• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

draw4wild

I was able to keep top 5% in arena this week, went to bed at 4.27%. It's getting harder and harder without having any hero SSS units, I don't know how much longer I'll be able to hold people off.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting to top 5% in labyrinth this week too. I always get to the last stage of elementals and usually have about 100k. This week that same spot is only getting me like 85k. I even res scroll once and got to the floating eyes and still only had 92k. I'm at 7%atm.

garath

I was able to keep top 5% in arena this week, went to bed at 4.27%. It's getting harder and harder without having any hero SSS units, I don't know how much longer I'll be able to hold people off.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting to top 5% in labyrinth this week too. I always get to the last stage of elementals and usually have about 100k. This week that same spot is only getting me like 85k. I even res scroll once and got to the floating eyes and still only had 92k. I'm at 7%atm.

You just made me check my lab rank. I'm at 4.87% lol. I don't know if that is going to hold up.

edit: there we go. Got 132k points. We'll see what my rank is when that updates. Should be a safe 5%.

JigsawX

One of the best things of leveling a new class alt...All them gems for re-doing the raids! About 200-400! (Rough estimate). Thought I am curious why this level 54 is in Legend Deathcrown...

garath

One of the best things of leveling a new class alt...All them gems for re-doing the raids! About 200-400! (Rough estimate). Thought I am curious why this level 54 is in Legend Deathcrown...

Lol. I've done legend Deathcrown in my 50s before I unlocked storm tyrant. Not 54 though. Little strange to have not unlocked Storm Tyrant by then.

Dreavus

That feeling when you open a pit chest and it's 50 raid tickets and your like...ugh not right now

yeppp.

Although I'm starting to feel like that for the entire game. :\

Just signing in for the daily stamp nowadays. I do kind of want to beat Hero Gram though.

JigsawX

Right before maintenance too. Ouch.
Better crank out some quick arena runs!

I've actually been burning through them again at deus...I just don't learn. Another 25 runs of no SSS sightings. They had to have nerfed the appearance rate..or is myth deus like that? (can someone from the krn version confirm?)

niosh

Banned
Myth Gram is just ridiculous.

Seems impossible without use of revival scrolls unless you Limit Break your group and go in with an ungodly amount of HP.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Myth Gram is just ridiculous.

Seems impossible without use of revival scrolls unless you Limit Break your group and go in with an ungodly amount of HP.

It is largely rng when it comes to the adds.
Why wouldn't you use revive scrolls?

I've actually been burning through them again at deus...I just don't learn. Another 25 runs of no SSS sightings. They had to have nerfed the appearance rate..or is myth deus like that? (can someone from the krn version confirm?)

I'm trying to get my Buster armor from Legendary Deathcrown but it hasn't shown up at all in the 25 or so times that I raided him. Hell, I almost have a full Deathcrown set but still no Buster armor.

I also need Buster bow and quiver and those didn't show up at all on Deus.

niosh

Banned
It is largely rng when it comes to the adds.
Why wouldn't you use revive scrolls?

Oh i don't mind using scrolls, just ridiculous how strong he is. Took me 7 revive scrolls to get through that entire level. Those archers adds just own, and if you get them with 2 priest adds it pretty much game over.

JigsawX

Yeah :/

I had a couple more boss tries I wanted to do. I broke it wide open and got past the second rage to get in the top 2%. I bet with enough people I could have made it to 1% for the first time.

Oh wow what's your party / class for the boss?

garath

Oh wow what's your party / class for the boss?

Lvl 54 rogue
Max SS vivi
Max+2 S abyss king
Max SS assassin Misty (I think)
Max SS Archer vi? (Red armor. Crit skills)
+1 SSS warrior gar helper (I think that's the name)

Maintenance so I can't check the exact names.

I use the dance of death build and start with max vigor. I unload on him initially and my dance of death and vanish just come back by first rage which gets me through it without the helper. I don't use helper until second rage.

sensui-tomo

Lvl 54 rogue
Max SS vivi
Max+2 S abyss king
Max SS assassin Misty (I think)
Max SS Archer vi? (Red armor. Crit skills)
+1 SSS warrior gar helper (I think that's the name)

Maintenance so I can't check the exact names.

I use the dance of death build and start with max vigor. I unload on him initially and my dance of death and vanish just come back by first rage which gets me through it without the helper. I don't use helper until second rage.

Maybe i should just focus on maxing my characters out, just maxed viri(or whatever the SS priest is called) going to do the same for Caberra(or whatever queen SSS is called) and then the rest.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Maybe i should just focus on maxing my characters out, just maxed viri(or whatever the SS priest is called) going to do the same for Caberra(or whatever queen SSS is called) and then the rest.

Maxing out your core team is very important. It helps a bit for world boss, the biggest part of him getting 1% is he is a rogue. Many classes don't have a shot against that thing unless they have a full max+4 team.

JigsawX

Maxing out your core team is very important. It helps a bit for world boss, the biggest part of him getting 1% is he is a rogue. Many classes don't have a shot against that thing unless they have a full max+4 team.

Yea for someone reason thought he was a mage I was like whatttttt

My rogue is only 50 now

sensui-tomo

leveling up my rogue(secondary might become main) right now, the good thing is all the B/A ranks i get from doing these missions again, having a tank doesnt really help in the world boss. (it aint no paladin)

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
damn..those AOE archers in the Fortress(Legend difficulty) are brutal. I have a feeling that I will be stuck here for awhile even though I already have 3 SS allies

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Wow, I tried world boss on my 53 priest...
Stomped my 55 mage record of 75k. I got 126k on my second try. Magnify build is OP.

Sciel

Made it to Crown's Landing (Myth) on my 53 Priest. Magnify Ultimate is really damn good. Might just use this Priest as my main once i max her :x.

Sciel

Is SSS Gar better than SS Dark Lance to tank?
Nope. Gar is pretty sub-par as a tank.

His skills are the following:
AoE 237% / CD 16.5
AoE 209% Stun 26% (10s) / CD 27
Self Buff +81% ATK (41s) / CD 47.3
+25% DEF
+14 STR

Looking at his skills, I've no idea why they classify him (and Freya) as tanks

Dark Lance on the otherhand is one of the better SS Tanks and has the following skills:

ST 537% Stun (12s) / CD 20.8
PARTY Buff +32% DEF (32s) / CD 72.8
ST Debuff -38% ATK (19s) / CD 25.5
+14% STA
PARTY +7% STR (Heave-ho)

Also, its much cheaper to MAX Dark Lance than Gar (who you....wouldn't want to MAX lol).

Yaari

I'm happy to have reached Legendary. The EXP is so much better, and I've found 3 B allies already. In Hero, the majority of what I found were C's.

garath

No 1% on world boss for me. Finished in 3% even :/

Damn maintenance. I wanted to take another stab at him.

Looks like even labyrinth I may get pushed out. My 132k points is putting me in 4% territory. Man, it's getting competitive.

Finally made it to Legend. Thanks go Garath' who pretty much destroyed that Hero Gram.

Nice! Legend is much better. XP is better and you can actually get some good gear. It's tougher though. Glad I could help :p

So i'm guessing in the beginning I shouldn't really worry about enhancing or combining and just focus on progression. does that sound right?

You're going to want to keep combining and enhancing as you go along otherwise you'll hit walls pretty quick. But yes, progression is really the number 1 goal initially as opposed to grinding a normal or hero stage over and over trying to level up.

Yaari

Yeah I didn't bother doing much Raids during Hero. Everything I'd get would be replaced a few levels later. Hopefully I can get something decent soon.

Also, does anyone know, these quests for reaching for example Hero mode, the Rubies award is given once, or on each of your characters? I might go get my Mage to Legend aswell if it gives 200 each time.

JigsawX

Yeah I didn't bother doing much Raids during Hero. Everything I'd get would be replaced a few levels later. Hopefully I can get something decent soon.

Also, does anyone know, these quests for reaching for example Hero mode, the Rubies award is given once, or on each of your characters? I might go get my Mage to Legend aswell if it gives 200 each time.

Those are account quests so only one time. The ones for beating the raids though are class driven. All the raids ones give 200-400 I want to say. Beating Shadow craig / Death / Deus on Legend was like 40 each. I believe Hero was like 20ish each.

KimChi

hrmm still working on the desert area in Myth, does storm tyrant drop a set with a Stamina bonus in myth? Just want to give stamina bonus to allies since legend had a 2 set stamina bonus.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Wish there was a way to speed up Laby runs. Been running them all morning pretty much.

Put in weaker units. I have stopped running with my Byron because he just doesn't die. It could be only him with no healer on wave 25 and he just keeps trucking with his 42k hp and the mobs hitting him for 100 or missing.

Otherwise you can start at 25 (as long as you have reached it before). It takes 4 tickets but is faster.

JigsawX

Put in weaker units. I have stopped running with my Byron because he just doesn't die. It could be only him with no healer on wave 25 and he just keeps trucking with his 42k hp and the mobs hitting him for 100 or missing.

Otherwise you can start at 25 (as long as you have reached it before). It takes 4 tickets but is faster.

the stage 25 one though isn't as efficient for gold though right? Pretty much got the same amount but it costs 4 tickets?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
the stage 25 one though isn't as efficient for gold though right? Pretty much got the same amount but it costs 4 tickets?

Definitely not as efficient, but it is faster. I do it when I just don't feel like sinking the time into using my tickets.

niosh

Banned

Did you limit break your Byron? how does he have 42k hp?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Did you limit break your Byron? how does he have 42k hp?

I stack +HP, STA, and DEF on all my allies. You would be surprised what you can pull off when you add accessories, offhands, and armor to the mix.
I also use Viri who gives a 6% STA buff.

With some luck I can get him above 45k easily.

My Byron is only at MAX. I haven't limit breaked him.

JigsawX

Now that my rogue is closer to 55. Debating whether I should unlock the additional accessories on him or not...S2 is probably far off but wondering if I should save those 200 for pally since apparently they OP.

JigsawX

Starting to feel like someone forgot to flip the switch for SSS/SS drops to appear (more so) for myth deus

Actually it's more like they forgot to enable the ranking system. Looks like they treating every run like a C run.

KimChi

Looking to join a guild. No one is active in the one I'm currently in.

Any guilds recruiting?
You could try checking out the NeoGAF guild if you are in the US server and if it has any room for members left.

Starting to feel like someone forgot to flip the switch for SSS/SS drops to appear (more so) for myth deus

Actually it's more like they forgot to enable the ranking system. Looks like they treating every run like a C run.
It does feel like raid drops were nerfed or it could just be rng. I've had some days I get nothing but green and blue gear then yesterday I got 4 buster boots in a row.

Top Bottom