• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Whizkid7

Oh, I'd definitely keep Porin. Porin, Mercedes and Shabelle should all be kept, imo. Seems like a team of healers with 2 DPS might be pretty good.

Can't help you with Million Arthur, but wouldn't it be easier to start a new character? Might be worth it too if you don't have a rogue/mage/priest. Speaking of which, if I don't get an SSS healer soon, I'll probably start a 2nd alt with a priest.

Yeah, that's why I'm letting her just chill and focusing on the others.

How does making a new character work anyway in regards to rubies? Do I still keep all my allies and stuff? I honestly haven't thought about it since it's taking me long enough just to hit 50 on my main.

Woot that's awesome translation!!
Thanks to this we can see some class restriction.

Gotta analyse this and post it on my blog, THANK YOU!

Edit : okay, you're right about having the right classes of the right ascended but that's actually a problem.
For example, we know that Tiel is supposed to be a paladin class but the folio put her in the category of warrior so some confusion might happen.

First column is actually the MATERIAL YOU NEED FOR ASCENDING.

I'll update my post to mention that.

It's possible that they could change Tiel's class category/description with S2's roll out.

Ventara

How does making a new character work anyway in regards to rubies? Do I still keep all my allies and stuff? I honestly haven't thought about it since it's taking me long enough just to hit 50 on my main.

You keep all your allies and stuff, but the item and inventory slots for the new character has to be unlocked again. The Bravery Quests reset (like the ruby rewards for beating Raid bosses), and that's where you get most of your rubies from. At your level, you can probably breeze through Normal and Hero, though it'll just take a lot of shoes.

Oh, that was the name of the potions!
Thanks I will correct that.

Yeah, the names of the 2nd and 3rd groups (the ones from the 2nd and 3rd potions) are something that we both weren't sure of because my friend says that it is like the Japanese use of katakana alphabet/characters to represent the rough verbal transliteration of a name.

I was able to explain to him the English versions of the names from the first group.

I have updated my post with a new image of the table. Also explicitly mentioned the color-coding.

Chaos17

Yeah, the names of the 2nd and 3rd groups (the ones from the 2nd and 3rd potions) are something that we both weren't sure of because my friend says that it is like the Japanese use of katakana alphabet/characters to represent the rough verbal transliteration of a name.

I was able to explain to him the English versions of the names from the first group.

I have updated my post with a new image of the table. Also explicitly mentioned the color-coding.

Allright, I will update it on my blog.
Thanks again for your help.

Whizkid7

You keep all your allies and stuff, but the item and inventory slots for the new character has to be unlocked again. The Bravery Quests reset (like the ruby rewards for beating Raid bosses), and that's where you get most of your rubies from. At your level, you can probably breeze through Normal and Hero, though it'll just take a lot of shoes.

Iiiiiiiiiinteresting....That's not a bad idea at all! Will have to consider this later tonight....

RS4-

Whoops, I should've tried to hit 55 by tomorrow, instead I'm sitting halfway to 54 with like 270ish shoes lol.

Fucked up by not logging in during the specific hours to get the free summons.

Ventara

Whoops, I should've tried to hit 55 by tomorrow, instead I'm sitting halfway to 54 with like 270ish shoes lol.

Dude, go for it. You can make it. 270 shoes is more than enough to grind 25 million on Myth. Plus, you'll get a bunch of allies and accessories.

Buy the cheapest exp potion you can get. You get 200 rubies for getting 55 by the update right? There's a 40 ruby exp potion, so you only have to get 12.5 million. Spam Deserted Tower 9 for 350k-500k a pop and that's only 25-35 runs

You also missed out on the +100% exp boost. My warrior went from lvl 1 to 20 really quick because of that.

Pejo

So question: when season 2 goes live, do we suddenly lose access to all season 1 raids? I'm still on my Myth playthrough and haven't even unlocked Shadowcrag yet, don't think I'm going to get all the way through and beat Gram tonight. If that's the case, i'll probably use the shoes to level up my alt Mage. I was so pissed that I didn't get my last red rose to roll an accessory. Sat at 19/20 for the last 5 days, couldn't get a single last rose to drop. Oh well.

KimChi

So question: when season 2 goes live, do we suddenly lose access to all season 1 raids? I'm still on my Myth playthrough and haven't even unlocked Shadowcrag yet, don't think I'm going to get all the way through and beat Gram tonight. If that's the case, i'll probably use the shoes to level up my alt Mage. I was so pissed that I didn't get my last red rose to roll an accessory. Sat at 19/20 for the last 5 days, couldn't get a single last rose to drop. Oh well.

Nope, no reason to lose season 1 raids. They are still present in the korean version, plus season 2 should be adding a new area meaning new boss raids, no need to get rid of old ones.

RS4-

Thanks guys, averaging 700k or so xp, so another 20ish runs to hit 54. Hopefully maintenance doesn't randomly show up earlier than usual.

Unless that happens on Tuesdays.

KimChi

Allright, I will update it on my blog.
Thanks again for your help.

Btw what is your blog? must've missed it if you posted it.
Also did you see anything in the updates about our characters getting buffed in some way?
First screen is my mage no equips, second is korean mage with no equips. Such a huge difference in hp mostly.
UmvSo2G.png

ThfN7mZ.png

Pejo

Nope, no reason to lose season 1 raids. They are still present in the korean version, plus season 2 should be adding a new area meaning new boss raids, no need to get rid of old ones.

Great news. I really wanted my rubies from beating Myth mode. Thanks!

Chaos17

Patch note is out

Greetings Bodens,

Patch notes for the NEW Chapter 2 are here! Find out what's new below:

Details:

Added Blue Pearl Stage (Directs players to Chapter 2)
Added new stages for Chapter 2, "Forfeited Forest"
Added new quests for Chapter 2
Added new monsters for Chapter 2: High Elves, Fairies, Spiders, etc.
Added new Raid Boss: Phoenix of the Flames
Added Deify System
Added Memory Essences (Purchased from shop or dropped from monsters)
Deify into Quinque Dracos
Increased max level to 60.
Increased max ally count to 70.
Changed World Boss schedule
Start: 12:00 AM (Tues) PDT/CEST/SGT
Reward: 12:00 AM (Wed) PDT/CEST/SGT
Updated Friend Invitation Reward: 40 Friends will now reward a [SS] Ally.
Close Rose Event Shop
Event End: 07/20 PDT Maintenance
Trade End: ~07/28 PDT

Fixes and Improvements

Fixed an issue where iOS devices were not able to send in-game messages.
Improved Labyrinth Ally switch feature.
Added fallen ally indicator.
Added receive all feature in mailbox.
Improved Buff Indicator.
Added "Next Stage" feature in result screen.
Resetting skill will now reset all skills to 0.
Added feature to allow players to see the stage's rewards.

Season 2 Gifts!

All players who login by ~08/25 PDT will receive a free SSS Ally.
All skills have been reset for free!

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?258360-Notice-Patch-Notes-07-20-15

Ventara

Went ahead and started a Priest alt. I can't just keep hoping I'll get an SSS healer.

I'm assuming that Memory Essence are the items needed to ascend a unit? Anyways, I'm pretty excited about S2. I'm tempted to go to sleep early so I can wake up early and play it, lol.

Yeah, I'm blowing all my rubies the next B10G2FREE event.

Same

Yaari

So you guys not buying the Ascended item then?

I'm at #33, 1800 points ahead of the #50. I wonder if I will maintain my spot within the top 50.

Ventara

So you guys not buying the Ascended item then?

I'm at #33, 1800 points ahead of the #50. I wonder if I will maintain my spot within the top 50.

If I still don't have enough of them when I have 6 spare SSS and a ton of grinding, I'll think about it, but as of now, no. No reason to buy them when we don't know how rare they'll be.

Pejo

Yeah. I don't see anything about guaranteed pulls :(

Crap. I should have used them all with the B10G2 :/

I'll be honest, this hurts a bit. I'm up to almost 3500 rubies now, was really looking forward to burning them on pulls. Ah well, I'm going to continue to fight the good fight and continue to save. At least I get a free SSS just for logging in. Hope it's not a rogue!

Limit

If I still don't have enough of them when I have 6 spare SSS and a ton of grinding, I'll think about it, but as of now, no. No reason to buy them when we don't know how rare they'll be.

Same place here. Not buying unless even with 2 weeks of grinding there are 0 ascended item drops.

Uthred

I wonder will the extra build points lead to any changes in the current skill setups or will it just make them incrementally better. No mention of any class buffs, maybe they come later in Season 2 or maybe the patch notes just arent that detailed

Hmm, so I can get my SSS to MAX+4 shortly after the update lands.

Have 2 fodder on hand already. 1 more from the free SSS after patch. Also have a Maxed SS and will get 1 more SS from the free one after patch.

So all I have to do is max the one free SS and that will be 4 spare fodder SSS.

Being that close it's going to be very tempting to start spamming As and Ss on my SSs to get that final combine quickly.

niosh

Banned
Judging from that image posted in patch notes I'm guessing their will be new allies since there are some new additions to the Folio.

MPER5Ne.png

zanyu

I am so salty of so many things right now....

First grats on the SSS summon. But I hate you.

Also all my hope of getting top 50 in arena today is lost. A mage I was farming for multiple matches, never once had trouble, I actually lost. He was a meteor mage, and I guess he crit 4/5 of my team members, which led to the defeat.

Lost my 20 win streak bonus, it's just too grueling to try to raise it back up again and on top of that try to get top 50 without spending rubies.

Do you consistently get top 50? If so do you ever spend rubies, cause it seems so exhausting try to keep up with ticket usage throughout the day and doing arena and refreshing to look for opponents I can beat.

What are the typical scores?

Yaari

Also all my hope of getting top 50 in arena today is lost. A mage I was farming for multiple matches, never once had trouble, I actually lost. He was a meteor mage, and I guess he crit 4/5 of my team members, which led to the defeat.

Lost my 20 win streak bonus, it's just too grueling to try to raise it back up again and on top of that try to get top 50 without spending rubies.

Do you consistently get top 50? If so do you ever spend rubies, cause it seems so exhausting try to keep up with ticket usage throughout the day and doing arena and refreshing to look for opponents I can beat.

Never spend rubies. I do keep up with the ticket, but the most important thing like you said is keeping that streak going. And no, this will be the first time I hit top 50 (hoping so anyway).

I had a strong start, and there's still some guy in top 25 that I can beat. If not for him though, it would not be possible.

Next week will probably be difficult again. But with that said, I should be able to make top 1% every time from now on.

JigsawX

This will be my third week getting top 50. No rubies used so far. I'm at 13726 which is currently rank 21. 485/504. Actually my worst week. Normally I only lose 10 Times.

While I don't use rubies all my bonus tickets to go to arena though. The daily 10s and various event bonus ones. After this week I'm aim for just top 1 percent though. Going to grind out the New raids for gear for a bit

This will be my third week getting top 50. No rubies used so far. I'm at 13726 which is currently rank 21. 485/504. Actually my worst week. Normally I only lose 10 Times.

While I don't use rubies all my bonus tickets to go to arena though. The daily 10s and various event bonus ones. After this week I'm aim for just top 1 percent though. Going to grind out the New raids for gear for a bit

How do you guys even get that many tickets?

It's pretty easy once you no longer need to do raids.

I was able to do 410 games for 12,876 points. Pretty easy to obtain if you save a few of the event tickets from the previous week. Also getting some tickets form the roses help, but all of that is really just a buffer to front load the points. I feel like it could be doable with just the normal ticket refill rate.

JigsawX

Well 30 when same up then roughly 7 to 12. 12 to 5 and 5 to 10. 120 tickets per day. 6 for daily lab. 4 for daily raid. 110 leftover. 55 runs per day. 7 days is 385 runs. 10 tickets per day bonus so x6 is 30 more runs for the week. I think this week they gave 20 for daily reward and 30 for weekend? So roughly 495. Also have some old ones from past events

Now that my gear is mostly maxed i need to start spamming labyrinth. It's amazing what a difference good gear makes. I can now clear round 26 starting from round 1 on auto battle the whole time with 0 scrolls used. I can essentially just start it, go do something else for 10 minutes, then return later to start it again.

zanyu

Well 30 when same up then roughly 7 to 12. 12 to 5 and 5 to 10. 120 tickets per day. 6 for daily lab. 4 for daily raid. 110 leftover. 55 runs per day. 7 days is 385 runs. 10 tickets per day bonus so x6 is 30 more runs for the week. I think this week they gave 20 for daily reward and 30 for weekend? So roughly 495. Also have some old ones from past events

Yeah I can't really get to use all 120 tickets just from regular generation which sucks.

If I am in a hurry to burn tickets I just do 4 ticket lab runs.

And hitting a guild battle minimum in my guild definitely kills a lot of my tickets.

Finally got 55 on my warrior before maintenance, but I'm literally TWO red roses off from making another accessory. So annoyed right now.

Now that my gear is mostly maxed i need to start spamming labyrinth. It's amazing what a difference good gear makes. I can now clear round 26 starting from round 1 on auto battle the whole time with 0 scrolls used. I can essentially just start it, go do something else for 10 minutes, then return later to start it again.

Ever since I got Mer, I've been able to autopilot my way to labyrinth lvl 28 on my priest. It also means that I can go watch anime while the game is running.

KumaJG

Word. I'm trying to burn through my tickets but I don't think I'll make it in time. And raids aren't any faster since there's barely anyone doing it.

You use As for enhancing S units?! Though I recall you having a bunch of SSS units, so maybe you're just rolling in fodder.

Yea just on the last one. I more or less follow this guide for enhancing allies https://gamelytic.com/dragon-blaze-ally-enhancement-combine-guide/

I don't have a lot of SSS either only 4(Belle,Ackard,Farq and Windlune).

Yea just on the last one. I follow this guide for enhancing allies https://gamelytic.com/dragon-blaze-ally-enhancement-combine-guide/

Are you level 55 yet? if so, my advice is to forget everything you read in this guide.

Enhancing SSS - Use only A until +4, then use 1 S followed by A until 20%, then B
Enhancing SS - Use only B, period
Enhancing S - Use only C, period
Enhancing A - Don't bother ever enhancing As

It's more expensive this way, but your rubies will go much farther because 100% of your A's and B's will go towards enhancing your premium units.

Einbroch

Banned
Are you level 55 yet? if so, my advice is to forget everything you read in this guide.

Enhancing SSS - Use only A until +4, then use 1 S followed by A until 20%, then B

Best guide.

Ventara

Got kicked out.

Yea just on the last one. I more or less follow this guide for enhancing allies https://gamelytic.com/dragon-blaze-ally-enhancement-combine-guide/

I don't have a lot of SSS either only 4(Belle,Ackard,Farq and Windlune).

Yeah, I recommend using this enhancing method if you're looking to save some A and S units. It really helps when it comes time to max an SSS unit.

It's more expensive this way, but your rubies will go much farther because 100% of your A's and B's will go towards enhancing your premium units.

I think it's worth enhancing A units when there's a reward for combining an S unit, though I agree otherwise.

Top Bottom