• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

JigsawX

You could try checking out the NeoGAF guild if you are in the US server and if it has any room for members left.

It does feel like raid drops were nerfed or it could just be rng. I've had some days I get nothing but green and blue gear then yesterday I got 4 buster boots in a row.

Could be RNG but close to 90+ runs on Deus myth now? Majority has been blue /purples. 19/20 of the runs have been SS. I feel I should have seen a decent amount of oranges at least

garath

If I didn't have poor luck in this game I wouldn't have any at all. Combined for another SS. Wonderful desert gnoll lol. Probably time to combine for another SSS

Uthred

Damn, farmed a few heroic raids, got two pairs of SS boots, one Dex, one Str, got them mixed up and ended up maxing out the Str one for my rogue, using the Dex one as enhance material for the last rank. So dumb.

Kalavaras

Banned
By the way does your mains class have any effect on combining? I'm playing a priest and I've yet to see any priest combines at all. I'd like to go for the magnify build but I'd lack a lot of healing by doing that.

Cybolt

By the way does your mains class have any effect on combining? I'm playing a priest and I've yet to see any priest combines at all. I'd like to go for the magnify build but I'd lack a lot of healing by doing that.

I think it's completely random. I have a priest main and I've seen Ranran (S) and Viri (SS) from my combines and summons.

Einbroch

Banned
Goddamn. My first SSS and it's Karang ;_; Oh well I'm all outta combine stuff for a while so might just add it to the team.
I like Karang for PVE. PVP he's kinda a dud, but his AoE is strong and on a short CD.
I think people underestimate the damage of DW Warrior.

Whizkid7

I'm in happy mode this morning!

Slow as I am, I finally cleared Normal, used the rubies for summons, pulled an SS healer, got the rubies for that from the event, which gave me enough to max out my other SS (Stupid Desert Gnoll, gah!) so that I could combine for my 2nd SSS aaaaaannnnddddd...

DARK PRIEST PORIN! THANK YOU RNGSEUS FOR THIS BLESSING!

Now I have a solid healer and can focus on upgrading my current team! HOORAY!

garath

Slow as I am, I finally cleared Normal, used the rubies for summons, pulled an SS healer, got the rubies for that from the event, which gave me enough to max out my other SS (Stupid Desert Gnoll, gah!) so that I could combine for my 2nd SSS aaaaaannnnddddd...

Nice!!!

Good deal. :)

Yaari

My SS was a Gnoll too. I actually like them as SS, easy to decide what to do with them, unlike actual good units. The plan is to get rid of all my SS eventually anyway. I don't intend on putting too much work into upgrading them. I like the combining aspect most in this game, so I'll try to get as many different SSS as I can.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I just made my second SSS and it was... Dark Swordsman Pagu. Not trash but not ideal. Frustrating to consistently pull lesser SS and SSS but such is life. :) Congrats on the Porin!

garath

Wow. I just pulled my first SS from premium summon. That is the first in alllllllllll those rubies. That rate is SO low.

Too bad it was a dupe hunter misty. At least it's combine material. Now to try and make another SSS.

edit: no SSS for me yet. Stubborn Gnoll for that last enhance. Out of B and Cs.

Whizkid7

Wow. I just pulled my first SS from premium summon. That is the first in alllllllllll those rubies. That rate is SO low.

Too bad it was a dupe hunter misty. At least it's combine material. Now to try and make another SSS.

edit: no SSS for me yet. Stubborn Gnoll for that last enhance. Out of B and Cs.

I've pulled higher than S I think....four times. My second pull in the entire game was a SSS (Dark Archer Pitch) - I remember that being kind of mind-blowing. Sure made the beginning of the game easy.

JigsawX

Congrats, great healer!

Sciel

Got 5/6 Blazing Set now....just missing the staff.

You know whats the funny thing?

The stats mostly go like this...

STAMINA ... YES!
HP... YES !!

DEX.....WUT..

Its like the game wants me to make a rogue .__.;

JigsawX

Got 5/6 Blazing Set now....just missing the staff.

You know whats the funny thing?

The stats mostly go like this...

STAMINA ... YES!
HP... YES !!

DEX.....WUT..

Its like the game wants me to make a rogue .__.;

you make me so jelly. 100+ runs now. only 5 SSS Sightings. 3 Bows, 1 Quiver, can't remember the 5th one.

garath

I guess I should really finish out myth and start grinding for these sets as well lol. I'm just getting smoked by AE archers or shamans on certain stages.

Yaari

Ever since I started this game my battery has been pure shit or this game drains it like mad. It takes like a full day to charge my iPhone when the game is running at the same time. It's insane.

garath

Ever since I started this game my battery has been pure shit or this game drains it like mad. It takes like a full day to charge my iPhone when the game is running at the same time. It's insane.

I have a droid MAXX. It's claim to fame is 48 hours of battery life. And I would legitimately get 48 hours out of the battery. I would only charge it every other day. Until I started playing this game. Now I'm lucky if I can make it to the evening without charging. I have to charge every night, sometimes spot charge during the day too.

Battery gets REAL hot on top of it. Almost wish I just had a dummy device specifically for battery killing games like this. It's not a replaceable battery and heat kills.

Miragith

Combined for Brightspark last night!

HmOTVlh.png

commish

At what point do I stop trying to turn Ss into SSs/SSSs and instead use my Ss to rank up my SSS? I don't have any uber SSS yet, but considering how hard it is to make one, I figure I should just stick with what I get for a while.

Einbroch

Banned
At what point do I stop trying to turn Ss into SSs/SSSs and instead use my Ss to rank up my SSS? I don't have any uber SSS yet, but considering how hard it is to make one, I figure I should just stick with what I get for a while.

When you hit a wall/feel your progress slow.

Upgrading gear/allies is infinitely more useful than rolling for new allies. I know it's fun to roll for new allies, but getting to the next "tier" (or whatever goal you want to use) is satisfying as well.

I rolled a B-tier SSS and now am just pumping up my units. I'm gonna MAX+4 Viri, because rolling some SS's into an SSS and hoping for two of the better healers isn't worth it.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Upgrading gear/allies is infinitely more useful than rolling for new allies. I know it's fun to roll for new allies, but getting to the next "tier" (or whatever goal you want to use) is satisfying as well.

I rolled a B-tier SSS and now am just pumping up my units. I'm gonna MAX+4 Viri, because rolling some SS's into an SSS and hoping for two of the better healers isn't worth it.

I beat myth with a MAX Viri. No real need to get an SSS healer at the moment.

So I got my first 55 SSS weapon drop and it has pretty much perfect rolls.... But it is a dagger :(
Crit rate, Crit damage, defense pen, max atk
This stings because I only have toori and percy who can use it.

JigsawX

I beat myth with a MAX Viri. No real need to get an SSS healer at the moment.

So I got my first 55 SSS weapon drop and it has pretty much perfect rolls.... But it is a dagger :(
Crit rate, Crit damage, defense pen, max atk
This stings because I only have toori and percy who can use it.

Time to level a rogue (we should all level rogues)

JigsawX

re: accessories, do they stack? Say I have two that grant 10% xp each, I'd get 20?

They should

On a side note

After 118 runs of Myth Deus finally got a 2nd SSS and that's viable for me.
Got the caster offhand. Happy that I got it! Wish it rolled a bit nicer though

-Boss additional Damage -177.5
Add Fire Damage - 100.4
Add Arcane Damage - 100.4
Additional Random Damage - 216.1

Unless these are good rolls? I image you want +attack / HP / Stam / main stat / Crit etc though

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
They should

On a side note

After 118 runs of Myth Deus finally got a 2nd SSS and that's viable for me.
Got the caster offhand. Happy that I got it! Wish it rolled a bit nicer though

-Boss additional Damage -177.5
Add Fire Damage - 100.4
Add Arcane Damage - 100.4
Additional Random Damage - 216.1

Unless these are good rolls? I image you want +attack / HP / Stam / main stat / Crit etc though

For caster offhands I usually look for STA, hp, +atk, crit rate, crit dmg, int. (In that order)

But in reality I would take any roll of SSS weapons to get the set bonus and the higher base stats.

commish

Makes sense. I get too fixated on getting the SSS even when I can clear the content without the ubers.

re: accessories, do they stack? Say I have two that grant 10% xp each, I'd get 20?

Yup they do. I run with +60% xp gain atm.

JigsawX

For caster offhands I usually look for STA, hp, +atk, crit rate, crit dmg, int. (In that order)

But in reality I would take any roll of SSS weapons to get the set bonus and the higher base stats.

Just need that staff now, Wish my set pieces had rolled better though, They all sort of rolled kind of meh

Yaari

I've been doing Storm Tyrant on Legend for like 15 runs and I keep seeing awesome items pop up, and I'd pick the wrong slot. It's so annoying, haha. Oh well, I'm sure 15 runs is nothing compared to what some of you have done, but I just wish I'd pick a better slot for once.

Edit: Complaining helps! 2 SSS items now.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I've been doing Storm Tyrant on Legend for like 15 runs and I keep seeing awesome items pop up, and I'd pick the wrong slot. It's so annoying, haha. Oh well, I'm sure 15 runs is nothing compared to what some of you have done, but I just wish I'd pick a better slot for once.

Edit: Complaining helps! 2 SSS items now.

This is why I stopped picking slots. I get a lot less "buyers remorse" when I let the game pick for me.

Cybolt

Ah I just stick to one slot the entire time. Rarely does someone pick before me so I go I guess it wasn't meant for me!

I can see the strategy in doing that but I'll stick with all random for now. (At least until I see a whole bunch of sss fly by)

goober

Alright, I need some tips. Currently stuck on Legendary Gram. Level 53 Warrior with the Shield Strike Ultimate.
Here's my team:

SS Breath Max
SSS Ackard
S RanRan Max+2
SS Robellia

Also have SS Tiehr and SS King available.

I get Gram to less than half health with an ally but I still die. I blow through Revive and HP scrolls.

Sciel

Alright, I need some tips. Currently stuck on Legendary Gram. Level 53 Warrior with the Shield Strike Ultimate.
Here's my team:

SS Breath Max
SSS Ackard
S RanRan Max+2
SS Robellia

Also have SS Tiehr and SS King available.

I get Gram to less than half health with an ally but I still die. I blow through Revive and HP scrolls.
Really depends what you are dying to. If you get pass all 3 waves, I don't see why you aren't able to beat Legend Gram.

Tempted to get the extra raid chest. Anyone have any experience on how much it helps, if at all?

50% of the time, it shows some shitty purple (S) gear.

45% of the time, it shows a yellow (SS) gear.

5% of the time, it shows a red (SSS) gear.

That's been my experience from observing the stupid ruby box.

I get to the third wave and my ally is gone. Then my team gets wiped.

They just doubled the duration for your support summon.

I don't know how long this will last but it just kicked in at midnight (Pacific Time).

JigsawX

Well my average seems to be getting better for SSS from myth Deus, just got the Archer off hand. Now that I have the bow / arrows, wish I had windlune to give them too

Top Bottom