• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
no problem, need more ppl to do guild battle and use up my tickets T_T or ill just use em on raids idk.

NA? Invite me to the guild and I have 50 tickets to spend right now

Loomiess, rogue though so cant have 2 rogues on same GB

Yaari

Question. When my weapon says :Add Lightning Damage etc.
Do I benefit as a Rogue from that? Or is that just for skills?

I got a Mythical Blazing Knife but the stats seem poor. But with that said, it is probably the only one I'm getting anytime soon, so I want to use it.

Whizkid7

Third SSS time! Let's see what I get....Pirate King Byron! Awesome. ...Except he's also a tank! Dammit. Who do I have to pray to to get some DPS (I'm already a tank FYI.)

Edit: NEVERMIND, saw his skills and am totally not complaining anymore. A taunt that does damage?! I wish I had that...

Cybolt

Question. When my weapon says :Add Lightning Damage etc.
Do I benefit as a Rogue from that? Or is that just for skills?

I got a Mythical Blazing Knife but the stats seem poor. But with that said, it is probably the only one I'm getting anytime soon, so I want to use it.

From what I understand, it does apply to your attack but the value is added after your damage so it doesn't get bonuses from your crit rate/damage and def pen boosts.

If you want more information and a source, this is a decent read for more information on equipment stats: https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/3arsju/equipment_stats_guide/

Sciel

Have been doing a lot of GB over the past week.

Managed to help guild get to 5% before reset. Hence, I had the chance to get a costume (its random whether you get armor/weapon/cloak skin) ....I got weapon skin......with boss damage....and additional damage.... FML.

Stuff I've learnt over the past week..

1) Sheep Mage is best mage. If your sheep doesn't miss and hits 2+ targets, its almost an instant win provided that your team isn't shit.

2) Arrow Rain Archer is ridiculous in GB. Properly built, they can wtfoneshot your whole team.

3) Porin is the best GB healer. Stick shitloads of immunity and evade on him and watch sheep mages cry.

4) Shabelle is the best Arena sub. You do not want her in your main team since the AI is stupid and will blow the ress C/D immediately.

5) Shabelle + Porin + Sheep Mage + Arrow Rain Archer. With the right equipment / enhancements. You will never lose in GB.

6) Second place goes to Brightspark + Porin + Meteor Mage + Arrow Rain Archer. You will die within seconds if you can't burn down Brightspark in time (Which you won't since she will probably have 25k+ hp).

7) Gram isn't really all that fantastic tbh in GB. I don't use him much (even at MAX+4) and prefer to use Loki. IMO you are better off using a Tank with taunt (Byron, etc).

8) The quotes from the units summoned from Belle Snow's skill "Networking Snow" are hilarious.

9) Mini IMO GB SSS Ally Tier List of WTFIDONTWANTTOFACETHIS(Assuming they aren't with crap eq and sub-25k hp) :

Tank : Byron > Tiel = Gram > Whatever other tank has taunt > Free Kill
DPS : Loki = Fulson = Belle = Caberra > Brightspark = Deathcrown > Turq = Toori > Free Kill
Healer : Porin > Shabelle > Mercedes > Free Kill.

Yaari

Thanks Sciel. Some good info there.

Sheep Mage though, that only good when you have the team for it? As my Mage approaches 55, I might respec to it. But I'm not sure if its worth it when the team i have behind it, isn't really top-notch. What does your build look like?

I do have Porin and I might try to hunt down some EVA or Immunity items to give that a try. Haven't really paid too much attention to those so some might have gone to waste :(.

I do have Turq too, so we'll see. Once my Mage hits 55, its main task will be GB or Arena.

That said, I saw some of these skins. If Turq ever gets a skin, I'll buy it. She looks so stupid in her standard outfit.

Edit: Question; could someone invite my 55 Mage to a Deathcrown Myth raid, and would I be able to get the Reward that way, without actually beating the campaign? That would be nice, rather than skipping out on the final 2 rewards.

Cybolt

Edit: Question; could someone invite my 55 Mage to a Deathcrown Myth raid, and would I be able to get the Reward that way, without actually beating the campaign? That would be nice, rather than skipping out on the final 2 rewards.

Yes, you can get invited to Deathcrown (and Deus Deathcrown) raids even if you have not finished the campaign yet as long as you meet the level requirements (55). It does come in handy if you are having a hard time with the last few stages in the campaign.

KumaJG

Third SSS time! Let's see what I get....Pirate King Byron! Awesome. ...Except he's also a tank! Dammit. Who do I have to pray to to get some DPS (I'm already a tank FYI.)

Edit: NEVERMIND, saw his skills and am totally not complaining anymore. A taunt that does damage?! I wish I had that...

I trade you my dps for a tank...

Yaari

Yes, you can get invited to Deathcrown (and Deus Deathcrown) raids even if you have not finished the campaign yet as long as you meet the level requirements (55). It does come in handy if you are having a hard time with the last few stages in the campaign.

That's great. Hopefully someone can invite my mage when she hits 55. I wont have to leave any rubies behind then.

Ventara

Man, myth really is hard. I can't imagine how much harder the Fortress is. Currently stuck on this lightning mages in the third area.

Anyways, I'm hoping I can hang on to the top 5% for Arena today. I just can't seem to pull in any more wins.

Whizkid7

Man, myth really is hard. I can't imagine how much harder the Fortress is. Currently stuck on this lightning mages in the third area.

Anyways, I'm hoping I can hang on to the top 5% for Arena today. I just can't seem to pull in any more wins.

I gave up trying to maintain top 10% and will have to settle for top 20%. Just can't get enough wins any more to keep it up.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I gave up trying to maintain top 10% and will have to settle for top 20%. Just can't get enough wins any more to keep it up.

It's a really big help to get all your fights in within the first day or two of the new arena week. Getting 2000 points on day 6 is so much harder than 2000 points on day 1.

Yaari

Yeah that's very true. I know what I'll be doing next reset. I'm still at 0,0554% and I hardly play Arena anymore because I can't beat anyone at this point. But nobody makes progress fast enough for me to actually lose position.

Pejo

Well I combined for 2 more SS's over the weekend, both duplicates of Ranger Disty and the SS lizard mage, forget his name that I already had. On one hand, it's kinda disappointing. On the other, it's easy to pick which SS's I use as fodder for my next SSS.

Does anyone know when/how often those GM rewards reset? I'd like to wait to combine for my next SSS until i get the 200 rubies if possible.

Yaari

Well I combined for 2 more SS's over the weekend, both duplicates of Ranger Disty and the SS lizard mage, forget his name that I already had. On one hand, it's kinda disappointing. On the other, it's easy to pick which SS's I use as fodder for my next SSS.

Does anyone know when/how often those GM rewards reset? I'd like to wait to combine for my next SSS until i get the 200 rubies if possible.

I think this one resets 7/13? So next week. But then I'm not sure if it will happen again. I personally don't wait for it. One month has been enough to make a new SSS. I've only played a month and I have 6 or 7 already.

I don't mind the duplicates either. As long as it is not a SSS. I don't plan on keeping any SS around, so eventually they will all go.

Pejo

I think this one resets 7/13? So next week. But then I'm not sure if it will happen again. I personally don't wait for it. One month has been enough to make a new SSS. I've only played a month and I have 6 or 7 already.

I don't mind the duplicates either. As long as it is not a SSS. I don't plan on keeping any SS around, so eventually they will all go.

Cool, thanks for the info. I get what you're saying about not waiting, but I'm one of those weirdos saving all my rubies until the guaranteed SSS patch is deployed, and it's causing me to get SSS's way slower than the average user burning rubies. I have been playing since this thread came out and I only have one SSS, haha.

So with as infrequently as I create SSS's, I'd like to get those 200 rubies if possible. If the GM event goes away after the 13th, no big deal but I would rather wait and see.

Whizkid7

It's a really big help to get all your fights in within the first day or two of the new arena week. Getting 2000 points on day 6 is so much harder than 2000 points on day 1.

Yeah, I try to do that but not being max level makes it much harder for me since I have to be even more selective about who I challenge.

Cool, thanks for the info. I get what you're saying about not waiting, but I'm one of those weirdos saving all my rubies until the guaranteed SSS patch is deployed, and it's causing me to get SSS's way slower than the average user burning rubies. I have been playing since this thread came out and I only have one SSS, haha

Well now this has piqued my interest. Care to explain?

Uthred

Those lightning mages are such bullshit

sensui-tomo

season 2 allows when you premium summon that the 27th time nets you a guaranteed SSS unless you pull one from before those times 1-27= 27th an SSS then resets(or will reset if you pull an SSS, basically, it makes guaranteed pulls happen with SS and SSS) i believe.

Sciel

Thanks Sciel. Some good info there.

Sheep Mage though, that only good when you have the team for it? As my Mage approaches 55, I might respec to it. But I'm not sure if its worth it when the team i have behind it, isn't really top-notch. What does your build look like?

I do have Porin and I might try to hunt down some EVA or Immunity items to give that a try. Haven't really paid too much attention to those so some might have gone to waste :(.

I do have Turq too, so we'll see. Once my Mage hits 55, its main task will be GB or Arena.

That said, I saw some of these skins. If Turq ever gets a skin, I'll buy it. She looks so stupid in her standard outfit.

You do lose some fire power when you go Sheep Mage, so yeah a decent team is needed

I'm
1 10 10
0 0 1
1 3 8 1

Porin's main asset is her AoE Cleanse. You can basically nullify any type of crowd control as long as Porin isn't affected by it.

season 2 allows when you premium summon that the 27th time nets you a guaranteed SSS unless you pull one from before those times 1-27= 27th an SSS then resets(or will reset if you pull an SSS, basically, it makes guaranteed pulls happen with SS and SSS) i believe.

Ahhhh, well that's definitely interesting. As a newbie to the game, should I start saving my gems then? I'm almost to 255 again...

sensui-tomo

Ahhhh, well that's definitely interesting. As a newbie to the game, should I start saving my gems then? I'm almost to 255 again...

We have no idea how long it'll be till Season 2 comes out, and there will be more chances to get loads of rubies again (hell its easy for me at the moment) so just use them for (potion/accessory slots for the character and Summons, clothes are easy to get with arena coins ... and you really dont need inventory space as you can make a character for the sake of being a pack mule)

Uthred

We have no idea when we're getting Season 2, it could be months and without using rubies to get fodder to upgrade units you are going to have to get very lucky to make much progress (also its super boring)

KimChi

The lightning mages are so evil, I find the assassins later on to be just as brutal too T_T

Also, sorry I cut out while we were doing guild battle yesterday, my tablet died and had to go out with the family.

Ventara

The lightning mages are so evil, I find the assassins later on to be just as brutal too T_T

Also, sorry I cut out while we were doing guild battle yesterday, my tablet died and had to go out with the family.

Ah, no worries. I actually ran out of tickets, so it worked out perfectly.

Chaos17

My weekly update

Level : 54
Team : 2 Heals (SS), 1 Tank (SS), 2 DPS (SSS & SS)
None maxed.
Mode : Myth

Today, I was able to kill the sub boss before Gram after farming the last week for fodders and level.
My team managed to survive a bit better with maxed equipements and a healer than last week. Most of my allies were able to survive through the room, only my healer (SS) was dying.

So after beating the subboss (knight) I tried Gram to see how my team will survive.
Half of my team died at each pack : healer SS and warrior SSS.
Then Gram just anilated the whole team.
I guess, I'm will have to grind again during a whole week to get my last level and maybe more if I can't manage to max out some SS or get a new SSS.

Gr1afoe.png

EDIT (confirmed) : Default [Maintenance] Scheduled Maintenance - 07/06: 6:00PM ~ 10:00PM PDT

Hello Bodens,

Dragon Blaze will be having a server maintenance to improve the game.
The game will be unavailable during this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Global Schedule
Date: 07/06: 6:00PM ~ 10:00PM PDT
Expected Duration: 4 Hours +

SEA Schedule
Date: 07/07: 9:00 ~ 13:00 SGT

Europe Schedule
Date: 07/07: 3:00AM ~ 7:00AM CEST

Details:
- Add new allies
- Add new items
- Update game contents

This is a global update
See previous page for preview pics from Japan

Pejo

Apparently there's a patch in the Korean version that makes it so that if you haven't drawn a SSS out of ruby pulls in (I think 27 pulls) you are guaranteed to get one on the last pull. This also guarantees you an S after so many, and an SS after so many as well. Once you pull a SSS the counter resets.

That's the way I understand it at least, and that's the assumption I've been going by and the reason i'm saving rubies.

*Edit - Sorry site was lagging, didn't see that someone already responded.

garath

Now I'm getting a sense for how some of you have much more SS and SSS team members than me. I'm finally leveling up an alt and I'm swimming in fodder. I'm getting Cs, Bs and even some As and I clear levels so quick thanks to my 55 team that even getting one every 3-4 levels is fast. I just got 5 Bs in about 10 min. Last night I got through a quarter of hero mode and had enough fodder to max an S and get another to +3 with only Bs and Cs. It's amazing.

Cool, thanks for the info. I get what you're saying about not waiting, but I'm one of those weirdos saving all my rubies until the guaranteed SSS patch is deployed, and it's causing me to get SSS's way slower than the average user burning rubies. I have been playing since this thread came out and I only have one SSS, haha.

So with as infrequently as I create SSS's, I'd like to get those 200 rubies if possible. If the GM event goes away after the 13th, no big deal but I would rather wait and see.
Keep it up, I'm doing the exact same thing and only make SSS and SS units with the GM event bonus. Once the 13th rolls around I'll have 1 SSS and 5 SS units ready to be made instantly. All extra fodder I get before the reset goes into maxing my SSS units.

I currently only have 2 mid tier SSS units but still rank very high on everything every week, even planning to be in top 1% of arena this week. Got around 3,300 rubies saved up and expecting to have 5,000 rubies when season 2 rolls around.

aranth

Meh, another week goes by and again stuck at 1.5% in the arena. Everyone above me has top tier SSS and mostly maxed or near it, so guess this is it until I improve my team.

One thing, how do I get the arena title for my lowbie ranger alt? Do I need to play one arena with her before the reset or is it something else?

Ventara

Meh, another week goes by and again stuck at 1.5% in the arena. Everyone above me has top tier SSS and mostly maxed or near it, so guess this is it until I improve my team.

One thing, how do I get the arena title for my lowbie ranger alt? Do I need to play one arena with her before the reset or is it something else?

Maybe try claiming the reward as your ranger? Not sure, really.

Cybolt

Oh I know it, haha. Can't be helped. I've been running it all day and I'm only at 278 left.

That Claim button needs a confirm. I know what you mean since I've hit it before and had 200+ shoes at once. Suddenly my evening is planned out for me.

So I just combined 2 S archers and got SS Dark Marble Tierh (or how ever you spell her name).

I might have enough equipment to easily make her the most dangerous member of my deck.

I think she can replace my long-time veteran SS Queen Robellia. I will have to rely on Robellia again for Hydra boss.

In case anyone was wondering, it is REALLY hard to spend 350 shoes.

Not really, daily dungeon runs will make that a very profitable endeavor.

I honestly prefer daily dungeon runs more than raids because I don't like dealing with players that are not specced for raids. Ultimate Meteor mages and most zero-accuracy tanks are the worst offenders. I also find it extremely disappointing when Ultimate Aim archers miss 75% of their charged shots even when I have magnified them.

These are Myth level raids, btw.

Top Bottom