• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

They need to do more raid bonuses. That and get rid of blues from the raid lottery.

It's like a giant middle finger to your face to clear a raid boss with SS ranking and everyone gets blues.

aranth

TWITCHDBEU0626 for us euro players.

They need to do more raid bonuses. That and get rid of blues from the raid lottery.

It's like a giant middle finger to your face to clear a raid boss with SS ranking and everyone gets blues.

Completely agree, wasted 90 raid tickets tonight with the 100% drop rate bonus and I ended up with 38 blue drops. That's 38 out of 45, and I saw my fair share of 4 blue drops for the whole party with SS ratings.

edit: EUJOEHYDRA2899 (swap EU for US or SEA as required) for 50 shoes and 50 tickets.

Completely agree, wasted 90 raid tickets tonight with the 100% drop rate bonus and I ended up with 38 blue drops. That's 38 out of 45, and I saw my fair share of 4 blue drops for the whole party with SS ratings.

The most bullshit thing that I've seen is clearing Legendary Deathcrown raid with SS rating and seeing everyone else get reds while I get a blue.

That and the fuckers who click through all 4 slots rapidly are extremely annoying.

I forgot to mention the bullshit with daily dungeon as well. 3 reds and RNG decided to slot me on a blue.

Priest guide suggested me to get the ultimate to buff all but my Ranran is being targeted too much that she dies a lot. So I've the feeling that I should've instead took the heal all so I could put a dps at the place of poor Ranran... >.>

I'm leaving my Ranran at MAX+2 and am hoping to get some red armor for my entire active and reserve teams. Damn Deathcrown won't give me armor.

Chaos17

I'm leaving my Ranran at MAX+2 and am hoping to get some red armor for my entire active and reserve teams. Damn Deathcrown won't give me armor.

I'm starting to upgrade her even but I don't have a lot of fodder so I would've prefered to keep them to make more new SS... So either I choose to save foodders or reset my skills once more... I will see how Ranran +2 is going to be before I choose to reset skills or not, I guess.

I'm starting to upgrade her even but I don't have a lot of fodder so I would've prefered to keep them to make more new SS... So either I choose to save foodders or reset my skills once more... I will see how Ranran +2 is going to be before I choose to reset skills or not, I guess.

Don't use rubies to max out Ranran. I only maxed her because I needed her to not die on me.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

edit: EUJOEHYDRA2899 (swap EU for US or SEA as required) for 50 shoes and 50 tickets.

I am getting an insane number of blues. It's kinda ridiculous but whatever. RNG... I guess.

What are the best raid setups? I only have a warrior so I've never seen a no warrior group, but I always feel like my shit damage drags the entire group down and I'm not providing much use to the party. I specced for ultimate taunt but i wonder if I should have done a dps build instead. Wouldn't be as good as a rogue, but maybe it would be less useless?

Ventara

What are the best raid setups? I only have a warrior so I've never seen a no warrior group, but I always feel like my shit damage drags the entire group down and I'm not providing much use to the party. I specced for ultimate taunt but i wonder if I should have done a dps build instead. Wouldn't be as good as a rogue, but maybe it would be less useless?

I think a tank is useful in a raid. The ideal might be 1 each of rogue/archer/healer/tank. Rogue and archer are the best since they do a lot of damage, but without a tank, I think they might die too quickly.

goober

I'm running this raid for Deus Deathcrown in Legendary. Team wipes except me (warrior) and the priest. No one uses scrolls and/or leaves.

We've been battle Deus Deathcrown for like 10 minutes now with now progress. This is hilarious.

Warriors are great in raids, as long as you are not running 2+ warriors. In my experience, most pugs overall DPS wont be high enough to survive without a tank.

Make sure you spec into Fighting Spirit to make up for your own lower DPS. My favorite raid setup is 1 warrior and 3 DPS.

Kalavaras

Banned
Shitty archers and rogues all over the place. I hate combining. I'm gonna upgrade the guys I have for real this time.

Enhancing SSS guys really seems to help. I was stuck on a level, enhanced Byron and Deathcrown to +2 and rocked the level. Good stuff.

Shitty archers and rogues all over the place. I hate combining. I'm gonna upgrade the guys I have for real this time.

Enhancing SSS guys really seems to help. I was stuck on a level, enhanced Byron and Deathcrown to +2 and rocked the level. Good stuff.

At least you have SSS units. >_>

I'm still on a few core SS units and still mostly on S units.

I've reached a point where I can't make any progress on both my Priest and Archer characters on Myth. Both of them are stuck at the bullshit Jungle zone where you run into a fuck ton of fuckers that cast UNEXPECTED LIGHTNING that basically wiped out my party.

On that note, here's my party make-up for my two characters:
Priest:
-SS Abyss King MAX
-SS Queen Robellia MAX
-SS Punisher Roq +3 (just got this guy the other day)
-S Priest Ranran MAX+2

For my archer character, I switched out Roq for my SS Dark Breath+3 (got this guy immediately after Roq).

On reserve for both characters, I have:
-SS Dark Arrow Tarq MAX
-S Geranger MAX
-S Abyss Breath MAX
-S Hunter Furbie MAX
-S Shaman Captiva MAX
-SS Healer Unity

I'm thinking about maxing Unity later so that I can combine her with something else for an SSS unit.

EDIT:
At this point, my priest can auto-win most situations and has reached stage 22-23 of Labyrinth on a regular basis without my intervention.

Yaari

Now that my Rogue is 55 I think I'd preferably make a new character again. I don't want to run Daily dungeon 50 times a day. It's not that fun.

Chaos17

Ranran is +5 and all my team is properly geared but something is wrong with it. I can't farm first boss or second without getting my ass kicked in legend mode. I've the feeling that's because I can't heal enough to sustain the damage or it's because I don't have any mage to AoE... I didn't had that problem in the previous mode. I'm really not feeling that magnify ultimate.

The temptation to reset my priest and go full heal build is getting strong.

Now that my Rogue is 55 I think I'd preferably make a new character again. I don't want to run Daily dungeon 50 times a day. It's not that fun.
What're the advantage/bonus for rerolling ?

Edit : maxed out Ranran and even did the limit break, it's a little better now.

JigsawX

I have about 3,500 saved up so far. I think I'll blow 1,000 or so on summon fodder so I can get my Fulson and Azur to +4.

Oh nice, I'm at roughly 2k here. Everything I have is max but I don't want to limit break my current SSS. Going to see if I can hold out another 1 month at least.

Uthred

Had a terrible run on combines there and foolishly "doubled down" on it, blew threw all my ABC's and most of the handful of S's I had. But it was worth it because I got a Karang, FML ;) I assume garbage tier SSS are kept around for limit breaks? Rebirthing seems far too resource intensive, especially as he's only my second SSS

Yaari

Edit : maxed out Ranran and even did the limit break, it's better now :D

Not many, but I was a little bored. I do realize Daily Dungeon is incredibly effective for allies though. I'm getting quite a lot.

I do wish I could run the Myth version. I'm not strong enough yet.

I'll keep doing the Daily for now. I hope Paladin comes soon.

aranth

Ugh, farming these +heal power cards in the daily dungeon is soul-crushing, 120 shoes so far and nothing, just two blue cards with +immunity and terrible blue drops.

Yaari

Anyone running Myth Daily, what team do you use? I'm guessing I could get to run it if I enhance my units, but maybe my team building could improve my success a bit too.

KimChi

Ranran is +5 and all my team is properly geared but something is wrong with it. I can't farm first boss or second without getting my ass kicked in legend mode. I've the feeling that's because I can't heal enough to sustain the damage or it's because I don't have any mage to AoE... I didn't had that problem in the previous mode. I'm really not feeling that magnify ultimate.

The temptation to reset my priest and go full heal build is getting strong.

Edit : maxed out Ranran and even did the limit break, it's a little better now.

The only real bonus I can think of is beating the raid bosses on each difficulty which are guaranteed rubies on every character. Advantage being you could build the other character to use for something else your main is good at. Maybe build aoe ultimate mage to use for arena or certain world boss like hydra, or rogue which a lot of people are or already have done (me included) up to you really.

Chaos17

Finally decided to reset my skills and try to full heal build.
I've no regret, it suits my team better, bye Ranran.
Sorry but I'm going full dps for now.

vato_loco

You guys are insanely advanced already! How the hell do you level up so fast? I'm still just a lvl 25 Mage and it takes forever to level up. Not to mention that during raids my character always gets the short end of the stick. EVER TIME.

Am I missing something? Or a LOT of things?

Yaari

You guys are insanely advanced already! How the hell do you level up so fast? I'm still just a lvl 25 Mage and it takes forever to level up. Not to mention that during raids my character always gets the short end of the stick. EVER TIME.

It's pretty fast with the 30% bonuses. Just make sure you use your Shoes when available.

What's "Ascension", I read about it and apparently this option becomes available later?

KimChi

It's pretty fast with the 30% bonuses. Just make sure you use your Shoes when available.

What's "Ascension", I read about it and apparently this option becomes available later?
It's apparently like rebirth for SSS but it gives you unique characters (all I've heard about it at this point)

I just have way too much free time right now being on summer break lol. If you're stuck and /or want to level up trying grinding on boss stages. Might help to try out the last boss in Deserted Tower or John's Pumpkin Patch. You want the boss summon all 3 waves of monsters so you get more exp out of it. Plus the 30% exp buff is a nice help too.

arevin01

How long would you guys it would take to make an SSS if you start with 0 resources? My first SSS is Pearla and she took so much resources to make Im not sure I wanna try to go for another.

vato_loco

I just have way too much free time right now being on summer break lol. If you're stuck and /or want to level up trying grinding on boss stages. Might help to try out the last boss in Deserted Tower or John's Pumpkin Patch. You want the boss summon all 3 waves of monsters so you get more exp out of it. Plus the 30% exp buff is a nice help too.

I'll try that right now, the 30% is active. I also don't have the insane amount of rubies some of you have. I think I may have collected a grand total of... 400? At best?

I may be asking too much for a free player...

KimChi

I'll try that right now, the 30% is active. I also don't have the insane amount of rubies some of you have. I think I may have collected a grand total of... 400? At best?

I may be asking too much for a free player...

I've been playing without spending any money on this game, pretty sure a majority of people posting in this thread havent spent a dime on the game either because its pretty generous on handing them out.
You could try maxing out rapport for units since you get 10 rubies for every unit you max rapport( only one of that unit no dupes, after maxing rapport for a unit any dupes you have will show mastered) or focus on leveling and beefing up your main party. Just participating in arena each week and the world bosses should give some rubies as well it'll add up ^^.
Of the two options I'd recommend focusing on leveling up and getting to at least legend to start maxing rapport since those stages will make it a much faster process.

Cybolt

Finally decided to reset my skills and try to full heal build.
I've no regret, it suits my team better, bye Ranran.
Sorry but I'm going full dps for now.

Was thinking of switching to a Magnify build after hitting max level but kept the heal build I used to get through all of story. Not really looking forward to spending 100 rubies if the change is not necessarily better.

garath

I haven't spent any money on the game. I'm not quite as far ahead as I once was but rubies do come. Generally I make about 300 a week give or take which is enough to max out an S easily or sometimes even an SS depending on my extra fodder and rolls.

Free players can certainly compete with enough time.

Ventara

Combined for my 7th SS and got Commander Urk. Pretty good, if I do say so myself. Good damage, defense and health. Will definitely make it to my main team.

I haven't spent any money on the game. I'm not quite as far ahead as I once was but rubies do come. Generally I make about 300 a week give or take which is enough to max out an S easily or sometimes even an SS depending on my extra fodder and rolls.

Free players can certainly compete with enough time.

I'd save premium fodder exclusively for SS/SSS. I find one get get enough fodder for S units from regular summons and normal battles.

How do you level Monster skills? My SS characters have skills that show 1/3 , how do i upgrade those

Currently, you can't. It'll probably come in a future update.

How long would you guys it would take to make an SSS if you start with 0 resources? My first SSS is Pearla and she took so much resources to make Im not sure I wanna try to go for another.

Kind of a tough question to answer. What is zero resources? Like you just started the game? You should always have a stockpile of gold and S/SS units on hand. If you don't, you probably went for your first SSS too early.

Anyways, I'd say 500 rubies and 500K is roughly what it costs to get an SSS. The 500 rubies will hopefully get you 4 S units to combine into 2 SS units, while the rest of the A fodder, along with all the units you get from regular summons and normal battles, will help with the enhancing. Bs for Ss, As for SSs. Cs for after you've combined 2 (so you'll have a 14/16% chane).

Top Bottom