• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

JigsawX

I play in Asia region so yeah it does open up a bit earlier for us. My score only puts me at 2% atm (Although only 10k entries so far). Cant seem to push any higher sadly.

Dark Breath is pretty good tbh. You should keep him and use with Ranran when needed (AoE heavy stages etc).

What mode are you in now? Is Murit part of your team ATM? Personally, i wouldn't do it if he's in my active team.

IMO AoE is king for this WB since you are hitting multiple head at the same time to wrack up points. At the same time, you also need good single target DPS. You don't need a tank so i would sub out Patta. Who is your team's healer btw.

I would prob sub in Rar (i've never seen him in action though) because he has that extra 27% boss damage passive.

Was thinking of that team for the first one since it's single target. This second one seems to have multiple heads so I'll prob use my AoE mage. My main healer is Porin but I subbed her out on the 1st one since no on seemed to be taking a lot of damage. Is she needed for the 2nd one?

JigsawX

Can't quite figure out the hydra pacing. I keep getting rocked at just over 100k.

Yea I'm having trouble figuring out when to summon my ally. So far I wipe on the 2nd enrage for the most part. One time Lucked out and everything synced / crit since I was able to pass the 2nd enrage with no heads turning. Wasn't able to replicate the effect the next 5 tries :/

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm getting rocked on the boss. I am up to top 11%, but I really want to get top 10 for the SS.

Sciel

Two of my guildies got 250k+....Guess what class they are ...starts with R (as usual).

They just save their dance of death for shield apparently.

Does this ever get to a point where you can't auto-battle everything? I'm level 18 and so far this doesn't really feel like much of a game. I'm just watching my dudes do shit and managing inventory.

KimChi

Tanks without taunt are fine. I made it to Myth Fortress with SS Ger. As someone said earlier, party members in front soak up most of the damage. High DEF and HP contributes to how far up front a party member stands. As long as you gear your tank decently they'll do fine.

2 of the top 3 tanks in game don't even have taunt (SSS Gram & SSS Patta).

oh ok, I know about party placement I've only had a tank with taunt and whenever it wasnt active my party members in the back usually get killed off right away.

I just saw something really weird today, whole party was alive but viri got killed and then revived herself...o.o I didnt see if she actually used her own revive skill but I for sure didnt use a revive scroll. Anyone else seen something like that with healers that can revive?

commish

Does this ever get to a point where you can't auto-battle everything? I'm level 18 and so far this doesn't really feel like much of a game. I'm just watching my dudes do shit and managing inventory.

You can only control your own hero (and when you summon allies), so, to some extent, it will always be auto-battle. But it matters when you use your own skills at high levels.

Two of my guildies got 250k+....Guess what class they are ...starts with R (as usual).

They just save their dance of death for shield apparently.

Let me try that now.

Edit:

I got a card with +33% damage. Is that as good as it seems for my allies?

JigsawX

World Boss participants - 6438 - currently at 1.5%
Laby / arena - Pretty sure I saw like 20k participating

Do world boss #2 people! Boost me into 1%!

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
My party is starting to shape up. My S Abyss Lance retired into the support ranks in exchange for an SS Abyss King and an Urk+Veri combine resulted in a Deathcrown. A fair trade, if I may say so myself. :) Gonna try to gear up/enhance the current party as much as I can before getting another SSS. I'm running out of fodder.

Edit: Everything just dies.

Yaari

I think I'll save all my tickets with longer duration in mail for Saturday/Sunday. That 100% droprate boost will be quite significant I guess..

commish

World Boss participants - 6438 - currently at 1.5%
Laby / arena - Pretty sure I saw like 20k participating

Do world boss #2 people! Boost me into 1%!

I was just bumped up to top 10% because of more folks trying. Woohoo! I really need a better healer in order to do better in the world events. :\ Ranran is doing what she can, though.

sensui-tomo

Finally got a complete Legendary buster set for my tank, and on the way got 1 of every main hand weapon (2 daggers for my rogue with good stats) and basically everything but the mage orb. Now to farm for the other parts for my team while leveling my rogue so i can switch out from my tank to the rogue and score higher in events.

Priest Viri. The red one.

After i got her, i obtain 3 or more Ranrans (i think that's the S ranked one?) and before that i was stuck on some stupid single healer

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
After i got her, i obtain 3 or more Ranrans (i think that's the S ranked one?) and before that i was stuck on some stupid single healer

I had no healer at all for the longest time. Then suddenly, the miracle of Viri happened to me. After that I've picked up various healers, including RanRan, but I've yet found it necessary to put two healers in my party. I just feel like it's a good idea to keep her around. At least until I get Shabelle (if I ever get her).

Chaos17

I'm not getting enough fodders for making SS >_<
I'm so slow at this game, only level 41 with 3 SS, lol.

Viri is the SS ranran.
Sadly she is the only SS aoe healer.

I imagine a lot jump from S to SSS without seeing her.

Indeed my friend gor the SSS AoE healer first, lol.
I hope I won't folow the same fate :(

Dreavus

That kind of IS the game. Some timing/aiming is required for big bosses or PvP, but mostly it's about having your team crush things and then upgrade/combine them as you go to make the strongest team you can.

I found it entertaining for a while. They almost give you TOO much "stamina bar" to play with though because I think I burned myself out.

commish

That kind of IS the game. Some timing/aiming is required for big bosses or PvP, but mostly it's about having your team crush things and then upgrade/combine them as you go to make the strongest team you can.

I found it entertaining for a while. They almost give you TOO much "stamina bar" to play with though because I think I burned myself out.

Ha, I agree that they basically give you a ton of stamina. I can't remember when the last time was that I had no stamina to raid or do some missions.

Dreavus

Ha, I agree that they basically give you a ton of stamina. I can't remember when the last time was that I had no stamina to raid or do some missions.

It's insane that it sounds like I'm "complaining" about being able to play as much as I want, and everyone I know hates stamina systems in general, but it's kind of true in this case.

aranth

It's insane that it sounds like I'm "complaining" about being able to play as much as I want, and everyone I know hates stamina systems in general, but it's kind of true in this case.

This game limits you with feeders to enhance and combine for better units, not shoes or tickets.

The whole system is quite borked anyway, we should be tempted to buy rubies with money, but with all the weekly rewards and account challenges and the ridiculous prices of rubies in the store I just don't see the point. Compared to other freemium games Dragon Blaze lets me play as much as I want and awards me a steady weekly ruby income, enough to keep me interested.

I don't really like how many rubies the top players make every week though, it gives them a hell of an advantage compared to the rest of us mere mortals.

Einbroch

Banned
Wow, thanks to whoever opened me up to the world of the PC Android emulator.

Now I can play and not worry about my battery dying.

RS4-

What awful luck, got leg Gram to 10k, but nope, couldn't revive anyone because my main hero is fucking stun locked.

Other run I run into two priests + two warriors at 3/4, then two more priests, mage, and knight on 4/4 with Gram.

Fuck off.

Chaos17

Damn, I got pawned by mobs level 43+ and I'm level 41... I guess, I'm gonna go grind a bit.
Also, sometime I wish I have pokeballs to catch monsters intead of combining them, lol

Edit : I'm not gaining a lot of exp even against monsters of my level, hnnnnng >_<

goober

Myth is ridiculous. I've been stuck at this stage 1/4 for literally 5 minutes. It's 2 tanks and 3 healers. You disable/stun a healer, it has the debuff clear.

Edit: I've summoned my friend 3 times now.
Got a warning that the monsters' ATK will increase cause it's been forever.

Uthred

That Hydra totally destroyed me. Though I finally got my Rogue to 50, now I'm wondering what to use the post 50 skill points for. My current build is:

Hidden Blades 1
Dance of Death 10+Ultimate
Vanish 2
Perfect Attack 10
Piercing Gaze 1
maximize chance 6

I'm tempted to split the 50-55 points between Hidden Blades and Vanish, but Im wondering would Piercing Gaze or Maximize Chance give a better return?

commish

That Hydra totally destroyed me. Though I finally got my Rogue to 50, now I'm wondering what to use the post 50 skill points for. My current build is:

Hidden Blades 1
Dance of Death 10+Ultimate
Vanish 2
Perfect Attack 10
Piercing Gaze 1
maximize chance 6

I'm tempted to split the 50-55 points between Hidden Blades and Vanish, but Im wondering would Piercing Gaze or Maximize Chance give a better return?

Keep in mind the diminishing returns on crit. After 30 or so crit %, it goes down quite a bit (meaning you need 2 crit percent to equal 1 actual crit %). I cant' remember the exact number. But it's pretty easy to get to 30 or so crit with just your gear, imo, so I like crit damage more after a certain point.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Myth is ridiculous. I've been stuck at this stage 1/4 for literally 5 minutes. It's 2 tanks and 3 healers. You disable/stun a healer, it has the debuff clear.

Edit: I've summoned my friend 3 times now.
Got a warning that the monsters' ATK will increase cause it's been forever.

Sounds like you need more dps or something to disable those healers.

Shouta

puVDo5p.jpg

Any good?

Ventara

Any good?

ST 751% / CD 15.1
AoE 274% / CD 21.2
AoE Debuff -42% ATK (21s) / CD 29.6
+31% ATK
+15% INT

Seems pretty good. Maybe not top-tier. but she seems to be a solid unit. Congrats!

Edit: Btw, do you only have 1 other SS? Wouldn't it have been better to wait until you had more? I guess it worked out, since you got a good unit, though.

Einbroch

Banned
She's decent. Tier lists put her in the mid-bottom tier, but honestly, she's not that bad.

Certainly not shit-tier like some of the others.

sensui-tomo

puVDo5p.jpg

Any good?

Its okay, please dont tell me you used your own units to form it however. Thats a lesson i've gambled with early on (was lucky to not have shit pulls till after i pulled a healer) because it might make the game harder if you depended on those 2 SS

I've got some other SS and S units. I just got rid of the suckiest SS units, I had.

Completely disregard everything i said, good job. At least it wasnt a Gnoll (those things)

Shouta

Its okay, please dont tell me you used your own units to form it however. Thats a lesson i've gambled with early on (was lucky to not have shit pulls till after i pulled a healer) because it might make the game harder if you depended on those 2 SS

Completely disregard everything i said, good job. At least it wasnt a Gnoll (those things)

I used shitty SS Orcs to do it, lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wow, thanks to whoever opened me up to the world of the PC Android emulator.

Now I can play and not worry about my battery dying.
RIP life.
Don't use Bluestacks though it's a piece of shit, give GenyMotion and Winroy(e) a try if they work. Hopefully no Chinese adware on Winroy.

Top Bottom