• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Limit

The game itself, EU version anyway:

hTMfwIe.jpg

Damn it.

Nope. I didn't notice any responses. The UI is weird and I think long messages don't go through.

Ahh well, anyway i beat him the other day, used you as a helper even. So thanks!

Just working on my rogue now. It's hilarious how far you can get with no tank if you have strong allies. I'm up to Fog Region Myth, literally nothing resembling a tank. Most times I don't even bring a helper.

Cybolt

Ahh well, anyway i beat him the other day, used you as a helper even. So thanks!

Just working on my rogue now. It's hilarious how far you can get with no tank if you have strong allies. I'm up to Fog Region Myth, literally nothing resembling a tank. Most times I don't even bring a helper.

Glad to hear things went well and you have that out of the way! As for Myth, things hit so hard that it's more of a "kill or be killed" environment so having no tank is a viable strategy if it means everything is dead.

Almost up to Pumpkin Patch on my no-tank myth run. If you think about it, most of the difficult levels are those with lightning or archer spam, and a tank doesn't even help you there.

I still haven't even used friend helper except for orange/red levels, so it's very possible I could even beat Gram like this, perhaps even before hitting 55.

Would be funny to go into a DDC raid sub-55

40 more minutes until i can combine for 2 more SSS and 2 more SS. I'm also maxed on allies, 60/60 with nothing less than B, so I can't even do any dungeons until i get these combines done so i can use all these fodder upgrading.

Keeping my fingers crossed

For SSS i got Deathcrown (duplicate) and Turq. For SS i got Tirud and Murit.

No idea how these guys rank and I can't check right now, but in the worst case scenario they'll make nice fodder for working towards an ascended unit

Hmm, should I work on maxing out Gram first or should I work on getting another SSS unit?

Tank-wise, I have:
-SSS Gram
-SS Abyss King
-SS Dark Lance

I think I can sac Dark Lance with the duplicate SS Dark Arrow Tarq that I just got but I'm not sure if that's a good idea just yet.

So it seems like Turq is pretty good. I'm thinking to max Turq and stick her in my main party instead of Freyd, and ascend Freyd into something once we find out the details of how Ascension works. If Freyd's ascension ends up being garbage though, that could change my plans.

Another option is to ascend Deathcrown, but I feel like Freyd is my weakest link at the moment.

Edit: Wow, just MAXed SSS Turq with a grand total of 4 S and 16 A. Did not expect to get that lucky

So it seems like Turq is pretty good. I'm thinking to max Turq and stick her in my main party instead of Freyd, and ascend Freyd into something once we find out the details of how Ascension works. If Freyd's ascension ends up being garbage though, that could change my plans.

Another option is to ascend Deathcrown, but I feel like Freyd is my weakest link at the moment.

How many SSS units do you have at the moment?

Huh, would you recommend that I max my Gram first or should I try to get another SSS unit?

I would do both. When i max an SS, i only use Bs, period. When i max an SSS, i use a combination of Ss and As. As only until +4, then 1 S follwed by As up to 20% bonus, then Bs, although most of the time i get the skillup before resorting to Bs.

But the point is, there's very little overlap in the fodder, so your SS and SSS are only competing over gold, which you can spam labyrinth for.

I would do both. When i max an SS, i only use Bs, period. When i max an SSS, i use a combination of Ss and As. As only until +4, then 1 S follwed by As up to 20% bonus, then Bs, although most of the time i get the skillup before resorting to Bs.

But the point is, there's very little overlap in the fodder, so your SS and SSS are only competing over gold, which you can spam labyrinth for.

Right, my problem at the moment is rubies. I'm barely in the top 5% for arena and labyrinth so I want to focus on one thing at a time since my ruby income is extremely limited at the moment. I haven't been maxing the rapport of the B and C fodders so that is something that I kind of want to do as a last resort when everything else has failed.

Right, my problem at the moment is rubies. I'm barely in the top 5% for arena and labyrinth so I want to focus on one thing at a time since my ruby income is extremely limited at the moment. I haven't been maxing the rapport of the B and C fodders so that is something that I kind of want to do as a last resort when everything else has failed.

Well even if you focus on one thing at a time, if you use A's to skillup an SS you're someday going to wish you had them for your SSS. On the other hand, if you're short on S and A and no more rubies to get some, then the decision is clear, because you can't really work on your SSS anyway.

Have you done all the raid quests? That's a good 400 rubies right there.

Personally i would just start maxing rapport and trying to get some formation rewards, although it might be worth waiting to see if we get the guaranteed SSS thing on the 21st

Well even if you focus on one thing at a time, if you use A's to skillup an SS you're someday going to wish you had them for your SSS. On the other hand, if you're short on S and A and no more rubies to get some, then the decision is clear, because you can't really work on your SSS anyway.

Have you done all the raid quests? That's a good 400 rubies right there.

Personally i would just start maxing rapport and trying to get some formation rewards, although it might be worth waiting to see if we get the guaranteed SSS thing on the 21st

I'll be doing raid quests for my Rogue once I get him up to level 50 because that's where all his equipment are. >_>

I got the rubies for the basic formations but the ones that require specific characters are pretty much impossible because I don't either don't have them (SS and up characters). This would be easier if I hadn't gotten 3 SS Archer Veris in a row followed by an SS Dark Arrow Tarq duplicate.

EDIT:
There was also the duplicate SS Archer Uk. >_>

I'll be doing raid quests for my Rogue once I get him up to level 50 because that's where all his equipment are. >_>

I got the rubies for the basic formations but the ones that require specific characters are pretty much impossible because I don't either don't have them (SS and up characters). This would be easier if I hadn't gotten 3 SS Archer Veris in a row followed by an SS Dark Arrow Tarq duplicate.

EDIT:
There was also the duplicate SS Archer Uk. >_>

You can do the raid quests once per class, so if you have another character at 55, do them there too

You can do the raid quests once per class, so if you have another character at 55, do them there too

That's the thing, I already did the raid quests for my other characters already. None of my characters have been able to break the roadblock of bullshit that is Myth Fortress. At least not yet.

This is why I'm debating on whether I should focus on maxing the only SSS I currently have (Gram) or try to fill my squad/party with nothing but SSS units.

Wait why is everyone getting SSS units or have you just saved it for the gm event?

I made my 1st SSS unit because I had not claimed the GM reward for 200 rubies and I needed the rubies. I'm glad that I did that because the new GM reward for getting an SSS unit only gives 100 rubies and one S summon.

Yaari

Got an SSS Windlune. Not bad but I'm not sure if its worth dumping a ton of resources on with the new allies on the way. But perhaps I can make a max Windlune into that Bloodwind Archer?

Not sure what to do.

Chaos17

That's the thing, I already did the raid quests for my other characters already. None of my characters have been able to break the roadblock of bullshit that is Myth Fortress. At least not yet.

This is why I'm debating on whether I should focus on maxing the only SSS I currently have (Gram) or try to fill my squad/party with nothing but SSS units.

I would suggest the later unless your SS are max.
Because at the moment my 2 SS (none maxed) are dying so much more often than my 2 SSS in Myth.
It's really a pain.

Most SSS are so much better than a none maxed SS, IMO.

Ventara

Got SS Dark Marble Tiehr (dupe) and SSS Belle Snow. I guess I got lucky with Belle. I should probably be more excited, but I really want a healer to get that ascended healer.

Edit Combined for my 3rd SSS and got Dark Assassin Percy, AKA fodder #1.

StuffRuff

Think my patience is finally starting to wear thin with DB after all of my SS an SSS combines (~10 in total) so far have been low tier. I guess thats RNG though so I can't really moan.

Funny thing is I would quite happily throw some money at the game if the ruby return was even close to worth while but I'm slowly being pushed away by bad luck.

Think my patience is finally starting to wear thin with DB after all of my SS an SSS combines (~10 in total) so far have been low tier. I guess thats RNG though so I can't really moan.

Funny thing is I would quite happily throw some money at the game if the ruby return was even close to worth while but I'm slowly being pushed away by bad luck.

With ascension coming even garbage tier SSS can turn into god tier units, and the RNG element is totally removed. I think the return on investment with ruby purchases isn't too bad. You can have bad luck of course and get really bad luck on level ups, but it can go the other way too. On average i think it's not too bad.

garath

Meh. Dark Arrow Farq for my SSS. My SS were Ger (bleh, I have SSS Gar), and Sorcer Muir. Muir is actually good for me. I've been using a S MAX single target healer for so long. Maybe with a SS rank single target healer I'll have a fighting chance of beating Myth Gram.

Still no Tier 1 units for me. Oh well. We make do with what we have.

What's the consensus on spending rubies now? Keep abusing the 10+2 bonus or are we thinking the guaranteed SSS is coming soon?

Does anyone know what the deal is with this?

37VJOv1.jpg

See last line

9tfs0BA.jpg

3rd line from bottom

dEXEGT0.jpg

3rd line from bottom

I keep seeing people acquiring these items with nonsensical names from daily dungeons. What is it?

Yaari

Meh. Dark Arrow Farq for my SSS. My SS were Ger (bleh, I have SSS Gar), and Sorcer Muir. Muir is actually good for me. I've been using a S MAX single target healer for so long. Maybe with a SS rank single target healer I'll have a fighting chance of beating Myth Gram.

Still no Tier 1 units for me. Oh well. We make do with what we have.

What's the consensus on spending rubies now? Keep abusing the 10+2 bonus or are we thinking the guaranteed SSS is coming soon?

I don't think it is, but at this point we're so close that its worth the wait.

Honestly with the Ascended units so close, I'm quite happy with all the shitty SSS's I've had. Because that's the reason I didn't upgrade any SSS and it will be easy to decide which one to one for ascension too. If they were all good, it would be a much more difficult decision.

Yaari

Isn't there going to be another pre-registration thing today? Anyone remember what time?

I don't think a time was given, but they run their streams and such at the same time, most of the time. In about 9 hours I'd expect that registration to go up.

BTW, is it confirmed that you need to have a similar type of unit (Priest for example), for the ascension? If I want to have a priest, I need to use a priest? Or was that for the Angels?

I'll start upgrading a unit because I want to have one ready as soon as possible. 30 S units sounds like a lot but I'll probably go through them rather quickly when going for Ultimate on these SSS's.

I don't think a time was given, but they run their streams and such at the same time, most of the time. In about 9 hours I'd expect that registration to go up.

Ugh, it's 8:30 PM here, that means I have to be up at like 5:30.

The things I have to do for this game...

Ventara

Guys, Belle Snow's summons are also enhanced if I enhance her, right?

BTW, is it confirmed that you need to have a similar type of unit (Priest for example), for the ascension? If I want to have a priest, I need to use a priest? Or was that for the Angels?

I'll start upgrading a unit because I want to have one ready as soon as possible. 30 S units sounds like a lot but I'll probably go through them rather quickly when going for Ultimate on these SSS's.

Yup, you need a priest for the ascended priest. It's why I want an SSS priest. Even a crappy one.

Yaari

Ugh, it's 8:30 PM here, that means I have to be up at like 5:30.

The things I have to do for this game...

It's speculation BTW. No actual timeframe was given. But that's the hours they usually operate at. It might be earlier, or later. I just hope they leave it open for a bit.

@Ventara. Cool. Thanks. I guess I'll start working on SSS Konfi.

Chaos17

From the infos I gathered :
- legendaries need same class to ascend into it.
- some angels will need some special combination pair to ascend into it while other angels don't need

But the problem is that infos are incomplete (about the angels) or they're from google translate.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Time to start that PvP grind. Might have started too late this time :)

In other news, sheep mages are OP in GB. We were regularly beating Ultimate level teams with our non-maxed team last night simply because I could sheep 1+ at the start of each fight.

Ventara

Man, I'm having terrible luck enhancing Belle Snow. 1 S, 4 As and all of my Bs were used up. All failures. Those Bs don't come easy.

Time to start that PvP grind. Might have started too late this time :)

In other news, sheep mages are OP in GB. We were regularly beating Ultimate level teams with our non-maxed team last night simply because I could sheep 1+ at the start of each fight.

Yeah, I'm thinking I might respec my mage to a sheep build. Just hesitant because it's 100 rubies and I don't want to switch again if it turns out I want meteor.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah, I'm thinking I might respec my mage to a sheep build. Just hesitant because it's 100 rubies and I don't want to switch again if it turns out I want meteor.

I switched from the meteor build, don't regret it at all. Meteor is awesome, of course, but cc > all else in pvp. Even on raids it's useful, as you can either sheep the adds or the boss, and in either case, it lowers their defense quite a bit. I was also able to finally get into the top 1% in lab.

Pejo

Yay, woke up and saw the GM event reset. Combined for my 2nd SSS and got Loki. I was pretty excited and he seems to be kicking ass over the SS mage I was previously using in his slot, and he hasn't even caught up level wise, and has no equipment.

My SS combine just got me a duplicate Vurch. Oh well, more fodder for combining to SSS.

My party is shaping up nicely though. Pearla and Loki and my Rogue for DPS, Vurch for tank and Ranran for heals. I would absolutely love to pick up Viri on one of my SS combines, but otherwise I feel like this group can get me through most of Myth. I tend to like to wait til weekends or evenings to do my story progression since you get the bonus time for allies. I save my healer friends and just make it as far as I can.

Now I'm just hoping that the 21st brings the guaranteed SSS stuff. I should be pretty well off by the end of that, as I'm now sitting on almost 3000 rubies, and still have the legend and myth guaranteed rubies for beating the game on the way.

How do I finish the quest to get Legendary Conquistador title? Says to finish raid season 1 on legend. Just beat DDC and got the ruby reward for it, which isn't even possible unless ive cleared every raid, but the quest didn't complete

Ventara

Hmm, Belle Snow doesn't seem to do well in Labyrinth. Having her in my main team, I can only make it to floor 20, when I can usually make it to 23. I guess I'll stick to my old core team for Labyrinth.

How do I finish the quest to get Legendary Conquistador title? Says to finish raid season 1 on legend. Just beat DDC and got the ruby reward for it, which isn't even possible unless ive cleared every raid, but the quest didn't complete

Could have just glitched or delayed a bit. It's happened to me before. I just exit the tavern and re-enter. Or even restart the game.

Hmm, Belle Snow doesn't seem to do well in Labyrinth. Having her in my main team, I can only make it to floor 20, when I can usually make it to 23. I guess I'll stick to my old core team for Labyrinth.

Could have just glitched or delayed a bit. It's happened to me before. I just exit the tavern and re-enter. Or even restart the game.

Did all that, done some other raids as well. Maybe I'll try another on legend

KimChi

Did all that, done some other raids as well. Maybe I'll try another on legend

I think its just glitched, I dont have legendary conquistador but I do have Mythical conquistador which is much better anyways.

You can check if you have any raid quests left by going to Bravery->Raid click ongoing then scroll to the bottom, usually where the raid boss quests are located. If all you see are slayer quests then I guess its glitched for you like it is for me.

niosh

Banned

Maxing Gram alone won't get you through Myth Fortress (unless its only your tank that dying?).

Focus on getting a squad of SSS units first. Maybe get Gram and any other SSS units you have to the +2 range but don't worry about maxing till you have 3 to 4 SSS.

Uthred

Had a bad run trying to farm Junglefury on Myth today, lots of subpar parties with people refusing to use scrolls and leaving early

Top Bottom