• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Azusa

Its been two months since this thread was created. What do you think about this game so far? Does it get boring after months of playing?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Its been two months since this thread was created. What do you think about this game so far? Does it get boring after months of playing?

I still enjoy it quite a bit, more than similar games for a few reasons: first, you don't ever feel the need to spend money. You just don't need to, as many players get a good stream of free rubies just from playing. Second, the game has some social aspects - there's chat, there are group raids, there's live PvP, etc. Third, the game never really requires you to play too much each day in order to "keep up". Some days I play a lot. Some days I don't play much.

Yaari

I play it more then any of the mobile games I played. But its only month 1 for me.
The content updates seem to be frequent. It's very F2P friendly too.

You'll probably like it. Don't expect very involving gameplay though. I love it because I don't have to do anything. I had so many games that required full attention, its time consuming.

I don't have to do much, and I have just as much fun.

Now I'm getting a sense for how some of you have much more SS and SSS team members than me. I'm finally leveling up an alt and I'm swimming in fodder. I'm getting Cs, Bs and even some As and I clear levels so quick thanks to my 55 team that even getting one every 3-4 levels is fast. I just got 5 Bs in about 10 min. Last night I got through a quarter of hero mode and had enough fodder to max an S and get another to +3 with only Bs and Cs. It's amazing.

Tbh that's just luck. That does not happen all too often haha.
But with all the shoes I got lined up, I think I got a good bunch of allies coming my way during that increase.

I'm not sure what my next alt will be. Maybe I'll make a mage just so I don't have to reset mine for 100 Rubies. The idea is to keep the 3th slot to waste shoes on and level new characters with. I mean, eventually all my characters will be 55 and I don't have any room for more. The idea is to stick with 2 characters and keep leveling a new one for rewards, and deleting it when it maxes out. Keeps me playing the game I guess.

commish

Okay guys, going to combine for a new SSS.

FINGERS CROSSED.

If I get a gnoll or a dupe, I quit.

commish

Why didn't I wait until after the update?! Totally didn't think about it, haha. I'm dumb.

Anyway, I got a Freya tank. So far, that's my 4th SSS tank. 5th SSS warrior overall. So frustrating.

Cybolt

I am waiting until next GM event cycle. No point giving up a free 200 rubies if I can avoid it. Also have a new SS waiting to be created.

Don't forget about the login bonuses too. You get a guaranteed SS ally on the 28th and you might get lucky on the 7th, 14th, 21st days too. Means you might need to make less than the 5 SS/1 SSS per month.

Chaos17

Why didn't I wait until after the update?! Totally didn't think about it, haha. I'm dumb.

Anyway, I got a Freya tank. So far, that's my 4th SSS tank. 5th SSS warrior overall. So frustrating.

Yeah, people should wait the update : buy 10 prenium summon and you get 2 free summons (new GM event)
Also, I would've loved to exchange one of your tanks XD

sensui-tomo

Yeah, people should wait the update : buy 10 prenium summon and you get 2 free summons (new GM event)

I loved the last update, my SSS queen Caberra(200 rubies) is what also led me to getting my SS priest Viri (which in turn got me that SS 50 rubies... and i got another SS (50 more)with that so it TOTES be worth it to wait.

Yaari

Cool. Glad I got 700 Rubies lined up then.
Not like I've been very lucky with Premium pulls, but anything helps.

Uthred

People must be hitting arena hard, Ive won some matches but had my standing end as -1

Something I don't understand : when do the GM event for combining a SSS do reset ?

I believe they reset on the 12th, though I wish theyd make one shorter or longer so they reset the same time as login rewards

Ventara

I am already there with the one unit I was going to rebirth.

Unless you already have a full team of maxed SSS, I recommend you make use of that unit. Even a crap SSS at max would be pretty good.

Otherwise, yeah, might as well since you've already raised it.

Ventara

Well, just finished the last of my arena battles for the daily quests. I have 4000 points on the dot. I'll have to hope that it's enough for top 5%.

Whats the unit, because worst case scenario you get Gnolled, Gar'ed, whatevr the golden one is. Rebirth is too risky, never do it, its better spent as a MAX+ sacrifice than rebirth.

If you're going to use it as fodder for MAX+ and it's already maxed anyway, might as well. But don't max it just to rebirth. Sometimes you use someone in your main team though so he's already maxed. Then you get a replacement, might as well rebirth

Yaari

Join a guild and [A~S] Ally Summon
Participate in 10 or more Guild Battle and receive a [A~S] Ally Summon. Participate in 20 or more for a Premium Ally. Participate in 30 or more for a Premium Ally Summon + Ally.

Time to leave + join guild, eh? Lol.

Some big rewards for guild battles. Gotta get 30 in, in the next week.

Ventara

If you're going to use it as fodder for MAX+ and it's already maxed anyway, might as well. But don't max it just to rebirth. Sometimes you use someone in your main team though so he's already maxed. Then you get a replacement, might as well rebirth

Yeah, that the only case where I see rebirth as a good option. Basically gives you a chance to get a better SSS before using it as fodder.

Buy 10 Premium Summons and get 2 FREE (07/07 ~ 07/19)
Create a guild and receive 50% gold back! (07/07 ~ 07/21)
Join a guild and [A~S] Ally Summon
Participate in 10 or more Guild Battle and receive a [A~S] Ally Summon. Participate in 20 or more for a Premium Ally. Participate in 30 or more for a Premium Ally Summon + Ally.
GM Event rewards will now expire after 7 days in the mailbox.

These sound awesome. Getting allies for GB will definitely help liven up the arena. I'll probably also end up using most of my rubies for the bonus summons. I wonder if we can leave a guild and join again to get the ally. I'm sure it's limited to one, but I hope those already in a Guild can get in on that.

The rose stuff seem pretty cool as well. Looks like we'll get even more ally summons/tickets/shoes from them.

I am still a long ways off from clearing Myth story so I don't have access to Myth Deathcrown and Deus raids. =/

I'm also having a hard time enhancing my SS units even though it feels easier for me to make more SS units. =_=

Kalavaras

Banned
I hope the new patch gives enough stuff to keep things interesting. Im enjoying the game but Id like some additional stuff to keep me busy. Giving more chances to do pulls seems fair enough, I just hope those roses arent gonna be rare as fuck to come by.

Are we getting that ascension anytime soon? Im ready to let my Karang and Pitch go.

I hope the new patch gives enough stuff to keep things interesting. Im enjoying the game but Id like some additional stuff to keep me busy. Giving more chances to do pulls seems fair enough, I just hope those roses arent gonna be rare as fuck to come by.

Are we getting that ascension anytime soon? Im ready to let my Karang and Pitch go.

I'm assuming ascension is the one that lets your SSS rebirth into a specific hero SSS and not the RNG that the current rebirth system is?

Ventara

I'm assuming ascension is the one that lets your SSS rebirth into a specific hero SSS and not the RNG that the current rebirth system is?

No, it's the one that guarantees an SSS after a certain amount of pulls.

I don't think what you mentioned exists. That would break the game.

No, it's the one that guarantees an SSS after a certain amount of pulls.

I don't think what you mentioned exists. That would break the game.

Not according to what this guy said:

I have been trying to gather details on the ascended units that will be introduced in season 3 and this is what I have found. Please note that I have not actually played the Korean version so none of this is actually verified and can very well be wrong.

• There are 5 ascended units, 1 for each class type.
  • You will need to upgrade a SSS unit to ultimate in addition to another item that you can farm or buy for rubies.
  • The ascended unit you receive will be the same class as the unit that is being ascended.
The following are the ascended units:
Warrior (Deathcrown) - http://www.hungryapp.co.kr/bbs/pop/pop_projectsr.php?idx=1192&type=pop
Archer - http://www.hungryapp.co.kr/bbs/pop/pop_projectsr.php?idx=1193&type=pop
Priest - http://www.hungryapp.co.kr/bbs/pop/pop_projectsr.php?idx=1194&type=pop
Mage (Brightspark)- http://www.hungryapp.co.kr/bbs/pop/pop_projectsr.php?idx=1195&type=pop
Rogue - http://www.hungryapp.co.kr/bbs/pop/pop_projectsr.php?idx=1196&type=pop

So my take away is even if you have the worst luck in the world, keep trucking along and you can force your own luck later with the best units in the game.

The one that guarantees a SSS after 27 pulls is something completely different.

Sciel

Aeda + Dark Breath => Azur (no space in party for him atm....)

Viri + Abyss King (I KNOW I KNOW) => Konfi (ugh... at least i have fodder now).

Sciel

Fortress Amulet (You can get them with Stamina + Eva + Immunity).
2 Piece Mythical Blazing Set Bonus.
Off hand with stamina ( for non duel wielders).
SS/SSS card with stamina or eva or immunity OR get lucky with hydra WB and get card with stamina/eva/immunity (assuming it exists).

goober

Fortress Amulet (You can get them with Stamina + Eva + Immunity).
2 Piece Mythical Blazing Set Bonus.
Off hand with stamina ( for non duel wielders).
SS/SSS card with stamina or eva or immunity OR get lucky with hydra WB and get card with stamina/eva/immunity (assuming it exists).

Hmm.. okay. What's a good immunity % to aim for?

Hmm.. okay. What's a good immunity % to aim for?

I'm not sure how immunity even works in this game. My SS Abyss King tank has 25% immunity and still gets turned into a sheep from Hero stage bosses. =_=

Meanwhile, I have 50% immunity on my Archer and I still get stunned or silenced.

EDIT:
Got the Ally ticket thing from the 7 days login and it gave me a Ranran, even though I already have one at MAX+2.

Chaos17

Just made a run and here what I got from the rose event.

• Mode : Legend
  • Shoes spend : 30
  • Bonus drop : no
  • Red rose : 1
  • Yellow rose : 2
  • Purple rose : 7

Edit : written the wrong mode, lol

30% or so. Don't compromise your other stats just for it though!.

30% isn't really all that useful.

50% is where you start to see the benefits roll in spades, especially for crit rate and evasion rate.

EDIT: My Abyss King tank has 75% defense rate and 40% evade and is just about the only survivor of any stage with lightning lizard assholes.

So roses are just random dungeon drops?

And a new in-game currency/resource.

Sciel

30% isn't really all that useful.

50% is where you start to see the benefits roll in spades, especially for crit rate and evasion rate.

EDIT: My Abyss King tank has 75% defense rate and 40% evade and is just about the only survivor of any stage with lightning lizard assholes.

And a new in-game currency/resource.
It is very difficult to get 50% immunity / evade on a class when you start with 0 .

Yaari

I wonder if the Rose' droprate is affected a lot by mode difficulty? I don't really want to be playing my new mage on "Normal" when the event is going on.

Btw. Sciel, is it true that Accuracy affects the succesrate for the sheep? I remember reading something like that.

Sciel

I wonder if the Rose' droprate is affected a lot by mode difficulty? I don't really want to be playing my new mage on "Normal" when the event is going on.

Btw. Sciel, is it true that Accuracy affects the succesrate for the sheep? I remember reading something like that.
I believe sheep has 2 parts to the attack (like all status effects).

1) The attack first needs to hit. This depends on your accuracy and the target's evade.

2) If the attack hits, the rate of success of the sheep will depend on the target's immunity.

Yaari

I believe sheep has 2 parts to the attack (like all status effects).

1) The attack first needs to hit. This depends on your accuracy and the target's evade.

2) If the attack hits, the rate of success of the sheep will depend on the target's immunity.

Ah, I see. Makes sense. My other Mage often fails with sheep. Then again, its no Ulti. Wouldyou look for Accuracy in a stat on your weapons then, I guess so?

Sciel

Ah, I see. Makes sense. My other Mage often fails with sheep. Then again, its no Ulti. Wouldyou look for Accuracy in a stat on your weapons then, I guess so?
I think Accuracy is actually a pretty good stat for weapons tbh. If you miss you do no damage after all haha. This is even more important for mages since if our meteor ulti or sheep ulti fails, its gg. Of course , Crit Dmg/ Crit Rate are equally important.

I've currently got 9.3% + 29.2% Acc from my gear.

Earring (Garden Power): 11.8 Acc
Weapon (Mythical Blazing MAX): 13.3 + 10.7 Acc
Cape : 7.3 Acc.

Currently farming for another earring and then that would be my acc set done.

It is very difficult to get 50% immunity / evade on a class when you start with 0 .

I think tanks start with 30 to 35% defense rate by default. The rest of it then comes from how much defense you stack on it.

As for class, I'm assuming you mean for characters and not the allies, right? Because getting evasion/immunity is entirely dependent on equipment RNG.

By the way, where do you get Garden Power earrings from?

Top Bottom