• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Ventara

Combined for my 5th SS and got Dark Arrow Tarq. :|

Well, she and Archer Uk will make my first SSS once I have a few more SS units.

Ventara

I just passed to heroic and I'm trying to do the first raid but I'm having a lot of failures :\

Ignore the first raid and come back to it later. A lot of people have a hard time on that, which is why it's recommended to push through to the Storm Tyrant to do your raids.

JigsawX

This game loves throwing dupe items
Mythical SSS
Up to 4 bows, 3 quivers, 3 staffs, Dagger, Sword, orb are at 1. Shield - 0

RedSwirl

Jesus that UI. It's awful.

That's what I don't like about a lot of these Asian mobile games.

The art tends to look great, but that UI just screams "we designed this game solely to elicit base dopamine responses in the brain and encourage people to keep spending money." They at least gotta be a little more subtle about that crap. Crossy Road's F2P systems only become apparent once you actually start playing the game and getting deep into it. This right here looks like a slot machine the moment you glance at it.

Yaari

I think this Legend Gram is just not possible for me at level 51. He's 60 and I die on every floor. Probably better to stop trying. I don't even get close.

garath

I think this Legend Gram is just not possible for me at level 51. He's 60 and I die on every floor. Probably better to stop trying. I don't even get close.

I didn't end up beating him till 52 myself and with a full team of max SS (with one S tank +2 max). Not even sure how people did it at 50.

Yaari

Another shit tier one, SSS Captain Freya, lol.
That's 2 in a row. And no SS's left so my next one is going to take a very long time.
Might be easier to do a Rebirth for my next one instead.

inthrall

What level did everyone here beat Gram on heroic? I'm still struggling at 44 to get through the waves beforehand, and can't make any progress on Gram himself without a Priest friend

I didn't end up beating him till 52 myself and with a full team of max SS (with one S tank +2 max). Not even sure how people did it at 50.

I did it on my 50 rogue with an S tank +2 max and S healer +2 max, by spamming revive and heal scrolls out of all my slots, saving my dancing for new waves, and specifically bringing a magnify ult priest helper with this weekend's +100% helper time buff. Don't think I could have done it without that buff.

sensui-tomo

Another shit tier one, SSS Captain Freya, lol.
That's 2 in a row. And no SS's left so my next one is going to take a very long time.
Might be easier to do a Rebirth for my next one instead.

Captain freya turns into Dark Gnoll, other SSS turns into Captain Freya, this can happen.

Yaari

Captain freya turns into Dark Gnoll, other SSS turns into Captain Freya, this can happen.

Lol, yeah. I can see that happening.

I didn't know you need fodder for limit breaking. So I'll keep them for now. Maybe they can come in useful someday.

Hopefully the next one is good again.

sensui-tomo

Lol, yeah. I can see that happening.

I didn't know you need fodder for limit breaking. So I'll keep them for now. Maybe they can come in useful someday.

Hopefully the next one is good again.

my SSSs have been hit or miss, just going to keep making SSSs until i get a clone, while sorta raising my team up (my priest SS is at max so its now the SSS queen Cabera's turn to be raised to max (gonna take forever)

Yaari

my SSSs have been hit or miss, just going to keep making SSSs until i get a clone, while sorta raising my team up (my priest SS is at max so its now the SSS queen Cabera's turn to be raised to max (gonna take forever)

Yeah I don't think I have the right to complain, I got Porin and then Captain Turq. A priest and a mage. Considering how high in demand Priest are, I should consider myself lucky.

Ranger Kay and Freya are my only bad ones.

Oh well, using my S efficiently, and I'll get that Belle Snow eventually. Hopefully. I wish we had that 1 SSS per month though. That would be nice.

goober

Finally hit 55. Haven't gotten any SSS drops from raids today from the event.

I want the complete buster set, but the people running with me are sub 50 and dying all the time.

sensui-tomo

just got lucky and pulled an SS from a pull, contemplating whether i should sac him for priest viri to be max+1 or use it for another SSS.

JigsawX

Just realized that this would have been a good week to aim for 1% of the arena since a lot of people were farming the raid drop bonus.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just downloaded this, seems cute but full of f2p trappings. Also the redeem code in the OP doesn't work :(

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Just downloaded this, seems cute but full of f2p trappings. Also the redeem code in the OP doesn't work :(

The only tedious thing is the advertisement pop-ups but it could be worst. Like the others said, this game is really generous with rubies income. You can get about 2 SSS with all the free rubies from the normal to the end of legend difficulty if you play daily for 3 weeks

Kalavaras

Banned
Im done whining for while now. Spent rest of my combine stuff and got the SSS pirate tank to replace my S tank. All I want now is another priest so I can specc to magnify. Gonna be heartbreaking to remove SS Uroq or SSS Karang though :(. Now my teams full of warriors except for my priest main.

Sciel

Im done whining for while now. Spent rest of my combine stuff and got the SSS pirate tank to replace my S tank. All I want now is another priest so I can specc to magnify. Gonna be heartbreaking to remove SS Uroq or SSS Karang though :(. Now my teams full of warriors except for my priest main.
Grats on Byron !
Full warriors isn't bad for PvE content. Its actually pretty good since warriors tend to not be squishy.

Yaari

Well, in the end I didn't manage to beat Legend Gram. It will take a while to reach the point where I can do it without that awesome Ally buff that ran this weekend.

Apparently I'm the #1 exp contributor in the guild now. Not too happy with that, I had hoped we were a little more active. I don't even play that much. Lol. That was way too easy.

I wonder what I'll make next. I'm constantly getting my ass kicked by AoE mages in Arena. That ultimate AoE takes 50% health from my entire team. Might be worth getting my Mage some levels after Rogue hits 55. I'll need to go through my shoes for fodder so it is not like I can stop leveling.

Do Allies appear more often in Myth or is it just the rarity that has better odds?

vato_loco

I'm loving this game and taking it slow. I've played for a couple of weeks and have a lvl 21 Mage. I tried several times to get in a guild, but the game FCs when I'm scrolling down to find a guild that would accept such a low level character, so I'm kinda stuck there.

I've yet to obtain a single SS or SSS character, and I've used about 200 rubies but all I get are A and S characters, so that kinda sucks.

Still, the game is loads of fun! If anyone wants to add me to their guild, my character's name is Grieverer.

garath

Well, in the end I didn't manage to beat Legend Gram. It will take a while to reach the point where I can do it without that awesome Ally buff that ran this weekend.

Apparently I'm the #1 exp contributor in the guild now. Not too happy with that, I had hoped we were a little more active. I don't even play that much. Lol. That was way too easy.

I wonder what I'll make next. I'm constantly getting my ass kicked by AoE mages in Arena. That ultimate AoE takes 50% health from my entire team. Might be worth getting my Mage some levels after Rogue hits 55. I'll need to go through my shoes for fodder so it is not like I can stop leveling.

Do Allies appear more often in Myth or is it just the rarity that has better odds?

I wonder if you stop contributing guild xp when you stop gaining xp. I'm a little surprised that you would have climbed above me unless the guild xp contribution ceases when you hit max level. I haven't leveled an alt beyond 17.

It's either that or you just play a LOT lol.

aranth

I decided to spend some rubies and combine for a SSS, took me 600ish rubies and 250k gold to combine my old +3 SS Misty and a Veril (must be one of the worst SS units) for a Captain Turq. Pretty good combine if I may say so, and better than saving rubies for a future season 3 that could still be months away. I'm quite sure we won't get the guaranteed SSS unit rewards for daily log-ins or ruby pulls anyway like the korean version does.

Now to keep failing at Legendary Gram and his legions of pesky archers that wipe my group in a heartbeat.

garath

NeoGAF (case matters) is the guild. I've been purging people inactive for 3+ days daily and adding anyone in the wait list. We're slowly building a nice active list.

Just combined for a SS taunt tank - Swordsman Vurch. Whoa. Is it time to retire my S MAX+2 Mystery King? He's my last holdout, the only non-SSS or SS I have in my active party.

Einbroch

Banned
Guild battles seem really pointless unless you're in a top tier guild.

Having to match up with another guildie and then queue up to hopefully face another guild is really painful. Sometimes you have to sit in queue for 5+ minutes, and on a phone game, that doesn't work. The ruby payout is tiny and, unless you're a top 5% guild, you don't get another reward.

Yaari

I wonder if you stop contributing guild xp when you stop gaining xp. I'm a little surprised that you would have climbed above me unless the guild xp contribution ceases when you hit max level. I haven't leveled an alt beyond 17.

It's either that or you just play a LOT lol.

Well I do play frequent, but there's only a certain amount of playtime you get, with Shoes and all. I make sure to use Shoes whenever available, and I get 20 Shoes extra per day because of Facebook friends. I guess that's what has me catch up with people since most probably don't do that, haha.

vato_loco

NeoGAF (case matters) is the guild. I've been purging people inactive for 3+ days daily and adding anyone in the wait list. We're slowly building a nice active list.

Says "There is no room in this guild". Too bad, I'll have to keep looking for some guild to enter.

Whizkid7

I think this game likes me? Pulled another SS with rubies, Archer Uk. Guess I'm going for a third SSS! It'll probably be something terrible. Oh well.

Also, what is that Guild tab about anyway? I get the joining a guild part, but what else is there?

goober

Guild battles seem really pointless unless you're in a top tier guild.

Having to match up with another guildie and then queue up to hopefully face another guild is really painful. Sometimes you have to sit in queue for 5+ minutes, and on a phone game, that doesn't work. The ruby payout is tiny and, unless you're a top 5% guild, you don't get another reward.

But then there's no point to a guild other than guild battle. For now at least. Looks like there's a guild adventure coming.

StuffRuff

Just combined for a SS Captain Tirud. Should I replace my Mystery King +0 with it?

Currently stuck at stage 3 of Hero Fortress.

Rest of team is:

Charming Light Priest (me)
SS Sorcerer Murit Priest
SS Dark Knife Tirahl Rogue
SS Queen Robellia Mage
S Mystery King Tank vs SS Captain Tirud Tank

RNG has not been kind to me with this game...

Top Bottom