• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Was thinking of switching to a Magnify build after hitting max level but kept the heal build I used to get through all of story. Not really looking forward to spending 100 rubies if the change is not necessarily better.

I have a Magnify Priest build that I kind of like. I'm not sure if I want to reset for a full heal build just yet.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
After all the free stuff this weekend, I'm drowning in shoes/tickets. And I never thought I'd say this, but... I kind of hate it, lol. Puts pressure on me to use them before the time runs out. I like to play this game casually (although I play quite often) when I feel like it. Having resources with a deadline forces me to play more often. Gamevil has a tight grip on my rubies, or sure.

zanyu

Ugh finally beat round 25 in Lab.

2 heals 1 tank 1 dps, and had to use all three scrolls twice.

So aside from just trying to get a higher score, is it just time/ticket efficient to just start from 0?

Chaos17

Was thinking of switching to a Magnify build after hitting max level but kept the heal build I used to get through all of story. Not really looking forward to spending 100 rubies if the change is not necessarily better.

The problem with the Magnify build is that guide do not tell you if you had to max some characters or not or if you need some perticular classes because I've 3 dps and 1 tank but all are mono target so no AoE skills. All are SS but not upgraded.

My team wasn't able survive a lot of fights with the Magnify build even properly geared. If I took Ranran with me I was lacking DPS and if I didn't took her I was lacking group heal. Now that I changed to full heal build, my team is going through the story mode of legend without any problems and without any upgrade. That was a life changer for me.

So really I don't know if I will return one day to the magnify build without anymore details about it.

yamo

I'm playing as a warrior and I've combined S class allies for SS three times now and all ended up as warriors. So far I got.

Punisher Rabit
Punisher Roq
Captain Idun

Feels bad man... I just want a priest.

I also combined my priest Ranran.. did I fuck up? Everybody here seems to talk about it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm at 52 and my best healer is...ranran.

I'm 55 and finishing up myth storyline, and my best and only healer is ranran. Took her to max+4 and haven't looked back. Just put a +16% healing card on her, even better. I honestly think she can last through Myth by herself. We'll see.

garath

I'm having a hard time using my max+2 S rank warrior for a combine. I don't need him anymore but he was a core member for so long lol.

Whizkid7

I'm playing as a warrior and I've combined S class allies for SS three times now and all ended up as warriors. So far I got.

Punisher Rabit
Punisher Roq
Captain Idun

I also combined my priest Ranran.. did I fuck up? Everybody here seems to talk about it.

I know how you feel, 3/4ths of my SS have been tank warriors, and I'm a warrior.

Also, thanks for letting me into the GAF guild! Not that I really know what to DO now...

Yaari

Me and some other guy did quite well in Guild Battle. I'd like to team up with another lv55 for that. Its free Rubies that deserve to get picked up.

Combined SS Misty. My other SS is already maxed so a new SSS is coming up this week. Hopefully a nice one for once.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I'm having a hard time using my max+2 S rank warrior for a combine. I don't need him anymore but he was a core member for so long lol.

Combine him with a female unit an pretend they had a child. That way his DNA will live on the SS unit.

aranth

Damn, Belle Snow is op as hell in the arena everywhere. I'm easily wiping out people with full SSS teams, even though I'm only 54 with subpar gear compared to others with maxxed full blazing sets. No chance in hell I make it to the top 1% though, I'm sitting at 1.6% right now and people will burn tickets tomorrow before the reset.

Yaari

My latest SSS is a Gar. Getting pretty tired of being handed out only stuff I don't need now. Is going to take a while to build up another 2 SS's again.

Edit: Think I can replace Dark Lance with Captain Freya? Would speed up the progress quite a bit if I can get rid of him instead.

sensui-tomo

just combined my last SSS until i max out some of my team, used 2 meh SS guys... got BELLE SNOW, oh boy time to figure out my team setup now. Thinking of getting rid of pearla and using snow in her place, got captain freya as a tank-esque(for rogue character team build) Priest Viri as healer, Queen Caberra as a AoE/dps, rogue as DPS(still leveling up) Azur and dark gnoll also in sidelines (because one is alright and Gnoll is Gnoll)

Sciel

Aiming for Top 50 this week and burning rubies for tickets like mad lol (I'm at 9k, Top 50 needs 10k).

Really some of these teams don't deserve to be even in the Top 50. There is even a Level 54 here...and some teams without any enhancements on their units. They have scores of like 12-19k wtf. I annihilate them within seconds.

It seems it all comes down to spending as much tickets as possible on reset day to climb up the ladder via challenges and such.

Anyways, I've been adopting a few key rules (as a mage).

1. Avoid any teams with Assassins like the plague. That is unless they have a few weaker units.

2. Don't accept any challenges. inb4 you fight 4 ULTIMATES.

3. Refresh till you see someone beatable. Their rank barely makes a difference (1-2 pts at most).

wapplew

Damn, Belle Snow is op as hell in the arena everywhere. I'm easily wiping out people with full SSS teams, even though I'm only 54 with subpar gear compared to others with maxxed full blazing sets. No chance in hell I make it to the top 1% though, I'm sitting at 1.6% right now and people will burn tickets tomorrow before the reset.

You just have to start early in Arena and Guild battle.
1% is easy if you start early.

Ventara

Huh. I did not know that climbing up the ladder early mattered. I guess I'll do most of my arena battles early from now on instead of the day before the deadline.

niosh

Banned
My latest SSS is a Gar. Getting pretty tired of being handed out only stuff I don't need now. Is going to take a while to build up another 2 SS's again.

Edit: Think I can replace Dark Lance with Captain Freya? Would speed up the progress quite a bit if I can get rid of him instead.

While she's not amazing, assuming you plan enhance/gear Freya she will ultimately be better than Dark Lance. Even tho she has no taunt she will have alot more HP/DEF etc vs any SS tank.

Try using her in a couple of dungeons and see how she does before you get rid of Dark Lance.

Ventara

Combined for my very first SSS and got Aura Windlune. Not my first choice by a long shot, but all things considered, I could've pulled a lot worse.

Is she worth enhancing? I really don't want to waste S units if she's gonna get replaced eventually.

commish

Combined for my very first SSS and got Aura Windlune. Not my first choice by a long shot, but all things considered, I could've pulled a lot worse.

Is she worth enhancing? I really don't want to waste S units if she's gonna get replaced eventually.

Best archer in the game. Enhance her with confidence. Grats.

Ventara

Best archer in the game. Enhance her with confidence. Grats.

Alright. Her skills don't seem to be that amazing, but I figure it'll be a long while before I get 5 SSS units better than her.

Also, wtf, I can't use C units to upgrade her? Oh man, this is really gonna be expensive.

Edit: Ah fuck it. I'll use As. Bs are hard enough to come by as is, and I use them to enhance S units.

Edit 2: Used up 6 As in a row. All failures. Seriously, rebirth is most likely way more costly than making a new SSS simply for the fact that you can't use C units.

Sciel

Alright. Her skills don't seem to be that amazing, but I figure it'll be a long while before I get 5 SSS units better than her.

Also, wtf, I can't use C units to upgrade her? Oh man, this is really gonna be expensive.

Edit: Ah fuck it. I'll use As. Bs are hard enough to come by as is, and I use them to enhance S units.

Edit 2: Used up 6 As in a row. All failures. Seriously, rebirth is most likely way more costly than making a new SSS simply for the fact that you can't use C units.
Don't be inpatient when upgrading SSS units.
Instead of spamming all your As just to get her to +1. Farm up some B units and use them after a few failures.

-

I've hit rank #38 in arena (12.2k score) on Asia server. Going to consolidate my position now before the big reset rush tonight.

PS: Shabelle in sub position in Arena teams is absolutely deadly.

KimChi

She is not bad, I currently have her and pearla in my party since they are my only SSS and dps. Aura has a lot of evasion, at max enhance it is 42% and max-ultimate its 51.5%. Mine is currently at +3 with gear bringing it up to 47.2% total she usually ends up being the survivor if the party gets wiped. Thats what she mostly has going for her from what I can see and the aoe atk speed buff isnt bad either.

Ventara

Don't be inpatient when upgrading SSS units.
Instead of spamming all your As just to get her to +1. Farm up some B units and use them after a few failures.

-

I've hit rank #38 in arena (12.2k score) on Asia server. Going to consolidate my position now before the big reset rush tonight.

PS: Shabelle in sub position in Arena teams is absolutely deadly.

But I use B units for upgrading my S units. I don't want to waste 20+ of them trying to enhance her. Though I'm not faring any better with As right now, lol. Up to 9 now. I guess I can switch to Bs after I've used up a few As?

I think I'm just trying to rush to much right now. Just need to slow down and think things through. B units are rare, but I can farm them. I can't farm rubies.

She is not bad, I currently have her and pearla in my party since they are my only SSS and dps. Aura has a lot of evasion, at max enhance it is 42% and max-ultimate its 51.5%. Mine is currently at +3 with gear bringing it up to 47.2% total she usually ends up being the survivor if the party gets wiped. Thats what she mostly has going for her from what I can see and the aoe atk speed buff isnt bad either.

Ah, okay. I guess I'll try to raise her evasion more.

Sciel

But I use B units for upgrading my S units. I don't want to waste 20+ of them trying to enhance her. Though I'm not faring any better with As right now, lol. Up to 9 now. I guess I can switch to Bs after I've used up a few As?

I think I'm just trying to rush to much right now. Just need to slow down and think things through. B units are rare, but I can farm them. I can't farm rubies.

Ah, okay. I guess I'll try to raise her evasion more.
You can actually enchant S ranks using Cs. They are cheap and come aplenty haha.

And yeah, a couple of A's and then switching to Bs is the best way to upgrade S ranks.

wapplew

Why you all so lucky?
I'm on my 6th SSS, none of them are hero class...
I should quit this game.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

She was the second SSS I maxed. She is very powerful. Definitely worth maxing.

Ventara

You can actually enchant S ranks using Cs. They are cheap and come aplenty haha.

And yeah, a couple of A's and then switching to Bs is the best way to upgrade S ranks.

I think I'll do that. 3% failure bonus is not bad at all.

Also, I should have held off on enhancing. I don't have the resources for it. For now, I think it's best to build more SS units, and once I have a team of SSS units, then would it be a good time to start enhancing.

D'oh. Still no SS Healer Viri. Got SS Dark Lance instead. I already have an SS Abyss King though.

I can see this replacing my S Geranger for Labyrinth runs.

Punisher Rabit
Punisher Roq
Captain Idun

Hate to say it, but I can't even think of a worse fuckup. Priests are in short supply but the most essential member of your team, and it will likely be a very long time -- if ever -- before you can replace Ranran

Yaari

I hope I will be able to run Myth Daily soon. I'm struggling to get better equipment. I think my Rogue could deal twice the damage if only I found proper weapons for him. Im using level 45 swords.

I hope I will be able to run Myth Daily soon. I'm struggling to get better equipment. I think my Rogue could deal twice the damage if only I found proper weapons for him. Im using level 45 swords.

Funny that you should say this. I don't have a Rogue character but I keep getting knives from my Deathcrown (Legendary) and Storm Tyrant (Myth) raids. All I want is some armor from these bastards.

Kalavaras

Banned
How can you save tons of rubies, Im way too tempted to summon once I have 55 lol.

The top ranks in arena seems to require crazy amount of points. I guess Im happy at 3.5%. How do you refresh your enemies?

aranth

Is it crazy that I'm thinking about combining my spare C units into B? I'm almost at the ally cap and I really need B to enhance my SS units, yet I keep getting C with friend points or plain drops.

wapplew

Is it crazy that I'm thinking about combining my spare C units into B? I'm almost at the ally cap and I really need B to enhance my SS units, yet I keep getting C with friend points or plain drops.

I combine them all the time, it's great.

Yaari

Hmm, what's the max for a C? +3?
I never did it but perhaps it could be worth it when working with SS, rather than blowing through an endless amount of C's hoping to get lucky.

It's nice when you get a succes with 10% using a C on the SS, but that doesn't happen too often and it can get quite expensive.

commish

I know this is common sense, but everyone should be maxing out rapport for all their characters. You can get so many rubies. I've received hundreds of rubies so far. And it's so easy to max out rapport. It only takes 3 or so runs to max out a character.

Ventara

It's not a bad idea, but I'd only do it if I'm running out of room for allies. As much as I need Bs, 8 Cs are still worth more.

I know this is common sense, but everyone should be maxing out rapport for all their characters. You can get so many rubies. I've received hundreds of rubies so far. And it's so easy to max out rapport. It only takes 3 or so runs to max out a character.

Yup. I think I have all As and Bs mastered at this point. Gonna start mastering Cs this weekend.

Top Bottom