• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Sciel

Just did another 15 runs of myth deus, 0 SSS. Are the rates really that bad or is this just really bad string of luck?
The rates are just plain awful.

I've have seen them more in the chest rather than the normal drop itself. Wouldn't put it past them to have lowered the normal drops rates to make more people open the ruby chest TBH.

JigsawX

15 is nothing. I have done over 60 and have seen 1 dagger drop to another person in the party.

Weapons are a pain to farm.

Catching up! right now at 45+ runs. I did get the bow but I just feel bad since I rather have it go to someone who can use it.

I feel there should be at least more oranges though for the efforts. Mostly it's blues and purples..

sensui-tomo

leveled queen caberra to 50, dat AOE LAMB, time to make her the first maxed SSS character (and then max priest viri eventually, just wondering if i should max out my team or make more SSS characters

Shouta

d1dnPAT.jpg

Any good? Or bad? lol

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Who is your team?

Lv 55 mage main (meteor build)
SSS pirate king Byron +4
SSS Aura windlune +5
SSS Dark mage Pari +3
SS Priest Viri +MAX
SSS Queen Caberra +0 helper

I need to finish upgrading my SSS units!

leveled queen caberra to 50, dat AOE LAMB, time to make her the first maxed SSS character (and then max priest viri eventually, just wondering if i should max out my team or make more SSS characters

I would max Viri first. Way fewer resources and a larger payoff. I usually boost up damage very last. Luckily my byron is over 30k hp at +4 so I don't see a need to push him higher for this content.

Shouta

Do you have other SS units ? A dps perhaps?

Marc is alright but I'm not a fan of his immunity buff ( cd is way too long) .

Got Veril and Arit up in the corner. I'm a Priest so having another Single target healer is kinda nice but I do want an SSS unit. >_>

sensui-tomo

Got Veril and Arit up in the corner. I'm a Priest so having another Single target healer is kinda nice but I do want an SSS unit. >_>

get rid of arit and the new person, I got rid of arit and never felt better about it, then again i got a pearla out of it.

Sciel

What level should you shoot for SS? Im at lvl 39 and still using only S.
Probably at the end of Hero/Beginning of Legend.

Ah, may you be blessed by the RNG gods in future SS combines :) .

From your level you are in hero mode now correct? I'd say just add him to your team if you feel 2 DPS is doing enough for you. Double healers is perfectly valid.

garath

Yay. Didn't fall below 5% this time. I went to bed at 3% even. Fell to 4%.

We'll see if I can breach the top 5% this time in world boss. That hasn't happened so far. Despite getting 2-3% in all other challenges, that world boss just eludes me.

Yaari

Is it worth it to try and grind an EXP Accesorry? I've been unlucky so far.

My Rogue is 37 now. Hopefully I can keep going at this pace and get back to where my Mage was at before I switched characters. I was about to beat Gram on Hero, I'd like to get back to that point.

Surprised how many people quit this game. My friendlist is stacked with people that just stopped logging in. Surely that happens on every game, but not as often as I've seen here.

garath

Is it worth it to try and grind an EXP Accesorry? I've been unlucky so far.

My Rogue is 37 now. Hopefully I can keep going at this pace and get back to where my Mage was at before I switched characters. I was about to beat Gram on Hero, I'd like to get back to that point.

Surprised how many people quit this game. My friendlist is stacked with people that just stopped logging in. Surely that happens on every game, but not as often as I've seen here.

Surprisingly the guild has been pretty active. I've been kicking 1-2 people a day tops for inactivity.

XP accessories are nice but they're hard to come by until Legendary Storm Tyrant

Chaos17

Worked. Thanks!

Anything I should know before getting started?

Level up any new race of monster you get so you can have 10 ruis each time you will max their affection to 100. If you do that, you will never never need to spend real money in this game.

Also don't forget to invite randoms friends that will give you frienship points that will let you buy monsters and equip (same with rubis but for low level). Usually people use those frienship point in high level to recruit low lvel monsters for enchancing others.

JigsawX

Yay. Didn't fall below 5% this time. I went to bed at 3% even. Fell to 4%.

We'll see if I can breach the top 5% this time in world boss. That hasn't happened so far. Despite getting 2-3% in all other challenges, that world boss just eludes me.

If you can get past the first enrage that seems to guarantee a 5% placement, or at least that was the case last time

Yaari

Surprisingly the guild has been pretty active. I've been kicking 1-2 people a day tops for inactivity.

XP accessories are nice but they're hard to come by until Legendary Storm Tyrant

Yeah I figure. I found some acc' but none with a XP thing on them. I think I will just focus on progressing with gear for now.

I noticed I've been climbing the XP contribution in the Guild. Doing quite well considering how late I started haha. Those Fake facebook friends are paying off. 20 extra shoes per day adds up.

garath

If you can get past the first enrage that seems to guarantee a 5% placement, or at least that was the case last time

Probably just need to wait until the masses get in on it then. I usually wipe at the second rage. No idea how to get past that. Sitting at 10% with 43k now.

JigsawX

Probably just need to wait until the masses get in on it then. I usually wipe at the second rage. No idea how to get past that. Sitting at 10% with 43k now.

Yea right now at 329 (7.9%) with 52,754.
Only way I can see to improve it would be to either
1. Get my rogue to 55
2. Get the myth weapons for mage (Not sure how much it would help since i'm AoE build)
3. Get 55 weapons on my helper rogue / Max him. Sorta don't want to max Percy though.

Yaari

What do you guys like as a team setup in Arena? I use a Tank and a Priest and I'm not sure if they really help much when I face a full out AoE team that blasts them to pieces.

Ventara

Yes! Made it into the top 10% for arena. I got knocked out last time near the end, and was worried the same would happen this time.

JigsawX

What do you guys like as a team setup in Arena? I use a Tank and a Priest and I'm not sure if they really help much when I face a full out AoE team that blasts them to pieces.

I run Tank, 1 Aoe healer, 2 AoEish dps. Helper is either another AoE healer / strong single healer. I switch off.

Sciel

How do you guys setup for Golem to get those scores D: ? I've been doing 1 Heal 4 DPS

I think my highest score is 40k or something (Can't break 2nd barrier).

Mage
DPS 1 (Percy)
DPS 2 (Freyd)
DPS 3 (Farq)
AOE Healer.

JigsawX

How do you guys setup for Golem to get those scores D: ? I've been doing 1 Heal 4 DPS

I think my highest score is 40k or something (Can't break 2nd barrier).

Mage
DPS 1 (Percy)
DPS 2 (Freyd)
DPS 3 (Farq)
AOE Healer.

I burn helper at first stage, also helps that my initial party is all max.

garath

Finally took down gram myth. This will make finding a DDCM party easier!

Nice!! I've hit a small wall in the Forgotten Ruins with the AoE mages. I'm sure I can get around it with enough effort but I haven't been in a rush. Still griding Storm Tyrant a bit and trying to get that level 55. Halfway there.

Pejo

Can I just say fuck the end of PVP snipers that wait til after I go to sleep then kick me out of my bracket. I fought hard as hell to get to 8.1xxx% last night before bed at leve 43, figuring I was fine with about 3 hours to go. Nope, woke up at 10.3%. now ANOTHER extra week until I get my pvp costume. So frustrating, they should limit how many PVP battles can be counted towards your rank per day, then make a "for friends points/other rewards" type of PVP if you find it fun. So frustrating.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Can I just say fuck the end of PVP snipers that wait til after I go to sleep then kick me out of my bracket. I fought hard as hell to get to 8.1xxx% last night before bed at leve 43, figuring I was fine with about 3 hours to go. Nope, woke up at 10.3%. now ANOTHER extra week until I get my pvp costume. So frustrating, they should limit how many PVP battles can be counted towards your rank per day, then make a "for friends points/other rewards" type of PVP if you find it fun. So frustrating.

This is a common problem in these types of PvP games. It sucks and I wish they'd institute some way of capping fights per day at the end. Or at least a limit on how far you can climb.

Yaari

Does the game remember upgrade odds for seperate characters, for example I want to start dropping B's on my SS, while also using C's for my regular S cards.

Chaos17

Is there a way to blacklist people ?
Someone is sending me an guild invite, it's been the 4th time today and always the same guy.

JigsawX

Myth Shadow River last boss stage dropped a SSS (lvl 53) armor. Rolled really nice stats for a caster. For people who are looking for additional armors (because soverign doesn't want to drop off storm) might be a good place to check out.

Ventara

Does the game remember upgrade odds for seperate characters, for example I want to start dropping B's on my SS, while also using C's for my regular S cards.

Yes

I feel your pain. Happened to me last week. Got myself into the 7th percentile to make sure I got in this time.

Is there a way to blacklist people ?
Someone is sending me an guild invite, it's been the 4th time today and always the same guy.

There's a player who keeps sending me a message with nothing more than "hey." It's starting to get creepy, tbh.

Lesath

You got pretty far for your level. I felt so confident yesterday that I was at least top 3%, but I came home to find that I was pushed out of the 5% during the course of the day. I had to spend all 30 tickets fighting to get back up to my current limit (I cannot usually engage anybody above my level or with more than 1 SSS). Point is, save your tickets on the last day.

JigsawX

Sorry to hear that.

I don't know how common it is but some people try to grind levels / +'s or gears before they do arena so they have that better chance. I don't consider myself a sniper but I generally try to use my tickets throughout the week getting better gear for my group (besides the daily one) than for Arena I play the last half of the day / last 30 tickets. I believe I shot up a good couple percent since I just kept doing random / double point challenges. I imagine there are some other people whom has to do that also at least. 1-5% bracket doesn't move that much but below that I would say people are pretty close so to try and be 5-7% above what you want.

But considering your level you were doing really good! keep it up!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Wow, I just saw a SSS bow, SSS staff, and SSS orb drop in a single DDCM. I rolled the only purple item.

*cuts self*

Top Bottom