• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

sensui-tomo

Arena and labrynth are pretty much the only things Mage has going for them at the moment. Let us have something! Archers get world bosses and raids.

Rogues say they own the arena and lab :p just about to get my 4th SSS, just need 1 more feed for my SS crappy mage (love my SS priest)

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I should probably try getting below 5% in the arena. Would be sweet if I could make it, since it would result in a new costume and title for me. Looking grim though. People are so, so strong.

Pejo

Kinda crazy, my first 5 SS's gave me 2 warriors, a priest, a mage, an archer, and I'm a rogue. I feel like this party is a little too balanced to be good at anything though. I'm struggling every hour trying to stay within that top 10% in PVP. If i can somehow manage, I will easily be able to hit my new Rogue costume next week, all I need is top 20% there.

After I get one more SS it's time to decide who my sacrifices are going to be in my first SSS. God I feel like it's going to take forever to get 2 SS's units leveled up without using Rubies. I've stayed strong so far though, waiting for Season 2. Up to ~1500 rubies now.

Sciel

Rogues say they own the arena and lab :p just about to get my 4th SSS, just need 1 more feed for my SS crappy mage (love my SS priest)
I've had Rogues solo my whole team :/ .

Mage is pretty much a one trick pony in Arena, Against an equally matched team, If your initial sheep misses / Meteor doesn't do enough damage...well you are screwed.

garath

I should probably try getting below 5% in the arena. Would be sweet if I could make it, since it would result in a new costume and title for me. Looking grim though. People are so, so strong.

People are pretty strong in the top 5%. I'm sitting in the top 2% right now and most of the opponents are 53+ with full teams of SS max and SSS.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've had Rogues solo my whole team :/ .

Mage is pretty much a one trick pony in Arena, Against an equally matched team, If your initial sheep misses / Meteor doesn't do enough damage...well you are screwed.

It's a pretty good trick, though, both in arena and GB. I've been having some pretty good wins against better teams in GB because of that. Not saying mage > rogue, though.

And I'm pretty sure I can't make the top 1% in arena. People just have too many SSS compared to my team.

JigsawX

It's a pretty good trick, though, both in arena and GB. I've been having some pretty good wins against better teams in GB because of that. Not saying mage > rogue, though.

And I'm pretty sure I can't make the top 1% in arena. People just have too many SSS compared to my team.

Even with a full SSS-Max team I'm having trouble break into the 1%. I do use the random fight though everytime since it allows me to climb up quickly, but eventually I run into a SSS Gram team and bam I lose that 20 point win bonus.

commish

Even with a full SSS-Max team I'm having trouble break into the 1%. I do use the random fight though everytime since it allows me to climb up quickly, but eventually I run into a SSS Gram team and bam I lose that 20 point win bonus.

Not worth it once you get to the top ranks for just that reason. You get faced with a team that you have no chance against. That +20 bonus is pretty nice :)

Good to know that breaking 1% is hard no matter what. I'm at 2% right now, so I'll just chill there for the rest of the time until reset.

Pejo

Not worth it once you get to the top ranks for just that reason. You get faced with a team that you have no chance against. That +20 bonus is pretty nice :)

Good to know that breaking 1% is hard no matter what. I'm at 2% right now, so I'll just chill there for the rest of the time until reset.

Reset is 1:00AM Pacific, correct? I need to probably (hopefully) win 1-3 more battles to stay in top 10%, gonna remember to do that before bed tonight.

Kalavaras

Banned
How do you actually go for your first SSS, like what's the optimal way to do it. I'm at lvl48 and only done some SS combines. I just don't know where to start to build my first SSS.

commish

Reset is 1:00AM Pacific, correct? I need to probably (hopefully) win 1-3 more battles to stay in top 10%, gonna remember to do that before bed tonight.

Not sure, actually, but I know it's tonight at some point.

How do you actually go for your first SSS, like what's the optimal way to do it. I'm at lvl48 and only done some SS combines. I just don't know where to start to build my first SSS.

This guide might help you out:

https://gamelytic.com/dragon-blaze-ally-enhancement-combine-guide/

Personally, I would get a team of good SS before worrying about SSS. You can get to myth with your SS. When it IS time to start building your SSS, be sure to focus on your weaker SS for combining. And don't combine your healer away without a backup!

Ventara

Combine 2 SS. If you're asking what's the best way to level 2 SS units, what I'm doing is first using 2 A units to get that 16% enhance bonus then just use C units until they level up.

Goroh

Did they take out SS items from raids or something? I've been getting only blues in raids all week, it's kinda frustrating...

Goroh

Just got an SS item from a raid a few hours ago. You're probably having a bad streak.

Yeah that was kinda hyperbolic, i saw them too in the grid, but they dropped a lot more in difficulties under myth... i really hope the enhanced drops events come again. :(

garath

Any other Android users have issues with the game lately?

Seems like a few days ago all of a sudden each time I log in now a few things are like "reset":

- The default character is my alt. I even tried deleting the alt and creating a new one but it's still always the alt and I have to manually select my main and log in
- My mailbox has every item listed as "new" every time I log in
- It always puts me back into a default channel instead of the 703 I use to avoid the constant annoying item spam

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Seems like a few days ago all of a sudden each time I log in now a few things are like "reset":

- The default character is my alt. I even tried deleting the alt and creating a new one but it's still always the alt and I have to manually select my main and log in
- It always puts me back into a default channel instead of the 703 I use to avoid the constant annoying item spam

I haven't seen any of that. The game stores my channel and always has the alt which I logged into last at the top of the list. No idea on the mailbox thing as I claim and use things pretty consistently so It is always empty.

I am on android using a Oneplus One if that matters.

garath

I haven't seen any of that. The game stores my channel and always has the alt which I logged into last at the top of the list. No idea on the mailbox thing as I claim and use things pretty consistently so It is always empty.

I am on android using a Oneplus One if that matters.

Dammit. I'm not sure if I should try to delete the app and redownload. I don't want to lose my game. I do have it tied to a hive account but still makes me nervous.

niosh

Banned
Just got my third SSS, Captain Shabelle and finally got a decent tank that's above S rank, SS Ger. Other randoms I got during this combine/summon session were:

SS Captain Tirud
SS Dark Knife Otehr
SS Commander Arat
SS Dark Breath
SS Dark Arrow Tarq (duplicate)

Pretty much out of fodder and low on rubies so it'll be a long while before my next SSS, will probably use Arat and Tarq as combine material.

Yeah that was kinda hyperbolic, i saw them too in the grid, but they dropped a lot more in difficulties under myth... i really hope the enhanced drops events come again. :(

Been like this for me too. Saw a good amount of SS and even SSS equip in Legendary but Myth has been mostly blues with a few purples and very rarely a SSS.

KimChi

Not seeing these issues on my end either, I'm playing on a nvidia shield tablet. The game always defaults to the last character I logged in with and channel is the same everytime I login as well.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Dammit. I'm not sure if I should try to delete the app and redownload. I don't want to lose my game. I do have it tied to a hive account but still makes me nervous.

As long as you have a hive account you will be fine. I switch between PC and Android a lot and it is flawless.

JigsawX

Myth for some reason just feels lackluster in drops

Just did 30 runs of Myth Deus Death with a good group. SS everytime.
Saw one SSS quiver (went to the priest sadly with two archers in the party) in the 4-slots. saw one SSS Staff in the chest.

Majority of it was blues, had 1 and a half page worth. 1/2 page of purple. rest was orange.

KumaJG

I am mad at myself for discovering this thread so late :'(. Been playing for 3 weeks now. Right now a level 53 Preist. Got my first SS through premium pull. Got that same SS 2 more time through combine :(. My party is all type of shit. It consist of:

Me(Preist)
Dark Arrow Archer(my only SSS)
Assassin Vor
Commander Arat
Ranran

I don't have a Tank because the game is cruel...

Vitanimus

got my first SSS, a bottom tier pari mage. oh well. anyone else also have reaaaaaaaally slow matching on legendary komodo fairy? I'm guessing everyone has moved onto myth

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
got my first SSS, a bottom tier pari mage. oh well. anyone else also have reaaaaaaaally slow matching on legendary komodo fairy? I'm guessing everyone has moved onto myth

Everybody skips komodo on every difficulty. There is literally no reason to do it aside from first clear rubies.

Grind up to the worm and farm him for some SSS gear.

sensui-tomo

Everybody skips komodo on every difficulty. There is literally no reason to do it aside from first clear rubies.

Grind up to the worm and farm him for some SSS gear.

komodo has nothing on myth either? thought he had a part of the myth raid set.
If not well one less thing to grind against.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
komodo has nothing on myth either? thought he had a part of the myth raid set.
If not well one less thing to grind against.

On myth he has boots. But the worm also has the boots and is far easier to kill.
Komodo is too annoying and difficult to kill. They should have put SSS accessories on him in myth to encourage people to actually do it.

sensui-tomo

On myth he has boots. But the worm also has the boots and is far easier to kill.
Komodo is too annoying and difficult to kill. They should have put SSS accessories on him in myth to encourage people to actually do it.

Worm is best enemy to kill.
Just fused 2 low tier SS people into Queen Caberra.... (also i've been getting weird free summons from the game, any event going on?) Best to keep SSS pearla and remove SSS Gnoll for Caberra right? Azur is my other member and so is SS viri (i'm tank or rogue)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Worm is best enemy to kill.
Just fused 2 low tier SS people into Queen Caberra.... (also i've been getting weird free summons from the game, any event going on?) Best to keep SSS pearla and remove SSS Gnoll for Caberra right? Azur is my other member and so is SS viri (i'm tank or rogue)

Caberra is pretty awesome. I use her as my helper for arena and lab. Her AOE sheep is pretty crazy.

Definitely get rid of gnoll.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
what would you suggest i do with him? use as a +max material or use as a re-roll dude? or keep in reserves for ... lab?

I am keeping my lower tier SSS around as helpers or for future rebirth (I won't add +s to them until I have a core team of SSS maxed out). I don't think I will start using them for limit break unless I get a top tier of a season 2 unit. It is just too resource intensive to sacrifice them.

In a future update each limit break + gives you a skill point you can use to upgrade the skills on your merc. I'll wait for that to pan out before I start sacrificing them.

Sciel

what would you suggest i do with him? use as a +max material or use as a re-roll dude? or keep in reserves for ... lab?
+max material. Rebirth is too expensive.

I think my next SSS will be my last irrespective of what I get till next patch. Already have all content beaten and will not be able to compete with the top unless:

1) I reroll rogue (cause rogues are lol)
2) Get better gear (myth drops for storm tyrant and above are so shit really. Blues/purples 90% of the damn time).
3) Combine and luck out for a top tier tank/dps. Unlikely considering my past combine record, It's too agonizing fusing low tier SSS ranks.

KumaJG

Don't the Komodo also have the accessories?

JigsawX

+max material. Rebirth is too expensive.

I think my next SSS will be my last irrespective of what I get till next patch. Already have all content beaten and will not be able to compete with the top unless:

1) I reroll rogue (cause rogues are lol)
2) Get better gear (myth drops for storm tyrant and above are so shit really. Blues/purples 90% of the damn time).
3) Combine and luck out for a top tier tank/dps. Unlikely considering my past combine record, It's too agonizing fusing low tier SSS ranks.

Yea pretty much the direction I'm heading. Going to keep farming my 1-5% in everything to stock up on rubies to get ready for S2.

Ventara

Is it worth grinding Komodo Dragon for the Buster Glove? Or is the Mythic set better? Wondering if I should blow my tickets on lab runs (though I already have a lot of cash) or try grinding for the Blazing set.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just did another 15 runs of myth deus, 0 SSS. Are the rates really that bad or is this just really bad string of luck?

15 is nothing. I have done over 60 and have seen 1 dagger drop to another person in the party.

Weapons are a pain to farm.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Is it worth grinding Komodo Dragon for the Buster Glove? Or is the Mythic set better? Wondering if I should blow my tickets on lab runs (though I already have a lot of cash) or try grinding for the Blazing set.

Komodo doesn't drop buster anything. Worm, jungle area, mountain area, and deathcrown drop buster stuff.

Top Bottom