• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Got kicked out.

Yeah, I recommend using this enhancing method if you're looking to save some A and S units. It really helps when it comes time to max an SSS unit.

I think it's worth enhancing A units when there's a reward for combining an S unit, though I agree otherwise.

But isn't the result usually just like 1 premium ally? If I remember correctly A goes up to +4, and using a C will be 25% with +8% per failure. This means that on average it will take exactly 2 C's per levelup. To enhance 2 of them to +4 is thus 16 C's. So you're spending 16 C's to get 1 premium ally. Even if the premium ally is an S, I'm not sure 16 C's is a good tradeoff there. It takes on average 4 C fodder to level up an S unit, so those 16 C's could have gotten you +4 levels on an S

Uthred

Are you level 55 yet? if so, my advice is to forget everything you read in this guide.

Enhancing SSS - Use only A until +4, then use 1 S followed by A until 20%, then B
Enhancing SS - Use only B, period
Enhancing S - Use only C, period
Enhancing A - Don't bother ever enhancing As

It's more expensive this way, but your rubies will go much farther because 100% of your A's and B's will go towards enhancing your premium units.

It feels like the game doesnt give you enough B's to rely on just them for ranking up SS units. Hopefully higher ranks drop more often in the new Nightmare mode.

It feels like the game doesnt give you enough B's to rely on just them for ranking up SS units. Hopefully higher ranks drop more often in the new Nightmare mode.

I've been doing ok on Myth. I thought the same thing at first too, but the problem was just that I wasn't actually using my shoes to farm fodder. I would go a couple days without even doing any story dungeons just because I would be stuck and so I'd farm gear, do daily dungeons, etc. Eventually I went back and actually tried farming fodder, and I get quite a few B's now. Especially if you go during Ally Encounter rate + bonus.

But I agree, I would love it to see Nightmare mode or something just completely remove C monsters from the pool.

arevin01

The guides assumes you have unlimited amount of allies, so its really not great. You just have to use what is available.

Limit

I'm so ready for gnoll as my SSS summon. And I ain't even going to be be mad. Feeding that puppy straight to my archer to achieve max+ultimate. And then ascended here we come.

Uthred

But isn't the result usually just like 1 premium ally? If I remember correctly A goes up to +4, and using a C will be 25% with +8% per failure. This means that on average it will take exactly 2 C's per levelup. To enhance 2 of them to +4 is thus 16 C's. So you're spending 16 C's to get 1 premium ally. Even if the premium ally is an S, I'm not sure 16 C's is a good tradeoff there. It takes on average 4 C fodder to level up an S unit, so those 16 C's could have gotten you +4 levels on an S

Your math seem off here, 4 C gives you a 19% chance of getting one level on an S, that seems pretty far from average. Same thing with your A example, 2 C's will give you a 33% chance of gaining one level up for an A, again not really average.

S Ranks take 6 rank ups to max out, so you're looking at 6 to 186 C rank units to max one out, lets say you succeed around the 50% mark, thats ~14 C units per rank or ~84 in total. Using a similar success point it would take ~4 C to Rank an A up one level, ~20 to rank it up fully and ~40 to rank two to max, so you could use those 84 C ranks to rank up one S to max or create two new ones. If instead you used C's to upgrade your B's to A's, with the same success point, it costs 8 C Rank's per A, and ~6 A's to max out your S, so you could max out 2 S ranks for 48 C's and 12 B's. All of that assumes you succeed once you get to ~50%, RNG is obviously going to vary wildly so honestly its quite hard to make concrete statements about the actual efficiency of various approaches to levelling up units

Ventara

Yeah, it's an S unit. And it's actually +5 to max an A, so let's say 20 Cs to get that S unit reward, plus the combined S unit. Maybe it's just my bad luck, but I think 5-6 C units is more accurate for enhancing an S. Let's say 5 to make math easy.

So on one side, we have 2 S units, and the other side 2 A units and 20 C units (= +4 enhance for an S unit). Looking from the perspective of enhancing an S unit, yeah, I'd say the Cs are definitely worth more.

But is maxing an S unit actually hard enough to warrant keeping those C units? I feel it's not, and that instead, building a large stockpile of S and A units would have more value as they are harder to come by and are much needed in maxing an SSS unit. Also, considering that B units aren't very plentiful, you won't need as many S units to max as you'll need to focus on maxing those SS units first to get SSS units. I suppose you can stockpile SS units, but the amount of B units will definitely hold them back.

So in the end, I guess it depends on what you're looking to max and what you currently have. If you already have a few S maxed, then maybe it's better to go for that S reward. If you don't have any S maxed and need an SS unit to use those B units on, then maybe not. Though regardless of the situation, I feel that C units are so plentiful that you should go for the reward regardless.

Honestly though, you can't really go wrong either way. As long as you are following the enhancing steps for S, SS and SSS units, you're good.

I've been doing ok on Myth. I thought the same thing at first too, but the problem was just that I wasn't actually using my shoes to farm fodder. I would go a couple days without even doing any story dungeons just because I would be stuck and so I'd farm gear, do daily dungeons, etc. Eventually I went back and actually tried farming fodder, and I get quite a few B's now. Especially if you go during Ally Encounter rate + bonus.

But I agree, I would love it to see Nightmare mode or something just completely remove C monsters from the pool.

That's like asking them to completely remove blues from the raid reward pool for an SS rank.

/they-are-NEVER-going-to-do-that

Your math seem off here, 4 C gives you a 19% chance of getting one level on an S, that seems pretty far from average. Same thing with your A example, 2 C's will give you a 33% chance of gaining one level up for an A, again not really average.

We are both wrong, but I was close, just messed up on one detail.

You're not looking for the probability of getting the level up on the 4th C. You're looking for the probability of getting the level up by the 4th C. You can't ignore the probability that you will get it on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

Independently, the probabilities look like this:
1st C - 10% success, 90% failure
2nd C - 13% success, 87% failure
3rd C - 16% success, 84% failure
4th C - 19% success, 81% failure.

The probability of not getting the skillup after 4 Cs is therefore (0.9)(0.87)(0.84)(0.81) = 53.28%, and thus the probability of getting the skillup on or before the 4th C is therefore 1 - .5328 = 46.7%

Anyway, my mistake was that I used the 50% point as the expected value. This isn't correct. Instead you need to look at the independent probability of getting the skillup only exactly the N'th attempt, for every value of N, and then sum the products of each of those probabilities with the corresponding N.

A few such values are:

On the 1st C - 10%
On the 2nd C - 11.7%
On the 3rd C - 12.53%
On the 4th C - 12.5%
On the 5th C - 11.72%
On the 6th C - 10.39%

As you can see this is kind of like a lognormal distribution, which makes sense given the multiplicative effect of successive trials.

If you do this for all possible values of N and sum over this, this gives an expected # of attempts of 5.23 using C's to skillup an S

So we can say that on average, it takes about 31 Cs to max an S

goober

We are both wrong, but I was close, just messed up on one detail.

You're not looking for the probability of getting the level up on the 4th C. You're looking for the probability of getting the level up by the 4th C. You can't ignore the probability that you will get it on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

Independently, the probabilities look like this:
1st C - 10% success, 90% failure
2nd C - 13% success, 87% failure
3rd C - 16% success, 84% failure
4th C - 19% success, 81% failure.

The probability of not getting the skillup after 4 Cs is therefore (0.9)(0.87)(0.84)(0.81) = 53.28%, and thus the probability of getting the skillup on or before the 4th C is therefore 1 - .5328 = 46.7%

Anyway, my mistake was that I used the 50% point as the expected value. This isn't correct. Instead you need to look at the independent probability of getting the skillup only exactly the N'th attempt, for every value of N, and then sum the products of each of those probabilities with the corresponding N.

A few such values are:

On the 1st C - 10%
On the 2nd C - 11.7%
On the 3rd C - 12.53%
On the 4th C - 12.5%
On the 5th C - 11.72%
On the 6th C - 10.39%

As you can see this is kind of like a lognormal distribution, which makes sense given the multiplicative effect of successive trials.

If you do this for all possible values of N and sum over this, this gives an expected # of attempts of 5.23 using C's to skillup an S

You can extrapolate this and say 5.23 A's to skillup an SSS, right?

Miragith

Just looking through the patch notes. Did they really just make the essences ally specific or was that how it was released in Korea?

Limit

So any class type can ascend to the according Draco characters right? You don't actually need death crown to get draco death crown? I gues we'll get angels a few weeks or months from now

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?258490-Notice-Patch-Notes-07-20-15-New-Allies

According to one of the posts in that linked thread the new ascended items can only be farmed in new locations. Do you need to beat the current available content in myth mode to get access to the newest areas?

Anyone knows?

Yea, should work. And with +8 needed to max, about 42 A's to max.

I should run the numbers and see how it changes if you use 1 S per level starting at +4

If you use an S first followed by A's until skillup the expected time to level is 1 S and 3 A's. So this is efficient if you value an S less highly than 2.23 A's (which may just be because of the ratio of S's and A's in your hand for whatever reason)

Rose store will remain until August.

Oh, cool. I couldn't get enough red ones for the red accessory, but enough for the summon, and I got the other two accessories anyway.

Are there any other accessories in this game? Besides the rose ones seem to be the only ones I know of, which is odd.

wapplew

Oh, cool. I couldn't get enough red ones for the red accessory, but enough for the summon, and I got the other two accessories anyway.

Are there any other accessories in this game? Besides the rose ones seem to be the only ones I know of, which is odd.

You can farm myth fortress, garden landing, foggy rampart for SSS accessories.

Have the Chapter 2 preregister codes gone out?

I got Dark Knife Freyd for my SSS summon, and picked up an S rank Javelin Ruby from the reward for getting an SSS. Not bad, not bad. Fodder at the very least!

EDIT: is there an NA gaf guild I could squirm into?

Pejo

Got Patta! Was super stoked about this one, I really needed a tank. Vurch just wasn't cutting it in Myth. Now if I can just get a SSS healer one of these days, I can let Ranran get some rest.

Anyone know the new hotness for a DoD Rogue build with the new 60 cap? I want to make sure i'm not wasting any skill points in the wrong category.

Have the Chapter 2 preregister codes gone out?

I got Dark Knife Freyd for my SSS summon, and picked up an S rank Javelin Ruby from the reward for getting an SSS. Not bad, not bad. Fodder at the very least!

EDIT: is there an NA gaf guild I could squirm into?

Yeah, in-game mailbox, I think.

As for guilds, my guild has a core group that is active though not particularly talkative.

I got Ackard. Eh, I'll take it, I suppose, he's got an AOE and a stun. At the least, he's fodder for ascending.

Now, to figure out what the hell to spend my 200+ rubies on, since I've already got a full costume set (not the newer ones, which seem to have better stats, though) and all my character's inventory and storage slots are unlocked.

Miragith

[Event] Chapter 2 Launch Party~ (7/21 - 8/21 PDT/CEST/SGT)
Greetings Bodens!

We hope you are enjoying the awesome Chapter 2 update!

We're sending EVEN MORE events your way.

Dates: *7/21 ~ 8/2*
Ally Enhance Cost 30% OFF - *(Every Tues/Thurs/Sat 9:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM PDT/CEST/SGT)*
Receive 30% increase to Success Chance when failing Ally Enhance - *(Every Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun 9:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM PDT/CEST/SGT)*
Receive 2 Bonus Premium Ally summons for every 10 summons.

Dates: *7/21 ~ 8/21*
Receive 1 S Ally Summon for every SS Combine and 3 S Ally Summons for every SSS Combine - *(Limit 2 for each Combine)*

Dates: *7/21 ~ 7/31*
Receive a free Premium Ally Summon by logging in every day from 6:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM PDT/CEST/SGT.

[Event] Chapter 2 Launch Party~ (7/21 - 8/21 PDT/CEST/SGT)
Greetings Bodens!

We hope you are enjoying the awesome Chapter 2 update!

We're sending EVEN MORE events your way.

Dates: *7/21 ~ 8/2*
Ally Enhance Cost 30% OFF - *(Every Tues/Thurs/Sat 9:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM PDT/CEST/SGT)*
Receive 30% increase to Success Chance when failing Ally Enhance - *(Every Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun 9:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM PDT/CEST/SGT)*
Receive 2 Bonus Premium Ally summons for every 10 summons.

Dates: *7/21 ~ 8/21*
Receive 1 S Ally Summon for every SS Combine and 3 S Ally Summons for every SSS Combine - *(Limit 2 for each Combine)*

Dates: *7/21 ~ 7/31*
Receive a free Premium Ally Summon by logging in every day from 6:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM PDT/CEST/SGT.

I NEED THIS

StuffRuff

Feeling so conflicted.

Abandoned my US server character as a lvl 49 priest as I had hit a brick wall with story progress in Legendary and had terrble luck with all my combines and summons for SS and SSS. Nothing better than 3rd and 4th tier in both and I was even missing key S allies like RanRan.

So last week I moved back over to the EU server and started a new toon as a rogue. Being UK based suddenly I was actually around for all the timed events throughout the day which was great. Also I was given a RanRan on day one as a welcome bonus. This seemed to start a string of good luck as my first 3 SS combines so far were Black Snow, Dark Lance and Dark Curse. So far I was really glad I had made the jump and was glad to see the back of my US server luck and I've been smashing through story mode since.

Now comes to today. Guaranteed SSS day after Chapter 2 release. On my EU server toon I've pulled a Gar....possibly one of the worst SSS's. Not to worry I guess, I've still got a Dark Lance to head the pack and I've got loads of fodder to see how else my luck turns out. Then I thought I'd log back into my US server game on an old phone on the off chance I'd get something decent. Mother fuckin' Shabelle.

Looks like I'm playing EU and US at the same time now lol

Feeling so conflicted.

Abandoned my US server character as a lvl 49 priest as I had hit a brick wall with story progress in Legendary and had terrble luck with all my combines and summons for SS and SSS. Nothing better than 3rd and 4th tier in both and I was even missing key S allies like RanRan.

So last week I moved back over to the EU server and started a new toon as a rogue. Being UK based suddenly I was actually around for all the timed events throughout the day which was great. Also I was given a RanRan on day one as a welcome bonus. This seemed to start a string of good luck as my first 3 SS combines so far were Black Snow, Dark Lance and Dark Curse. So far I was really glad I had made the jump and was glad to see the back of my US server luck and I've been smashing through story mode since.

Now comes to today. Guaranteed SSS day after Chapter 2 release. On my EU server toon I've pulled a Gar....possibly one of the worst SSS's. Not to worry I guess, I've still got a Dark Lance to head the pack and I've got loads of fodder to see how else my luck turns out. Then I thought I'd log back into my US server game on an old phone on the off chance I'd get something decent. Mother fuckin' Shabelle.

Promiscuous, eh?

And yesssssss, finally maxed out my Gram. Now I need to max out my Mer and then Tyran.

wapplew

Feeling so conflicted.

I'm with you.
Migrate from Asia cause 5 bad SSS plus 2 dupe. Go to US, get ok SSS.
Today get a dupe in US, go back Asia, get Mercedes, Windlune and Azur.
Where should I play.

Yaari

So I guess the days of Rubies as a SSS reward combine are finally over. I do like how they reset the friend counter so I got a SS and 50 Rubies waiting for me there.

That Ally Enhance bonus is sick. I hope I get a Rogue SSS draw so I can start working on that.

Ventara

Got Bloodwind.

Anyways, looks like we might see some of the other characters in the story, like Captain Byron. I like the new screen and icon. I'm pretty excited to see the new areas, but first things first; gotta do the arena. Once I burn my tickets, I'll dive straight into the new story. Oh, and I was kidding about Bloodwind; got Karang, lol.

Edit: Just noticed the skill reset. Gonna stick with DoD for rogue. I'll need to think Mage over, though.

wapplew

Got Bloodwind.

Anyways, looks like we might see some of the other characters in the story, like Captain Byron. I like the new screen and icon. I'm pretty excited to see the new areas, but first things first; gotta do the arena. Once I burn my tickets, I'll dive straight into the new story. Oh, and I was kidding about Bloodwind; got Karang, lol.

Edit: Just noticed the skill reset. Gonna stick with DoD for rogue. I'll need to think Mage over, though.

Gratz!

I try to get Draco today, just shocked by the cost. Time to farm gram and lab.

Yaari

My mage still Sheep. These new Allies will do my damage. I think her CC is still miles beyond anything else I can get her to do.

Ventara

Got to the new area. Mmmm, Starbreeze. And you have to be lv 55 to get here? Makes sense, I guess, though it's gonna be a long journey for new players.

Edit: Holy crap! There are people with multiple Dracos already! GB are gonna be brutal.

Chaos17

I'm with you.
Migrate from Asia cause 5 bad SSS plus 2 dupe. Go to US, get ok SSS.
Today get a dupe in US, go back Asia, get Mercedes, Windlune and Azur.
Where should I play.

I should't have read you guys because I didn't know that you can have an SSS whatever the server you're. So I tried other servers and damn that game trolled me hard by pulling Brightspark on NA server >_< F**** RGG!! I wanted her so bad on my Eu server!!!

Kalavaras

Banned
Wait what, that ally enhancing event sounds crazy. Does that mean I can enhance the big boys with junk fodder and get mad bonuses?

I got Ackard. Ive no clue who to use for making a draco. Potential victims are MAX+1 DC, MAX crappy archer and +6 Karang. I might let Karang go. I like strong frontline for my mag priest / sheep mage.

Yaari

I should't have read you guys because I didn't know that you can have an SSS whatever the server you're. So I tried other servers and damn that game trolled me hard by pulling Brightspark on NA server >_< F**** RGG!! I wanted her so bad on my Eu server!!!

Does that mean anyone that start over today, could pick the SSS they want? (Just start over a ridiculous amount of times)

I think Arena this week will be full of people that might use their Roses for tickets. Will be difficult to score top 50

Top Bottom