• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just combined for a SS Captain Tirud. Should I replace my Mystery King +0 with it?

Currently stuck at stage 3 of Hero Fortress.

Rest of team is:

Charming Light Priest (me)
SS Sorcerer Murit Priest
SS Dark Knife Tirahl Rogue
SS Queen Robellia Mage
S Mystery King Tank vs SS Captain Tirud Tank

RNG has not been kind to me with this game...

Yeah, Cap isn't the best, unfortunately. But makes good fodder for making your first SSS :) In general, though, an SS is going to be better than an S (and SSS over an SS) unless the SS has some uber skills. I have an SSS at +1 and he just trounces my SS at max (both DPS warriors).

StuffRuff

Yeah, Cap isn't the best, unfortunately. But makes good fodder for making your first SSS :) In general, though, an SS is going to be better than an S (and SSS over an SS) unless the SS has some uber skills. I have an SSS at +1 and he just trounces my SS at max (both DPS warriors).

Thanks commish.

I assume someones already made the Captain Turd joke already....

Nothing worse than a crap combine!

Ventara

Man, I've just had terrible luck enhancing my allies. I must've gone through 30 C trying to upgrade a unit with a 16% chance. Almost tempted to use another A to raise it to 24%.

Also, the grind to Lv 55 is real. I'm only at 51 and the 14 million experience points needed to 52 already feels like a ton.

garath

Man, I've just had terrible luck enhancing my allies. I must've gone through 30 C trying to upgrade a unit with a 16% chance. Almost tempted to use another A to raise it to 24%.

Also, the grind to Lv 55 is real. I'm only at 51 and the 14 million experience points needed to 52 already feels like a ton.

Yeah. Wait until 54 to 55. It's 50mil xp :(

KimChi

Well, in the end I didn't manage to beat Legend Gram. It will take a while to reach the point where I can do it without that awesome Ally buff that ran this weekend.

I wonder what I'll make next. I'm constantly getting my ass kicked by AoE mages in Arena. That ultimate AoE takes 50% health from my entire team. Might be worth getting my Mage some levels after Rogue hits 55. I'll need to go through my shoes for fodder so it is not like I can stop leveling.

Do Allies appear more often in Myth or is it just the rarity that has better odds?

sad to hear you didnt beat gram :( have you tried gearing up your allies with the storm tyrant equips? I got lucky with the equips from that set with Stam and Hp increase on most of the set for my rogue boosting me to 18k hp lol, the extra stam could be a big help unless you already got that for your main party.

I haven't seen any difference in the rate of allies appearing in Myth feels the same but from what I've seen I get B's more often instead of C's.

Yaari

I'm running;

2 Rogues
Priest
Mage
Tank

I wonder if 2 Rogues is too much. The entire team is rather squishy. Had no idea some tier items could be enhanced above +3. Lol. So I've been playing with everything on +3 for days. I guess I can get some advantages by getting all of those upgraded. Perhaps not enough to beat Gram, but anything helps.

sad to hear you didnt beat gram :( have you tried gearing up your allies with the storm tyrant equips? I got lucky with the equips from that set with Stam and Hp increase on most of the set for my rogue boosting me to 18k hp lol, the extra stam could be a big help unless you already got that for your main party.

I haven't seen any difference in the rate of allies appearing in Myth feels the same but from what I've seen I get B's more often instead of C's.

Yeah I'm running that now. I usually don't get the stats I want, but I guess eventually I'll take him down.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Had no idea some tier items could be enhanced above +3. Lol. So I've been playing with everything on +3 for days. I guess I can get some advantages by getting all of those upgraded. Perhaps not enough to beat Gram, but anything helps.

Item tiers work the same as ally tiers, except there's no limit breaking.

garath

I'm running;

2 Rogues
Priest
Mage
Tank

I wonder if 2 Rogues is too much. The entire team is rather squishy. Had no idea some tier items could be enhanced above +3. Lol. So I've been playing with everything on +3 for days. I guess I can get some advantages by getting all of those upgraded. Perhaps not enough to beat Gram, but anything helps.

Yeah I'm running that now. I usually don't get the stats I want, but I guess eventually I'll take him down.

Two healers. Must run two healers. I was level 52 and my party looked like:

MAX SS aoe healer
MAX S single target healer
MAX SS some dps (I think it was a rogue)
MAX+2 S tank
me - rogue

With the dual healers you can out sustain the dps. Get through those three waves on Gram and it's easy from there. I also spent some time upgrading everyone's equipment and I used a priest friend. Popped the friend when I got to gram. Used three slots of revive scrolls though in the end I think I only used one or two.

Cybolt

I'm running;

2 Rogues
Priest
Mage
Tank

2 rogues look fine. It looks like you have a good 5eam comp. If you're dying a lot though, maybe consider swapping out one for a 2nd healer. As for stats, getting everyone above 10k hp helped a lot. I beat Legend Gram around 53 but that was because my team was lacking dps and slow rolled it.

commish

Yeah. Wait until 54 to 55. It's 50mil xp :(

That's just brutal. They need to have more of the +50% exp bonuses. I was getting between 500 and 600k a fight. Without it, it's not even worth thinking about. So much.

garath

That's just brutal. They need to have more of the +50% exp bonuses. I was getting between 500 and 600k a fight. Without it, it's not even worth thinking about. So much.

Yeah. I took a break at 54, just worked a little on progression, building rapport on C and B ranks, raiding, leveling alt, etc. I didn't sit down and grind it until I was about 30mil in.

edit: Yeah. SS Swordsman Vurch is superior to S Mystery King MAX+2. I only have Vurch to +5 and he already has better base stats by a good margin. Still 2 more enhancement levels to go as well. Just need to get him geared up.

Sword Familiar

Arena is brutal in EU this week. I'm struggling to get under 10%. :/ Well, the difference in rewards aren't that huge, I guess. I already have the title. Just want the rubies/coins, really.

KimChi

-added skill cards
-new world boss "hydra"
-new daily dungeons
-new allies
-max enhance +5 (ultimate)
-changes to daily login:
day 14: A - SS -> premium summon
day 21: premium summon -> S summon
day 28: S summon -> SS summon

This is apparently the patch notes for the stuff we are getting after maintenance today. Saw it on reddit. Just how high are they going to raise max enhance lol.
http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/3aqeuv/patch_108_quick_summary/
Apparently skill cards are from daily dungeons and are supposed to be attached to your allies.

sensui-tomo

This is apparently the patch notes for the stuff we are getting after maintenance today. Saw it on reddit. Just how high are they going to raise max enhance lol.
Apparently skill cards are from daily dungeons and are supposed to be attached to your allies.

I wonder if the S -> SS summon will change automatically, would love an SS at the end of the week. Skill cards are going to change up tier lists i think, Gonna max out queen cabera's aoe Sheep attack (it does wonders in pvp stuff(mainly) and pve)

KimChi

I wonder if the S -> SS summon will change automatically, would love an SS at the end of the week. Skill cards are going to change up tier lists i think, Gonna max out queen cabera's aoe Sheep attack (it does wonders in pvp stuff(mainly) and pve)

The changes should take effect after maintenance so that would be nice for the login reward. Hmm not too sure skill cards could mess with tier lists too heavily unless they are actual additional skills. I'm guessing they will just be passives since even SSS ally have 2 blank passive spots.

Whizkid7

Now this sounds interesting. Wonder what kind of skills will be on these cards. Is it too much to hope we can use them to max out the skills they already have, since they seem to have skill levels?

Sword Familiar

Now this sounds interesting. Wonder what kind of skills will be on these cards. Is it too much to hope we can use them to max out the skills they already have, since they seem to have skill levels?

This was what I was thinking about as well. Probably both. New skills and skill upgrades.

Ventara

Oh man, a guaranteed SS would be awesome! It would really help me get that SSS faster. Anyways, sounds like it'll be a pretty awesome update tonight. Maybe the skill cards will help me get through Gram on Legend.

Yaari

Nice the guaranteed SS update. I tried to stay within 5% for Arena but it got way too difficult suddenly. So that aint happening.

commish

Yaari

If you are still in need of a healer, you can send me a request. Character is Jaguna.

You seem to be full now haha.

Tried Gram with a different healer, and survived 3 waves. Surely my damage output wasn't high enough but I'm getting there. It's too bad the Ally buff is gone. On that attempt, I would have beaten him, if I had the buff.

commish

Tried Gram with a different healer, and survived 3 waves. Surely my damage output wasn't high enough but I'm getting there. It's too bad the Ally buff is gone. On that attempt, I would have beaten him, if I had the buff.

You have to call your ally when you are fighting Gram himself. If you call him too soon, then they won't last long enough.

aranth

The guaranteed SS ally after 28 days comes right just in time for the monthly bonus, that's a nice touch. Just hope the grind for the skill cards is not too much, cause they look pretty much mandatory for your allies (suppose the skill cards refer to upgrading our ally skills past 1/3).

goober

The guaranteed SS ally after 28 days comes right just in time for the monthly bonus, that's a nice touch. Just hope the grind for the skill cards is not too much, cause they look pretty much mandatory for your allies (suppose the skill cards refer to upgrading our ally skills past 1/3).

Makes sense. Gotta give Shoes a purpose once you hit the level cap and beat Myth.

sensui-tomo

Tune in LIVE, this Friday on Twitch.TV as we dive into detail about the latest Dragon Blaze Update!

http://www.twitch.tv/gamevil_usa

Also don't forget we're still running our 5,000 Twitch follower milestone event! Help us reach 5,000 followers and receive an exclusive reward!

http://bit.ly/Twitch5000Event

from facebook, heres hoping to more shoes, gotta level my rogue up to 50+ (at 40 now)
Hope i get the legend buster armor soon (i've got the other 5 parts for my warrior)

new allies look nice too
2OBTyBF.png

kwzAbVR.png

Cybolt

Looks like someone accepted a friend request I sent out weeks ago. I'll let you know if there's an opening but good luck with Gram. You're getting closer and one level makes a huge difference.

sensui-tomo

thought this should be put up too.
Event Duration

6/22 - 6/30 PDT/SGT/CET

Event Details

Monday ~ Thursday

[12:00 PM ~ 3:00 PM] Increase SS~SSS Raid Item Drop rate by 50%
[6:00 PM ~ 9:00PM] Increase EXP in dungeon by 30%

Friday

[All day] Doubled Friend help duration time. (60 sec -> 120 sec)
[3:00 PM ~ 6:00 PM] Increase EXP in dungeon by 30%
[6:00 PM ~ 9:00 PM] Increase SS~SSS Raid Item Drop rate by 100%, Decrease Item Enhance cost by 30%
[9:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM] Increase EXP in dungeon by 50%, Increase Gold in dungeon by 50%

Saturday ~ Sunday

[6:00 PM ~ 9:00 PM] Increase SS~SSS Raid Item Drop rate by 100%, Decrease Ally Enhance cost by 30%
[9:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM] Increase EXP in dungeon by 50%, Increase Gold in dungeon by 50%

Yaari

Nice! So I'll get Gram down later this week, with that buff.

You have to call your ally when you are fighting Gram himself. If you call him too soon, then they won't last long enough.

I did, but I guess my damage output is just too poor. Oh well. I realized many areas of improvement in gear. It should show, when I'm done, later this week. I think 4/5 of my Allies have no equipment upgrades.

Looks like someone accepted a friend request I sent out weeks ago. I'll let you know if there's an opening but good luck with Gram. You're getting closer and one level makes a huge difference.

Yeah I should get it eventually.

Whizkid7

Tune in LIVE, this Friday on Twitch.TV as we dive into detail about the latest Dragon Blaze Update!

http://www.twitch.tv/gamevil_usa

Also don't forget we're still running our 5,000 Twitch follower milestone event! Help us reach 5,000 followers and receive an exclusive reward!

http://bit.ly/Twitch5000Event

from facebook, heres hoping to more shoes, gotta level my rogue up to 50+ (at 40 now)
Hope i get the legend buster armor soon (i've got the other 5 parts for my warrior)

new allies look nice too

A tank with an orb offhand? Say whaaaaaaaaaaa

JigsawX

thought this should be put up too.
Event Duration

6/22 - 6/30 PDT/SGT/CET

Event Details

Monday ~ Thursday

[6:00 PM ~ 9:00PM] Increase EXP in dungeon by 30%

Friday

[6:00 PM ~ 9:00 PM] Increase SS~SSS Raid Item Drop rate by 100%, Decrease Item Enhance cost by 30%

Saturday ~ Sunday

[6:00 PM ~ 9:00 PM] Increase SS~SSS Raid Item Drop rate by 100%, Decrease Ally Enhance cost by 30%

Oh I just missed the raid bonus,

JigsawX

I could be completely wrong but I thought I heard/read from somewhere that those skill points (not cards) the 1/3 for ally's come from them being MAX+1/2/3/4 etc. That every + above max gave you a skill point to allocate.

Again I could be wrong.

The cards seem to be for the 3rd passive slot only

KimChi

I could be completely wrong but I thought I heard/read from somewhere that those skill points (not cards) the 1/3 for ally's come from them being MAX+1/2/3/4 etc. That every + above max gave you a skill point to allocate.

Again I could be wrong.

The cards seem to be for the 3rd passive slot only

I read that somewhere as well concerning skill points for ally, well see after the maintenance i guess. so restless waiting on dmc4se to unlock T_T.

Pejo

Nice the guaranteed SS update. I tried to stay within 5% for Arena but it got way too difficult suddenly. So that aint happening.

Wait, this is the update where after so many ruby summons, you can guarantee getting an SS? Or some other guaranteed SS update?

garath

Arena is stupid hard now. All 54-55 with full SSS teams +3 or greater around me. I managed to blow my +20 bonus because I took on someone that looked beatable but got RNG'd hard. No starting vigor (despite near 80% chance) and my healer got focused down first. Ugly. I may slide out of the top 5%.

Top Bottom