• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

aranth

shabelleqdqib.png

Thank you Ranran, but your services are no longer required.

aranth

Congrats though you should hold on to Ranran as a backup.

I got Shabelle pretty early in, but one of the main things that got me through Myth was double healer groups.

Yup, guess I'll bench Captain Turq for a while and run with Shabelle and Ranran (she's max+2 and with some really good gear). The double aoe/revive should come handy for the world of hurt that myth is.

Sciel

shabelleqdqib.png

Thank you Ranran, but your services are no longer required.
Congrats ! Was this from a combine?

Just trued the new Hydra Boss, got a score of 200k with 4 DPS + 1 Heals. Hopefully enough to keep me within top 5% or so.

PS: Percy is so baaaaaaad. I think i'll rebirth him once gamevil adds more units.

sensui-tomo

Just trued the new Hydra Boss, got a score of 200k with 4 DPS + 1 Heals. Hopefully enough to keep me within top 5% or so.

PS: Percy is so baaaaaaad. I think i'll rebirth him once gamevil adds more units.

Hydra is out in another region already? huh maybe regions have different dates for stuff, USA is tomorrow.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

How did you fight Hydra? It is closed for me.

Ventara

Wow! Congrats aranth. That's an amazing unit!

Last weekly ranking, i was at 7.5% with 2715 points.

Oops! Sorry; meant in the Labyrinth.

200K? Damn, that's a lot. I only have SS units, but I'll try a similar setup and see how it goes. Would be great to get into the top 10%.

Uthred

I recently had this problem - had a "high tier" SS and got a "low tier" SSS. Skills aside (which matter for healers/tanks), the SSS is going to trounce the SS in stats. Before I fused him away, my SS DPS warrior had 1000 less attack than my SSS DPS warrior, and the SSS was only +2 and the SS was max.

I'd a feeling that might be the case, good to know for sure.

Shiraitsuki

Neo Member
Wow! Congrats aranth. That's an amazing unit!

Oops! Sorry; meant in the Labyrinth.

200K? Damn, that's a lot. I only have SS units, but I'll try a similar setup and see how it goes. Would be great to get into the top 10%.

If it's for the Labyrinth, i don't really know. But if it can help you, i'm currently at 13.5% with 85745 points.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
350k isn't enough to get me to the top 1% in lab anymore. I might have to use some scrolls to push another wave or 2.

KimChi

What % are you in the rankings, and what round is that?

157k points in labyrinth is my highest atm, currently at 5.23% lol just a bit more to beat top 5% but I expect ill get pushed back a bit later in the day. I think it was round 23-24 for me.

edit:im dumb I thought the number next to the monster was the round I was on lol. highest i've been is round 24.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
How do you guys get so far?! I think 150 or something is my highest.

If I enter the 2 ticket version I autobattle up to 220k without helpers (wave 28)
If I enter the 4 ticket version I autobattle up to 350k without helpers (wave 28)

The biggest difference is making it past wave 25 and being able to enter the 4 ticket version. It boosts the score and saves some time.

sensui-tomo

Made it to round 24 in the labyrinth. Why oh why couldn't I have squeeked out one more. Lol.

you actually have to beat 25 in order for it to count -.-" i learned that the hard way. oddly enough i did a room 25 run once, got at the least 80k plus more points starting there then i did when i made it to floor 27(from the room 1 run)

Shouta

I just realized that I can save myself the battery power by playing the game on Android emulator on my PC, lol. Works totally fine and thanks to the account system, I can swap between it and my phone on the go.

Perfect for grind sessions to get units mastered.

On that note, I got up to 330 and di a bunch of pulls, got a bunch of S and A units. Definitely working towards making my first SSS unit.

sensui-tomo

I just realized that I can save myself the battery power by playing the game on Android emulator on my PC, lol. Works totally fine and thanks to the account system, I can swap between it and my phone on the go.

On that note, I got up to 330 and di a bunch of pulls, got a bunch of S and A units. Definitely working towards making my first SSS unit.

I would have recommended that to everyone, just didnt know the emulator was or wasnt up for discussion (not sure of legality of those things, since its a weird topic)(Bluestacks right?) The thing runs like wonders on my computer vs my G3 vigor. got about 100 shoes due to some pit-pac boxes or whatever plus the recent 20 added, definitely making it to myth with my rogue, just gotta level him up though, then my luck should change from warrior to rogue (besides rngeesus)

garath

Which one do you use? My poor phone suffers hard. Game eats through battery like candy.

I see the popular ones are Andy and Bluestacks?

Shouta

I'm pretty sure Google has an official emulator for devs to test out software on their platform, lol.

I'm using BlueStacks right now. I just use my dummy google account for this game so I don't mind inserting info into it.

draw4wild

I think I'm quitting this game, i like it but I feel all my time is being wasted with the rng of the combines. I was giving it one more chance and would have been happy with about 18 out of the 34 SSS allies but I got a dupe. It took me two weeks to get the fodder for this guy since I don't get the 5% rewards anymore. My 6 SSS combines were:
Dark Gnoll
Dark Priest Porin (good)
Magician Mer
Captain Freya
Healer Konfi
Dark Gnoll

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think I'm quitting this game, i like it but I feel all my time is being wasted with the rng of the combines. I was giving it one more chance and would have been happy with about 18 out of the 34 SSS allies but I got a dupe. It took me two weeks to get the fodder for this guy since I don't get the 5% rewards anymore. My 6 SSS combines were:
Dark Gnoll
Dark Priest Porin (good)
Magician Mer
Captain Freya
Healer Konfi
Dark Gnoll

It can definitely be depressing. I'm with you there. I'd take your Porin over the 4 SSS's I've made so far, though :)

KimChi

Oh so bluestacks is pretty reliable now? I tried it out a long time ago and it wasn't really able to do anything unless that was just my labtop at the time, might give it a try.

I would have recommended that to everyone, just didnt know the emulator was or wasnt up for discussion (not sure of legality of those things, since its a weird topic)(Bluestacks right?) The thing runs like wonders on my computer vs my G3 vigor. got about 100 shoes due to some pit-pac boxes or whatever plus the recent 20 added, definitely making it to myth with my rogue, just gotta level him up though, then my luck should change from warrior to rogue (besides rngeesus)
For dragon blaze specifically a community manager on gamevil forum said it was fine as long as you aren't running a modified apk. Unless you meant discussing it on here then nvm xP
http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?245370-Official-stance-on-bluestacks

sensui-tomo

Oh so bluestacks is pretty reliable now? I tried it out a long time ago and it wasn't really able to do anything unless that was just my labtop at the time, might give it a try.

For dragon blaze specifically a community manager on gamevil forum said it was fine as long as you aren't running a modified apk. Unless you meant discussing it on here then nvm xP
http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?245370-Official-stance-on-bluestacks

yeah, emu's are a weird thing, since i've never heard of anyone talk of bluestacks outside of reddit (only use it for the dragonblaze sub reddit) might completely switch over to the pc, that way my phone doesnt heat up crazy hot all the time. 9 i had an alt account on there for the hopes of getting a good draw... it was meh)

Shouta

It's reliable though doesn't run as smooth on your phones because the emulation isn't perfected yet, I think. It works fine for grinding though and doesn't kill your battery, lol

Chaos17

I'm playing daily with Blue Stack with Dragon Blaze and I'm having a good experience.
No crash, no freeze.

JigsawX

If I enter the 2 ticket version I autobattle up to 220k without helpers (wave 28)
If I enter the 4 ticket version I autobattle up to 350k without helpers (wave 28)

The biggest difference is making it past wave 25 and being able to enter the 4 ticket version. It boosts the score and saves some time.

Ugh I just checked also and I got edged out of the 1%|

Oh what's your opinion for this boss squad

Currently been using my rogue character with Black Snow, Death Crown, High Command Patta and Dark Marble Pearla. I've been subbing in Dark Assassin Percy as my helper.
I currently have 2 SSS warrior weapons from the myth daily dungeon. I have a Punisher Rar that I can level up and put them on + the bonus boss damage card. Should I sub him in for High Command Patta even though he's max?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
man I can make my second SSS but I'd have to use my sorceror murit(Priest)

I have an A rank priest nian as back up but still, idk

Not worth it. Healers are too important to rely on only one A unit. If you had Ranran... maybe. But otherwise, I'd keep Murit.

arevin01

I finally got a SS Healer called Dark Breath but the problem is the heal skill is only single target. Should I invest in leveling this guy up or stick to my S healer that can heal all?

KimChi

It's reliable though doesn't run as smooth on your phones because the emulation isn't perfected yet, I think. It works fine for grinding though and doesn't kill your battery, lol
Oh thats good to hear. I tried running this game on my phone and it heated up like crazy, thankfully have a tablet to play mobile games.
I'm playing daily with Blue Stack with Dragon Blaze and I'm having a good experience.
No crash, no freeze.
good to know, ill at least try it out once since im fine with playing this on my tablet atm. Didn't know it was actually getting improved on from the last time I tried it.
yeah, emu's are a weird thing, since i've never heard of anyone talk of bluestacks outside of reddit (only use it for the dragonblaze sub reddit) might completely switch over to the pc, that way my phone doesnt heat up crazy hot all the time. 9 i had an alt account on there for the hopes of getting a good draw... it was meh)
Yea I hear ya, I only even knew about bluestacks cause I wanted to try and have it run brave frontier on my old crap labtop quite awhile ago. Only time I've ever seen mention of bluestacks were in the forums of other android games i've glanced at sometime. Great alternative especially since I don't enjoy playing mobile games on a phone cause of the tiny screen added to the fact my phone will get crazy hot running any game no matter lol.

Sciel

How did you fight Hydra? It is closed for me.

I play in Asia region so yeah it does open up a bit earlier for us. My score only puts me at 2% atm (Although only 10k entries so far). Cant seem to push any higher sadly.

I finally got a SS Healer called Dark Breath but the problem is the heal skill is only single target. Should I invest in leveling this guy up or stick to my S healer that can heal all?
Dark Breath is pretty good tbh. You should keep him and use with Ranran when needed (AoE heavy stages etc).

man I can make my second SSS but I'd have to use my sorceror murit(Priest)

I have an A rank priest nian as back up but still, idk
What mode are you in now? Is Murit part of your team ATM? Personally, i wouldn't do it if he's in my active team.

Ugh I just checked also and I got edged out of the 1%|

Oh what's your opinion for this boss squad

Currently been using my rogue character with Black Snow, Death Crown, High Command Patta and Dark Marble Pearla. I've been subbing in Dark Assassin Percy as my helper.
I currently have 2 SSS warrior weapons from the myth daily dungeon. I have a Punisher Rar that I can level up and put them on + the bonus boss damage card. Should I sub him in for High Command Patta even though he's max?
IMO AoE is king for this WB since you are hitting multiple head at the same time to wrack up points. At the same time, you also need good single target DPS. You don't need a tank so i would sub out Patta. Who is your team's healer btw.

I would prob sub in Rar (i've never seen him in action though) because he has that extra 27% boss damage passive.

KimChi

How important are tanks? Havent managed to get anything better than an A one so far

Pretty important, a tank without taunt is kinda useless though. In myth the regular monsters will easily do 10k+ damage and crits will do 16-18k from what i've seen at obsidian mountain anyways so unless your allies are really geared up expect 1hko or instant party wipe in Myth. Kinda annoying tbh if your ally combines on the way through legend and myth dont grant you a decent tank :/

ZoronMaro

Hey I'm part of the guild now, I feel special. Thanks guys.

As an aside, are there any statistics on the rates for summons? I've been keeping track of my own cause I obsess over statistics, but surely someone else has already crunched some numbers right?

niosh

Banned
Pretty important, a tank without taunt is kinda useless though. In myth the regular monsters will easily do 10k+ damage and crits will do 16-18k from what i've seen at obsidian mountain anyways so unless your allies are really geared up expect 1hko or instant party wipe in Myth. Kinda annoying tbh if your ally combines on the way through legend and myth dont grant you a decent tank :/

Tanks without taunt are fine. I made it to Myth Fortress with SS Ger. As someone said earlier, party members in front soak up most of the damage. High DEF and HP contributes to how far up front a party member stands. As long as you gear your tank decently they'll do fine.

2 of the top 3 tanks in game don't even have taunt (SSS Gram & SSS Patta).

aranth

Thanks for the reminder, dragon blaze was eating my battery at work. Now I can alt tab between Bluestacks and my boring Excel spreadsheets on my laptop and pretend to be working. I'm using my main google account though, not sure if that was a good idea.

Shiraitsuki

Neo Member
Yea I hear ya, I only even knew about bluestacks cause I wanted to try and have it run brave frontier on my old crap labtop quite awhile ago. Only time I've ever seen mention of bluestacks were in the forums of other android games i've glanced at sometime. Great alternative especially since I don't enjoy playing mobile games on a phone cause of the tiny screen added to the fact my phone will get crazy hot running any game no matter lol.

At first, I was also using bluestack because my phone couldn't run dragon blaze (xperia x10 here) at all.
But you need to either subscribe or download daily sponsorised apps to continue use it.
So i went elsewhere, i found out you can run android apps on chrome ARC Welder.
No freeze and crash on my desktop but it lags really hard on my laptop.

Yaari

Was making new SS fodder for a SSS but then Priest Viri came out. I guess she might come in useful for now. Porin together with Viri, and I seem to be having a 6% def party buff too. So I'll probably hold her until I get a second high tier SSS priest.

Should reach level 55 soon too. Doesn't seem to be taking that long with the combined 36% exp bonus from rings, and then the event that seems to be going on. I get like 450-500k exp per dungeon.

Top Bottom