• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Had a bad run trying to farm Junglefury on Myth today, lots of subpar parties with people refusing to use scrolls and leaving early

I'll never understand the lack of scrolls. They are so cheap - why not use them? It's so frustrating.

Whizkid7

I'll never understand the lack of scrolls. They are so cheap - why not use them? It's so frustrating.

I regretfully am one of those people, though it's not from not wanting to use them - I forget to restock sometimes so I don't have any on hand. If we're close to a kill though I'm usually willing to use one.

garath

yeah, a lot of times I won't bother using a scroll if the boss isn't anywhere close to dying and the party is getting wrecked. I'd rather give up the 2 tickets and move on to the next one with a group that doesn't get smashed.

Pejo

Im considering using my Roses for summons. I think I'll just get screwed badly on a poor roll if I go for brooch.

I am using 20 of my reds for the brooch when I hit it, but the rest all go to summons. I'm just curious what kind of roll i'm going to get on the brooch though. Hope it's at least relevant to my class.

I would suggest the later unless your SS are max.
Because at the moment my 2 SS (none maxed) are dying so much more often than my 2 SSS in Myth.
It's really a pain.

Most SSS are so much better than a none maxed SS, IMO.

My main and reserve SS units are maxed. Gram is my first and only SSS unit I have.

Maxing Gram alone won't get you through Myth Fortress (unless its only your tank that dying?).

Focus on getting a squad of SSS units first. Maybe get Gram and any other SSS units you have to the +2 range but don't worry about maxing till you have 3 to 4 SSS.

I got lucky and was able to push Gram to +2 using 2 A units.

Thanks for the advice. That is 2 votes for getting SSS units so I will do that.

Now comes the hard part, which of my SS units do I sacrifice?

My SS Dark Lance simply isn't surviving much of anything in Labyrinth and Myth dungeons. I also have a duplicate SS Dark Arrow Tarq that I need to max out.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what other SS unit I can spare/sacrifice.

Yaari

SS Dark Lance is still the best tank out there at SS though. I've been saving mine for a long time now.

If you can farm Myth without him, I guess you can let him go? I'm personally glad to still have him around because he has taunt.

Apparently going full out on DPS works too, if you have no tank. I don't know.

goober

SS Dark Lance is still the best tank out there at SS though. I've been saving mine for a long time now.

If you can farm Myth without him, I guess you can let him go? I'm personally glad to still have him around because he has taunt.

I have both Dark Lance and Abyss King and I don't know which one to stick with.

Yaari

I have both Dark Lance and Abyss King and I don't know which one to stick with.

Reading the skill pages, it doesn't seem like Lance has Taunt? I probably keep Abyss King then. I really thought Lance had it.

I might let him go as well then, and just use my Freya.

Edit: NVM That defense buff seems too good to lose right now. My team will really start taking a lot of damage if I lose it. Have to keep Lance around for now. But I think Abyss is better. He has it as well. That party buff.

Well, these are the main units I have at the moment:

-SSS Gram +2
-SS Archer Uk + MAX
-SS Archer Arit + MAX
-SS Abyss King + MAX
-SS Dark Lance + MAX
-SS Dark Archer Tarq + MAX
-SS Queen Robellia + MAX
-SS Archer Veri + MAX
-SS Punisher Roq + MAX
-SS Dark Breath + MAX
-SS Dark Marble Tiehr + MAX
-S Ranran + MAX+3

I'm not sure how Dark Lance is supposed to be good when he keeps getting himself killed for no reason in any combat situation. Of the 3 tanks I have (each with 3k defense), Dark Lance is almost always the first to be knocked out of the fight even with 27k HP. Also, all my tanks have 35% to 40% evasion.

Once or twice would be a fluke, but after a few hundred runs in Labyrinth, Dark Lance is still the first tank to go down in any sudden death scenario. The reason I keep him around is for his group defense buff and his mass debuff but that doesn't seem to be working much.

Abyss King is the one that has taunt. I use him all the time for GB specifically to redirect everything to hit him.

Cybolt

Reading the skill pages, it doesn't seem like Lance has Taunt? I probably keep Abyss King then. I really thought Lance had it.

I might let him go as well then, and just use my Freya.

Edit: NVM That defense buff seems too good to lose right now. My team will really start taking a lot of damage if I lose it. Have to keep Lance around for now. But I think Abyss is better. He has it as well. That party buff.

Lance has a stun, defense buff and attack debuff. Between the buffs and debuffs, it shifts the damage taken in your favor. He doesn't have a taunt but he adds a lot of survivability.

Yaari

Okay, he works better for me but I only have Dark Lance as a tank. He's a beast and is the last one standing in my Laby runs.

But that said, I got nothing to compare it to. I do miss Taunt. Because he's the lone survivor most of the time. IF you got Abyss, he seems better in every way. Seems like an easy call when you put them against another.

@Cybolt. Ah I see. Hmm. Who would you favor then?

Lance has a stun, defense buff and attack debuff. Between the buffs and debuffs, it shifts the damage taken in your favor. He doesn't have a taunt but he adds a lot of survivability.

I think I have more survivability by subbing Lance with Roq. I've gotten to round 29 of Labyrinth doing exactly that whereas I've only gotten to 26-27 by using Lance.

goober

-SSS Gram +2
-SS Archer Uk + MAX
-SS Archer Arit + MAX
-SS Abyss King + MAX
-SS Dark Lance + MAX

-SS Queen Robellia + MAX
-SS Archer Veri + MAX
-SS Punisher Roq + MAX
-SS Dark Breath + MAX
-S Ranran + MAX+3

The ones in bold are the ones I have too but nowhere close to max. Are you me?

The ones in bold are the ones I have too but nowhere close to max. Are you me?

Do you have a tanky archer with 45% evasion, 34% accuracy, 35% immunity, 55% crit rate, 33% defense penetration rate, and can hit myth deus for 150k?

Because I love seeing raid bosses lose huge chunks of their HP in a single shot.

I think I can make it work better when we get the lvl bump to 60.

Anyway, do you really need all of the archers? I'd probably let one go based on their tier using that site. I guess you'll know best how good they work for you.

I don't really need all those archers but they are what I've been getting from my combines.

Also, the Orc archers are excellent against Lava Golem whereas Veri and Tarq are useful general purpose archers.

Chaos17

-SSS Gram +2
-SS Archer Uk + MAX
-SS Archer Arit + MAX
-SS Abyss King + MAX
-SS Dark Lance + MAX
-SS Queen Robellia + MAX
-SS Archer Veri + MAX
-SS Punisher Roq + MAX
-SS Dark Breath + MAX
-S Ranran + MAX+3

I think you could combine some archers, you've like 3 ?
Combine 2 and keep 1 just to be safe.

I think you could combine some archers, you've like 3 ?
Combine 2 and keep 1 just to be safe.

I have 4 archers actually. I also have a duplicate Tarq which I can easily sacrifice. Problem is trying to figure out which of my other SS units I can sacrifice.

I'm currently not too happy with my Dark Lance so I might sacrifice him.

Yaari

I guess the key thing is that you won't be left with no tank. You already have a backup ready though, maxed out even. There's not really a problem. You just need to select one to get rid of.

Chaos17

I have 4 archers actually. I also have a duplicate Tarq which I can easily sacrifice. Problem is trying to figure out which of my other SS units I can sacrifice.

Edit : I see
Well since you've already Gram that's an understable choice.

niosh

Banned
Problem is trying to figure out which of my other SS units I can sacrifice.

I suggest sacrificing the 2 you feel you can do without, which sounds like Dark Lance (Gram replaces him anyway) and the Archer you like the least.

Based on what SSS you get from that you can re-evaluate your team again for your 3rd.

-SSS Gram +2
-SS Archer Uk + MAX
-SS Archer Arit + MAX
-SS Abyss King + MAX
-SS Dark Lance + MAX
-SS Queen Robellia + MAX
-SS Archer Veri + MAX
-SS Punisher Roq + MAX
-SS Dark Breath + MAX
-S Ranran + MAX+3

I'm not sure how Dark Lance is supposed to be good when he keeps getting himself killed for no reason in any combat situation. Of the 3 tanks I have (each with 3k defense), Dark Lance is almost always the first to be knocked out of the fight even with 27k HP. Also, all my tanks have 35% to 40% evasion.

Once or twice would be a fluke, but after a few hundred runs in Labyrinth, Dark Lance is still the first tank to go down in any sudden death scenario. The reason I keep him around is for his group defense buff and his mass debuff but that doesn't seem to be working much.

Abyss King is the one that has taunt. I use him all the time for GB specifically to redirect everything to hit him.

Why do you need more than 5 units? If it's for labyrinth helpers, just dump them. Keep a good general purpose team of 5 (tank, healer, 3 dps) and combine away everything else. Going by your list, that's a minimum of 3 SSS you can get immediately, and possibly up to 5 if your 3 SSS turn out. good and replace the SS you would otherwise hold onto.

The only reason to hold on to an SS is if it's Viri or your only tank. Everything else is for combine

Yaari

Why do you need more than 5 units? If it's for labyrinth helpers, just dump them. Keep a good general purpose team of 5 (tank, healer, 3 dps) and combine away everything else

I'd agree. You already have a tank, and you have the priest (although only S).
You could easily start combining some SSS there. You might get some good stuff out of it.
I'm impressed you actually managed to sit it out, its the first thing I would want to do.

Einbroch

Banned
Seij40c.png

Some of these are...awful.

I suggest sacrificing the 2 you feel you can do without, which sounds like Dark Lance (Gram replaces him anyway) and the Archer you like the least.

Based on what SSS you get from that you can re-evaluate your team again for your 3rd.

Not so much the archer I like least. More like I have a duplicate of Tarq.

Why do you need more than 5 units? If it's for labyrinth helpers, just dump them. Keep a good general purpose team of 5 (tank, healer, 3 dps) and combine away everything else. Going by your list, that's a minimum of 3 SSS you can get immediately, and possibly up to 5 if your 3 SSS turn out. good and replace the SS you would otherwise hold onto.

The only reason to hold on to an SS is if it's Viri or your only tank. Everything else is for combine

See, this was my attitude up until I started combining for SS units and ended up with 4 duplicates. Given my shit luck, getting Gram was already kind of like hitting the local supermarket's lottery.

I'd agree. You already have a tank, and you have the priest (although only S).
You could easily start combining some SSS there. You might get some good stuff out of it.
I'm impressed you actually managed to sit it out, its the first thing I would want to do.

Have I mentioned that I got 4 SS duplicates in a row? That also happened fairly recently, too. I was on the verge of quitting this game because of that.

Limit

Guild battles are a lot less harsh around an hour after it opens up. You don't just face round after round of top tier guilds with max + 4 characters. So no more guild battles for me as soon as they open up.

Not so much the archer I like least. More like I have a duplicate of Tarq.

See, this was my attitude up until I started combining for SS units and ended up with 4 duplicates. Given my shit luck, getting Gram was already kind of like hitting the local supermarket's lottery.

Have I mentioned that I got 4 SS duplicates in a row? That also happened fairly recently, too. I was on the verge of quitting this game because of that.

I know the feeling, but it is what it is. Live by the rng, die by the rng. It's the only way to progress. In any case, with ascension around the corner, shit SSS become good. You've got 5 potential SSS there, which is actually enough to ascend something, or at least get very close.

I know the feeling, but it is what it is. Live by the rng, die by the rng. It's the only way to progress. In any case, with ascension around the corner, shit SSS become good. You've got 5 potential SSS there, which is actually enough to ascend something, or at least get very close.

Thing is, we still don't know when ascension is going to be rolled out to the NA servers.

But we do? Isn't it the 21st?

That's when S2 launches and ascension can be available but whether it will be activate already is not guaranteed. They could have it not enabled at the start and save it for an event thing and then flip the switch.

They advertised it in the patch notes. Pretty sure it'll go live with season 2.

Assuming that they do implement ascension with S2, what sort of rewards can we expect to see? I mean, I'm sitting on roughly 400 rubies at the moment and I've just been knocked out of top 5% for arena and top 1% for labyrinth (which should give me another 130 rubies for this week).

niosh

Banned
Assuming that they do implement ascension with S2, what sort of rewards can we expect to see? I mean, I'm sitting on roughly 400 rubies at the moment and I've just been knocked out of top 5% for arena and top 1% for labyrinth (which should give me another 130 rubies for this week).

They haven't shown any of the new ruby rewards yet for S2.

Rubies (for the most part) are for advancing your SSS. Considering you only have 1 SSS with a ton of SS +Max you shouldn't be worrying about spending rubies at the moment :p

I think Castle Entrance is the end of the line for my no tank Myth run. I might be able to squeeze out the last few levels and unlock Landing Garden , but I'm definitely not beating Myth without a tank or an ascended DPS

Whizkid7

Pretty good night for me - cleared Hero finally and with the rubies from that got enough fodder to MAX Porin. Now to work on getting my 4th SSS since I have one SS already at MAX and the other at +5.

Kalavaras

Banned
Made it to the top 1% in arena. Went to sleep at around 11.30 nervous as fuck. My final points were like 5,5k 0.75% at that point. Too much stress for a mobile game. 5% Is fine with some guild battles.

JigsawX

Right now #50 is 12,213 points. Currently at #29 with 13,394. #51 is at 11,623.....How likely are they to farm 1.7k points in the next 2-3 hours....Gah

Top Bottom