• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Saprol

I hate getting that ARM translation stuff working on Genymotion so you can access the Play Store. Google+ crashes nonstop and then it ends up not installing games anyway. I'm using a rooted Bluestacks so I'm not dealing with that annoying "download our featured app to keep using program" junk.

zanyu

As a sheep mage, I ran a double healer, 3 dps set up.

I don't have a tank.

Got 102k score, which puts me at the top 3%, should be safe for the 5% cut off.

My current party is:

51 Warrior (main)
51 [SSS] Dark Arrow Farq +4
51 [SSS] Dark Knife Freyd +3
51 [SS] Archer Veri MAX
51 Priest Ranran MAX+2

Additionally i have an SS Dark Kinfe Tirahl unlevelled and ungeared.

I've got about 350 rubies. Should i use premium summons to work towards combining 2 S's into another SS in the hopes of eventually combining with Tirahl for another SSS or should i use them all to level up Farq and Freyd?

After this batch of summons I'll probably be out of a stable source of rubies for some time, as I just cleared Legend Gram.

aranth

I've got about 350 rubies. Should i use premium summons to work towards combining 2 S's into another SS in the hopes of eventually combining with Tirahl for another SSS or should i use them all to level up Farq and Freyd?

Don't waste rubies to combine 2 S units, just feed em B and C units with friend points and random drops. Might take a while but you should save your rubies to enhance SS and SSS. Personally I'd combine for another SS with a bit of patience and then probably sacrifice Veri, most SSS dps you'd get would be better than her. It's a bit of a gamble though, you might end with one of the lowest tiers, or a bad single target healer SSS like Konfi. As they say, there is no gain without risk.

Ps. Fuck those little bastards chain casting Unexpected Lightning, there is a spot reserved in hell for you.

So I just got Roq-ed hard by the game.

I combined 2 S units that I didn't need and got SS Punisher Roq, who apparently specializes in beating bosses to death with his bare fists.

I have one SSS Ghostblade sitting in storage and my Legendary Daily Dungeon gave me a +19% weapon ATK card followed by an armor and sword set from Deathcrown. These are still sitting in storage though.

The kicker is when I went to get his rapport up by doing Legendary Desert stage 9. The guy busts out from the rear lines and punches the boss to death and this was while I was power-leveling him using my Priest character. He went from lvl 1 to lvl 50 in something like 10 dungeon runs from various dungeons on Legendary (Desert, Deserted Tower, Pumpkin Patch).

It's as if the game is telling me to use him, even though I already have an SS Abyss King for a tank.

Then I combined another 2 S units and got an SS Dark Breath, who is just a beefier version of the S variant.

Still no SS Viri. I need at least an SS AOE healer because my Ranran already hit the limit on her end-game viability.

Ventara

YESSSSSSS!!!!!! Legend Gram is down! Fucking finally! Oh man, yes! Seriously, this guy gave me so much headache. Thank God that's behind me.

Don't waste rubies to combine 2 S units, just feed em B and C units with friend points and random drops. Might take a while but you should save your rubies to enhance SS and SSS. Personally I'd combine for another SS with a bit of patience and then probably sacrifice Veri, most SSS dps you'd get would be better than her. It's a bit of a gamble though, you might end with one of the lowest tiers, or a bad single target healer SSS like Konfi. As they say, there is no gain without risk.

Ps. Fuck those little bastards chain casting Unexpected Lightning, there is a spot reserved in hell for you.

It wouldn't be to combine the 2 S, but rather to level up the SS to combine it with Tirahl. So basically i either choose to go for another SSS, which would mean getting an SS first and then using most of my As to get the SS from 4 to MAX, or using all the S and A on my existing SSS.

Kinan

Hmm, tried the game, but not really getting it yet. Autobattle is fun to watch for some time, but not really engaging. Do I ever really need to switch it off?

Whats with combine, do I need to have both max lvl and rapport on units to do it? The button is always inactive so far. And 29 jewels for inventory extension? Hopefully its a at least whole page and not one slot. :/ Do I need to finish the storyline on normal before higher difficulties become available?

I guess the question is if there any good newbie guide or something?

Ventara

So I decided to start an alt charcater. Rogue, of course, since I want to be competitive and get into the top 5%. Kinda sucks that Inventory and item/accessory slots are locked again.

Hmm, tried the game, but not really getting it yet. Autobattle is fun to watch for some time, but not really engaging. Do I ever really need to switch it off?

Whats with combine, do I need to have both max lvl and rapport on units to do it? The button is always inactive so far. And 29 jewels for inventory extension? Hopefully its a at least whole page and not one slot. :/ Do I need to finish the storyline on normal before higher difficulties become available?

I guess the question is if there any good newbie guide or something?

No reason to turn Auto off unless you're fighting a tough battle, in which case the timing of your skills might matter, so it might be better to do it yourself.

Yes, both units have to be MAX and 100 rapport to combine.

29 Rubies gets you 4 additional slots.

Yes, once you finish a difficulty, the next difficulty is unlocked.

Generic Walkthrough

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So I decided to start an alt charcater. Rogue, of course, since I want to be competitive and get into the top 5%. Kinda sucks that Inventory and item/accessory slots are locked again.

Yeah but you get a bunch of free gems so it wasn't so bad. You won't need as many inventory slots since you can store stuff on your main as well.

Ventara

Yeah but you get a bunch of free gems so it wasn't so bad. You won't need as many inventory slots since you can store stuff on your main as well.

You have a point, though I'll probably sell everything I get. I just want to get this guy through Legend Gram while I farm for equips with my mage.

The god of enchancing is not with me today.
Wasted already 10 fooders with 0 wins >_<

If it's any consolation, I've gone through 40+ in a row of nothing but fails. It was at 16% +1%, though

commish

You have a point, though I'll probably sell everything I get. I just want to get this guy through Legend Gram while I farm for equips with my mage.

If it's any consolation, I've gone through 40+ in a row of nothing but fails. It was at 16% +1%, though

That's what I said...

My mage is still level 51 while my rogue is sitting at 55 now. It's not even that I like the rogue more. I just got better rogue drops.

garath

I feel that. Especially now. I was a little wasteful with fodder in the early days since gold was pretty scarce. Now I focus completely on saving fodder over gold so it's not unheard of for me to be grinding out Bs and Cs with 15% chance.

Chaos17

images

Ventara

That's what I said...

My mage is still level 51 while my rogue is sitting at 55 now. It's not even that I like the rogue more. I just got better rogue drops.

?

I was saying I won't need to store anything from my Rogue onto my Mage since I'll sell everything. At least until I get to Myth. Anyways, good to hear Rogue gets good drops.

commish

?

I was saying I won't need to store anything from my Rogue onto my Mage since I'll sell everything. At least until I get to Myth. Anyways, good to hear Rogue gets good drops.

Oh I was just commenting on abandoning my mage :) Once I started my rogue, I dont' think I played my mage for more than 5 minutes total.

Pejo

Yea I just burnt through about 35 C's trying to get a +1 on a SS with 16+1%, it feels bad.

As a sidenote, I have yet to create a SSS. How many times do I have to successfully upgrade a SS unit until it's at MAX? I'm thinking +7?

garath

Yea I just burnt through about 35 C's trying to get a +1 on a SS with 16+1%, it feels bad.

As a sidenote, I have yet to create a SSS. How many times do I have to successfully upgrade a SS unit until it's at MAX? I'm thinking +7?

Yeah, it's +7. Each tier is +1. 6 for S, 7 for SS, 8 for SSS. Then the +4 Limit break lol.

Ventara

Why is Deus Deathcrown Raid so empty? I thought there'd be tons of people farming the Buster set. I guess they all moved on to Myth to farm the Blazing set?

Edit: I hate it when people leave a raid early. They figure there's no chance of winning, so they make sure there's no chance of winning by leaving.

Chaos17

Finally, after grinding the whole day from level 40 to 43, I was able to beat the sub boss knight and Gram in Hero mode with my little priest. Thank goodness, my friend was lvl 55 to help me get Gram down, my team is totally lacking of Dps even with my 3 SS.

I'm finally in legendary mode *cheer*

13486423128196.gif

Ventara

Beat Deus Deathcrown, but wow, that guy is tough. Took a long time to beat and I thought our team would wipe out many times, but everyone used scrolls and persevered. Oh, and we all ended up getting blue/purple items, lol.

Anyways, I'll have to farm this at home when I can pay closer attention. I'll just stick to regular Deathcrown Raid.

Finally, after grinding the whole day from level 40 to 43, I was able to beat the sub boss knight and Gram in Hero mode with my little priest. Thank goodness, my friend was lvl 55 to help me get Gram down, my team is totally lacking of Dps even with my 3 SS.

I'm finally in legendary mode *cheer*

Congrats! That part of the game is always tough, and it's great to finally overcome it.

Yaari

Newest SSS is Archer Ur. I've been only getting crappy ones. Hopefully the next one is good, although it is quite far off. Have to make SS for them again

And mostly crap from my 1000 Rubies. Not too bothered. Not like I expect to pull SS's. Way too rare.

niosh

Banned
So I just got Roq-ed hard by the game.

I combined 2 S units that I didn't need and got SS Punisher Roq, who apparently specializes in beating bosses to death with his bare fists.

I have one SSS Ghostblade sitting in storage and my Legendary Daily Dungeon gave me a +19% weapon ATK card followed by an armor and sword set from Deathcrown. These are still sitting in storage though.

The kicker is when I went to get his rapport up by doing Legendary Desert stage 9. The guy busts out from the rear lines and punches the boss to death and this was while I was power-leveling him using my Priest character. He went from lvl 1 to lvl 50 in something like 10 dungeon runs from various dungeons on Legendary (Desert, Deserted Tower, Pumpkin Patch).

It's as if the game is telling me to use him, even though I already have an SS Abyss King for a tank.

Roq is classified as DPS not a Tank (his character card confirms this well). His inventory has two weapon slots instead of sword and shield. No reason to take Abyss King (who is a ridiculously awesome tank) out of main group if Roq is in it. Drop a lesser DPS instead.

Great, got another Captain Turq :(

I feel you on this. My last two SSS were dupes :[

Shouta

I'm figuring out that using more higher tier units to fuse isn't necessarily better unless you really want to get it done quick. I'm gonna start going with the do one or two enhances with a unit that's a grade lower. if I don't get it on these, I'm going to switch to super easy to get units because I'll still have the bonus success rate they give you when you fail.

It's probably more gold intensive but it uses fewer high end units.

Ventara

Newest SSS is Archer Ur. I've been only getting crappy ones. Hopefully the next one is good, although it is quite far off. Have to make SS for them again

And mostly crap from my 1000 Rubies. Not too bothered. Not like I expect to pull SS's. Way too rare.

That sucks. I have yet to combine for an SSS, and I'm in no rush to. I have a strong feeling it'll be crap. Getting an crap SS isn't too bad, since it's not that costly, and you can always level them to combine for something better. But an SSS? That takes a lot more, and rebirth is almost as costly as making a new SSS.

I'm figuring out that using more higher tier units to fuse isn't necessarily better unless you really want to get it done quick. I'm gonna start going with the do one or two enhances with a unit that's a grade lower. if I don't get it on these, I'm going to switch to super easy to get units because I'll still have the bonus success rate they give you when you fail.

It's probably more gold intensive but it uses fewer high end units.

I think it's better to fuse 2 units 2 grades below and then start using Cs. It's costly, but you'll have tons of money (I still have over 1 million). This way, you can be more efficient with your rubies.

Cybolt

I think it's better to fuse 2 units 2 grades below and then start using Cs. It's costly, but you'll have tons of money (I still have over 1 million). This way, you can be more efficient with your rubies.

Just to add on, while you will use up more gold, it's easier to get it back (albeit time consuming even with lab) then to get A and up units which are pretty much rubies only or rarely through recruiting.

That's if you want to be efficient with your units. If not, well fuse away.

StuffRuff

Finally Hero Gram is down!

Completed as a 40 Priest.

Thanks to GaryCk for your 120 second ally boost that helped me push him over the edge lol

sensui-tomo

twitch stream today, I'll try posting all the codes they'll usually send out incase any of you guys arent able to watch or whatever.

Yaari

That sucks. I have yet to combine for an SSS, and I'm in no rush to. I have a strong feeling it'll be crap. Getting an crap SS isn't too bad, since it's not that costly, and you can always level them to combine for something better. But an SSS? That takes a lot more, and rebirth is almost as costly as making a new SSS.

Yeah, it's a little annoying. I guess my trash SSS will eventually come in well for Limit Breaking. But I really hope I get something decent soon. Luckily I still got around 20 S's left, so it is only a mater of time for my next SS and SSS show up.

On a more positive note I found those level55 set boots with what I believe perfect roll for Rogue. So that's better than nothing. EVA, Max HP, DEF and DEX.

niosh

Banned
Some of you don't seem to realize that even the "trash" tier SSS are still pretty good and a step up from most SS.

The only legit trash SSS is a duplicate.

Roq is classified as DPS not a Tank (his character card confirms this well). His inventory has two weapon slots instead of sword and shield. No reason to take Abyss King (who is a ridiculously awesome tank) out of main group if Roq is in it. Drop a lesser DPS instead.

I would totally use him with my Priest. He's subbing out my SS Dark Archer with comparable ATK. I need to max his enhancement but that isn't happening until I get more A fodder.

Yaari

Some of you guys don't seem to realize that even the "trash" tier SSS are still pretty good and a step up from most SS.

The only legit trash SSS is a duplicate.

I guess, but would you put a Tier 4 SSS in a team over a Tier 1 SS? I'd love to do that, but I don't know if its more effective. I could probably sacrifice some of my other SS's then. (My team doesn't run on these, still functional without them).

Archer Kay vs Archer Ur. I'm not sure who's better.

niosh

Banned
I guess, but would you put a Tier 4 SSS in a team over a Tier 1 SS? I'd love to do that, but I don't know if its more effective.

Depending who, I just might.

The SSS will have a lot more HP, scale better (higher base stats), and a 5th ability/passive.

Yaari

Yeah I haven't upgraded any of my SS/SSS. Keeping them low until I have one that I'll want to run permanently. Might take a while but seems like its the most efficient way to play.

I think Archer Ur isn't too bad. He can decrease Armor, and he has a pretty good single attack. Most of my team is AoE based so it will probably help a bit. Hopefully next SSS is something nice.

Ah well still having a blast with the game. Hope the stream hands out some stuff tonight.

niosh

Banned
^ I can understand not wanting to invest in lower tier SSS initially but why keep your SS low?

You'll eventually use them to make SSS which requires them be Max anyway. Better to capitalize on that while they are staples of your main party. You're pretty much handicapping yourself.

Yaari

^ I can understand not wanting to invest in lower tier SSS initially but why keep your SS low?

You'll eventually use them to make SSS which requires them be Max anyway. Better to capitalize on that while they are staples of your main party. You're pretty much handicapping yourself.

That's true. But I was just having way too much fun going for SSS, and I didn't want to delay that by upgrading my team. Lol. I know it's stupid.

First decent SSS that I get, I will probably limit break right away. Unfortunately so far it hasn't shown up yet.

zanyu

OMG finally Myth Gram down!

I had to do 2 healer, 2 dps, as a mage.

Ranran Max + 4
Konfi + 3
Aura +3
Azur + 2

(I have no tanks)

120 second priest healer.

It was a 3 minute fight and I still almost died.

But man am I glad to just be done with that.

Does anyone know what to do with the extra skill cards? Do you just vendor them?

Re: Roq
Roq is fucking awesome-tier SS, he is saving my ass time and time again in myth by outright killing mages and curses before they can even get their spell off.

Re: SS vs SSS
As good as Roq is, I looked up his stats in the folio compared to his SSS analogue (Punisher Rar), and at +max he's just barely above a stock Rar in pure stats.

Top Bottom