• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Einbroch

Banned
Rebirthed my Percy into Karang.

I already fucking have Karang.

I only have three other SSS's, I just got a dupe. I mean, Out of 36 SSS, it couldn't be three. And I got one. Yeah, I think I'm done. Less than 9% chance of that happening, and it did.

Wasted so many premium summons and time getting an SSS, then getting it maxed, then rebirthing it into a literally useless ally. Not even a garbage tier, can't even use it.

I'm out. Was fun while it lasted. Onto the next game.

JigsawX

I only have three other SSS's, I just got a dupe. I mean, Out of 36 SSS, it couldn't be three. And I got one. Yeah, I think I'm done. Less than 9% chance of that happening, and it did.

Wasted so many premium summons and time getting an SSS, then getting it maxed, then rebirthing it into a literally useless ally. Not even a garbage tier, can't even use it.

Sad to see you go

JigsawX

I think I'm doing the wrong normal dungeon or something for this Buff. Was trying to Farm Myth Landing Guardian for the SSS piece but so far 0 out of 100 shoes and only like 5 allies.

Yaari

Finally back.

I combined 2 SS for a next SSS, both were Healer Unity. Lol.
Hopefully the actual SSS is something useful. I've gotten 80% of the shit tier characters.

Edit: Healer Unity and Healer Unity turned into Healer Konfi. Is that a coincidence or what, jeez. Shit tier again too, lol.

Edit2: Here's what I gotten;

Tier1: 0
Tier2: Dark Priest Porin, Captain Turq
Tier3: 0
Tier 4: Healer Konfi, Gar, Captain Freya, Ranger Kay, Ranger Ur.

Just missing Rar, Pitch and Gnarl, and I've been handed EVERY Tier 4 in the game.
Quite unfair, but I won't give up just yet. It does get more difficult to make a new SSS every time though.

Yaari

Yeah I'm going to try the EU server for a bit to see if the lag is any better. The poor luck and the bad draws are not too encouraging. I hate that sometimes it takes 30 seconds to find myself already dead.

Plus I had the increased Ally event occur from 6 AM til 9 AM. Screw that.

I like playing with you guys but those timezones will piss me off sooner than later.

zanyu

Just a random tip. Save all your gold+ accessories.

I put on two gold accessories, and I make 5-6k gold per minute on a dungeon run.

A 5 minute lab run I make 15-18k.

Dungeons give me gear to sell and fodder every once in awhile. I regret that I got rid of my gold accessories from level 50.

If I wear full gold, equip allies and get the rogues with the gold passive, I could see myself farming 9k a minute.

Yaari

Bleh the DBEUTRAILER2015 code expired, that kills my rerolling for a SS like I did last time.

Edit: Not going to bother if I can't reroll.

garath

Yeah I'm going to try the EU server for a bit to see if the lag is any better. The poor luck and the bad draws are not too encouraging. I hate that sometimes it takes 30 seconds to find myself already dead.

Plus I had the increased Ally event occur from 6 AM til 9 AM. Screw that.

I like playing with you guys but those timezones will piss me off sooner than later.

The increased ally thing was 12am for me on the east coast of the US. It wasn't a friendly time for me either :/ I'm actually up at 6. That would have been better lol

Yaari

The increased ally thing was 12am for me on the east coast of the US. It wasn't a friendly time for me either :/ I'm actually up at 6. That would have been better lol

I guess the biggest factor is the lag. Sometimes its really annoying.

Oh well, I'll stick around for now. Seeing how much progress I'd lose by starting over, it is not worth it. It is just annoying that I've been handed so much shit with my SSS's. This game isn't skill based at all you just need luck. Or money.

Hopefully my next SSS is something that I can atleast use in an endteam. I still got like 30 S's because I refuse to go nuts and use them inefficiently.

JigsawX

Oh well, I'll stick around for now. Seeing how much progress I'd lose by starting over, it is not worth it. It is just annoying that I've been handed so much shit with my SSS's. This game isn't skill based at all you just need luck. Or money.

Hopefully my next SSS is something that I can atleast use in an endteam. I still got like 30 S's because I refuse to go nuts and use them inefficiently.

Hold strong! I'm putting off making one of my team Ultimate until I see what my next 2 SSS are, Though starting to feel the effect of doing that in the arena, Went from perfect record to about 10 loses total now.

Yaari

Hold strong! I'm putting off making one of my team Ultimate until I see what my next 2 SSS are, Though starting to feel the effect of doing that in the arena, Went from perfect record to about 10 loses total now.

Yeah you are really high up there. Has to get increasingly more difficult as people catch up. Hope you can maintain the spot

PS: If anyone has a duplicate card, ever tried to combine 2 of the same? I really want to know if there's anything to combining the same card and getting the next stage of it as a result. I don't want to believe I got Healer Unity x2 -> Healer Konfi by pure concidence.

JigsawX

Yeah you are really high up there. Has to get increasingly more difficult as people catch up. Hope you can maintain the spot

PS: If anyone has a duplicate card, ever tried to combine 2 of the same? I really want to know if there's anything to combining the same card and getting the next stage of it as a result. I don't want to believe I got Healer Unity x2 -> Healer Konfi by pure concidence.

Wasn't so bad for the first 300 matches. Still fighting / farming the same teams but somehow right now i'm losing because Black snow gets gibbed and I don't have enough dps to power through. Also 5 of my losses have been by rogues just DoDing my last 3 guys.

Yaari

Yeah my DoD stacks up kills, can't imagine what it does for someone with proper gear.

I wonder who I should use, Gar or Captain Freya, in my open slot. I already have a tank but I figure 2 won't hurt for survivability. Then again a warrior is pretty difficult to kill too.

Ventara

Really hope to see you come back for S2. A bad pull is nothing to quit the game over. Also, rebirthing should not even be considered. More costly than making a new SSS. It should only be done when the game gets updated and even top tier guys get replaced.

Einbroch

Banned
Really hope to see you come back for S2. A bad pull is nothing to quit the game over. Also, rebirthing should not even be considered. More costly than making a new SSS. It should only be done when the game gets updated and even top tier guys get replaced.

It's more than just a bad pull. I now have an empty spot on my team. I was so close to beating Myth, now it's gonna be at least another month before I get close. This isn't just a sidegrade or even a downgrade, I just handicapped myself incredibly hard.

The game is rich-get-richer to the max. Top 1% will never, ever be caught up to. It's just impossible. Why they thought giving premium currency to the best people made sense, I dunno. Because of this in combination with my setback, I won't even get 10% in the arena, and thus, I will fall further and further behind.

Like I said, it was a lot of fun, but the game has a few major issues. Getting duplicates from Rebirth is so backwards. I think I even said the same thing a few weeks before this happened. Well, it happened, and it's not fun. Regressing 1+ month from a single click on an 8% chance is soul crushing. I'd rather not go through that again.

I mean, really, what am I supposed to do with this useless unit? It's 1000+ rubies, 500k+ gold, and a month of time just wasted. The only thing to do is to rebirth it, and lol we all know how that went.

Ventara

It's more than just a bad pull. I now have an empty spot on my team. I was so close to beating Myth, now it's gonna be at least another month before I get close. This isn't just a sidegrade or even a downgrade, I just handicapped myself incredibly hard.

The game is rich-get-richer to the max. Top 1% will never, ever be caught up to. It's just impossible. Why they thought giving premium currency to the best people made sense, I dunno. Because of this in combination with my setback, I won't even get 10% in the arena, and thus, I will fall further and further behind.

Like I said, it was a lot of fun, but the game has a few major issues. Getting duplicates from Rebirth is so backwards. I think I even said the same thing a few weeks before this happened. Well, it happened, and it's not fun. Regressing 1+ month from a single click on an 8% chance is soul crushing. I'd rather not go through that again.

Dude, I think you're HIGHLY exaggerating how bad that one move cost you. Yes, you lost one of your main team (that was a bad move. You're a veteran of this game; should've known better.), but you can recover. Getting an SSS in this game is actually really easy (enhancing them, that's a whole different story).

And you don't need to be top 1% to enjoy this game. The ruby flow from top 10% is definitely enough, and trust me, you can make top 10%. Believe it or not, my crappy team might actually make top 5% this week. Start early and you'll be golden.

I know this game can be disappointing at times with bad pulls, but if you're looking at a pull and hoping to get lucky, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. This game is about building up your team bit by bit, and there's a lot of enjoyment to be had there.

I mean, really, what am I supposed to do with this useless unit? It's 1000+ rubies, 500k+ gold, and a month of time just wasted. The only thing to do is to rebirth it, and lol we all know how that went.

Put it aside and forget about it. There will come a time when you'll need it to build an Ultimate unit.

Einbroch

Banned
There's a really, really big difference in "pulling in the hopes of getting lucky" and "pulling with a 92% chance of at least getting something as good as you have" when you have a C-tier unit.

I'm mad, I'm pissed, I'm all that. I'll log in daily to keep that going, but I need time away to decide if I want to deal with it anymore.

Uthred

Decided to respec my Rogue, the results have been...largely unnoticeable ;). Went from 2|10U|2 & 10|0|1|7 to 1|10U|5 & 10|0|5|5. I wanted to even out the passives as I felt I was sort of hitting diminishing returns due to gear and I constantly regretted bumping Hidden Blades to 2. Stuck around 5% in Arena, seems to be all top tier 4 SSS teams now.

Ventara

There's a really, really big difference in "pulling in the hopes of getting lucky" and "pulling with a 92% chance of at least getting something as good as you have" when you have a C-tier unit.

1% or 99%, it wasn't a sure thing. You gambled with your main team and got burned. As I mentioned, this game is about building your team, not risking it on a gamble.

And it was a 21% chance that you'd get something worse. 45% chance you would've gotten something equal or worse. 55% chance you would've gotten something better.

I'm mad, I'm pissed, I'm all that. I'll log in daily to keep that going, but I need time away to decide if I want to deal with it anymore.

That's perfectly understandable and a smart choice. Cool your head off and I'm sure you'll see this game does offer something fun to keep you going. That, or you'll find a new game. But hey, at least you'll have a pool of rubies when S2 hits if you do the daily and weekly quests.\

Decided to respec my Rogue, the results have been...largely unnoticeable ;). Went from 2|10U|2 & 10|0|1|7 to 1|10U|5 & 10|0|5|5. I wanted to even out the passives as I felt I was sort of hitting diminishing returns due to gear and I constantly regretted bumping Hidden Blades to 2. Stuck around 5% in Arena, seems to be all top tier 4 SSS teams now.

Keep refreshing. They're there. I'm one of them, lol.

Edit: Wow! Almost lost my arena bonus just now. Went up against a tank with 4 S units and Deathcrown. Figured it'd be easy, but nope.

Einbroch

Banned
Sorry if I lashed out. I'm just mad. It's upsetting seeing all these people pull amazing units, combine for amazing units, get lucky with drops, etc without even spending any money. And then when you think you might actually get an SSS DPS worth a damn, you get set back a month.

Takes it out of you.

Ventara

Yes! Legend Gram on my alt is down! Time for that quality Myth experience.

Sorry if I lashed out. I'm just mad. It's upsetting seeing all these people pull amazing units, combine for amazing units, get lucky with drops, etc without even spending any money. And then when you think you might actually get an SSS DPS worth a damn, you get set back a month.

Takes it out of you.

I feel you there. Try as I might, I can't help but hope I might get an SSS whenever I'm doing a pull.

But at the same time, the SS units I'm currently using were all built up from A units. It's a good feeling seeing how far you've come from the humble beginnings.

Takes it out of you.

I know you commented on my combine right before you had your bad luck. If it makes you feel any better, i paid for that Deathcrown. Sure, i got lucky in getting something good, but it still wasn't exactly free

ACSwift

5hvWCnj.jpg

zanyu

Not trying to be a dick, but why would you rebirth when you have the option for limit break?

I understand that hey if you're at +6 or something, you can just get 2 more enhances and get a new SSS, but you are more likely to get shit over the OP SSS allies.

Personally I would always consider limit break > rebirth.

I do understand you have an underwhelming ally and you want a chance at a good one, but the chance at a "good" ally is so slim, I would rather keep buffing my current team and making new SSS from SS combines since those are cheaper (imo).

Chaos17

Also the Ally rate, doesn't feel different at all right now

I've to disagree, I was able to loot 19 allies in 1 hours and half on 40 tries (on the ivory lake first map) when we had that bonus on EU server. Same for the drop items dungeons rate, I loot a lot more trash than usual when that buff is up.

The bonus that I'm feeling the most is the raid drop item, I do loot more epics or red when it's up.

JigsawX

I've to disagree, I was able to loot 19 allies in 1 hours and half on 40 tries (on the ivory lake first map) when we had that bonus on EU server. Same for the drop items dungeons rate, I loot a lot more trash than usual when that buff is up.

The bonus that I'm feeling the most is the raid drop item, I do loot more epics or red when it's up.

I'm guessing Myth difficulty also?

Spent Another 130 tickets on Myth Landing and my total allies was about 18. I generally get 3 allies per 30 shoes which is the average w/o the buff up. So I was beating the average but not even close to what other people have reported. Bad RNG 2 days in a row makes me sad or Landing is just not a good choice for some reason.

Kalavaras

Banned
Well that was a bit anticlimactic. The final levels of The Fortress on myth were a pain in the ass but Gram took me 2 attempts. I'm okay with this, 280 rubies is lovely and I finally get to do some Deathcrown.

Yaari

Myth Gram was incredibly easy for me as well. Mainly due to the 2 priests I guess.

I think my plan after getting my 3rd character to 55, is to just use the third slot of my account to keep making new characters for the Ruby bonuses you get for doing Raids on new characters. I figure I need to use the Shoes for something.

It won't be quick but it might be worthwhile in the long run.

Deus Deathcrown is pretty ridiculous when rogues get together. Will burn some tickets later hoping to get nice weapons.

garath

Boy I can't combine a decent character for the life of me. Another SS, this time dark knife tiehr. Boo. The best unit I have is viri. That's not saying much. Its quite a grind.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Deus Deathcrown is pretty ridiculous when rogues get together. Will burn some tickets later hoping to get nice weapons.

4 rogues makes it brainless. Dies before he summons helpers.

Finally was able to combine for a viri priest. RIP ranran.

goober

I combined two Captain Iduns into Freyd. So idk.

Top Bottom