• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Ventara

I just got my second SS and it's a priest but I don't needed it...

I need another SS priest so badly. Unity just isn't doing it anymore. I recently combined for my 9th SS and got Captain Tirud. At least I have a prime candidate for my nest SSS.

Chaos17

I need another SS priest so badly. Unity just isn't doing it anymore. I recently combined for my 9th SS and got Captain Tirud. At least I have a prime candidate for my nest SSS.

This game should allow friends to exchange allies XD

Edit : well, I can still try to level up the priest and see how it goes... since I got my frist 3 SSS maybe it will be better than it was with Raran a com with 2 priests (me included).

Yaari

I just got my second SS and it's a priest but I don't needed it...

I might gonna reroll DPS, since I'm lacking dps to advance in Myth *sad*

Depends on what priest it is I guess. There's bad ones at SS too. I made the best progress once I started using 2 priests.

Chaos17

Depends on what priest it is I guess. There's bad ones at SS too. I made the best progress once I started using 2 priests.

I got Dark breath, I think she is Tier 1 so I was really lucky to get her.
So yeah, I will try to level up her and equip her and see how things will go against Bran.
While I will continue to try to combine again but it will take a while.

vcv4NdS.png

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Any lvl 55 priests I can add to help beat mythic gram before the bonus ends. I need sustainability since DPS ally gets melted

Yaari

Gotta get some Guild Battles in later on. I'm still on 0 points. All the tickets went to Deathcrown but unfortunately even on 100% drop increase, I didn't get much to show for it.

goober

Gotta get some Guild Battles in later on. I'm still on 0 points. All the tickets went to Deathcrown but unfortunately even on 100% drop increase, I didn't get much to show for it.

I haven't gotten any SSS items the last couple days the buff has been up. Sucks.

Chaos17

Noooooooooooooooooooooo.
I should've not been tempted to use all my 490 rubies to get a new SS.
Because I got the SAME PRIEST AGAIN!!!!!!!

272.gif

Yaari

Noooooooooooooooooooooo.

272.gif

Lol .. wow. Well, at least it's a SS and now an SSS so they can still serve a great purpose. I understand when people get upset with SS but I personally look at them as nothing more than fodder. I'll only ever get disappointed when I get screwed with my SSS haha.

But did you pull it or you just used rubies to combine your way to a new SS?

zanyu

Noooooooooooooooooooooo.

Wait are you using your A's on your S units to get SS?

You should only use C maybe 1-2 A for the last upgrades.

Chaos17

Lol .. wow. Well, at least it's a SS and now an SSS so they can still serve a great purpose. I understand when people get upset with SS but I personally look at them as nothing more than fodder. I'll only ever get disappointed when I get screwed with my SSS haha.

But did you pull it or you just used rubies to combine your way to a new SS?

Last option .·´¯`(>&#9602;<)´¯`·.

Wait are you using your A's on your S units to get SS?

You should only use C maybe 1-2 A for the last upgrades.

I was getting impatient to get a new DPS because it has been like 1 week that I'm stuck in Legend.
I know now it was wrong. &#3900; &#3854;&#3766; &#3572; &#3854;&#3766;&#3901;

Ventara

Noooooooooooooooooooooo.

272.gif

Last option .·´¯`(>&#9602;<)´¯`·.

I was getting impatient to get a new DPS because it has been like 1 week that I'm stuck in Legend.
I know now it was wrong. &#3900; &#3854;&#3766; &#3572; &#3854;&#3766;&#3901;

You used 19 As to get an SS unit? "Noooo" is right.

Edit: Since you have 2 of the same SS, test it out for us by combining them and see if you get it's SSS variant.

Yaari

It can be done with C's or B's too, I guess. But nobody really wants to be wasting time combining them, lol.

It would be some useful data though, but I'm sure if its possible, we'd have heard about it from the Korea servers or something.

It's just weird that it seemed to work for me.

Chaos17

It can be done with C's or B's too, I guess. But nobody really wants to be wasting time combining them, lol.

It would be some useful data though, but I'm sure if its possible, we'd have heard about it from the Korea servers or something.

What did you combine and what did you got ?

Yaari

What did you combine and what did you got ?

I put Healer Unity + Healer Unity = Healer Konfi.

People say its not possible, I believe them. I do wonder if there's data on it because I'd like to hear if anyone actually been testing it.

Uthred

Combined Mage Veril and Ranger Disty and got Dark Knife Freyd, which I think is an upgrade? Probably going to replace Karang with her as all the tier guides at least agree she's better than him.

I combined 2 identical S priests and got an SS ranger. Just as 1 datapoint

Bah. Did a combine and got SS Archer U-GH-K

He's supposed to be shit-tier but his skills are kind of on the side of instant-kills.

Now to decide if I should spend rubies to make a Rogue, open the 3rd battle item slot on my Mage, or save my rubies for the premium ally slot machine.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't think max+4 ranran would be better than an SS Viri or SSS Shabelle/Mercedes.

An S unit doesn't seem to have the base stats to allow them to overpower its upper class analog.

You act like it's an option :) most of us don't have viri or sss healer

Ventara

Finally got my Rogue to LV 50 and equipped him with whatever Buster armor I had. He does pretty well now. I think I might switch to him as my main.

He's supposed to be shit-tier but his skills are kind of on the side of instant-kills.

Now to decide if I should spend rubies to make a Rogue, open the 3rd battle item slot on my Mage, or save my rubies for the premium ally slot machine.

Archer Uk is actually pretty good. Better than my Archer Aena who is supposed to be top tier SS. He still has a spot on my team as the fifth member.

I say go for Rogue. Everyone should if they didn't start with one. Though you should have your third battle slot for your Mage unlocked anyways. The summons are just gonna give you A fodder.

I dunno what the hell is the S-rank ally tier, but I've been playing this game pretty much daily, and I have a bunch of S-ranks, no SS-rank yet. Not sure how the rest of my current party fares, but Priest Ranran has pretty much been a lifesaver for me so far. I've also got Dark Arrow Ritra, Dark Marble Lyn and Hunter Allura in my party.

The rest of my S-ranks are Shaman Captiva, Dopey Dark Porto, Sorcerer Mobid, Range Horn Bat, Red Gnarl, Abyss Breath and Happy Dark Porto. Yeah, I have a few S-ranks to spare. I want to combine the ones I'm not using, but the main problem is getting the gold for it.

As for my progress, I'm currently stuck on Gram in normal mode, mainly because he's several levels above me, the fact that he has a second phase means I can't use higher level friend summons to get around that since the summon expires during the cutscene.

Uthred

Anybody running a high level sheep build? I know Meteor gets a boost in S2 (whenever we get it) but sheep appeals for some reason

Edit: Yay, got the last garbage tier SS I was missing, now I've a full set!

JigsawX

still in disbelief that I beat this with this crummy party. Let's see if the game can still keep me around until season 2 starts

Well Rogue = strongest class right now
Ranran - Solid Healer
Black Snow - Easily one of the best SS, can compete with most low SSS's
Bright Spark - One of the top SSS
King - Weakest one but tank is a tank!

niosh

Banned

Some of you guys would enjoy the game a lot more if you didn't study those tier lists so religiously and actually try out the allies you get. SS Archer Uk and his SSS variant both wreck shit. How well an ally works with your group depends on the rest of your party.

Yes, some allies seem to border on "god tier", but that doesnt make everything else shit -_-

Yaari

Anyone up for some guild battles, I really need to burn through my tickets and score some points. Any level will do.

You act like it's an option :) most of us don't have viri or sss healer

I still DON'T HAVE a Viri nor a Shabelle even though I could really use one right now.

Finally got my Rogue to LV 50 and equipped him with whatever Buster armor I had. He does pretty well now. I think I might switch to him as my main.

Archer Uk is actually pretty good. Better than my Archer Aena who is supposed to be top tier SS. He still has a spot on my team as the fifth member.

I say go for Rogue. Everyone should if they didn't start with one. Though you should have your third battle slot for your Mage unlocked anyways. The summons are just gonna give you A fodder.

I think his 2 single target OHK skills are good. Problem is, I don't have any decent equipment for him.

Some of you guys would enjoy the game a lot more if you didn't study those tier lists so religiously and actually try out the allies you get. SS Archer Uk and his SSS variant both wreck shit. How well an ally works with your group depends on the rest of your party.

Yes, some allies seem to border on "god tier", but that doesnt make everything else shit -_-

I am particularly annoyed with Uk and now Arit exactly because I don't have any decent equipment for them. What I had was already equipped on SS Archer Veri just before I got Uk and then Arit. Since I just got Arit, I have no idea what his skills are because I am drowning in red and yellow equipment that cannot be used by Archers. It would be a completely different matter if I got a Rogue SS unit since I do have equipment for Rogues that I've been saving for my own Rogue character.

Given my luck with this fucking game, I'll be getting tons of swords, shields, and daggers but no armor or bows or quivers. Even if I do get something useful for my deck, it has shit attributes that make the equipment somewhat useless. For example, STR is useless to both Rogues and Archers, and yet the Fury armor that I just got has STR and DEX attributes.

This would not be an issue if the raid RNG would just get rid of blue equipment completely. Scoring an SS ranking in a raid and yet everyone gets a blue while the ruby box features a purple is all sorts of "fuck you" to the people playing this fucking game.

EDIT:
Also, I HAVE mentioned that my prior 2 combines were duplicates of SS Archer Veri. I have one main Veri and 2 spares that I haven't done anything with.

goober

This is truth! What's the point of having high-tier tanks if you're a tank yourself? No DPS is still shitty, especially when the mobs' attack increases after a certain amount of time has passed if you haven't killed them.

Now I'm talking about adventure mode. The high-tier tanks are still useful in Lab.

I probably need to enhance some of my tanks then since I still can't break the 25 round mark in lab

I just beat it earlier today. For some reason, on my successful run, RNG took me almost all the way. Only had to use 1 scroll. I don't have any tank allies, but my main is a warrior (although with shitty gear)

Goroh

Installed bluestacks since my phone was burning between the game and the summer heat... now i can waste these 200 shoes without melting my battery, yay~

RS4-

Installed bluestacks since my phone was burning between the game and the summer heat... now i can waste these 200 shoes without melting my battery, yay~

The thing that drives me nuts about bluestacks is that it randomly locks up and I have to do a complete PC restart lol.

Cybolt

still in disbelief that I beat this with this crummy party. Let's see if the game can still keep me around until season 2 starts

Congrats on beating Myth! That party is pretty decent actually and your Brightspark and Snow deal out sine serous damage.

zanyu

I honestly hate raiding in this game. By the time you get a piece of gear it's not even stats that you can use. Str, dex, all resist, stam.

I rather use tickets on arena or lab and just only do raids for the dailies.

I'm just wearing it for the set bonus which I'm not even sure is worth using over wearing my level 50 SSS piece.

Ventara

We might get a new update soon (next week somoene on Reddit said).
Source was found on japanese website because it's used post news earlier than global websites.

Contents : a new sss ally, guild battle balance/limits, collection events, and new costumes!

Link : http://blog.gamevil.co.jp/archives/cat_857306.html

Interesting. Can anyone translate the rest of the info at the link? Looks like we're collecting some flower of sorts?

That's pretty amazing. As others have mentioned, Brightspark and Black Snow are pretty amazing, but I'm still surprised you pulled it off with an S tank and healer.

Chaos17

Interesting. Can anyone translate the rest of the info at the link? Looks like we're collecting some flower of sorts?
Yeah, it's an temporay event that will let you collect flowers and with them you will be able to get an accessory (after collecting 100?) or use those flowers in replacement of rubies in some case in the cash shop.

Gamevil seems to do often this kind of event but with different goals for example, one of them is for making a fodder E that can have : 20 or 40 or 100% chance for enhancing.

Top Bottom