• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Sciel

Just reached Crown's Landing @ 53.

My poor tank feels so squishy atm. Everytime he taunts...he eats all the single target pewpew and dies almost right after ;-;.

PS: Yeah, Myth Junglefury is such a bitch. So much HP and AOE damage.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Wow new accounts after 6/10 get the following:
Day 1: Healer Ally: Priest RanRan
Day 2: [A] Ally Summon
Day 3: 50 Shoes
Day 4: 50 Tickets
Day 5: EXP Booster (1 day)
Day 6: 50,000 Gold
Day 7: Tank Ally: Mystery King
Day 8: 50 Shoes
Day 9: 50 Tickets
Day 10: 50 Rubies

RanRan (AOE healer) and Mystery King (Best S tank) for free!
I had both those units on my team (at MAX+2) when I beat legendary.

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?246175-Event-New-Boden-Bash

For new people, this is probably the best event that is going to happen. I would recommend rerolling on a new account if you aren't too far in.

For new people, this is probably the best event that is going to happen. I would recommend rerolling on a new account if you aren't too far in.

Do you have to level it or just wait for rewards at level 1?

vesp

Was really enjoying this but think I'm about done. That event is total bullshit to people that have been grinding through especially if they dumped cash. And then on the flip side everything else is so far in the rich get richer spectrum that if you didn't get extremely lucky or spend whale amounts of cash, your progress slows down to an absolute halt. My third sss being a dupe didn't help either after I pretty much invested every fodder, gold coin, and ruby I had to get it, so now don't even have a reasonably stable for labrinth and pvp.

I pretty much feel if you didn't roll a gram, Byron, Mercedes, or shabelle and have hit 50 and have rapported the majority of fodder, there's no real way to catch back up without buying a shit ton of rubies.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Was really enjoying this but think I'm about done. That event is total bullshit to people that have been grinding through especially if they dumped cash. And then on the flip side everything else is so far in the rich get richer spectrum that if you didn't get extremely lucky or spend whale amounts of cash, your progress slows down to an absolute halt. My third sss being a dupe didn't help either after I pretty much invested every fodder, gold coin, and ruby I had to get it, so now don't even have a reasonably stable for labrinth and pvp.

I pretty much feel if you didn't roll a gram, Byron, Mercedes, or shabelle and have hit 50 and have rapported the majority of fodder, there's no real way to catch back up without buying a shit ton of rubies.

Sounds like you forced an upgrade too early. Sorry to hear your strategy didn't pan out.

johnsmith

remember me
I'm only at 43, last quest before Gram or whatever. The xp grind is brutal. 50-60k per isn't enough.

Yeah, I'm at Gram and getting my ass kicked too. I think I'm 42? Pretty much lost interest in this game, especially now that I find out I get screwed out of an S healer, still stuck with an A.

Einbroch

Banned
I don't have any of those allies and my best SSS is middle tier, with my other two being middle-low. On Myth right now.

Thinking you need to be in the top 1% every week is silly. The rich get richer, sure, but the poor get richer, too.

Uthred

I'd like that tank, but not enough to restart. Started with RanRan after re-rolling long enough to get an S to start with. The promo seems like a bad idea in that it alienates your existing players

wapplew

I feel you man.
Those weekly rubies, those 1%...I've been at 1.2% on every event this week,
if I started the game at the beginning and spend a little to get ahead of the curve, live will be so easy now.
And that shit RNG, I never pull any good healer and I'm 54 now, it will be total fuck if I not a priest.

KimChi

Ah so now it makes sense why I got those ally summons in my mailbox, level up remix was in effect while I was leveling rogue. It sucks about the event giving the tank and healer but i've seen brave frontier do something similar, likely wont be giving any of it to existing players unless I get proven wrong.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I seriously dont understand the CC duration in the game. Why is it fair to be silenced/stunned for 20+ seconds, just not fun

I have every piece but the stuff from deathcrown... because i'm stuck in the last 4 stages :/ and not many people run him that i know(since you can invite people into raids) 3 Helms, 2 gauntlets and a boot, not counting other SSS stuff i have. the best thing however, is that the 3 helms i have all work for my characters classes, warrior, mage, rogue (working on him stat)

My progression in crown's landing came to a stop. The f-ing AI hits me with both skill blocks and AOE lightning magic on top of sniping me. What a load of bullshit. Lvl 51, btw.

The only way for me to get through the fucking level is to either deck out with SS, SSS units or farm and enhance yellow and red equipment.

Yea....gonna do this one last on Myth, It just hurts

I can't even get to myth because the fucking game keeps sniping both of my fucking S healers that are decked out and maxed out. Fucking infuriating.

Do allies use Rage, Focus, and Vigor? If so which uses which? I got some earrings but not sure who to give them too.

Also is Mana the same as MP? It says they increase Mana, but there's no stat called Mana on any of my characters stat screens. And why does my priest have 0 MP? Do heals not use MP or something?

Your collectible allies don't use any of those at all. They simply rely on a timer to cast their skills/spells.

Only player characters use those attributes.

Mana = MP = priest/mage

Focus = archer

Rage = warrior

Vigor = rogue

To put it into perspective, I'm still using an S rank MAX+2 mystery king at level 53 in Myth.

Im convinced that you dont need anything more than Limit Break S characters to beat the game

That said I can see the straight anguish in here from people not achieving their goals when they want to.

Sucks losing all that hard work to a shit RNG result. Its still a gacha game and is intended to be played slowly over a long period of time but yeah

It breeds envy of the lucky and the rich unfortunately but only if you let it. For me its one of the best casual phone games for me and ill continue to plug away little by little

For now

agc

Thought I'd check out the game but the referrer name in the OP is at max referrals. Is there another name I can use?

Sciel

It's infuriating how people are so cheap with scrolls in raids. These things are like 3/8k for a stack of 5 and people just refuse to use them.

The amount of wipes ive experienced due to this today is just ughhh.

draw4wild

Im convinced that you dont need anything more than Limit Break S characters to beat the game

That said I can see the straight anguish in here from people not achieving their goals when they want to.

Sucks losing all that hard work to a shit RNG result. Its still a gacha game and is intended to be played slowly over a long period of time but yeah

It breeds envy of the lucky and the rich unfortunately but only if you let it. For me its one of the best casual phone games for me and ill continue to plug away little by little

For now
I think theres one main difference between this and other gacha games. In other games, let's say you save up rolls for a month and get nothing good. You still spent that month making your team better by leveling them/evolve materials/etc so you still have something to show for playing for that month.

In this game, if you save up rolls for a month, then use those 30 or so monsters to make an SSS and its a dupe or something worse than you had, you have zero to show for that month of work. There is no cost to leveling monsters once you are max level and since you chose to combine for an SSS, none of your team got to be enhanced. You could have not played at all that month and be in the same spot

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I think theres one main difference between this and other gacha games. In other games, let's say you save up rolls for a month and get nothing good. You still spent that month making your team better by leveling them/evolve materials/etc so you still have something to show for playing for that month.

In this game, if you save up rolls for a month, then use those 30 or so monsters to make an SSS and its a dupe or something worse than you had, you have zero to show for that month of work. There is no cost to leveling monsters once you are max level and since you chose to combine for an SSS, none of your team got to be enhanced. You could have not played at all that month and be in the same spot

That means you are upgrading wrong. You should use those rolls to make your core team stronger by maxing them. Once that is fine you can try for new units.

garath

Is SSS Warrior Gar good enough to put some effort into maxing or save him for a rebirth later? He has a nice AoE stun but it's a low percentage.

wapplew

I don't know, I have full team level 54 SSS now, all of them over 12k hp, with tanker over 20k hp, got one/two shot at myth castle.
Can you really clear myth with S max4?

Einbroch

Banned
Upgrading allies is the number one way to get stronger, and it's cheaper than going up a tier.

An S+4 will have double the stats. Do that to everyone, and your team will be really strong. Honestly I wish I would have just upgraded all my units to max+4 instead of going for my second and third SSS.

Yaari

Upgrading allies is the number one way to get stronger, and it's cheaper than going up a tier.

An S+4 will have double the stats. Do that to everyone, and your team will be really strong. Honestly I wish I would have just upgraded all my units to max+4 instead of going for my second and third SSS.

Maybe but the idea of combining something really awesome... ugh. I can't stop myself from doing it.

draw4wild

That means you are upgrading wrong. You should use those rolls to make your core team stronger by maxing them. Once that is fine you can try for new units.
We will have to agree to disagree. I think it's a huge waste to upgrade units like dark gnoll and captain Freya knowing they are waiting to be replaced with any number of units. And it still doesn't change the fact that a dupe/bad combine is a complete waste of resources until you're ready to limit break, and I doubt anyone has limit break levels on bottom tier SSS

JigsawX

So far I would say that I agree with the people saying that you should be upgrading core party before anything else. Before going for SSS I tried to have a balanced party of Tank + healer + 2 dps all Max for their level.

That being said For Myth if your going to do S, definitely need Max +4 but them not having the extra skills...it's going to be brutal.

Currently at Myth Landing Garden at lvl 53
Party make up
Mage Main
Dark Archer Pitch +4 - 10240 Health (Bah! 2.8k attack though)
Death Crown - 16k Health
Dark Priest Porin +7 - 17k Health
Dark Lance Max - 21.5k health

So far Revive Scrolls / Pots / Health Scrolls are keeping me alive
Also Healer friends to survive the strong stages

Sciel

So far I would say that I agree with the people saying that you should be upgrading core party before anything else. Before going for SSS I tried to have a balanced party of Tank + healer + 2 dps all Max for their level.

That being said For Myth if your going to do S, definitely need Max +4 but them not having the extra skills...it's going to be brutal.

Currently at Myth Landing Garden at lvl 53
Party make up
Mage Main
Dark Archer Pitch +4 - 10240 Health (Bah! 2.8k attack though)
Death Crown - 16k Health
Dark Priest Porin +7 - 17k Health
Dark Lance Max - 21.5k health

So far Revive Scrolls / Pots / Health Scrolls are keeping me alive
Also Healer friends to survive the strong stages

Jesus, that is one squishy archer lol. How often does Pitch die in your fights? My Farq has 12k and she is getting wrecked.

You pretty much HAVE to invest in Stamina and HP gear to have enough HP to withstand opening volleys which happen ALOT

Luckily Purple and SS Gear sets can help with this

My Priest has Tyrant set with Stamina set bonus and SS Armor with HP, Stamina and INT

JigsawX

Jesus, that is one squishy archer lol. How often does Pitch die in your fights? My Farq has 12k and she is getting wrecked.

Because of her health she's in the wayy back. Surprisingly it's Porin / Deathcrown that get gibbed more than her. But i also suspect that since I'm auto battling I'm not watching all the time and porin just rez's pitch when she gets gibbed lol

JigsawX

Anyone know the Stam to Hp ratio by any chance? Trying to figure out if I should trade out this Stam gear for raw HP or not

Z3M0G

Sweet, I still haven't started... sounds like a great time to.

Have there been many quality of life updates to the game yet? Some things about it really pissed me off... like it auto-playing story while suspended and even while marketing pop-ups are on screen... gamebreaking for me.

garath

I have a bunch of fodder now but I'm afraid to use them. It's been all disappointment lately lol.

Plus I'm not sure if I should be building more SS guys and try to get either a top tier AoE dps or a tank or if I should take my extra dps SS guys and roll the dice on another SSS.

My core party is maxed. Not that many super strong helpers though so I suppose I could beef up them but they're pretty low tier.

Ventara

It's infuriating how people are so cheap with scrolls in raids. These things are like 3/8k for a stack of 5 and people just refuse to use them.

The amount of wipes ive experienced due to this today is just ughhh.

My mind is blown. I had no idea they cost gold. For some reason I thought they cost rubies.

But no, I'm not using scrolls for raids. Not worth it.

JigsawX

My mind is blown. I had no idea they cost gold. For some reason I thought they cost rubies.

But no, I'm not using scrolls for raids. Not worth it.

I would say for myth it's worth it. Failing in raid means loss of the ticket / time that could have been spent elsewhere.

Ventara

I would say for myth it's worth it. Failing in raid means loss of the ticket / time that could have been spent elsewhere.

Ah, okay. I'm still slumming it up in Hero mode, and currently, the rewards isn't really worth the gold (unless I get the SS item, but that's rare). I can see the situation being different in Myth, maybe even Legend.

JigsawX

Finally hit a nasty road block in Myth, Dam shamans in the castle keep silencing / aoeing me. Time to head to desert to farm exp/items

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Finally hit a nasty road block in Myth, Dam shamans in the castle keep silencing / aoeing me. Time to head to desert to farm exp/items

I hit a wall in the final area. There is a crazy damage/mob HP spike over the other areas that is tough to overcome. I will need to finish enhancing my team to progress. At least you can still join raids hosted by other people of need be to continue main character progression.

I found Desert 9 is a good stage for mindlessly autobattling exp if your team can't handle or isn't at pumpkin 9.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ah, okay. I'm still slumming it up in Hero mode, and currently, the rewards isn't really worth the gold (unless I get the SS item, but that's rare). I can see the situation being different in Myth, maybe even Legend.

Yeah... I mean, most people have hundreds of thousands of gold at legend and beyond, so it's very silly not to use your scrolls, either in raids or otherwise. I spam scrolls like they are going out of style. It's feeder units that limit me far, far, far more than gold.

Separately, the worst part about leveling an alt is the fact that people on your friends list dump you because they think you are level 12. I'm level 50+ normally. I swear! :p

JigsawX

Yeah... I mean, most people have hundreds of thousands of gold at legend and beyond, so it's very silly not to use your scrolls, either in raids or otherwise. I spam scrolls like they are going out of style. It's feeder units that limit me far, far, far more than gold.

Separately, the worst part about leveling an alt is the fact that people on your friends list dump you because they think you are level 12. I'm level 50+ normally. I swear! :p

Just gotta remember to switch back to main before logging out for the night/day!

It seems like both A units and C units are fairly plentiful. C you get a ton of from friend summons and random battle encounters, and A's you get from premium summons. But B's are really rare. Is it worth combining some C's up to B? I guess it requires 8 C units to get a single B unit, so maybe it's not worth it. Just seems weird that they're so hard to get. Seems like 80-90% of my captures are C units, even on Hero.

Top Bottom