden Blade is beyond broken. Ultimate Hidden Blade inflicts almost 1600% damage, silences for 10 seconds, applies life steal, and has a 10% chance to instantly kill the target.

Their buff is alright, but their Vanish is insane. For one point, you get 7 seconds of invicibility from all single-target attacks. And the cooldown is only 23 seconds. Incredibly good in PVP.

They also have a passive that gives ACC and Crit Rate, for one passive.

Rogues are just insane. I see no reason to be any other DPS class.

Uthred

Ultimate Hidden Blade is beyond broken. Ultimate Hidden Blade inflicts almost 1600% damage, silences for 10 seconds, applies life steal, and has a 10% chance to instantly kill the target.

Their buff is alright, but their Vanish is insane. For one point, you get 7 seconds of invicibility from all single-target attacks. And the cooldown is only 23 seconds. Incredibly good in PVP.

That does seem very good when you spell it out, might shelve my mage and level a rogue for a bit. Seems like their potency would serve as a good buffer against poor luck with pulls.

garath

Hidden blade isn't even the best ultimate.

JigsawX

Was going to say from what I hear DoD is the rave ulti right now

Einbroch

Banned
DoD ulti is really nice, but I personally hate HB ulti.

Being insta-gibbed then not being able to attack the target back is incredibly frustrating. It may not be the best, but it is the most annoying.

Top Bottom