• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

goober

Oh crap. The 10 + 2 ended and I wasn't able to take advantage of it. Crap. I thought it ended at midnight PST.

Was also trying to Max my Porin and the bonus was up to 39%!! that's ridiculous.

Chaos17

Edit: It just occurred to me that these notes mention a 7/20 maintenance. So... putting 2 and 2 together... Season 2 begins tomorrow?

Facebook announced the second season for the 21 july

Greetings Bodens!

Behold all mighty Deathcrown, from Dragon Blaze Chapter 2!

The update is scheduled to be released by 07/21/2015! (PDT)

More details to be announced soon!
Source : https://www.facebook.com/DragonBlaz...7898900002574/733821656743631/?type=1&theater

Edit : it's cool to see that we can still pull SSS from summons and it's not a Myth lol

lAaloZ8.jpg

Edit 2 : some clarification about ascend ally archer

Before everybody jumps at me from the bandwagon and shouts "ARCHER OF COURSE", hear me out first. I know the general consensus is that archer is one of the strongest s2 ascends. However, my friend checked out the Korean version a couple days ago and apparently almost nobody uses him anymore. We think it's due to a combination of simply better archer ascends being released, and other ascends such as s2 warrior and rogue being massively buffed. For instance, the first skill of the rogue is listed as 10% or 20% insta kill on a couple wiki/info sites, while the korean version is currently 40% insta kill.

So, if we get the unbuffed versions of each ascend, Bloodwind the archer will probably dominate for a while but slowly become irrelevant. While the weaker ascends will slowly become stronger it seems.

I'll be getting the priest ascend of course, but I'm thinking of getting a dps ascend first. It's either a choice of archer, which everyone agrees is amazing, or rogue, which seems to place average or below average in most tier lists. And yet, in Korea season 3 Dragon Blaze, the rogue is almost always picked over the archer.

What do you guys think?

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/3dx7tp/archer_or_rogue_ascend/

Facebook announced the second season for the 21 july

Source : https://www.facebook.com/DragonBlaz...7898900002574/733821656743631/?type=1&theater

Edit : it's cool to see that we can still pull SSS from summons and it's not a Myth lol

Edit 2 : some clarification about ascend ally archer

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/3dx7tp/archer_or_rogue_ascend/

Regarding the SSS pull from premium summon, I call shenanigans! Don't believe the lies! There is no SSS from premium summon! :p

That's like what? A 0.0000001% chance of that ever happening in the first place.

/bitter

Regarding the Archer vs Rogue thing, I would pick Greysoul (Rogue) and Black Heaven (Priest) first anyway. Greysoul specifically for his perma-kill, I see people running around with two of the following Shabelle/Viri/Porin/Ranran in Arena, one of whom is almost always hiding to as the summon support. So even if I can snipe a Belle Snow or Brightspark, it isn't going to matter if they get revived immediately. In that case, having Greysoul perma-kill someone does wonders in leveraging the advantage my way.

That perma-kill is extremely powerful. AOE/splash normal attacks are nice to have but really doesn't mean much if the target can revive and be fully healed. Remember the Myth Fortress stages where you had a bunch of Porins backed up with whatever adds? Or even Shabelle and her bullshit entourage of 2 Porins and 3 assassins? That shit will wreck your day because they eat into your summon's time limit.

This sort of bullshit is exactly why I want a Greysoul.

If I want the archer, it is because I want to give Hydra the double deuce. Picking the right person for the right job.

Kinan

Regarding the SSS pull from premium summon, I call shenanigans! Don't believe the lies! There is no SSS from premium summon! :p

That's like what? A 0.0000001% chance of that ever happening in the first place.

/bitter

I pulled SSS rogue from premium summon last week. My first SSS ever.

640.jpg

640.jpg

Rubbing that salt in my wounds, eh?

Congrats by the way. But seriously, ULTIMATE Loki with atk speed boosts can massacre a hell of a lot of ULTIMATE teams. That decrease HP recovery as normal attack can do a hell of a lot more damage than most people think.

The reason why people rank Fulson higher is because of his annoying Vanish. Easy counter to Vanish is AOE attacks. Even Gram's AOE skills can hit Fulson when he's invisible. In some ways, I think Gram is a hard counter to Fulson.

Allright, I finally finished browsed through season 2 and I can (unfortunally) confirm that expanded equipement slots for allies was realsed in season 3 :\
http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze/878600

Time for me to go back and check if i missed any news regarding season 2 then publish final compiles.

How I feel about this:
Wur0G00.png

I'm not sure if I want to put up with the BS of dealing with MAXED out players who can also fully max out their equipment.

I've decided to skip doing Arena for today (Sunday). I can't find anyone that I have a reasonable chance of beating and I'm sitting at 3400+ points and 2.26%. Losing my 20 point bonus streak and my current position isn't worth it.

Switching out to my Sheep Mage and then logging off for the night to watch the bitching is totally worth it.

Just made it to round 30 of labyrinth for the first time, and wow... That looks impossible to beat without some ultimates. It was enough to get me up to 2%, but i don't think 1% is going to happen sadly.

Chaos17

How I feel about this:
I'm not sure if I want to put up with the BS of dealing with MAXED out players who can also fully max out their equipment.

I'm personally annoyed when (for example) I drop a superb helmet for warrior and i can't give it to Gram. That's just a waste, imo.

I'm personally annoyed when (for example) I drop a superb helmet for warrior and i can't give it to Gram. That's just a waste, imo.

I would keep that helmet for my warrior. :p

Anyway, I have a Korean friend of mine help translate this table for me:
xbNLXfa.png

This is what it translates to:
bVMS2K9.png

According to his translation, any scrub tank can become a Crusader/Paladin whereas any scrub mage can become a Summoner/Angel.

The other thing is that if you want your godly Deathcrown and Black Heaven and so on, you need either a HERO SSS or the equivalent Paladin and Summoner. I personally think that you just need the correct class and the correct items.

EDIT:
Ah fuck, I forgot Greysoul and the Rogue.

EDIT 2:
If you're wondering about the first column with all the "WATER OF <insert name>", that is the item you need to ascend into the desired character. It is why I color-coded it:
kjfp4PE.jpg

Here's an updated table with my own interpretation:

garath

I never got enough red roses. Sadness. I have enough for a yellow and 2 purple though.

Regarding this, I just want to make sure; The Fortress stage 4 on Legend drops them, right? Or is that Myth only?

I farmed stamina accessories on the last stage of Pixie falls in Myth. It's easy and I was able to give everyone on my team a two stat (main stat + stamina) accessory. It helped a lot getting through the fortress stages of Myth.

Chaos17

Woot that's awesome translation!!
Thanks to this we can see some class restriction.

Gotta analyse this and post it on my blog, THANK YOU!

Edit : okay, you're right about having the right classes of the right ascended but that's actually a problem.
For example, we know that Tiel is supposed to be a paladin class but the folio put her in the category of warrior so some confusion might happen.

Yaari

I hate to ask this again, but is there any indication that the guarantee SSS pull is season 2? Sitting on 1.4k rubies.

It's just all speculation at this point. But we'll find out soon.
I wouldn't use those Rubies knowing they sometimes do the 2 free pulls per 10 though. At this point I'd want a bonus before doing any pull at all.

I don't think I'll be using my Rubies for those Ascension items. I can wait.

Chaos17

I hate to ask this again, but is there any indication that the guarantee SSS pull is season 2? Sitting on 1.4k rubies.

I browsed through page 21 to 7 and I didn't see any news about it during season 2.
Instead I saw the robot event that help you enchance your units from 20% to 100% chance.
BUT, Gamevil global like to give us some updates sooner than Koeran version so I can't promise you anything.

Einbroch

Banned
I browsed through page 21 to 7 and I didn't see any news about it during season 2.
Instead I saw the robot event that help you enchance your units from 20% to 100% chance.
BUT, Gamevil global like to give us some updates sooner than Koeran version so I can't promise you anything.
Promise me it's coming tonight. PROMISE ME

Chaos17

Gamevil Japan made a news today and if google translation didn't fucked up we might get a free reset skills for season 2 launch

– Learn to initialize the “skills” &#8251; postscript
and learning the skills (active, passive) to initialize the,
And return the skill points that you used to learn.
By all means, please try to challenge the new playing style.

Source : Gamevil Japan

Promise me it's coming tonight. PROMISE ME

LoL, I can't xD

Yaari

Uhh? What's that event? Does it guarantee an upgrade? That's cool..

Edit: Lol, free reset. A week after I finished my second 55 mage to avoid paying 99 Rubies for a skill reset. Ouch!

Yaari

Hmm cool. So I could use the green one on a SSS and it will still be 20%? That sounds like a great event. I can get my new ascended Priest some +'s.

Ventara

Regarding the Archer vs Rogue thing, I would pick Greysoul (Rogue) and Black Heaven (Priest) first anyway. Greysoul specifically for his perma-kill, I see people running around with two of the following Shabelle/Viri/Porin/Ranran in Arena, one of whom is almost always hiding to as the summon support. So even if I can snipe a Belle Snow or Brightspark, it isn't going to matter if they get revived immediately. In that case, having Greysoul perma-kill someone does wonders in leveraging the advantage my way.

That perma-kill is extremely powerful. AOE/splash normal attacks are nice to have but really doesn't mean much if the target can revive and be fully healed. Remember the Myth Fortress stages where you had a bunch of Porins backed up with whatever adds? Or even Shabelle and her bullshit entourage of 2 Porins and 3 assassins? That shit will wreck your day because they eat into your summon's time limit.

This sort of bullshit is exactly why I want a Greysoul.

If I want the archer, it is because I want to give Hydra the double deuce. Picking the right person for the right job.

I've been thinking of this myself, and I think I'll be getting Greysoul over Bloodwind as well. His perma-death and debuff sounds too good.

640.jpg

:O

I'll be whispering your name in worship as I summon my free SSS.

Allright, I finally finished browsed through season 2 and I can (unfortunally) confirm that expanded equipement slots for allies was realsed in season 3 :\
http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze/878600

Time for me to go back and check if i missed any news regarding season 2 then publish final compiles.

I felt it'd be too soon for full equips, so I'm fine with this as well.

I farmed stamina accessories on the last stage of Pixie falls in Myth. It's easy and I was able to give everyone on my team a two stat (main stat + stamina) accessory. It helped a lot getting through the fortress stages of Myth.

Alright, I'll switch to farming that. Thanks!

Just like the rose event, instead we will make an ally.
And whatever the type of ally you want to enhance the % will stay the same.
zeWXeP9.jpg

Here for some details : http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze/788468

Woah! This sounds pretty good! So we'll be getting allies who will have a set % for enhancement regardless of what rank of unit they are being enhanced to? I know I'll be saving them all for my SSS.

Chaos17

Hmm cool. So I could use the green one on a SSS and it will still be 20%? That sounds like a great event. I can get my new ascended Priest some +'s.

Woah! This sounds pretty good! So we'll be getting allies who will have a set % for enhancement regardless of what rank of unit they are being enhanced to? I know I'll be saving them all for my SSS.

Yup!

w2T1ASa.jpg

8dcAQbi.jpg

Unfortunaly, that event was introduce in the end of season 2 so I don't know if we wll get it sooner or later =_='

Ventara

Unfortunaly, that event was introduce in the end of season 2 so I don't know if we wll get it sooner or later =_='

Ah, okay. They'll probably introduce it later then since S2 is already bringing us a bunch of stuff. But still, that's a very sweet event. Way better than these crappy brooches, lol.

Uhh? What's that event? Does it guarantee an upgrade? That's cool..

Edit: Lol, free reset. A week after I finished my second 55 mage to avoid paying 99 Rubies for a skill reset. Ouch!

You think that's bad? I respec'ed my warrior to a Rage Rush ultimate just to see if it was good. It was horrible, so I respecc'ed back. Blew 200 rubies for nothing :(

garath

So my priest alt is moving up slowly but surely. What's the good end game build? Magnify? Maybe just roll with the straight heals? I don't have super top tier healing. MAX SS Viri and MAX SS Muir are my healers.

I've broken my record for absolutely ridiculously shitty luck. I've used 16 C's on an S unit without getting a level up yet. The odds of getting this far without a skillup are 0.131%

Whizkid7

/bitter

Hate to pour more salt on the wound, but that happened to me too. It wasn't as awesome a LOKI, but it was a class I didn't have (Rogue).

Man, last night was really lucrative for me. I think I got like 3-4 SSS equips off Storm Tyrant, and a ton of SS to finish maxing out my guys.

Now I need to work on getting somebody Ultimate'd...Still think going with the archer first since that's my weakest SSS.

Hate to pour more salt on the wound, but that happened to me too. It wasn't as awesome a LOKI, but it was a class I didn't have (Rogue).

Man, last night was really lucrative for me. I think I got like 3-4 SSS equips off Storm Tyrant, and a ton of SS to finish maxing out my guys.

Now I need to work on getting somebody Ultimate'd...Still think going with the archer first since that's my weakest SSS.

I still can't decide. My SSS archer has the shittiest HP (only 12k) but otherwise is really strong. But I also have a pretty terrible SSS rogue. So I'm not sure what would give me the biggest gain. I could probably beef up my Archer's HP by getting a stamina amulet and a stamina skill card, so I'm still half leaning toward going Rogue first. Cut out my weakest link.

garath

I'm torn between who to SSS Max first. I have Dark Mage Pari at +5 and Dark arrow Farq at +4 right now. Pari is an absolute beast in damage. I have no idea how it happened but he has 1704 base attack and +2958 bonus attack lol. That's more than me - rogue (358 + 3579).

I need some more S fodder which I'll get when I finally pull after S2 releases. I have like 800 rubies saved up now.

Yaari

I'm torn between who to SSS Max first. I have Dark Mage Pari at +5 and Dark arrow Farq at +4 right now. Pari is an absolute beast in damage. I have no idea how it happened but he has 1704 base attack and +2958 bonus attack lol. That's more than me - rogue (358 + 3579).

I need some more S fodder which I'll get when I finally pull after S2 releases. I have like 800 rubies saved up now.

I'd prolly go for the archer. That crit bonus will be great for a Rogue IMO.

Ventara

If you have enough SSS to ascend one of them soonish, then I'd go with Farq. Otherwise, I'd max Pari first. And wow, that IS a really high ATK.

Whizkid7

If you have enough SSS to ascend one of them soonish, then I'd go with Farq. Otherwise, I'd max Pari first. And wow, that IS a really high ATK.

That's the other thing; I'm not even close to Ult'ing someone yet. At best I can do MAX+2 right now. I need more fodder!

I WAS originally gonna ascend my priest first, but Porin's still too useful for me to want to get rid of yet, and I'd rather fix my weaker allies first.

P.S. Did anybody figure out how to get the 20 rubies from playing that terrible Million Arthur game? It's super boring and I wanna get rid of it, but not before I get my freebies.

Ventara

That's the other thing; I'm not even close to Ult'ing someone yet. At best I can do MAX+2 right now. I need more fodder!

I WAS originally gonna ascend my priest first, but Porin's still too useful for me to want to get rid of yet, and I'd rather fix my weaker allies first.

P.S. Did anybody figure out how to get the 20 rubies from playing that terrible Million Arthur game? It's super boring and I wanna get rid of it, but not before I get my freebies.

Oh, I'd definitely keep Porin. Porin, Mercedes and Shabelle should all be kept, imo. Seems like a team of healers with 2 DPS might be pretty good.

Can't help you with Million Arthur, but wouldn't it be easier to start a new character? Might be worth it too if you don't have a rogue/mage/priest. Speaking of which, if I don't get an SSS healer soon, I'll probably start a 2nd alt with a priest.

JigsawX

Decided to go with the accesory and wow. Rolled crit, AS, Eva and accuracy. Looks my new ascended rogue or archer is going to be pretty happy

Pejo

So I'm pretty new with endgame min/maxing, but I'm looking at some 55 boots I got from a raid. Is Defense a decent stat endgame?

Right now I have a choice between boots with

53 DEX
42 INT
42 STA
14.8 EVA

and

42 DEX
212 DEF
11.8 EVA
6.0 Resist

My character is a rogue, so the INT does nothing for me, but the higher base DEX and STA seem like better stats than 200+ def and some resist, but I could be totally wrong. At least the bottom boots don't have any totally wasted stats. I will probably keep grinding for DEX/HP/STA/Immunity ideally, but in the meantime, which would you guys pick?

Chaos17

So I'm pretty new with endgame min/maxing, but I'm looking at some 55 boots I got from a raid. Is Defense a decent stat endgame?

Right now I have a choice between boots with

53 DEX
42 INT
42 STA
14.8 EVA

and

42 DEX
212 DEF
11.8 EVA
6.0 Resist

My character is a rogue, so the INT does nothing for me, but the higher base DEX and STA seem like better stats than 200+ def and some resist, but I could be totally wrong. At least the bottom boots don't have any totally wasted stats. I will probably keep grinding for DEX/HP/STA/Immunity ideally, but in the meantime, which would you guys pick?

First one, you gain way more stats that the second.

Sounds like my Turq
dHPRjoQ.jpg

Great thing about Turq is she has a ridiculous AoE, it wipes a whole floor every time. She basically carried me through Myth Fortress. Even with that crappy armor. Could get the bonus damage to 4k easily with better armor, skill card, and accessory

goober

Did you equip them with SSS gear? That's a lot of damage.

Yaari

Sounds like my Turq
dHPRjoQ.jpg

Great thing about Turq is she has a ridiculous AoE, it wipes a whole floor every time. She basically carried me through Myth Fortress. Even with that crappy armor. Could get the bonus damage to 4k easily with better armor, skill card, and accessory

Will you ascend her for Brightspark? I'm not sure if she's better than Turq.

Will you ascend her for Brightspark? I'm not sure if she's better than Turq.

Eventually, but she's one of my strongest SSS, if not the strongest right now. I want to cut my weakest, so I'm thinking to ascend either Freyd (Rogue) or Farq (archer). Everything are already +MAX , so I just need to decide who to limit break

Limit

I appreciate that as you start to limit break your character starts to get SSJ2 style electric aura around them. Different colors for different levels.

Einbroch

Banned
Eventually, but she's one of my strongest SSS, if not the strongest right now. I want to cut my weakest, so I'm thinking to ascend either Freyd (Rogue) or Farq (archer)

Consensus seems to be that Archer is better now but eventually the Rogue outshines him with later updates?

Consensus seems to be that Archer is better now but eventually the Rogue outshines him with later updates?

Yea but my existing rogue is worse than my existing archer. So do i cut a good member for a god tier member or a bad member for a just under god tier member?

So I'm leaning towards ascending Freyd for that reason, but it's not really black and white

Ventara

First one, you gain way more stats that the second.

My thoughts as well, just didn't know if Defense was an actual good stat or if it was fairly meaningless in the long run. Thanks for the info!

Wait, really? Is 11 DEX and 3 EVA (which might be less because of diminishing returns) better than 212 DEF and 6 Resist? Man, I am so clueless when it comes to what stats to equip. No wonder my guys suck, lol. Edit: Didn't see the 42 STA stat for some reason. Ignore me.

I appreciate that as you start to limit break your character starts to get SSJ2 style electric aura around them. Different colors for different levels.

Oh, so that's what it was! I was wondering why some characters gave off an ominous aura.

garath

Sounds like my Turq
dHPRjoQ.jpg

I'm jealous. Turq so much better than Pari

Did you equip them with SSS gear? That's a lot of damage.

Nope. No SSS gear. I think maybe it's just a combo of raw INT and raw attack on items I've put on him.

6H8eKw6.png

QWEsIYw.png

DxJjkCm.png

YMGXgsp.png

6Syeac2.png

Top Bottom