• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

I seriously need an AOE healer of SS or SSS rarity. Can't make much progress on Myth dungeons. =/

Blew through ~300 rubies and didn't get a single SS unit.

Ventara

Did Arena today and made it into the top 10%. I can live with that

If you're in the 8th or 9th percentile, you might want to keep an eye on it, as you might get knocked off the top 10%. It's happened to me and a few others.

I seriously need an AOE healer of SS or SSS rarity. Can't make much progress on Myth dungeons. =/

Dude, I've gone through around 1500 and haven't gotten an SS or SSS. It's best to treat Premium Summons as A fodder, with the occasional S unit.

garath

Rubies are really only good for combine fodder. I've used thousands and only pulled one SS unit. Just keep that mentality and you won't get too disappointed :)

Dude, I've gone through around 1500 and haven't gotten an SS or SSS. It's best to treat Premium Summons as A fodder, with the occasional S unit.

I do treat premium summons as fodder. Doesn't change how much BS it actually is.

That and Deathcrown raid seriously needs to drop more red armor so that I can equip them on what few SS units I have. In fact, deathcrown raid should stop with the blue equipment bullshit.

Even with the 100% premium raid drop bonus, getting an SS on deathcrown meant everyone in the raid party getting bullshit blue equipment.

JigsawX

I do treat premium summons as fodder. Doesn't change how much BS it actually is.

That and Deathcrown raid seriously needs to drop more red armor so that I can equip them on what few SS units I have. In fact, deathcrown raid should stop with the blue equipment bullshit.

Even with the 100% premium raid drop bonus, getting an SS on deathcrown meant everyone in the raid party getting bullshit blue equipment.

Yea the feeling of not getting a SS from the premium summon is rough but that does slightly change in Season 2. To be fair though they do offer a lot of free gems consistently which if you compare to other gacha games sort of does balance it out.

Yea the feeling of not getting a SS from the premium summon is rough but that does slightly change in Season 2. To be fair though they do offer a lot of free gems consistently which if you compare to other gacha games sort of does balance it out.

The free gems handout thing doesn't seem worthwhile if you can't get to within top 1% of most of the events.

This is one of those things where the lucky or early adopters pretty much monopolize.

Tune in LIVE, this Friday on Twitch.TV as we dive into detail about the latest Dragon Blaze Update!

http://www.twitch.tv/gamevil_usa

Also don't forget we're still running our 5,000 Twitch follower milestone event! Help us reach 5,000 followers and receive an exclusive reward!

http://bit.ly/Twitch5000Event

from facebook, heres hoping to more shoes, gotta level my rogue up to 50+ (at 40 now)
Hope i get the legend buster armor soon (i've got the other 5 parts for my warrior)

new allies look nice too

2OBTyBF.png

Going by its original Korean, shouldn't the text say "She"? Pretty much all of the elves are female going by their design and description.

sensui-tomo

Going by its original Korean, shouldn't the text say "She"? Pretty much all of the elves are female going by their design and description.

They'll probably fix the wording, unless there is some other story going on (which is a can of worms i'd want this thread to avoid if possible... it derails threads)

Ventara

I'd like to know what they think of the breast plate, unless the only male elf has to deal with breast armor. Is it me or does the character have no arms?

Breast plate just refers to an armor that covers the torso; doesn't have anything to do with gender. Also, she has her arms crossed over her stomach.

Sciel

Guildie just got a 34% Def Card. Imagine that on Gram...hah.

Also managed to push my Brightspark to MAX+2 with my final 2 trash SSS. She absolutely annihilates everything with her AoE spam. Only problem is that she is so horribly squishy,

Saprol

Yay, I got Mercedes from my first SSS combine. I can probably do the daily dungeon more reliably now on Hero. I dunno who to drop from the party though.

DPS: Black Snow, Urk+6, Roq, Otehr
Tank: Vurch
Single Heal: Murit

aranth

Hmm. Do I have to complete my month before I get to the guaranteed SS because mine only says I get an S ally

Login bonus will be changed on 07/01, says so on the patch notes. Our dreams crushed like an old car in a junkyard.

What would be a better use of rubies, pull to combine 2 useless SS units or go for another SS?. I just got 2-3 A, one S and tons of C units left so the latter should be quite cheaper.

Yaari

^^ Argh. I was really looking forward to a free SS :(.

Thanks Cybolt! I can't wait to give it some tries with your Priest.

Edit: Down on first try with that insane Priest. Wow. Took me a long time but hey, it's the result that counts right?

Sciel

Got to 0.9% in Labyrinth now with a score of 359k (Wave 30). I'll probably drop end up dropping out of the top 1% though.

The Karang at Wave 30 is frigging ridiculous. One single AoE and 4/5 of my team is dead. This is with 3 MAX+2 SSS and 1 MAX SSS + Full Blazing Mystic Gear.

Yaari

My month will end on exactly 07/01. I wonder how that is going to work.

Edit: Could I not play a day? Then collect the SS reward the day after? It's a daily login reward after all. Should work right? Ah nvm. Login bonuses are reset on each month. Oh well.

garath

Yep. As predicted I fell to 6% in arena. So close. Oh well.

Having trouble with the golem again, not even getting the score I did last week. Not a great day lol.

edit: Daily dungeon is pretty tough on Myth :/ Haven't made it through yet.

garath

Is there any point in doing the daily dungeon on lower difficulties?

Very little it seems. Legendary is dropping items in the high 40s. Unless there's skill cards to be had, better off just raiding Myth.

edit: I see Einbroch's post. I didn't see a single skill card in 5 tries :/

JigsawX

Got to 0.9% in Labyrinth now with a score of 359k (Wave 30). I'll probably drop end up dropping out of the top 1% though.

The Karang at Wave 30 is frigging ridiculous. One single AoE and 4/5 of my team is dead. This is with 3 MAX+2 SSS and 1 MAX SSS + Full Blazing Mystic Gear.

I am jelly of your team!

Whizkid7

Very little it seems. Legendary is dropping items in the high 40s. Unless there's skill cards to be had, better off just raiding Myth.

I've seen skill cards as prizes on Hero too, but nothing higher than blue rank. Obviously the best stuff is gonna be Legend/Myth.

Yaari

Wow, easily getting 300k+ per stage in Myth. Makes such a big difference when trying to level up.

I think I'll make a new character when I hit 55. Farming stages when not getting exp will be boring so I'll make something new. I don't know what yet though.

I just downloaded this and it seems pretty fun although I have zero clue as to what I'm doing. It's a little too fast paced and cluttered compared to what I'm used to.

Any general tips for a newbie? The tutorial seemed a little lacking imo.

Is there a Gaf guild yet? I'd like to find some friends; my alias is Inbachi.

JigsawX

Wow, easily getting 300k+ per stage in Myth. Makes such a big difference when trying to level up.

I think I'll make a new character when I hit 55. Farming stages when not getting exp will be boring so I'll make something new. I don't know what yet though.

I would say farming for cards in Myth daily dungeon would be a good use of shoes also

Ventara

Damn, I can't beat the Daily Dungeon on Legend. Looks like I'll have to settle for Hero. And the skill card drops are so few.

Edit: Oh wait, it's the worm dragon today. I was fighting the Komodo dragon last night. Maybe I can win against this one.

Edit 2: Beat it, but had to pay attention, so I'll stick to Hero since I don't have to keep looking.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah I've received a handful of skill cards from legend (I can't beat myth daily). Most of them are stuff like +15% stam, dex, etc.

Same. Though I did read that some people use the S rank ranran up through finishing Myth. Now you can really enhance cards so much.

Whizkid7

Sidenote, noticed there was an open spot in the GAF guild, so I requested to join. Does it go by account name or character name?

JigsawX

Depends on what your aiming for in Arena (also what kind of squad you have) For me I just like to keep hitting challenge to rack up those extra bonus's on top of the win streaks. I find doing it early to be risky (with the way I do it) since more likely to run into those heavy power teams that are racing for the top.

Score average for the week - 4k points 97/100 wins. So far always within the 2-5% range. I do my daily arenas and generally burn Fri-Sat early morning to save up for the weekend 12pm raid increases. Than I burn on monday depending on what my rank is.

KimChi

^^ Argh. I was really looking forward to a free SS :(.

Thanks Cybolt! I can't wait to give it some tries with your Priest.

Edit: Down on first try with that insane Priest. Wow. Took me a long time but hey, it's the result that counts right?

you know what I just realized I swapped out all my good equipment on priest to rogue when I was leveling it up, completely forgot until I checked my priest stats today >.> my bad for that, bet my priest wasnt that helpful sorry about that.

I guess I'm just lucky in arena? I got in top 5% easily again this week. I always find some level 50 people using a majority of S in their party. Getting into top 1% would be another issue since around 2-3% is when I see the full SSS parties with enhances.

Myth daily dungeon is impossible for me atm so I've done some runs in Legend. I actually got a SSS sword as a reward so it looks like there is another set to grind for in legend and myth if you plan to do daily dungeon a lot.

Also looks like there is a cap on being able to start with vigor/focus/rage. I have 3 accessories totaling up to about 120% max vigor but it doesn't always start me off with vigor on rogue.

garath

My first skill card from Legend daily is an A rank resist element card :/ Pretty crappy. Only increases elemental resist by 9

RS4-

Well fuck, decided to level up some equipment, had three nice rogue daggers, used 'em. Few mins later I combine and get SSS Freyd.

At least it wasn't Gnoll or whatever.

Top Bottom