• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Whizkid7

I know this is common sense, but everyone should be maxing out rapport for all their characters. You can get so many rubies. I've received hundreds of rubies so far. And it's so easy to max out rapport. It only takes 3 or so runs to max out a character.

I haven't done it for any of my Cs, but all my As have been getting max rapport at least. I should start working on Bs when I get them...

Also, I pulled Red Snow from the login ticket; I can see why the later versions of her are so good. Might keep her around anyway as an arena helper.

Sciel

5d3b890ae1.jpg

Enough to get Top 50 hopefully fml.

Ventara

Enough to get Top 50 hopefully fml.

Top 0.1%! Damn, that's impressive.

Anyways, I've been thinking of the ideal enhancing setup and came with this.

S - Just Cs
SS - 1 A, 4 Bs, then all Cs
SSS - 1 S, 4 As, then all Bs

I think it's a decent setup. I won't have to spend any rubies creating SSS (or at the very least, very little). Bs will still be in short supply, but not any more so than it is currently. SSS will still be super expensive, though. No way to get around that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Top 0.1%! Damn, that's impressive.

Anyways, I've been thinking of the ideal enhancing setup and came with this.

S - Just Cs
SS - 1 A, 4 Bs, then all Cs
SSS - 1 S, 4 As, then all Bs

I think it's a decent setup. I won't have to spend any rubies creating SSS (or at the very least, very little). Bs will still be in short supply, but not any more so than it is currently. SSS will still be super expensive, though. No way to get around that.

For SSS, I use two S, then an A, then Bs. Otherwise the same as you unless I'm close to max'ing and combining. Then I can't help using whatever I have because I want to combine asap!

Ventara

For SSS, I use two S, then an A, then Bs. Otherwise the same as you unless I'm close to max'ing and combining. Then I can't help using whatever I have because I want to combine asap!

For me, the only source of S units are premium summons (I have terrible luck), and I usually pull 4 S for every 500 rubies. I think stretching them out is a better idea. You'll still get a similar failure bonus (2S+1A =21% vs 1S+4A=20%). I guess it depends on if you can spare 3 As or 1 S.

KimChi

I hope I will be able to run Myth Daily soon. I'm struggling to get better equipment. I think my Rogue could deal twice the damage if only I found proper weapons for him. Im using level 45 swords.

Same for me damage wise on my rogue :/ I've been farming storm tyrant to gear up allies and i've picked at least 10 of the daggers and none had any crit damage >.>, my rogue only hits like 8k on crits. In raids with other rogues i've seen some hit 25k on crits.

commish

For me, the only source of S units are premium summons (I have terrible luck), and I usually pull 4 S for every 500 rubies. I think stretching them out is a better idea. You'll still get a similar failure bonus (2S+1A =21% vs 1S+4A=20%). I guess it depends on if you can spare 3 As or 1 S.

Yeah it just comes down to how many Ss or As you have. I'm out of Ss right now, and none of my SSSs are max, so I'll probably have to drop to one S per.

Ventara

Woo, made it to Floor 23 in the Labyrinth. 3 more and I can skip this long process.

How could you get all the best ally in the game?

Seeing as he has most of them at Max+, he probably had quite a few duds. It's all about enhancing those SS and creating SSS and waiting for that good one.

commish

Woo, made it to Floor 23 in the Labyrinth. 3 more and I can skip this long process.

Seeing as he has most of them at Max+, he probably had quite a few duds. It's all about enhancing those SS and creating SSS and waiting for that good one.

Hate to burst your bubble, but I still start from the first floor instead of floor 25 :p It's just more value starting from 1.

commish

Ah, damn. How much gold do you get from Floor 1 vs floor 25?

Starting from floor 1 I get 17k or so, and starting from floor 25 I get maybe 12k? 13k? On average, without using any scrolls. Just auto-attacking. But starting from 25 is a lot faster, for sure, maybe 1/3rd the time. Starting on 25 might be better if my team was stronger. But overall, at double the cost, I'm not seeing double the gold.

Sciel

I had a lucky streak during combining where i got

Mercedes -> Pitch (ok this is shit)-> Gram -> Porin -> Brightspark (Rebirth Konfi) -> Loki

I've also been veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fortunate to get some SSS rank fodder (1x Gnolls, 2x Konfi, 1x Urk) from my premium summons. (Yes i know some people have never gotten one). Any other SSS ranks that i don't want to keep go towards upgrading my core team.

I have spent some $ on this game but nothing excessive really.

Ventara

Starting from floor 1 I get 17k or so, and starting from floor 25 I get maybe 12k? 13k? On average, without using any scrolls. Just auto-attacking. But starting from 25 is a lot faster, for sure, maybe 1/3rd the time. Starting on 25 might be better if my team was stronger. But overall, at double the cost, I'm not seeing double the gold.

So you'd get about 1/3 of the gold starting at 25 if you had started at 1 twice? That really sucks. Guess I'll stick to starting from floor 1 regardless of if I make it to floor 26 or not.

Mercedes -> Pitch (ok this is shit)-> Gram -> Porin -> Brightspark (Rebirth Konfi) -> Loki

I've also been veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fortunate to get some SSS rank fodder (1x Gnolls, 2x Konfi, 1x Urk) from my premium summons. (Yes i know some people have never gotten one). Any other SSS ranks that i don't want to keep go towards upgrading my core team.

That is some serious luck. I thought you just combined for a lot of SSS (which you still do), but pulling 4 SSS from premium summons? Getting Mercedes, Porin, Gram and Loki in your 6 combines? And then Brightspark in a rebirth? What God do you worship, because I need to build an altar?

wapplew

This is depressing.
No mater how much time I spend in this game, I still can't match the lucky few...
7 SSS I combine, 6 trash tier one dupe of trash, everyone I know got atleast one or two hero class just with 4 combine.

sensui-tomo

He just needs a Belle Snow to make that team ridiculous. Seriously, Belle Snow is OP with that summon an SSS rank, the worst thing i've seen summon is GAR i think (white wolf guy with helmet?) and usually I have every hero summoned (with few exceptions Quen caberra (whom can be summoned while i have her in my party) and generally get the 2 top priests every now and then. I'd only like to know what stats help belle snow (survivability is easy, STA/ EVA/ DEF ) BTW I saw someone rebirth into a Dark Gnoll... i'd feel so bad for the person that happens to.

Ventara

This is depressing.
No mater how much time I spend in this game, I still can't match the lucky few...
7 SSS I combine, 6 trash tier one dupe of trash, everyone I know got atleast one or two hero class just with 4 combine.

Think of it this way. Once you have a top 5 team of SSS units, you'll need 25 SSS fodder to get them to +Ultimate.

BTW I saw someone rebirth into a Dark Gnoll... i'd feel so bad for the person that happens to.

That really sucks. No one should ever use rebirth. Absolutely no reason to, other than to take one unit out of the pool of possible choices. It's way too costly.

wapplew

Think of it this way. Once you have a top 5 team of SSS units, you'll need 25 SSS fodder to get them to +Ultimate.

But I'm way behind everyone cause my ally sucks, I'll be low rank in any event, get low ruby, the snowball keep rolling.
Plus no one want to party me to guild battle with those ally...

ZoronMaro

But I'm way behind everyone cause my ally sucks, I'll be low rank in any event, get low ruby, the snowball keep rolling.
Plus no one want to party me to guild battle with those ally...

It's okay, I'm still using Nian cause I've yet to get any AoE healer better than A rank (I don't need Shabelle I just want an S rank dammit). As long as I do slightly better in the events every week I figure I'm making progress, although I imagine that progress will get slower and slower the closer I get to the top. For now though I'm having fun with the stupid Skinner boxes.

aranth

db21prwy.png

This game toys with me, I'm quite sure of it now. After a million Junglefury attempts, many of 'em failed cause there is no priest and my cheapskate partners skimp on using scrolls, I decided to go mad and buy the extra loot roll. And that happened.

I'll go buy some lotto tickets now.

Whizkid7

Okay, seriously, whoever decided that blue rewards can still exist when you score SS in a raid needs to be cursed to summon Gnolls for the rest of their game time.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
db21prwy.png

This game toys with me, I'm quite sure of it now. After a million Junglefury attempts, many of 'em failed cause there is no priest and my cheapskate partners skimp on using scrolls, I decided to go mad and buy the extra loot roll. And that happened.

I've often found myself being the guy on the left, only with a blue item. *shrugs*

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?

What emulator is that? Currently trying out bluestacks and the ads downloading everyday are annoying

Pejo

So i'm nowhere near the rest of you guys in team capacity or capabilities, but I'm still enjoying the game. I gave up trying to break the top 10% on PVP, so as long as I stay within top 20% this week i'm ok with it. I finally get my PVP costume tomorrow morning no matter what.

I combined for my very first SSS yesterday, got Dark Marble Pearla. She seems ok, and it adds significant AoE to my team, which was severely lacking. Not as excited as I'd have been with Gram or Belle Snow or Mercedes, but at least it wasn't a crappy single target archer or something. I still haven't touched my cache of rubies, i'm over 2300 now. Still holding out for that guaranteed SSS update.

Meanwhile, my girlfriend started playing, and randomly pulled a SSS rogue out of the rubies pulls, mainly because she has incredible luck, and I have zero.

I'm level 50 on my Rogue now, and slowly working my way through Legendary, currently in the desert. This game is nice and leisurely as long as you don't stress about being in those top % categories for everything.

commish

Not sure if I should ultimate my Porin or wait for the other top 2 healers. Same with my Patta.

I spent a lot of time reading up on Patta and comparing him to other tanks. Apparently he's near the top, so I would (and am) taking him all the way up to ultimate. Not sure about Porin though. Have no experience with him. Considering how rare healers can be, I probably would.

If you can't beat them, join them. That's what I'm doing. Gonna finish Hero tonight and get started on Legend for my rogue.

Yesterday I was farming the last boss of the game on Myth, and it was just a group of 4 rogues bursting the boss down before he could summon a single add. No healing. Just straight up DPS. Not sure what point the other classes have when rogues can do this without healing or tanking. At least for main characters. Tank/healing allies are def necessary.

sensui-tomo

Rebirthed my Percy.

Got Karang. :(

ouch, only one i'm gonna rebirth(if that, might just keep him as a max+ material) is dark gnoll, then by tiers pearla... everyone else is higher than her.
Re-applied for the guild, the other guild got me a costume, but it went down south so quick. Now that i have good stuff i can actively help this clan with guild battles.

Yaari

Yeah I wish our guild would do more guild battles though. It's really not that difficult to do well, and we could easily get a nice ranking. But many people don't even try.

Einbroch

Banned
Yeah I wish our guild would do more guild battles though. It's really not that difficult to do well, and we could easily get a nice ranking. But many people don't even try.

Because the only people that do it are 54+ and have amazing allies, and even if you do decide to queue up, sometimes you won't find someone for 15 minutes. There's a reason why the arena is so popular and GBs aren't.

Top Bottom